GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does one get a blue latex glove? I have no idea where you would find one of those. It's certainly not rubber, it says latex. Why go through all the trouble of finding blue latex. Why one glove only? Isn't that really strange?

Medical/dental office/hospital carry blue latex ones.

I agree with everything in your post. The problem I see now though is that LE has sort of shot themselves in the foot by declaring publicly and repeatedly that they themselves aren't sure if she just ran off on her own or not.

Any defense attorney is going to use those very words against them in a trial, unless her body is found.

If they can't find her, then everybody bring a sack lunch and prepare for a long, long wait on this case. They won't make an arrest in this case until she is found.
BBM. Don't be so sure, they arrested Antolin Garcia without Sierra LaMar's body.

I keep thinking maybe IM is just really bad under pressure and interviewing, and can't seem to keep her thoughts straight. I keep thinking how it would be if someone were to put a spotlight on my grandmother about a missing person's case (granted she's significantly older than IM). Yikes! Talk about self-incriminating the innocent!

Then I am reminded that this couple was moving their items to HER ranch to stay there for a while, and this couple was using HER car to transport things. She clearly has a much closer relationship with them than she is wanting us to believe. Which would make sense that she would know more than she is wanting us to believe as well.

My personal experience with horse rescues is that MANY, (I'm not saying ALL) are run by really sketchy people to begin with, more so since the 3 main slaughter houses in this country were shut down for horse processing because they lost the Fed. inspectors around 2004. Then you had the market flooded with premarin mares from farms that no longer received pharmaceutical funding. Track and corporate owned horses that are from over breeding or are no longer "viable" and are only "donated" for the tax write off because the owners can't get a price per pound on their investment, have also flooded rescues beyond capacity.
Literally, you have to be horse knowledgeable to know what you're getting from a lot of those places because they will not even know the horses apprx. age, something easily done by looking at a horses teeth. Conformation issues, abuse, neglect, chronic issues like founder.......every contract I've ever seen states you're adopting that horse "as is", "no guarantee of soundness is implied".
In the last 10 years, many of the thousands of new "horse rescues" are just a new name for "horse traders". Give them non-profit status and some slick accounting skills, and you just have another scammer profiting off the heart strings of a sponsor or adopter that wants to save an animal.
Note, I did not say ALL horse rescues, but if there's money to be made, there's always going to be people that are going to work the financial angle to their advantage.

I know, I know....here I go again worrying about that red car thingy.
Am I the only one that noticed the RED car in the picture of NL & CL? And is it a Jeep? Of course, it could belong to anybody. I was just wondering because I found it odd the way IM just said, "no red".

If this link doesn't work
http://kfmb.images.worldnow.com/images/4332994_G.jpg

The picture is located in this article: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

I am a couple pages behind, but I had not seen this answered so i thought I would.

They are sitting in the back tailgate section of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the red behind them is a Pickup truck if you look at he top where the window is you will just notice the angle change indicating the front of the bed.

MOO

Anyone on here remember the Allana Gallagher case? When LE got search warrants on her parents home and they were released OMG how the speculating started, especially when it was found out their life style, thankfully the mods were on top of it with the speculating. Those parents were completely innocent.
LE has no other choice, especially in this case but to act quickly in the very beginning, they have no idea what could have happened but they want to make sure they are on top of things. Naturally when they heard of the alleged affair they were going to get search warrants when they did. Did they find anything that they think could tie CL to Erin being missing? We have no clue.
There is a possibility that someone is going to crack in this case and when they do there are going to be a few who are going to be eating crow. There is also a possibility that I could be eating. But as far as what I see going on here I still don't think that CL or his wife are involved.

Interesting Jo. Care to share your thoughts on that?

On another note: I know it's been mentioned several times, but the stretch from Twentynine Palms to Las Vegas is absolutely desolate. You can drive for over an hour and not see a living sole. My husband says it feels like driving on Mars (hehe). You wouldn't even have to work hard to hide a body and there's a strong possibility it would never be found. Does anyone know if they've searched out that way? Or only focusing on JT?

One more thing about IM, why did she even mention what was said by NL if she thought it had nothing to do with Erin? LE would not have asked her if NL had ever watched crime shows, and if she talked about them. She says the Lees are not communicating because they're trying to get their lives back together. If I had such a GOOD friend, I would let that person know that I arrived home safely. I would ask about things at the ranch. I don't see that I would never speak to that person again. It all seems so odd.

My personal experience with horse rescues is that MANY, (I'm not saying ALL) are run by really sketchy people to begin with, more so since the 3 main slaughter houses in this country were shut down for horse processing because they lost the Fed. inspectors around 2004. Then you had the market flooded with premarin mares from farms that no longer received pharmaceutical funding. Track and corporate owned horses that are from over breeding or are no longer "viable" and are only "donated" for the tax write off because the owners can't get a price per pound on their investment, have also flooded rescues beyond capacity.
Literally, you have to be horse knowledgeable to know what you're getting from a lot of those places because they will not even know the horses apprx. age, something easily done by looking at a horses teeth. Conformation issues, abuse, neglect, chronic issues like founder.......every contract I've ever seen states you're adopting that horse "as is", "no guarantee of soundness is implied".
In the last 10 years, many of the thousands of new "horse rescues" are just a new name for "horse traders". Give them non-profit status and some slick accounting skills, and you just have another scammer profiting off the heart strings of a sponsor or adopter that wants to save an animal.
Note, I did not say ALL horse rescues, but if there's money to be made, there's always going to be people that are going to work the financial angle to their advantage.

Thank you, Bernina! I tried to point this out a while ago, even directed everyone to Google faux or pseudo-rescues (trader masquerade!)- but was met with only a chorus of IM is a saint! She is helping the purrrrdy ponies!

In my mind, a "good" rescue, only takes on those horses which are "viable" and a good rescue never begs for donations...

Possibly...would it be possible to burn a body and not be seen?

I believe California was still under a "no burn", "red flag" restriction for fires when EC disappeared. It was brought up on another thread about the fireman, Mike Herdman, who disappeared while hiking over a month ago (June 15th) in Southern Ca.
Rock climbers are still abundant during the early mornings in the summer in JT, many camp out in the area for a few days. They'd definitely report any smoke or fires.

People Magazine gave The Desert Sun an advance copy of the story, a six-page spread featuring numerous photos, including shots of the Corwins, Lee, the Twentynine Palms area and White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley, where Erin volunteered and cared for her horse, Cassy.

The story, written by Elaine Aradillas, provides additional details surrounding the disappearance of Corwin.

When the Corwins moved to base last fall, they became “chummy” with Christopher Lee and his wife Nichole, who lived next door with their daughter *******.

The couple shared a loved of dogs and horses and often spent time together at the horse rescue ranch.

“Erin and Nichole had dogs, and they went to the dog park together,” horse rescue owner Isabel Megli told People Magazine. “Jon and Christopher were friends, too. They came out here and took the dune buggy out.”

But by February, Megli says she’d noticed the couples’ friendship had cooled. “I would say to Nichole, ‘Where’s Erin?’ and Nichole would say, ‘I don’t know,’” she says. “She never said a word.”

Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.”

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

I've been trying to find a delicate way to say this. As a horse professional, I'm automatically skeptical of anyone who runs a "rescue". Horse traders have gone nonprofit as stated above, but there's also a lot of people in it for the attention/stroking they get from other people. Nowadays photos from rescues on FB get thousands of likes and shares from well meaning members of the public. Many people who run rescues are in it for themselves and have little interest in the horses they rescue. Many others are basically horse hoarders who use donations to pay their horse care but rarely if ever actually adopt out a horse. Not saying this is what is going on, but JMO.

Thank you, Bernina! I tried to point this out a while ago, even directed everyone to Google faux or pseudo-rescues (trader masquerade!)- but was met with only a chorus of IM is a saint! She is helping the purrrrdy ponies!

In my mind, a "good" rescue, only takes on those horses which are "viable" and a good rescue never begs for donations...

"Like minds", Hawkhd, sounds like you've been there, done that, too! Forgot to throw in the "recession"......people just dumping their horses ANYWHERE, because they could no longer afford them or lost their homes.:gaah:

Christopher Lee, who was set to be honorably discharged from the Marine Corps after serving six years, was in the process of moving his family into a bunkhouse at Megli’s ranch when San Bernardino County Sheriff’s officials executed a search warrant at Megli’s property.

Megli describes the scene that took place the day of the search to People Magazine:

“All of a sudden four cars pull up on the street. SWAT guys came out of everywhere,” Megli recalls. “They wanted to search the property. As they searched, the Lees pulled up in a U-Haul. It must have been devastating for Nichole. All the police were there waiting,” says Megli. “It was awful.”

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

The story of missing Marine wife Erin Corwin made the cover of this week’s People Magazine, set to hit newsstands Friday.

Is the Desert Sun scooping the People story, lol? Jeeze ...

I've been trying to find a delicate way to say this. As a horse professional, I'm automatically skeptical of anyone who runs a "rescue". Horse traders have gone nonprofit as stated above, but there's also a lot of people in it for the attention/stroking they get from other people. Nowadays photos from rescues on FB get thousands of likes and shares from well meaning members of the public. Many people who run rescues are in it for themselves and have little interest in the horses they rescue. Many others are basically horse hoarders who use donations to pay their horse care but rarely if ever actually adopt out a horse. Not saying this is what is going on, but JMO.

Agreed..........and with "volunteers" doing all the work..........:banghead:
We have "professionals" (Dr.s, lawyers, etc.) from Phoenix, who buy run down horse set ups up here, pick up a few "ranch hands", and run rescues just as a way to show a "loss" come tax time.

People Magazine gave The Desert Sun an advance copy of the story, a six-page spread featuring numerous photos, including shots of the Corwins, Lee, the Twentynine Palms area and White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley, where Erin volunteered and cared for her horse, Cassy.

The story, written by Elaine Aradillas, provides additional details surrounding the disappearance of Corwin.

When the Corwins moved to base last fall, they became “chummy” with Christopher Lee and his wife Nichole, who lived next door with their daughter *******.

The couple shared a loved of dogs and horses and often spent time together at the horse rescue ranch.

“Erin and Nichole had dogs, and they went to the dog park together,” horse rescue owner Isabel Megli told People Magazine. “Jon and Christopher were friends, too. They came out here and took the dune buggy out.”

But by February, Megli says she’d noticed the couples’ friendship had cooled. “I would say to Nichole, ‘Where’s Erin?’ and Nichole would say, ‘I don’t know,’” she says. “She never said a word.”

Megli said the Lees typically visited the ranch on weekends, but not the Saturday when Erin went missing. Still, “Sunday they came and had fun,” she said. “They seemed fine.”

Well now, if this is all true, it certainly explains a lot to me. Hmm......

"Sunday they came and had fun"...???...wasn't it Sunday Chris was worried about not having an "alibi" for?

One more thing about IM, why did she even mention what was said by NL if she thought it had nothing to do with Erin? LE would not have asked her if NL had ever watched crime shows, and if she talked about them. She says the Lees are not communicating because they're trying to get their lives back together. If I had such a GOOD friend, I would let that person know that I arrived home safely. I would ask about things at the ranch. I don't see that I would never speak to that person again. It all seems so odd.

as far as IM goes...consider the source....not the sharpest tool in the shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member