GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall who it was, but I do remember one case like that. LE announced they had located and spoken with the person, they were not under duress, and their involvement was ending. Wish I could remember who that was.

Bahia Bisharat ?

The shaggy haircut photo cant be when he was in the Corps. I have never seen a Marine with a shaggy haircut.

I don't think he has his hair pushed up under the cap in the horse photos. I think he has his standard Marine haircut then.

IMO

I also noticed that his shoulders are not very wide even though he is a bit muscular. That is usually an indication the person is not very tall. IMO

The Horse Rescue FB page has a lot of other photos of CL without a hat on that show his short (dark) hair.

CL looks a lot different from the mental picture I have of the man Beasley saw. I got the idea he was slim, for one thing. Could it have been someone who said, "I'll take you to CL"?

It's to blurry. :( I zoomed in as much as I could and still cant see a single letter or number.
Here's the link with the picture of a red car with the apartments behind it: http://usmclife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Slide73.jpg
And there is another red car in this picture infront of the apartments too: http://usmclife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Slide93.jpg

I'm coming out of lurking so i'm very new at this! Sorry if I messed anything up!

Great job! Somehow I missed this yesterday! Surely they have shown this red car to MB to see if it was the same one he saw the woman (Erin?) get into. Another thing I thought of while trying to go to sleep last night, let's say it wasn't Erin that got out of her car and into the red car, but someone that was posing as her. Wouldn't she have had to wear gloves or something? Her fingerprints would have been all over the car, steering wheel, etc. MB surely would have noticed someone with gloves getting out of the car, especially in the desert in the heat of summer. I was keeping that option open. That someone did something to Erin and her car was being planted but now I don't think that is possible. Otherwise if there were fingerprints, I would think if the woman is known, she would be in custody by now. I guess she could say she was friends with Erin, Erin had loaned her the car once. Not sure that would fly.

Adding: Are those the same car? The first one looks older and is a 2 door. Didn't MB say it was a 4 door sedan? The second one looks newer and I can't see the doors clearly.

You may very well be right. But a person can hide for a long time with a couple thousand dollars in cash on their person and a meddling girlfriend helping to keep them hidden. Last I checked, cash transactions aren't that easily tracked. None of us have any way of knowing who she may know that could be aiding her. I agree it seems unlikely, but as messy as all of this is sounding, I could see her running off for awhile just to get away from the shame of it all.

I agree that a good chunk of cash can help you disappear for a while but where would she get the cash? She didn't have a job. Most very young married couple don't have a lot of savings but, let's assume they are very frugal and have a few thousand set aside. I think LE would have looked into that possibility as soon as the affair came up, if not before. A quick look at their personal accounts and JC would know immediately if any money was missing. If there were, I don't think we would have seen this massive search effort in the desert.

But, let's assume LE never thought of that. She left her car behind, so the only way to travel is to get a ride or call a cab. That sort of limits her movement. A hotel in the area would cost her at least $70 a night. Three weeks later, just the hotel would have cost her almost $1500. So, unless she's staying with a friend, or took off with a really noticeable wad of money, she should be out of cash.

We don't know if she has her ID or not. I don't think a decent hotel would let her check in without one. Also, I believe most decent hotels want a card even if you pay cash, in case you damage the room.

I suppose she could be hiding with a friend but, surely by now, any friend close enough to be willing to hid her for three weeks would also be on LE's radar and would be scared witless of hiding her at this point.

Please everyone feel free to shoot holes in my reasoning. :) I slept in this morning and have not yet had my full dose of caffeine LOL.

I can't establish good motive. If one assumes that Erin was harmed by someone she knew, then one might also assume that the person was angry with her. But whom? And why?

Note that police continue to say that Erin was three months pregnant. This has been disputed by family members.

The different dates of pregnancy MATTER in this case.

What family members have disputed that she was 3 months pregnant?

News8 got a picture of CL's Jeep plate from a license plate reader company. What's the purpose of driving around recording plate numbers in public parking lots?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26058825/...ine-wife-continues-new-warrant-details-emerge

A significant percentage of LE cruisers (as well as our RSVP units) are equipped with LPRs.

I hear, on average over two dozen stolen car LPR hits as a result every day. It's helped locate parolees at large and all sorts of things.

There was an interesting article recently about the number of times on average a day each car gets an LPR reading stored - I think it was somewhere around a dozen. I'm walking out the door, but I'll try to find it for you later if you're interested.

Ah ha!! Absolutely. The timing sure is odd!

Just speculating. . perhaps she wanted a commitment, he was hesitant, she threatened to spill the beans about the affair to his CO and he reacted.

Would that affect his upcoming discharge?

Mel

Just speculating. . perhaps she wanted a commitment, he was hesitant, she threatened to spill the beans about the affair to his CO and he reacted.

Mel

That's a motive.

Remember that CL is married with kids

Mel

Id feel much better if we knew if they had a warrant to search a red car. Well obviously id feel better to find out she is safe and sound. But the longer it takes, the less likely any positive or any resolution at all is possible. Its bothering me that they as far as we know, they have not figured out who's red car that was. If the witnesses are accurate, the red car and who that was is obviously the biggest key to solving this. From what we know, this Chris guy, nor his wife, had a red car. A lot of speculation on CL just because he was questioned and there were warrants on his property, but he very well could not be the guy that met up with her or the guy she may have had an affair with.

A significant percentage of LE cruisers (as well as our RSVP units) are equipped with LPRs.

I hear, on average over two dozen stolen car LPR hits as a result every day. It's helped locate parolees at large and all sorts of things.

There was an interesting article recently about the number of times on average a day each car gets an LPR reading stored - I think it was somewhere around a dozen. I'm walking out the door, but I'll try to find it for you later if you're interested.
We have an officer in our local pd who rides all day doing this. His fellow officers have a funny name for him, but it eludes me. He looks for expired plates and criminals. But I don't know if this Jeep was targeted or random, in Dec '13.

Maybe they don't know where the red car is; I'm guessing that would prevent them from being able to get a warrant. Maybe she and the red car are together somewhere, possibly with a another person. In this scenario, she gets in the red car, and she, the guy Beasley describes, and the red car are all missing.

Maybe the driver of the red car did not deny meeting Erin...but maybe he also gave contradictory stories as to what happened next. If he was told he was seen, he might have admitted that he had met up with after saying he hadn't, for example. LE may have told him they had a witness, even if at the time they did not.

If there was an affair, that is a major motive for a possible murder. Pregnancy only adds to that, but an affair is often enough. One party of the three or four people affected is a likely suspect, Imo.

JC being discharged equates to what? (Pure speculation here for the sake of conversation and interaction only.... what would the motive or reasoning behind the disappearance be? In other words what gain/goal would be had or achieved by her disappearance?

JC was not being discharged. The boyfriend was discharged on July 7th. His 6 years were up. It had been in the works for awhile. In what state was your PI license issued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams