GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Donkey story was posted in May 2014.....had nothing to do with this time frame.....no one cared enough to post even a SMALL blurb about a missing volunteer/worker from their ranch a month later as they did for a ceramic donkey..........

Because Erin's case is an active investigation of which the horse ranch is now involved - like it or not.
We wondered why no one from the ranch posted about Erin earlier. Now we know why. It doesn't mean the owner is guilty. Maybe she didn't/doesn't know what to think and is having to digest the nightmare as she accepts what allegedly her volunteers have done. I mean, the Lee couple was around for several years and helped out at the ranch. It would take a minute to wrap one's brain around a scenario/crime committed like this one by people you know.

I think the complainant is usually LE, requesting search warrants from judge. That is why I think it must be a misprint...can't imagine using "prays" on a government document.

I dont post often but thought I might be helpful. I lived in CA (dad was stationed at 29 palms) and now am in NC. In both states on court orders/documents it is not unusual for them to use the word "pray". Not sure why they do. They just use that verbage.

I am sorry for the misleading breaking news in that case, he confused me totally

Because Erin's case is an active investigation of which the horse ranch is now involved - like it or not.
We wondered why no one from the ranch posted about Erin earlier. Now we know why. It doesn't mean the owner is guilty. Maybe she didn't/doesn't know what to think and is having to digest the nightmare as she accepts what allegedly her volunteers have done. I mean, the Lee couple was around for several years and helped out at the ranch. It would take a minute to wrap one's brain around a scenario/crime committed like this one by people you know.

Maybe her computer was broken. Maybe LE asked her not to use it until they could search it. Maybe she decided NOT to use her computer in case LE needed to search it. Maybe she just couldn't find the words. Maybe, with CL living there, she didn't feel safe making a public statement. If CL was creepy and now someone was missing who knew CL, I might be tiptoeing around the issue as well. Especially if I thought EC wasn't going to be found alive and therefore it wouldn't help save her but might endanger me.

Hello, lurker stepping into the light here :) I have lurked here periodically when I'm particularly drawn to a case, as I am with this one. I also followed the case of Willow Long really closely because I am from her area, and I have to hand it to WS -- my coworkers came here and read a lot of the posts, and oftentimes, you guys were way ahead of our local media! :clap:

So anyway, back to EC. I cannot find any articles stating that CL has been arrested in AK, has anyone found anything on that? Also, I'm uneasy about the amount of info IM had, yet the timeline seems to indicate that she didn't exactly run to the police with it, but rather waited for them to ask her? Could be wrong on this…MOO.

I think it was a misleading headline.....but welcome!

:welcome4::welcome6:

Hello, lurker stepping into the light here :) I have lurked here periodically when I'm particularly drawn to a case, as I am with this one. I also followed the case of Willow Long really closely because I am from her area, and I have to hand it to WS -- my coworkers came here and read a lot of the posts, and oftentimes, you guys were way ahead of our local media! :clap:

So anyway, back to EC. I cannot find any articles stating that CL has been arrested in AK, has anyone found anything on that? Also, I'm uneasy about the amount of info IM had, yet the timeline seems to indicate that she didn't exactly run to the police with it, but rather waited for them to ask her? Could be wrong on this…MOO.

:welcome:
Yay, post #1! :)

I am sorry for the misleading breaking news in that case, he confused me totally

No worries. Tack it on to the long list of completely confusing news reports and rumors in this case. I'm half surprised we know anything for certain.

So now it appears the FB page has the same restrictions as WS: only information on people published in MSM or LE.

I don't post often but being from that area (born in Palm Springs area & step dad was stationed at 29 palms when my mom met him) I have been following this case. I had a couple of thoughts reading this, just on my own experiences with a step dad who was stationed there and different outings he would take me, or me and my mom on.

My mom and him used to go shooting. As you can imagine it is something many military families enjoy doing. They would go into the ghost towns located all around that area and shoot because they could and not get into any real trouble. Plus there was the history of the area that just added to the fun they had. My mom used to talk about the ghost towns having very random visitors. It was very uncommon to go to any of those ghost towns and actually run into anyone (for days- they camped there too). These places were passed around word of mouth on the base. I am wondering if perhaps since she told a friend they were going "hunting" a couple hours away maybe it was one of these places? On top of it if they were having an affair and not wanting to make that public it would also give them the room to walk around openly. I think maybe someone should look into some of those places?

I would also like to add that my dad was actually an officer. I heard many stories from him about how naive and young many of his men were. I heard stories of infidelity often. As one might expect most of these young men would bring their highschool sweet hearts with them only to have it not work out. You have to remember instead of college, many of these couples join and move cross country and do not really consider the consequence. They give up A LOT like family and friend support. Like mom and dad being able to give them reasonable advice. The fact Erin was talking to her best friend in TN about her affair tells me she was unhappy with her life and had no one else to talk to she trusted enough to confide this information to. Sad if you think about it. That fact to me says a lot and I think that info is coming from that friend to unveil the truth about what she was going through in life, what she thought, felt etc.

I dont post often but thought I might be helpful. I lived in CA (dad was stationed at 29 palms) and now am in NC. In both states on court orders/documents it is not unusual for them to use the word "pray". Not sure why they do. They just use that verbage.

You know what's funny? That word in the document did not even stand out to me. I had to go back and reread it when people started questioning the verbiage of "pray."

You know what's funny? That word in the document did not even stand out to me. I had to go back and reread it when people started questioning the verbiage of "pray."

It didn't seem odd to me my lawyer used it in my custody hearing. All I can figure is it is something that has been used for years and no one has really changed how they word legal documents.

NL turned 23 in April.

Hope that if she has a role in what happened to Erin she will be locked up before her next birthday.

OT it is sad how terrifying how little value is placed on life these days, when things get difficult for some people. Worse, these killers often have kids of their own. Does no one ever stop to think how they would feel, if down the road someone "gets rid of a problem" by murdering their child?

Are we certain that Chris has went back to Alaska? How do we know this?

Hope that if she has a role in what happened to Erin she will be locked up before her next birthday.

OT it is sad how terrifying how little value is placed on life these days, when things get difficult for some people. Worse, these killers often have kids of their own. Does no one ever stop to think how they would feel, if down the road someone "gets rid of a problem" by murdering their child?

That's what is sad. Is they make a bunch of bad decisions and don't think about the consequences. Then when it catches up to them, for them to fix it, someone has to die. Ridiculous.

Are we certain that Chris has went back to Alaska? How do we know this?

According to IM (horse ranch owner), he left "last Wednesday" which would be the 16th. He was staying at the ranch up until then.

Case Timeline

June 30:
Erin Corwin's car, a 2013 blue Toyota Corolla, is found outside a rear entrance – called the "Condor Gate" – at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center at Twentynine Palms, where the Corwins lived. A single set of footprints leads away from Corwin's car and to another set of vehicle tire tracks. The tracks are "consistent" with the tracks of Christopher Brandon Lee's Jeep.

July 1: Four search warrants are issued authorizing police to search twoapartments in Twentynine Palms, the Corwins' and an apartment occupied by Christopher Brandon Lee and his wife Nichole, and two cars: Corwin's Toyota and a dark-colored Jeep with Alaska license plates belonging to Christopher Lee. They find 10 .40-caliber fired cartridge casings in the Jeep.

Detectives talk to Christopher Lee and his wife, Nichole. Christopher Lee said he didn't see Erin Corwin on June 28 or June 29, despite reports from a close friend of Erin's that Lee had told her he was taking her "somewhere special" to hunt and celebrate Corwin's pregnancy.

July 3: Christopher Lee and his wife and young daughter move in with Isabel Megli, owner and operator of the White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley. She says the family is preparing to move to Alaska as soon as Lee is discharged from the Marine Corps.

July 4: Police execute another search warrant, this time at Megli's home in Yucca Valley and two vehicles believed have been in Lee's possession: a white Ford truck and a green Honda Civic. Police find a potato launcher belonging to Lee and book him on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device."

July 6: Christopher Lee released on bail.

July 7: Christopher Lee receives an honorable discharge from the Marines.

July 15: Erin Corwin's 20th birthday.

July 16: The Desert Sun obtains and publishes the search warrants for the two apartments on the base and the two vehicles.

July 21: Police issue press release on arrest of Christopher Lee on suspicion of possessing a "destructive device." Included in the documents obtained by the Desert Sun along with a search warrant related to the "destructive device" charge is a "Statement of Probable Cause" that suggests Corwin was having an affair with Lee and that Lee and his wife may have hidden something from police.

July 22: A police press release suggests that new information has led them to new sites where they are now actively searching for a "crime scene" and evidence of "foul play."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...corwin-missing-marine-wife-timeline/13008419/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932