GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. "According to a resident in Oak Ridge . . . " .
NCIS is on the case, yes. An official source would be when an official spokesperson, or police/sheriff, makes a statement confirming they went out to interview a person in Tennessee.
LE has spoken out about searches but little else.
We need an official update but don't think we're going to get one until something major happens.

NCIS is on the case, yes. An official source would be when an official spokesperson, or police/sheriff, makes a statement confirming they went out to interview a person in Tennessee.
We need an official update but don't think we're going to get one until something major happens.

Jmo but I don't think we were meant to know as much as we do. I think leaving warrants unsealed was done by mistake. We could still be at the point where we know nothing more than the bits printed by the radio station.

From same article:

"We're assisting them as far as some of the more military aspects of the investigation," said Ed Buice, NCIS public affairs officer at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. "The military world is sometimes very confusing to non-military investigators. We help them connect the dots and find a way through the red tape."

I was giving you the quote regarding the person in TN but NCIS is working with them. Not sure if they are actually interviewing people or not. The person they could have spoken with maybe have been military and therefore NCIS may have spoke with them.

Meme, you got us (me at least) all excited thinking maybe something big had happened. :drumroll:

From same article:

I was giving you the quote regarding the person in TN but NCIS is working with them. Not sure if they are actually interviewing people or not. The person they could have spoken with maybe have been military and therefore NCIS may have spoke with them.

Oh I know and thank you. But I was hoping the NCIS guy (Buice) had actually mentioned that they'd been out to Tennessee. The news is sourcing the "facts" they print loosely these days. I suppose NCIS will be checking out everybody's claims especially if people are putting false info out.

JMO, I want to believe she is in hiding but I just can't. Don't think she'd do this to her parents.

Jmo but I don't think we were meant to know as much as we do. I think leaving warrants unsealed was done by mistake. We could still be at the point where we know nothing more than the bits printed by the radio station.

Indeed! Do you agree that the probable cause thingy is just a beginning and not a conclusion though?
The police were able to begin an investigation based on the info but we can't see what they determined as their investigation continued. Like with DNA, sometimes it comes back and doesn't match the DNA found at a crime scene and then LE has to keep looking for the guy who owns the DNA. LE admits at times (in hindsight) that they were sure they had their guy! What if people are lying?

Indeed! Do you agree that the probable cause thingy is just a beginning and not a conclusion though?
The police were able to begin an investigation based on the info but we can't see what they determined as their investigation continued. Like with DNA, sometimes it comes back and doesn't match the DNA found at a crime scene and then LE has to keep looking for the guy who owns the DNA. LE admits at times (in hindsight) that they were sure they had their guy! What if people are lying?

I think they have the right guy in their sights...just not enough evidence.

I think they have the right guy in their sights...just not enough evidence.

I think so too. But for me, it hinges on the texts to her friend back home. I wish we could see what she actually wrote to her. If she did really tell her friend that she was having an affair with CL, and thought he was the father, etc etc, then I think we have the right POI. I cannot see any reason that she would say that to her friend if it were untrue.

I just clicked on that link, and that accident happened on July 13th. So hopefully it was search and rescue activity this morning in the EC case.

Thanks. What are the comments to the right there then? I figured they were current events. Sorry if I caused confusion again!

I think so too. But for me, it hinges on the texts to her friend back home. I wish we could see what she actually wrote to her. If she did really tell her friend that she was having an affair with CL, and thought he was the father, etc etc, then I think we have the right POI. I cannot see any reason that she would say that to her friend if it were untrue.
Especially after IM saying her words were twisted by LE. It would be nice to know exactly what the texts said.

Thanks. What are the comments to the right there then? I figured they were current events. Sorry if I caused confusion again!

I can only speak for myself but I'm confused enough on my own, no apology needed.:waitasec:

Jmo I don't believe LE lied about the texts...they would have to show them at some point, if not to judge for warrants.

Jmo I don't believe LE lied about the texts...they would have to show them at some point, if not to judge for warrants.

I don't think they lied about them either. And I don't think they lied about what NL told the rescue owner either. I think she is just backpedaling now, for her own sake. jmo

Thunder starting here no rain about 2 hrs west of 29 palms. It is still good searching weather.

I don't think they lied about them either. And I don't think they lied about what NL told the rescue owner either. I think she is just backpedaling now, for her own sake. jmo
I agree. But I do think there's more to the texts since they have been so focused on searching Joshua Tree NP. Or details on when she told CL about the pregnancy. I just don't understand why they would be planning a day to celebrate a pregnancy under those circumstances. Doesn't settle well with me. Basically I think there is a lot more to the texts.

I agree. But I do think there's more to the texts since they have been so focused on searching Joshua Tree NP. Or details on when she told CL about the pregnancy. I just don't understand why they would be planning a day to celebrate a pregnancy under those circumstances. Doesn't settle well with me. Basically I think there is a lot more to the texts.

I think Erin was probably very naive. She was only 19, and had known her husband since she was a young girl. So she had ZERO experience with men.
You and I would know that most married lovers would not 'celebrate' our pregnancies--but I don't think she understood that. Yet. :mad:

I think Erin was probably very naive. She was only 19, and had known her husband since she was a young girl. So she had ZERO experience with men.
You and I would know that most married lovers would not 'celebrate' our pregnancies--but I don't think she understood that. Yet. :mad:

Jmo I would have known that at sixteen, lol.

Jmo I would have known that at sixteen, lol.

Ha, I hear ya.

She did, apparently, text her friend that CL was worried his wife would keep his daughter from him if she found out about the pregnancy. So she should have known he was not in a celebratory mood. But when i was very young I was in WEIRD RELATIONSHIP WITH MY MARRIED BOSS- who swore he was separated. Anyway, I was 20, and very naive, and believed all the BULL he sold me.

Anyway, I can believe that he tried to get her trust back, and told her how thrilled he was about 'their baby' and suggested they take a day to themselves to celebrate. I think she would naively believe that. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill