GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still mulling over all we learned yesterday, including what that Detective had to say regarding the release of the probable cause statement. He was not happy, as I imagine anyone investigating a case would be. To have the case laid open that way in advance of resolution must be frustrating. He seemed to be particularly worried about co-conspirator's. After reading IM's recap of what Nichole said, I'm leaning towards her involvement.

In addition, I believe Beasley's account. How that red car plays into all this leads me to think there is a third person. Maybe not directly involved with whatever happened to Erin, maybe knowledge after the fact. Or maybe no knowledge at all, just gave a ride to someone. But now that the cat is out of the bag, they aren't talking.

In the beginning, when Chris was initially a suspect and we had no knowledge, I wondered how he was able to hold up under pressure. Why he wouldn't just confess. Now I see why he is remaining silent, Nichole said it all in her statement to IM. No body, no arrest. Just keep denying, we've seen that in many cases here at WS.

It's been said that NL told Jon about the affair back in April. How did she find out? Did she know or suspect it didn't end back then? Hope we eventually know the truth in all this.

If her body has been reduced to a skeletal state by now, is there any way to even prove she was pregnant for sure? Unless they found the pregnancy test (eew on that still being around this long after Father's Day), or maybe there are some elevated hormone levels only caused by pregnancy in her hair or something? I am totally guessing on how that might be done.

I'm not sure. Hopefully she is tucked somewhere deep inside a cool mine somewhere and LE will find her soon.

I believe MBs account too I just can't figure out how it fits in with what we now know.

There was no Hobbs Seal on this particular warrant, that means there is no legal justification to prevent the public from seeing the information contained within it. In fact, strange as it is, Hobbs Sealing was specifically NOT requested in this case. Interesting... :thinking:

I found it odd, too, that LE put out a Press Release letting everyone know there was another Search Warrant filed on a different day. Almost as though they were letting the press know to go and look for it? The audio we continue to hear regarding the "leaked information" isn't from the SBSD either, it's from San Diego.

Slept on it and yes, the ranch owner still gives me the heebs. I will not be surprised at all if she is involved. JMO.

Good morning all! Thanks for your patience as we waded through all the breaking news over the last few days.

Here are some additional parameters for this case and this case ONLY.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too. (Mods have been having to do a lot of work regarding this facebook, so this is a final warning.)

All TOS, rules and policies still apply.

Thanks,

Salem & the Mod Team

Thank you, Salem!

Good morning all! Thanks for your patience as we waded through all the breaking news over the last few days.

Here are some additional parameters for this case and this case ONLY.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too. (Mods have been having to do a lot of work regarding this facebook, so this is a final warning.)

All TOS, rules and policies still apply.

Thanks,

Salem & the Mod Team

I really hope they find her. What I can never understand is how people like CL who doesn't appear to be the brightest can successfully hide a body. Not just him but in other cases as well. It must be easier than it sounds. I mean I wouldn't have a clue and with all the searches going on.

There are hundreds of miles of so much open and desolate land out there. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. I get concerned that NL seemed to be so sure that LE would never find Erin. Makes me think, since LE seemed to contain their search area to JT and NL was so certain they wouldn't find her, that perhaps she isn't anywhere near JT.

WOW! Just caught up on this, quite a turnaround in the last 24 hours, I'm on the edge of my seat reading all of this.

It looks like a lot of the rumors have been clarified and laid out for all to see.

This is blowing my mind.

I suspect when (hopefully) they find Erin, they will find the missing gun and her cell phone alongside of her.

Thank you, Salem!

LOL - thanks goes to the mod team that has been keeping you all in line :)

Imamaze, Nursebeeme, Coldpizza and Fran (and any others I might have missed).

:yourock:

Salem

I'm concerned with the fact that CL and NL are believed to have returned to Alaska. Having lived in the Anchorage area for 3 years I know that it is entirely possible for them to disappear without a trace. There are so many small towns out in the wilderness they could start a new life in and no one would know they were even being looked at for a crime. If they allowed CL and NL to leave CA for AK and they did commit this heinous act, I doubt we will ever see justice for Erin. My sad take on this situation. Thankfully I have friends in the area in AK still so I will be spreading the word.

I would be extremely surprised if LE doesn't have a close eye on them, even in AK.

Just reiterating that we don't know that the Lee's don't own a red compact car. Or that someone they know might, and it may have been borrowed. Seems that at least two vehicles were borrowed or used during their move from the base to the bunkhouse at the horse rescue property. Maybe the little green Honda Civic mentioned in the search warrant was being driven by CL as stated by IM because their car(s) were taken by LE.

It certainly seems that MB saw NL walking away from ECs car to the red car which may or may not have been driven by CL. Another co-conspirator?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

It is what it is.

I understand when you mentioned hoping the baby was at least 3 mos. along for prosecution purposes, but on the other hand,
when does a fetus/baby feel pain? If she were less than 3 months, then psychologically, it is easier on the mind, perhaps, than say after 3 months?
Not that it is easier on the mind at all. I hope the baby did not suffer and I hope Erin did not suffer.
IMOO.

I've been reading some romance novels and an episode of Snapped:Killer Couples where they both snuck off to the barn/stable to get jiggy.

The idea of having trysts in barns must be where the saying "a roll in the hay" comes from.

(the "jiggy" part I thought was for the dance floor - lol!) :razz:

Just reiterating that we don't know that the Lee's don't own a red compact car. Or that someone they know might, and it may have been borrowed. Seems that at least two vehicles were borrowed or used during their move from the base to the bunkhouse at the horse rescue property. Maybe the little green Honda Civic mentioned in the search warrant was being driven by CL as stated by IM because their car(s) were taken by LE.

It certainly seems that MB saw NL walking away from ECs car to the red car which may or may not have been driven by CL. Another co-conspirator?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

While I agree with your premise, it is becoming increasingly difficult to believe that a red sedan - or another car of any kind or color - was on scene that day. LE seems pretty confident that the Jeep was the only other vehicle there (re: "one set of tracks, tentatively matched/consistent with the Jeep").

[modsnip] Another random thought....maybe CL was "ordered" by NL to take care of this, and, in a last ditch effort to not have to go through with it, he asked the neighbors to go hunting, too. Lastly, NL's statement that the body wouldn't be found makes me think they may have run her through a chipper shredder on the ranch. I believe he shot her in the back like a coward. I can't believe these animals were allowed to go to Alaska!

Slept on it and yes, the ranch owner still gives me the heebs. I will not be surprised at all if she is involved. JMO.

Playing catch up here (150 posts behind) but saw this post and made me think, I'm certain with the FBI and NCIS on board the case, the origin and timing of the text messages and claims being made by everyone will be authenticated. Because anybody can send text messages if the phone is available to them.

Lastly, NL's statement that the body wouldn't be found makes me think they may have run her through a chipper shredder on the ranch. I believe he shot her in the back like a coward. I can't believe these animals were allowed to go to Alaska!

Fargo'd. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. NL seems pretty unstable, like she'd perhaps enjoy something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107