GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sounds sexist, but I associate the type of car mentioned with a female (which I am). As in, perhaps the car seen is predominantly driven by someone's wife. It would be quite interesting if the red car has AK plates as well. I believe a search warrant has likely been served for the red car and sealed.
Well, there's a reason it costs more to insure a red car. Because they are involved in more accidents. Because people who own them are more reckless.

When I think of the red car, I think of the type of personalities that are "usually" attracted to the color red. Usually type A personalities, flashy, confident, definitely aren't introverts, like to be noticed when they enter a room, need a lot of attention, and strive to stand out from the rest. They like to stand out and be noticed. JMO. Here is a link on colors. http://www.thecaretrust.ie/colour-of-car-personality

Well, I really wanted Orange, but my car doesn't come in that color so I chose red. That explains it. Lol

A couple of other thoughts about the Military culture:

-If a commanding officer were somehow involved, officers beneath hum/her are expected to be obedient and obey whatever commands are set forth
-Don't know this for a fact, but I would expect that Marines are trained to handle interrogations (i.e., POW situations).

Not exactly. Only LAWFUL orders.

An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed, but obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders -- if the order was illegal.

This may sounds sexist, but I associate the type of car mentioned with a female (which I am). As in, perhaps the car seen is predominantly driven by someone's wife. It would be quite interesting if the red car has AK plates as well. I believe a search warrant has likely been served for the red car and sealed.
I agree. Wonder if someone's wife wanted to have a 'conversation'?

An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed, but obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it. Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders -- if the order was illegal.

With all due respect, that is a very naïve interpretation; speaking as an ex military wife. You do what you're told.... unless you have the rank to make a difference.

Again, JMO and experience.

moonbeams, do you know the housing section the Corwins live/d in? I'm asking because, the other day, I found a description of the housing areas (Lincoln Military Housing). Each housing section has a range of ranks assigned to it that apply to the person wanting (or assigned) to live there. Some list E-1 to E-5, whereas some list only E-4 to E-5 with another combination being E-1 to E-3.

Two housing sections that have been brought up in posts on WS are Condor Heights and Sunflower Terrace, both housing areas listed for the ranks of E-1 to E-3.
Iirc, the couple moved on base in October 2013. Jon returned from Okinawa in October and, on the same day, was promoted to E-4, Corporal. Every housing area besides those two incorporates E-4 and E-5's (indicating CH and ST are geared toward the most junior enlisted which would mean the marine's first and second years of service).

I'm questioning if the couple were assigned housing in one of those two areas despite that he was promoted to E-4 the month they moved in and they would live in that housing as E-4s the entire length of their assignment. It definitely could happen that way but seems weird to me unless housing is very scarce throughout the base.

Another puzzle is why the ages of the people who do or have lived on Jasmine Dr. (Street or Drive?) don't match the ages of the majority of junior enlisted people.
These issues are causing me to question if units D and F are in the same location where the couple was living.
Has that been an assumption or has their housing section been officially revealed?

It seems that while Condor Heights is inside a gated area and is listed as being on base, it really isn't on base base (if that makes sense). It appears the commissary, schools and working buildings are north of CH and one must go through another gate to get to the places that are located "on base".

Yet another housing area, Vista Del Sol, is described as being a fully gated community off base that consists of three separate communities.

If they live on Jasmine, then they live in Condor Terrace, those are the apartments. I can't remember when Jon got promoted vs when Erin moved to 29. If he was a LCpl when he signed up for housing or if Erin did the move without Jon using POA, then that's where they'd put him and you don't move just because you get promoted (although I'm sure there are cases where it has happened, it's few and far between and usually involves adding family members mores than adding rank.)

The commissary, Housing Office and all housing areas and buildings on that end of base, on base. And you do need to go through the gate (with MP checking ID) to get to them. If you enter or leave while the Condor Gate is closed then you drive to the Main Gate that is open and manned 24 hours.

801 housing is "out in town". However they have added unmanned gates.

The school property is not Base property but is butted up to the base. The school busses do go through the gate to get to the school. I don't know all the logistics of it nor do I even know if only military kids attend? or town kids attend?

This discussion reminds me of one of my favorite movies "A Few Good Men". The scene where Tom Cruise is grilling the Colonel (Jack Nicholson) about ordering of an illegal "code red". Nicholson bellowing "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth"

You do what you're told.... unless you have the rank to make a difference.

Or want to be harassed until you're called crazy and they make your life a living nightmare.Speaking from experience. I'm a former soldier.

With all due respect, that is a very naïve interpretation; speaking as an ex military wife. You do what you're told.... unless you have the rank to make a difference.

So if Col Smith told Pvt Jones to go kill LCpl Smuckatelly, you're telling me that it's going to happen?

If it did, it is NOT A DEFENSE because it was NOT a lawful order.

So if Col Smith told Pvt Jones to go kill LCpl Smuckatelly, you're telling me that it's going to happen?

Either way you're screwed. Obey an illegal order, go to jail. Disobey an illegal order and go to a private prison inside your head for the rest of your life from PTSD. MY experience and opinion

Ah! As a newbie I am still trying to figure out how to reply to individuals, but maskedwoman brought up an important point re: following orders- should a young Marine follow orders given by his/her Commanding Officer, or those adhering to legal standards if they are indeed conflicting? Not sure, but I know the military involvement makes this case a lot more complicated.

I really do think given the -little- information that we have that JC was not involved. He's too young and too naïve to have misled LE for this long especially since they have survellience *sorry I can't figure out for the life of me how to spell this* footage

I think the perp was romantically involved with Erin and is a Marine, but there may have been more than one who allegedly had contacts with Erin, which is complicating the investigation. The training Marines receive re: responding to interrogations and obeying commanding officers can further complicate the issue.

It's difficult to say, if a crime were indeed committed, whether it was planned or not. If not planned and committed by someone on base, hiding video and other evidence would be really, really difficult. If the perp was smart and planned a few days in advance at least, maybe they could find some ways around.

I think LE is just waiting for a forensic discovery to arrest. Hopefully looking in the right places. As I said, they would not be looking in JT without a good reason, but other possibilities should be explored as well.

Who is talking about defense except you?

I keep coming back to a Heather Elvis type scenario for some reason. Just can't shake it.

Attention Please!

It is against our TOS to discuss other websleuthers on the open forum.
It is also against our TOS to discuss moderation in the open forum.

Please take a few minutes to review the linked information:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

I have removed a couple of posts, so if you don't see your post, you know why. If you have any questions, please let me know by pm.

:seeya:
fran

And, I read somewhere that they are most likely to be involved in accidents.

Maybe, maybe not. Considering a family member on the husband's side "leaked" that rumor, I'm going to go with it's here-say. Moo

ITA...how would they know unless Erin told them? Shes the only one who knows who is possibly the father or if one or more men could be responsible.

How do we do know who leaked to the press about affair, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop