Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the alleged boyfriend/father did this, he had help. Just sayin'

The article was removed on the Locate facebook page, and then reposted about an hour ago. It's still there.

I don't know why, at this point, they don't just address it. Just acknowledge it and move on.

The original posting of the story is still there posted by MB two hours ago and then there is one further down posted by AL 59 minutes ago.

Thanks for the info, moonbeams! Then it's making more sense that LE still seems so intent on looking only in the area, although (as far as we know) they haven't found anything yet.

Yes. 29 Palms and JTNP were hit hard by that storm. The area where the car was found was hit particularly hard.

No, just working with that theory since that's the only place LE is even looking for her...sounds like they must be pretty sure.

I think they might have been directed to JT Park on purpose, if the current rumor is accurate, and she might have been placed further east off of the highway a bit. Then the car was dropped off with a straight shot on foot to the base.

Add: I guess, to answer your question about the cameras, the purpose would be to make everyone think she's in JT Park.

It would make more sense to me if she were somewhere else like that, and JT was just a red herring. However, I'm so curious why LE isn't looking anywhere other than JT!
I think they might have been directed to JT Park on purpose, if the current rumor is accurate, and she might have been placed further east off of the highway a bit. Then the car was dropped off with a straight shot on foot to the base.

Add: I guess, to answer your question about the cameras, the purpose would be to make everyone think she's in JT Park.

They were looking and digging elsewhere (east). No, I don't have a link. And I don't know if they are still searching there or if it was just the one day earlier this week.

The article was removed on the Locate facebook page, and then reposted about an hour ago. It's still there.

I don't know why, at this point, they don't just address it. Just acknowledge it and move on.

her husband's parents commented...saying their only concern is finding Erin and that is where the focus should remain, and nothing else matters

....no denial of it though

But then why is Erin's family allowing the link and comments to stay on FB if not true? Her sister-in-law runs the page, not anyone on Jon's side if the family.

That to me is quite telling. If not true they would have deleted the posts like they have so many others.

And whether it's true or not, Erin is still missing. She is a victim of something and needs to be found. I do hope she is safe. Maybe she got cold feet about telling her mom and took off?

MSM is reporting that LE is searching the park because that is all MSM knows. LE is searching other areas and are not telling MSM so that is why MSM is not reporting it.

Maybe this was a tactic by LE to let this slip out. In doing so, the alleged bf's wife may put 2 and 2 together and contact LE with her husband's whereabouts, or lack of, the day Erin went missing. From the article it appears the alleged bf has been questioned, now whether his wife knows, that I don't know.

That's good to know, because I haven't seen any reports of it from MSM or people in the area. Farther east would make MUCH more sense to me because there is just so many miles of nothing but open space. But I certainly don't know how criminals think!!

MSM is reporting that LE is searching the park because that is all MSM knows. LE is searching other areas and are not telling MSM so that is why MSM is not reporting it.

Can someone explain how this alleged "secret searching" helps find a missing person, if it's happening? Or, give an example for one scenario?

Can someone explain how this alleged "secret searching" helps find a missing person, if it's happening? Or, give an example for one scenario?

I would think that if you wanted to catch a criminal by confession you would need to know details the public does not know... So when they confess they can add details only they would know and the LE, so maybe that is why? No idea for real, just a scenario.

I see two sides ...

They may be searching area's his phone pinged during the relevant time period. If they find Erin's body, they don't need the public's help.

On the other hand, if they came forward with a vehicle description in a specific time frame, and asked the public to report any sightings. That might make or break the case.

I would think that if you wanted to catch a criminal by confession you would need to know details the public does not know... So when they confess they can add details only they would know and the LE, so maybe that is why? No idea for real, just a scenario.

Thanks. I think that's true for crime scene details, like what was found inside the car; or something like the cause of death. Those things can be kept quiet to a degree. I mean, why would they try to play games (of sorts) with the search effort, especially since that can hardly be knowledge limited among a small number of people. They are tricking the media for some reason?

Could this photo have been taken previous to him going overseas?
Maybe they were thinking about the future of not being able to spend time together?
That'll make a happy couple sad!
IMOO.

Treelights, this post isn't directed at you or anybody for that matter.
It seems the topic of showing no teeth in pictures has taken on a life of its own. I pointed out that Erin never showed her teeth in pictures (not never, because someone found a pic of Erin where she's smiling teeth and all!). Anyway, my point was to point out if she had a reason not to show her teeth, if she wasn't happy with her smile or something, it would be a distraction for her whenever she had her picture taken. Simple as that.
I'm terrible at conjuring up a fake smile myself - I look like I'm half smiling (partial teeth - lol!) in half of the pictures ever taken of me.
I learned this tip while trying to get teenagers to smile, right before you snap the shot, say "sex". Broad smiles equal good pictures.

I'm wondering if Erin met him at the area her car was found, then got in his vehicle and left? Didn't LE ask the water guy to come back in his truck so they could compare tracks?

Maybe LE has already matched tracks at the car discovery site, to the POI's POV? Now they are out looking at areas his phone pinged in, or he is known to frequent, looking for those same tracks.

Whole lotta maybe's ...

There have been cases in the past where searches were made public, and they happen to be where the body was. The perps went back there and moved the body.

I see two sides ...

They may be searching area's his phone pinged during the relevant time period. If they find Erin's body, they don't need the public's help.

On the other hand, if they came forward with a vehicle description in a specific time frame, and asked the public to report any sightings. That might make or break the case.

Thanks. I was asking why fool the media and public at large about things like ping locations, if the first priority is finding the person alive? You are saying they want sole credit for finding her, and maybe they AREN'T trying to find her alive? If they find her in the desert without the person who placed her telling them the location, they are very fortunate at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder