GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I don't think so. But IMO I also think the family has known that LE has thought Erin was not of this world from very early on.

That has been my suspicion about why we haven't seen any sign of JC. But then I remember Erin's mom lightheartedly (at least in my opinion) discussing how weird it was to cook in Erin's kitchen without Erin being there. I have a difficult time understanding her attitude when her daughter's missing, much less if she had been told her daughter was likely murdered. Soooooo confused!!

Hi everyone. I am new here and although I am caught up with current events of the case I have been reading up on the old threads and found this on the 3rd thread and found it quite eerie. I have removed the posters' name so as not to offend but I am wondering if anyone else can see what I see here.....the "clues" in the post were totally unknown at this point in time.

07-16-2014

Some things I've learned:

-Christopher robin said it best: "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-B , I didn't have all the information at the start and I made some assumptions like that JC must have done it.
-LEE seems so focused on searching JT and I don't really understand it.

-Nichole Waller, another girl missing in Montana, reminds me that the search is never really over.
-LEE's across the country really are our best assets in finding these missing girls, despite their closed lips at times.
-Husband may not always be the person who did it. sometimes things are more complicated.

This coded message was put out around the time everybody behind the scenes started learning CL's name. It confused some people at the time, but the name was already out there when this was posted.

I'm a lurker most of the time. I was looking at some of the pictures at the White Rock Horse and Rescue tonight and as I was viewing the pictures a strange feeling came over me as I looked at pictures of Lake Perris area. I then searched the area on Google maps and in this area hunting is allowed. It just reminded me of the hunting trip that CL told Erin that they were going to visit the day she was last seen. It just really gave me goosebumps and I hope that LE has or will search this area for Erin. I pray each day that Erin is found soon!

Agree. Thank God I've never been in either of their (IM or MB) positions. It seems to me one can't do or say the right thing no matter what. So if I ever where to be in a similar position, I'd just cling to the fact that I knew I told the truth (because I would have) and wait.

Regarding IM, people were suspicious and upset she didn't address the case on her website the day after Erin's case became public. Now that she's talking, the information she's giving out is just upsetting/confusing people more. I can't always tell how the questions were asked, what's been clipped, and don't have enough background information to judge if what IM says is true (like when she says she didn't know Erin in a personal way). I know I've worked in places where many people came and went and even though I knew them, I didn't KNOW them.

Unless it turns out the ranch owners had something to do with the reason Erin went missing, it is difficult to determine if there's nefarious reasons why IM is stating the things she has to news sources on different days. She may not recall the events clearly surrounding the Lees and the Corwins and should refrain from offering details imo. I doubt these young people were the center of IM's life before July 4.

I'm curious about the script people would write, according to them, of what IM should be saying to the media under the circumstances? That C and N are terrible people and she always thought that there was a chance they could be killers and she's sure they are guilty? Really?

Those of us who were in the dark about horse rescue ranches, now have to cast suspicion on all horse rescue ranch efforts of every person who extends themselves in this type of work. I feel more for the honest ones today. I'm sorry to hear the claims of dishonesty but, lacking info about legal charges and convictions, the opinions shared are good for public awareness but not sure if the discussion is a fair one on Erin's case threads.

For whatever reason, there seems to be tremendous animosity towards IM. :thinking:

The lack of a simple statement JUST to acknowledge the fact that one of the WRHR's volunteers/workers ( who in IM's own words had nursed a horse back to health) had gone MISSING would have been an easy and might I add respectable thing to do for EC, her family & friends....but instead what seemed to matter more was "someone/something" destroying a ceramic donkey which warranted a post on the WRHR website and was "signed" by IM at least a month before EC went missing...just seems cold to me, even if IM wasn't close to EC....that's where my thoughts lie regarding IM.....

That has been my suspicion about why we haven't seen any sign of JC. But then I remember Erin's mom lightheartedly (at least in my opinion) discussing how weird it was to cook in Erin's kitchen without Erin being there. I have a difficult time understanding her attitude when her daughter's missing, much less if she had been told her daughter was likely murdered. Soooooo confused!!

IMO, Erin's mom was experiencing Magical Thinking.

I'm a lurker most of the time. I was looking at some of the pictures at the White Rock Horse and Rescue tonight and as I was viewing the pictures a strange feeling came over me as I looked at pictures of Lake Perris area. I then searched the area on Google maps and in this area hunting is allowed. It just reminded me of the hunting trip that CL told Erin that they were going to visit the day she was last seen. It just really gave me goosebumps and I hope that LE has or will search this area for Erin. I pray each day that Erin is found soon!
Welcome lurker sophclown!!

Yes, I feel the same way. I posted once about Erin possibly being in Lake Perris weighted with concrete. When another poster was talking about Lake Perris, the words Lake Perris and concrete in the post just made me pause for a moment as I was thinking I hope the lake has been searched ... a place familiar to the L's, a place where a horse, a dune buggy, and/or a hay ride cart could be used for transport instead of the L's vehicle/s.
Lake Perris and concrete gives me goosebumps.

There are a good amount of people at Lake Perris at this time of year, with the campground, marina, etc. so it's much more likely they would be seen. I think hunting begins there in September, so a gunshot would attract a lot of attention right now as well. But there are several areas a short distance from Lake Perris that are more isolated (but not as isolated as near 29 Palms).

Welcome lurker sophclown!!

Yes, I feel the same way. I posted once about Erin possibly being in Lake Perris weighted with concrete. When another poster was talking about Lake Perris, the words Lake Perris and concrete in the post just made me pause for a moment as I was thinking I hope the lake has been searched ... a place familiar to the L's, a place where a horse, a dune buggy, and/or a hay ride cart could be used for transport instead of the L's vehicle/s.
Lake Perris and concrete gives me goosebumps.

That hasn't happened so far. It would be a HUGE project, and would be in our local news because they would need to close it down to the public.

Although Lake Perris has been visited by people at the horse ranch, there are other bodies of water that are about equal or less distance from 29 Palms, and less crowded at this time of year. Salton Sea has been mentioned by some posters, and it's MUCH more deserted. There are other possibilities...depending on which theory you subscribe to about the length of time CL was unaccounted for. :)

BBM

I'm very interested in hearing statements from the horse ranch women's friends (aside from the L couple). Horse Ranch woman has proved to be very chatty; no doubt she has shared all sorts of interesting tidbits with various friends? Of equal interest, would be Mrs. L's friends. Perhaps there are people out there with information that is just burning their consciences?

I have to agree that Lake Perris might not be the best place to dispose of a body. It is very, very busy during the summer months, there are overnight campgrounds full of people (and most likely camp hosts that would report gun shots and/or off road activity.) Off road vehicles are not allowed anywhere inside the State Park and access is slow and difficult during the summer months. If you wanted to dump a body in the water you would more than likely need a boat and all boats are inspected upon arrival (and can take hours to even get into the park.) There are so many more desolate and private places to hide something in the hundreds of miles of desert around Twentynine Palms that Lake Perris just doesn't sounds like a very probable choice. MOO. That said, if you read some comments on the below linked site about people who have camped at lake Perris in June and July of this year, several have mentioned that the lake is crawling with leeches (disgusting thought!)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-perris-state-recreation-area-perris

I have to agree that Lake Perris might not be the best place to dispose of a body. It is very, very busy during the summer months, there are overnight campgrounds full of people (and most likely camp hosts that would report gun shots and/or off road activity.) Off road vehicles are not allowed anywhere inside the State Park and access is slow and difficult during the summer months. If you wanted to dump a body in the water you would more than likely need a boat and all boats are inspected upon arrival (and can take hours to even get into the park.) There are so many more desolate and private places to hide something in the hundreds of miles of desert around Twentynine Palms that Lake Perris just doesn't sounds like a very probable choice. MOO. That said, if you read some comments on the below linked site about people who have camped at lake Perris in June and July of this year, several have mentioned that the lake is crawling with leeches (disgusting thought!)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-perris-state-recreation-area-perris

EEEWWWWW!!!!! I got so grossed out at the reviews I had to stop reading!! I remember when they built it, but I've never been there...and now I never will! lol

EEEWWWWW!!!!! I got so grossed out at the reviews I had to stop reading!! I remember when they built it, but I've never been there...and now I never will! lol

My thought exactly. A coworker years ago told me some of the same things that the people were complaining about in those reviews. Needless to say, I have never been. :sick:

Someone knows the TRUTH and I just know it has to be someone we've all read about and keep hearing about. I wish they would knock off this nonsense and just TALK. Get it over with! Please tell LEO where EC is and let everyone try to deal with it and have some peace. I almost can't read about this case anymore. It's annoying and I feel like these people are getting away with everything. :gaah::scared::gaah:

Does this particular police department deal with a lot of murders and crime? Would this be a big case for them or just one of many that major crimes is working on?

Can they absolutely forbid anyone to post fliers?

I do not think they can forbid any citizen from passing out fliers, but I do know this much as far as the spouse goes they can give him orders not to do something for example: He could have been ordered not to speak to the media and or participate in flyer distribution or the search. As for the family they can not order them to do anything, but they certain can ask them not to do it and give a reason as to why they are requesting this. I know it does not seem right but they are keeping this close to the hip and tight lipped about everything. This must be a very good reason as to why they are proceeding as they are.

IMO, Erin's mom was experiencing Magical Thinking.

Speaking from my own experience on this a parent goes thru many different emotions when her Mother made that statement I could just about bet the farm that this poor soul was in complete shock and numb. I could create a list a mile long of the emotions and physical torment when a parent is tossed into the unknown zone when their child is missing. I myself would not put too much credence in what her Mother stated but how she stated. To me that was more a utter disbelief statement than anything else. Just my two cents worth. IMO

I bought the people magazine yesterday (July 31) at publix.

Edited to say: oops I meant to quote. This was in response to is it out on stands yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That hasn't happened so far. It would be a HUGE project, and would be in our local news because they would need to close it down to the public.

Although Lake Perris has been visited by people at the horse ranch, there are other bodies of water that are about equal or less distance from 29 Palms, and less crowded at this time of year. Salton Sea has been mentioned by some posters, and it's MUCH more deserted. There are other possibilities...depending on which theory you subscribe to about the length of time CL was unaccounted for. :)

BBM

The Salton Sea is an interesting theory...

However... IMO... The Salton Sea has an incredibly high level of salinity... Which would make a body more buoyant than in another body of water having "average" salinity....

It would take more effort to weight a body down... But I suppose it could... And has.... Been done...

All...JMO

I agree. If NCIS is helping, where would the evidence be sent for analysis, and when will the results be back?

We need Gibbs and Abby!! She would already have nailed him with forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx