GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be hard to find someone who has not, in the past, done something they swore they would not do...or did something even though they knew better. Very hard. Teenagers, adults, older people....yeah.

Boy that's the truth! It makes me shudder to think back to some of the things I did or said when I was 19, and even in my early 20's..... And I am GRATEFUL there was no facebook, iphones - cameras and all the technology that there is today. phewwww

Customers can download tracking software for any kind of smartphone or mobile device online.
IT Consultant Jimmi Ward said the technology works best on newer model iPhone and Android phones.
“If it can't ping your phone via GPS it'll ping it through a cell tower even if the phone is turned off,” he said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime...ers-download-tracking-so/nfkFG/?__federated=1

It seems that a phone can be pinged in some situations even if turned off. Perhaps that is why some criminals remove the battery and/or SIM card if they are trying to be untraceable.

Thank you! I guess I wasnt dreaming this up afterall! : )

Boy that's the truth! It makes me shudder to think back to some of the things I did or said when I was 19, and even in my early 20's..... And I am GRATEFUL there was no facebook, iphones - cameras and all the technology that there is today. phewwww

Heck, there's a couple of things I did last month that would fall into this category. Careless, stupid -- and no harm done. I guess that's true for 99% of stupid mistakes, though. Even really stupid people can go through many years of stupid decisions and avoid the consequences. Other times, one little slip becomes fatal.

Unless her husband's a suspect, A BIG NO NO, I don't think so. Remember he watched her drive off at 7 am. The Lees apartment was right next door...

I was simply trying to understand what another poster's theory was. I know the Lee's lived next door. I also know that just because JC says he saw her leave doesn't make it a fact. Do I think JC is involved, NO.

Here's another Monday with Erin still missing. I hope LE has learned some things since last Monday. But, they haven't learned enough, if they are still searching today. I wish a friend of the Lees would step up with more info on where his favorite spots would be. I always think people like the familiar and wouldn't go to a random place due to not knowing what/who may be there. They never know about people hiking, looking for cans and bottles, dumping debris, etc.

Interesting thought. I wonder how far back LE can trace CL's phone pings to see where he frequently "hunted"? I agree, it would've been a place he knew better than any old random place.

Praying Erin is found soon and justice is served.

Thank you! I guess I wasnt dreaming this up afterall! : )

YW. I think the IT Consultant is saying that it can be pinged when off if there is tracking software on it. We have no idea what is on her phone or what type of phone she has but it gives hope.

"Erin has been missing for 1 month today. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. The investigators have not shared any new information about the search but are continuing to physically search for Erin in addition to following up on leads and interviews. Thank you all for the support in the search for Erin!"

From the Locate Erin FB site. Posted an hour ago. Nothing really new and no comments of interest underneath.

Awesome to see you again Dmacky!!!! I see you thanked a post :happydance:

Sorry, this is just another one of those things that really really irks me. Saying it this way implies that you care more than the least that you could care. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to get across, no? The real expression is "I couldn't care less", even if you technically could care less, it's hyperbolic license. Saying "I could care less" is actually number three in the twelve step program for obsessives. And the irony is that I know some couldn't care less about this and that I should care less about it so that's all I'm gonna say.
You have to see Wierd Al Yankovic's new video "Word Crimes"! It's up on YouTube. It's set to the music of "Blurred Lines", only it's much better, LOL! You'll appreciate it. I'll see if I can link it, BRB.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

You have to see Wierd Al Yankovic's new video "Word Crimes"! It's up on YouTube. It's set to the music of "Blurred Lines", only it's much better, LOL! You'll appreciate it. I'll see if I can link it, BRB.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

What we really need is a question mark with a comma at the bottom instead of a period, right?, because then you can ask your hypothetical thought-questions mid sentence. Call it a Quomma. Ooh ooh, then the other will be a Queriod, and then no one will have to say question mark ever again. ('Cause it's like 4 syllables long. Enough already.)

Customers can download tracking software for any kind of smartphone or mobile device online.
IT Consultant Jimmi Ward said the technology works best on newer model iPhone and Android phones.
“If it can't ping your phone via GPS it'll ping it through a cell tower even if the phone is turned off,” he said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime...ers-download-tracking-so/nfkFG/?__federated=1

It seems that a phone can be pinged in some situations even if turned off. Perhaps that is why some criminals remove the battery and/or SIM card if they are trying to be untraceable.

I am wondering what those situations might be? I will speak to a co-worker whom this is his area of expertise and get further clarity and share in the near future.

What we really need is a question mark with a comma at the bottom instead of a period, right?, because then you can ask your hypothetical thought-questions mid sentence. Call it a Quomma. Ooh ooh, then the other will be a Queriod, and then no one will have to say question mark ever again. ('Cause it's like 4 syllables long. Enough already.)

It's brilliant! As his he.

Sorry, I had to chuckle at the fact that you had to edit due to "grammar" :shame:

What if they weren't actually going hunting that day? Someone mentioned that Erin loves animals, why would she go hunting. Maybe they were using a little poetic license themselves. What's-his-name loves paintball. It's like his favorite thing next to gettin' drunk and gettin' the tar beat out of him when he tries to roll hobos on the edge of town. The nearest paintball park is ASG in Colton, California. Just southeast of the city of San Bernardino. With pitstops, and switching the cars, it's about a two hour drive from Erin's. Maybe that's what they meant by "hunting". Could it be that someone surprised them coming home from paintball, with a loaded rifle?....

I am wondering what those situations might be? I will speak to a co-worker whom this is his area of expertise and get further clarity and share in the near future.

LadyLems, the last two sentences were my thoughts. Everything above the link was from the article. What I got from the link was that a phone needs to have certain tracking software already installed on it in order to be pinged while off. I did also find some article talking about the NSA being able to ping turned off phones but that doesn't really apply here. Another article or tech blog I found, had statements from different cellular carriers in response to whether a phone could be pinged while off. Most reps replied in the negative or were unclear in their response. I'm not sure if I can link to those sites on here so that is why I only linked the one as it was from a MSM. I can try to find more allowed links.

What if they weren't actually going hunting that day? Someone mentioned that Erin loves animals, why would she go hunting. Maybe they were using a little poetic license themselves. What's-his-name loves paintball. It's like his favorite thing next to gettin' drunk and gettin' the tar beat out of him when he tries to roll hobos on the edge of town. The nearest paintball park is ASG in Colton, California. Just southeast of the city of San Bernardino. With pitstops, and switching the cars, it's about a two hour drive from Erin's. Maybe that's what they meant by "hunting". Could it be that someone surprised them coming home from paintball, with a loaded rifle?....

I know many animal lovers, including my husband, who also hunt. Now, we aren't members of the ASPCA, but I have most of our dogs have been rescued off the street, as have our cats. But my husband still hunts. I have never hunted myself, but have taken shots at coyotes who were too near my home and animals. I really don't see any conflict there at all.

IMO, I doubt a pregnant girl would be willing to go paint balling. Those things can do some damage.

Please do not take this the wrong way for it is certainly meant with the best of intentions. LE or any other law enforcement agency be it Federal, County, State, Local, Mayberry or whatever agency involved in this case are not required .....worth repeating are not required to provide any information whatsoever to the public on the evidence they may or may not have at this time. I am sure when such a time arises that they are in a position to release accurate information about their discoveries about the case they will. Until such time patience is needed. Easier said then done I know.

Thanks for the clarification...???? I think everyone is aware of that. My point was we could either nick or further speculate a lot of the theories and unknowns if we knew for certain who left the base, in what vehicles and what times. Obviously the only way to know that is with surveillance and obviously LE isn't going to release that to us.

Is it possible the JT was just a "cover story" by CL to get EC to drop her guard........EC used that as a reason to leave the base, not knowing it was a ruse. CL may have said "Let's get together and discuss our options, paternity testing, divorce, raising the child as your husband's..." etc. CL continued that JT ruse with his wife....."Going hunting in JT..."
If the intention HAD been to spend the day at JT, why would she have left her vehicle there so close to the base where it could have been spotted if she planned to be away for the entire day? The idea of a pregnant woman out in JT (who is not used to the temps) looking for trails or photo possibilities seems totally ridiculous to me.
The intended place where CL was taking EC quite likely might have been anywhere BUT JT. When EC and CL met, he may have asked her to turn her cell off so they'd have uninterrupted privacy, for what she may have thought was going to be no more than a few hours at most. She wouldn't have turned it off very long because the whole point was not to raise suspicion............and it looks like these 2 were pretty good at covering their illicit activities from both spouses.
Could CL's wife busted him and was actually the mastermind of EC's disappearance? "Hell hath no fury..." we've seen it before.

Another question here.........Most horse rescues have access to veterinarian supplies/meds/injectables on site. It cuts down on their overhead and usually there's a vet who will give them a supply of prescription pain killers, sedatives, even euthanasia, etc., to have on hand, without actually seeing any horse that is in need of them. There'd be a record of what was given to the rescue, how many units, etc., and the rescue should have a "paper trail" (digital or whatever) as to who (animal) these medications where dispensed to and a physical inventory of what's at hand. If this IS a non-profit, they'd have to keep really good records.

If you've ever seen a horse sedated for castration.......that same stuff would knock out, if not kill a person. As far as euthanasia..........if one of the horses was mortally wounded, the rescue would want to dispatch it ASAP, not wait what could be hours for a vet to get on site, and shooting isn't an option for most rescues, though extremely quick and painless, it just doesn't sit right with most people who release their horses to the rescue, or those that financially support the rescue. So..........it would be quite common to have those available.

Has anyone heard or seen any attempt by LE to inventory the pharmaceuticals at the horse rescue?

*Read all through the threads, I like posting late in the game after sifted through everything!*:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro