GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard, "He's an ex Marine, put the camera down"....not sure exactly what that has to do with filming them leaving the courtroom. And why the displaced anger at the media, of all people. Maybe they should be angry at CL for murdering someone? I know I would be if he were my family member.

ETA: I think that is NL that said that to the camera....and his mom who walked by quietly after.

Sorry to quote myself. She is wearing his dog tags, too.

I would now like to see Lee stripped of his honorable discharge from the United States Marine Corp. He is not worthy and doesn't deserve it. He's an embarrassment to his brothers and sisters in arms and neither he or Nichole deserve the benefits an honorable discharge affords veterans.

To any military family who may be reading this post, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your many sacrifices. As a Navy vet mom I know the sacrifices are endless. Muah!

BBM: is that possible? (I know nothing about US military service terms & conditions). Was he still serving when he committed the murder?

ETA: nevermind - I'll google ;)

I heard, "He's an ex Marine, put the camera down"....not sure exactly what that has to do with filming them leaving the courtroom. And why the displaced anger at the media, of all people. Maybe they should be angry at CL for murdering someone? I know I would be if he were my family member.

They believe he was justified maybe, who knows? If it were my son, I would have apologized to Erin's Mom and asked for forgiveness. In other cases, I've seen parents of the victim and accused do this in court. It's a very powerful moment.

One good thing is CL with spend the rest of his life in the California prison system far, far away from friends and family in Alaska. Unless, of course, some of them are dumb enough to move here for him.

I do feel horrible that their daughter will have to grow up without a daddy. She is an innocent in all of this.

ETA: I think that is NL that said that to the camera....and his mom who walked by quietly after.

:thinking:

There is no such thing as an ex-marine, as once a Marine always a Marine. :moo:

Perhaps she knows he's going to get a retroactive dishonorable discharge?

BBM: is that possible? (I know nothing about US military service terms & conditions). Was he still serving when he committed the murder?

ETA: nevermind - I'll google ;)

I don't know if it's possible. Will you please let me know what you find out? I sure would appreciate it. And yes, he was still an active marine when he murdered Erin.

Colin Atagi

Erin Corwin's mom: I don't know if there will ever be closure. @MyDesert

Erin Corwin's mother spoke to jurors. "I just wanted to tell them thank you." @MyDesert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've googled it, because it keeps coming up. I can't find anything. Not sure it can be done.

I found information that states that he won't be eligible for benefits when in prison and conflicting information as to whether or not he would have had to have been wearing his uniform or on duty when committing the crime in order for him to be stripped of his Honorable Discharge. I think a military panel would have to make a ruling on the matter, either way? I don't know much of how the military operates so take that all with a grain of salt.....

The media/video won't play for me :tantrum:

And I'm not able to quote...Knox, did you give me your sickness?? :wink:

It's most likely going to mean less income for her due to dishonorable discharge!

The media/video won't play for me :tantrum:

I had to click outside of the video box which I think made it a little bigger then it would play for me. Had to try a couple of times.

I don't have a source, but I'm getting the rough idea from my googling that the Marines would have to recall him to active duty and then initiate proceedings against him. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Her income isn't affected by his discharge. She gets no benefits . He was the one with burial,VA and home loan benefits. She was just a spouse and he only served 6 years. It would have been different if he retired.

I just can't help suspecting she had a role in Erin's murder. Not literally, but goading and haranging Chris about Erin to the degree he felt murder was even an option. I know he is responsible for his own actions, but I have seen men make some bad decisions because of the women in their life.

My problem; if you wish bad things for Nichole, that directly effects L. Poor child, I hope she has extended family that has better moral character than her Mother. She is going to need to grow up with a healthy viewpoint of what her Dad did.

He separated from the Marines, not retired, so he doesn't receive any pay and has limited benefits. And if he never deployed (not sure if this is true), he is not a veteran and not eligible for veterans benefits. He/they are likely getting very little if anything from the Marines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The media/video won't play for mbe :tantrum:

I hope not!! My quote feature is working properly again. I think the server switch created a few issues that needed to be worked out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back