GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has IM inserted herself into this investigation or was she thrown into it?
To me inserting ones self is more like the guy with the red car story.

Agree. Thank God I've never been in either of their (IM or MB) positions. It seems to me one can't do or say the right thing no matter what. So if I ever where to be in a similar position, I'd just cling to the fact that I knew I told the truth (because I would have) and wait.

Regarding IM, people were suspicious and upset she didn't address the case on her website the day after Erin's case became public. Now that she's talking, the information she's giving out is just upsetting/confusing people more. I can't always tell how the questions were asked, what's been clipped, and don't have enough background information to judge if what IM says is true (like when she says she didn't know Erin in a personal way). I know I've worked in places where many people came and went and even though I knew them, I didn't KNOW them.

Unless it turns out the ranch owners had something to do with the reason Erin went missing, it is difficult to determine if there's nefarious reasons why IM is stating the things she has to news sources on different days. She may not recall the events clearly surrounding the Lees and the Corwins and should refrain from offering details imo. I doubt these young people were the center of IM's life before July 4.

I'm curious about the script people would write, according to them, of what IM should be saying to the media under the circumstances? That C and N are terrible people and she always thought that there was a chance they could be killers and she's sure they are guilty? Really?

Those of us who were in the dark about horse rescue ranches, now have to cast suspicion on all horse rescue ranch efforts of every person who extends themselves in this type of work. I feel more for the honest ones today. I'm sorry to hear the claims of dishonesty but, lacking info about legal charges and convictions, the opinions shared are good for public awareness but not sure if the discussion is a fair one on Erin's case threads.

For whatever reason, there seems to be tremendous animosity towards IM. :thinking:

Maybe they do have video of him with EC that day...hoping they put the minimum info in the search warrants.

Maybe, just trying to keep it real and point out what evidence is needed before or for there to be an arrest and trial.
I'm frustrated because I know what may be and I know what the majority of people think and I know what the case looks like based on the earliest information gathered. What we don't know is how much of that information has been substantiated and proven to be true.

Just wish something would break in Erin's case. In the beginning it seemed her's would be a quick case for LE to come to a conclusion.

There aren't any flyers and there never have been flyers or be on the lookout announcements by LE in Erin's case.
They were looking for Erin in JT from day one. One would think they'd want to know if anybody had seen her there during Saturday or Sunday (before her car was located), and at what time, etc.

Let's hope LE has forensic evidence of something and they weren't continuing the search based on what people were telling them.

Hi I'm a lurker that lives out here in 29 Palms and to date I have yet to see any flyers. It has actually been asked that we do not help in the search and they believe flyers might only give them more tips/leads that would take time to debunk so they don't want to send them out. (that has also been stated on the Facebook group that is for her, made by his family)

Thank you for your input, homemom. I hope you stay with us and don't go back to lurking - would love to hear from another local! :smile:

No one has printed up Missing Person flyers.............?

Well.........that leads me to believe that LE and the family don't believe she was breathing after the 30th.
Pregnant young woman disappears and they don't saturate the area with "missing" flyers......what's wrong with this picture?

For this reason, I can't shake the feeling that LE couldn't find Erin on camera leaving base. Having said that, I don't believe LE looked at the footage until days later or would they have looked immediately? When Erin's husband said, my wife left home at around 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning and headed to JT, could LE get the gate people to look at the footage pronto? How difficult is it to find specific footage when you have a date and time?

Who did Jon call? The Sheriff's 911? I wonder if he called his commander first and he told him to call 911.
If I were his commander, after I called up the chain, the end guy would call the gate people next I bet. Because s/he'd want to know how big a problem he has on his hands now.

I found a sliver of credit given to Erin on the Ranch's FB page. It's the photo used as the page's cover photo which was taken by Erin. This pic was posted on January 4, 2014. It was "liked" by Erin, so I'm assuming the photo caption "Photo credit goes to Erin. Great shot!!" is referring to EC. Not sure if I'm posting link correctly or not but here's a try: https://www.facebook.com/1738021710...455281.173802171010/10152138813556011/?type=1

Also, an interesting comment was posted recently on CL's photo from April 22: https://www.facebook.com/1738021710...73802171010/10152362548871011/?type=1&theater

The FB links are currently unavailable according to the message I get. Are they private or for only those who have FB accounts or really unavailable?

I keep wondering why they don't have a command center staffed by volunteers to take calls/tips/leads. As a family member or close friend of a missing person, they'd have to lock me up to keep me from posting fliers and setting up a command center.

That's one reason I'm hoping they are confident forensics will nail their case shut. If it isn't, could it become another McStay case? Hope not.

In order to see the FB account, you must be logged in to FB afaik...

After a murder takes place and comes to light it is because someone discovers a dead body, either in a building (home, workplace, garage) or outside somewhere. Obviously no missing person posters are necessary but investigation as to cause of death begins to determine if foul play is involved - so it goes from there.
The crime scene or secondary crime scene can reveal a lot - like if the crime was sexually motivated or not.
Usually, if sexually motivated, LE turns their attention outward sooner rather than later especially when a body is found outside in the elements (I don't know this for a fact, just guessing).

I've never heard of a true missing person case where LE leaped to finding a crime scene which is what happened in Erin's case during the first days. There has to be a reason (and it can't be a good one).

For this reason, I can't shake the feeling that LE couldn't find Erin on camera leaving base. Having said that, I don't believe LE looked at the footage until days later or would they have looked immediately? When Erin's husband said, my wife left home at around 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning and headed to JT, could LE get the gate people to look at the footage pronto? How difficult is it to find specific footage when you have a date and time?

Who did Jon call? The Sheriff's 911? I wonder if he called his commander first and he told him to call 911.
If I were his commander, after I called up the chain, the end guy would call the gate people next I bet. Because s/he'd want to know how big a problem he has on his hands now.

If you dial 911 on base you get someone at the fire dept, not "real" 911.

19yrs old... I just can't imagine. What should be a happy time in her life, with future plans, thinking of baby names, etc., and instead, missing. Things aren't looking positive either. :(

:welcome: homemom3! Please stick around!

LadyLems, the last two sentences were my thoughts. Everything above the link was from the article. What I got from the link was that a phone needs to have certain tracking software already installed on it in order to be pinged while off. I did also find some article talking about the NSA being able to ping turned off phones but that doesn't really apply here. Another article or tech blog I found, had statements from different cellular carriers in response to whether a phone could be pinged while off. Most reps replied in the negative or were unclear in their response. I'm not sure if I can link to those sites on here so that is why I only linked the one as it was from a MSM. I can try to find more allowed links.

Sorry it took awhile to get back to you on this but I did make inquiry as to if the cell phone was off could it still ping. He said no, it must be turned on. I presented the question about the apps that are out there and he stated that the apps would only function if the cell phone was turned on. But here is the catch if the cell phone has wireless service and the phone is off in the sense that the screen is blank but yet it is still on then yes it could be traced via the wireless carrier. But if it is off /off then no it can not be traced by pings or via the wireless carrier.

19yrs old... I just can't imagine. What should be a happy time in her life, with future plans, thinking of baby names, etc., and instead, missing. Things aren't looking positive either. :(

Jmo but the upcoming months were unlikely to be blissful and uncomplicated, with the affair, doubtful (?) fatherhood, etc...

Thank you for the article tvscum.

I have been so busy in real life in the past few weeks and trying to catch up now. I do see LE doesn't seem to be any closer to solving Erin's case.

But I was thinking about something as I read this article. CL has six years of service in the Corps yet he was only a Corporal. I wonder why he did not advance up in rank at least to a Sargent?

Just a thought that ran through my mind.:D

There are several reasons some are as follows:
The field that he was in may have made it difficult to advance due to fewer advancement openings.
Poor work performance.
Low advancement test scores.
Poor command/division.
Personal family issues that the command is aware of.
Not being liked by those whom have the ability to advance him. (which is wrong but it does happen)
Bad set of orders just being assigned to the wrong location.

Those are but a few of the reasons that would keep one from advancing. This information was provided by a high ranking military person so I respect his opinion on as to why in general some make rank and others do not.

Where does one get a blue latex glove? I have no idea where you would find one of those. It's certainly not rubber, it says latex. Why go through all the trouble of finding blue latex. Why one glove only? Isn't that really strange?

They can be purchased at medical supply, drug store, general merchandise store, hardware store, food equipment supply center and so forth. Blue gloves actually the color blue use to indicate that the glove was either latex or non latex but today gloves come in a wide variety of colors. So the significance of the blue does not mean anything like it use to, but one glove I am not sure unless it was used to do a one handed task, such as placing a suppository in an animal or cleaning something up with one hand unless there were originally two at one time and now there is one. Or it could be someone used the glove on their dominate hand to complete a task that they did not want to on their hand such as grease, dirt, chemical, paint or some other substance on. Just guessing here.

I keep wondering why they don't have a command center staffed by volunteers to take calls/tips/leads. As a family member or close friend of a missing person, they'd have to lock me up to keep me from posting fliers and setting up a command center.
There's no command center because LE knows exactly what happened to EC, and who is responsible, IMO. What LE is doing with that information, or what they're doing to obtain what they need to get an indictment, is anyone's guess. If I were a loved one of EC, you couldn't stop me from heading to AK and "interviewing" the Lees myself.

Because it is not just on the local LE level there are federal investigators involved and they call the shots. Does not seem right but there must be a reason why they are handling this in such a manner.

I respectfully disagree. I think she was attempting to do damage control. I also don't think she had to insert herself in case, the Lees did that for her. JMO

I agree there is something amuck here people have a tendency to insert themselves into a case when they have an agenda. What that agenda is I am not sure.

Because it is not just on the local LE level there are federal investigators involved and they call the shots. Does not seem right but there must be a reason why they are handling this in such a manner.

Can they absolutely forbid anyone to post fliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz