GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the updates folks. I guess by all appearances the affair is a fact. So now I'm willing to discuss that aspect. I pray they find Erin. Question-is Dexter in Alaska? LOL

Where did you see that meemaw?

THere were 156 photos in the moble album, it says

Mobile Uploads
Updated about a month ago

It is now empty, not sure what that means. Just interesting to me..

I clicked on one of the albums n it said thAt, album is empty

She most likely has her privacy settings set to only show her "friends" the photos she chooses. The photos we can all see are set to "public".

Fetal Homicide Law in that State. It was just asked and answered. Jean is in for NG tonight. Depending how this investigation goes it could qualify for the DP.

I dont post often but thought I might be helpful. I lived in CA (dad was stationed at 29 palms) and now am in NC. In both states on court orders/documents it is not unusual for them to use the word "pray". Not sure why they do. They just use that verbage.

NC uses "prayer for judgement" in speeding or minor offenses. PFJ means please don't charge me, and I won't do it again. You can only have 1 in 3 years. But I know this is a different pray here!

How about Harry Callahan? Dirty Harry would chew CL up and spit him out.

This thread is really moving. Hopefully, we will get an arrest this week and Erin's remains can be returned back to her family soon.

Too bad he isn't still active duty. We would have had resolution by now....jus sayin.

New article: Nothing new really, just LE trying to backpedal for reasons I don't understand.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...win-missing-marine-wife-crime-scene/13006851/

Preserving details is important to LE so they can tell if someone is telling the truth or not. Now they may have lost a few details they could have worked with to help them identify evidence. The detective was interviewed (there's a link in the DesertSun article dated today's date) and explained the reasons. And, imo, LE remained calm and collected and did a good job answering the reporter's questions during a phone interview.

A second reason is because of Defense Lawyers. If LE doesn't follow the proper protocol, they can mess up a case where evidence gets argued over and ends up not being allowed into the trial.

For me, I'd like the investigation to go deeper though. Indeed, if EC had been communicating with her gf over a time period about her affair with CL, then the story has weight. If there is one text specifically on the day Erin went missing (or night before), then anyone could have sent the text. Plus wouldn't the text seem out of character and out of the blue if there aren't any other similar texts?
This is why, from what we've heard, an NCIS agent (is that what they're called?) has allegedly visited Erin's friend in TN. There, the agent will gather all the correspondence and, yes, maybe a whole history of the affair will be documented.

I'm suspicious, suspicious. My suspicion doesn't stop at level one. These reports are cursory. Some cases covered on TV have many starts and restarts. I've seen where they check DNA from five different guys at five different points along the timeline of an investigation. Each time LE was hopeful (and sometimes felt certain) they had their man only to have to begin again when the results came back. Of course, that's in cases where DNA is available.

Case files don't end up being big enough to fill several boxes without hundreds of reports being written up - some which end up being false leads or just necessary investigation that led to dead ends.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are suspicious about. Are you saying you don't believe Erin and CL were having an affair? I think it has been pretty substantiated by now that they were.

Erin's best friend would know all of this before the text or texts exchanges before Erin disappeared. It also seems the girlfriend knew beforehand about Erin's pregnancy and that CL could be the father. That tells me the best friend has known about Erin and CL's affair before the text message was sent that day. It seems the text she got did not seem out of the norm at the time and wasn't that important until she learned Erin did not come home. Of course once she knew she was missing it would become very important and that is why she forwarded the text to LE.

All of it just makes sense to me anyway. The way Nicole has talked to the ranch owner and the things she said to her that was in the affidavit sure shows involvement of both, imo.

And the description MB described fits Nicole to a Tee and not Erin. The tread tracks matches CL's Jeep.

I don't have any suspicions at all about anyone else's involvement. It all points to the Lees and that seems to be the direction LE heading. I am sure LE has a very valid reason for honing in on CL and hopefully NL as well because I think they both were involved as co-conspirators to murder Erin.

I think NL was the mastermind and CL (her puppet) was the doer at her direction.

I am sure after three weeks LE has gone much deeper into this case than we know. We probably don't know one tenth of what they have uncovered by now.

JMO

THere were 156 photos in the moble album, it says

Mobile Uploads
Updated about a month ago

It is now empty, not sure what that means. Just interesting to me..

Oh I see what you are saying. Just means they are private, only her friends can see them.

So many times, we think LE doesn't have anything and/or aren't doing their job because we aren't privy to information and have no idea what's going on with the investigation.

I know they are furious with the leak of the information SBSD has been working on in this case. Although they are ticked about it, I'm glad to see they have so much and how diligently they've been working this case. Rarely during an investigation are we privy to how much they've done so far and what details they have. Goes to show in general, just because we don't know anything doesn't mean nothing is getting done.

I saw the mom for a brief moment on JVM when she said something like "I think she was going to tell me (about the pregnancy) when I got here". I get the feeling Erin wasn't as close to mom as some originally thought. Maybe it's just me but it seemed off.
I wonder what she was going to tell mom. If she was hoping and even celebrating with CL, did she plan to confide in mom? I doubt I would be able to move from a chair if I was in that position. I have run the scenarios over in my head. Since I don't think CL planned to move off and have a new family with Erin, I can't imagine what Erin thought was in her future! If she was excited about this, I can't even imagine that! I would know I was going to be hurting people and I would have to tell my husband and family the truth. She is young, and maybe her thoughts were much different. She should be alive to figure that out and move on with her life.

Did u guys see the statement on NG written by the family

I couldn't read it it was too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads