GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beth's blog, Day 7:

On cross-examination, defense attorney David Kaloyanides pressed Sheridan on whether Erin could have been strangled as much as a day before she suffered the skull fractures and other broken bones. Sheridan it was possible.

Thank you, I found the link & context to your post that I queried.
http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.ca/2016/10/day-seven-autopsy-details.html?m=1

Given that Lee has confessed on the stand, it's rather a moot point now.

Blame the victim!!!! We saw this in the Jodi Arias case. I did it but it's the victims fault.

Sometimes evil is just that EVIL.

He talked about Russian Roulette, trying to kill himself for a month which happens to be around the time Erin thought/found out she was pregnant.

Instead of accepting responsibility for his actions, he chose to kill her thinking he had the perfect plan.

IMO he premeditated the murder of Erin, lured her out to the middle of nowhere killed her and got caught.

Guilty of all charges. Hoping the Jury sees it that way too.

He deserves the max. penalty IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His attorney questioned the time/day of her murderer is just to try and put doubt in the mind of the jurors....you know, throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

His attorney questioned the time/day of her murderer is just to try and put doubt in the mind of the jurors....you know, throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Exactly. He had nothing to back it up. The question he posed to the Coroner is a common one in cases where the body is found in a state of decomposition. Lawyers use that to their advantage to cast doubt for their client. The testimony and evidence point to the day of June 28th, 2014.

So much BS about his supposed defense just doesn't make sense. IF he wants the jury to believe he just snapped:

Why was he separating from the Marines if he was that upset over not deploying? Was it not a voluntary separation?

He played Russian Roulette for a month? And never succeeded? Does he know he actually had to put a bullet in one of the chambers?

Why did he sit in jail for more than two years just patiently waiting for the chance to give his explanation? What was the point of a surprise confession? Why not bring it up immediately in hopes of making bail?

He was so distraught at what he "suspected" happened to his daughter that he continued to have sex with and allow the supposed "perpetrator" to continue babysitting his daughter for months before he did anything? Come on.

Well I guess NL will be able to be in the courtroom for closing since no more witnesses to be called. Dunno

However, the prosecution revealed there were no shoes found on Corwin's body, or recovered from the well; a fact which could poke holes in Lee's version of events.

Daugherty: "During all of this, what you say was this big, dramatic thing where you're playing Russian roulette and she goes off into the mine shaft, she wasn't wearing shoes?"

Lee: "I believe she was wearing shoes."

Daugherty: "There's no shoes on her feet there right?"

Lee: "No, there is not."

Daugherty: "What happened to her shoes?

Lee: "I don't know."
http://www.kesq.com/news/marine-corp-veteran-admits-to-killing-lover-dumping-body/139317274

However, the prosecution revealed there were no shoes found on Corwin's body, or recovered from the well; a fact which could poke holes in Lee's version of events.

Daugherty: "During all of this, what you say was this big, dramatic thing where you're playing Russian roulette and she goes off into the mine shaft, she wasn't wearing shoes?"

http://www.kesq.com/news/marine-corp-veteran-admits-to-killing-lover-dumping-body/139317274

Thank Goodness he is a moron.

Right. Like she is walking around out there without any shoes on....Nope!

Shoes, car keys, and cell phone. He knows where they are, it just doesn't fit his story line.

Who inflicted the “blunt force trauma from being hit with a heavy object” while Erin was” still alive, or very shortly after brain death.”?
Did CL hit Erin’s head “with a heavy object” “above and behind Erin's left ear” causing skull fracture?

In what has been publicly reported, a head hit with a heavy object wasn’t described by CL during his confession testimony.

Interesting that CL said he strangled Erin for FIVE minutes.
ME Sheridan said Erin likely suffered brain death within FOUR minutes.

Dr Sheridan said he believes Erin “suffered brain death within four minutes.“
CL described “the homemade garrote in his hand and the five minutes it took to strangle the life out of 19-year-old Erin Corwin.”

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.ca/2016/10/day-seven-autopsy-details.html?m=1
[Dr. Frank Sheridan Chief Medical Examiner, San Bernardino County Sheriff]
Sheridan testified one fracture above and behind Erin's left ear appeared to be the result of blunt force trauma from being hit with a heavy object either while she was still alive, or very shortly after brain death.
Sheridan believes she would have lost consciousness with twenty seconds of the beginning of the strangulation, and suffered brain death within four minutes.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.ca/2016/11/day-ten-closing-arguments-expected.html?m=1
On re-re-direct, David Kaloyanides asked about the demonstration of the murder Lee participated in last Thursday at Daugherty's request. Lee attempted to eliminate any premeditation from his action, saying that when he actually murdered Erin, time for him was "fluid" and there was no distinction between the moment he realized he had the homemade garrote in his hand and the five minutes it took to strangle the life out of 19-year-old Erin Corwin.

Is it possible Erin's shoes came off during her descent? I don't recall reading if she was located at the bottom or if there was still mine space below her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://z1077fm.com/jury-deliberations-begin-today-in-christopher-lee-murder-trial/
JURY DELIBERATIONS BEGIN TODAY IN CHRISTOPHER LEE MURDER TRIAL
By Z107.7 News, on November 2nd, 2016
The defense and the prosecution both rested their cases Tuesday morning in the murder trial of Christopher Lee. . .
. . . The members of the jury will be given their instructions this morning, and begin their deliberations.

Did they already do closing arguments?

Is it possible Erin's shoes came off during her descent? I don't recall reading if she was located at the bottom or if there was still mine space below her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there was another 100 feet or more. She was caught on a ledge or debris, if I'm remembering correctly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back