GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, I hear ya.

She did, apparently, text her friend that CL was worried his wife would keep his daughter from him if she found out about the pregnancy. So she should have known he was not in a celebratory mood. But when i was very young I was in WEIRD RELATIONSHIP WITH MY MARRIED BOSS- who swore he was separated. Anyway, I was 20, and very naive, and believed all the BULL he sold me.

Anyway, I can believe that he tried to get her trust back, and told her how thrilled he was about 'their baby' and suggested they take a day to themselves to celebrate. I think she would naively believe that. Sadly.

I've often thought about what he could have told her that would make her feel happy and thrilled about his baby and wanting to go out somewhere secluded to "celebrate" while hunting. If he was that afraid his wife would find out, that should have at least made her a bit cautious. Him leaving his wife for her and their baby doesn't even sound plausible if he was afraid his wife was going to find out about the baby and keep him from his daughter. Had he done that, left his wife for Erin and their baby, that was the potential outcome one way or the other. Wife would have found out about the baby in time no matter what.

I wonder when the move back to Alaska came in to play. Had it been planned all along once he got out of the Marines or was it just a very convenient time to head north? I'm almost thinking they were planning to live at the rescue for a while but due to the current circumstances they got out of dodge. Surely EC knew CL would be getting out and moving somewhere. Perhaps he lead her to believe that NL was moving north and he was staying here in Cali where they could raise their love child together and live happily ever after.

Just curious...does anyone know how close the Corwins and Lees lived? Next door? Upstairs/downstairs? Different buildings?

I've often thought about what he could have told her that would make her feel happy and thrilled about his baby and wanting to go out somewhere secluded to "celebrate" while hunting. If he was that afraid his wife would find out, that should have at least made her a bit cautious. Him leaving his wife for her and their baby doesn't even sound plausible if he was afraid his wife was going to find out about the baby and keep him from his daughter. Had he done that, left his wife for Erin and their baby, that was the potential outcome one way or the other. Wife would have found out about the baby in time no matter what.

I was thinking the same thing. But if he wanted to lure her away, he had to be convincing. I think he could have just said that he made up his mind to leave wifey, and he would fight for custody. And how happy he was to have a new baby and a new life. I think that might do it, when speaking to a 19 yr old who had only one other boyfriend her entire life.

I was thinking the same thing. But if he wanted to lure her away, he had to be convincing. I think he could have just said that he made up his mind to leave wifey, and he would fight for custody. And how happy he was to have a new baby and a new life. I think that might do it, when speaking to a 19 yr old who had only one other boyfriend her entire life.

And this makes me think about Jon. What did she perceive his role in all this? She apparently told him she was expecting. It's unclear whether or not she told him it could be Chris'. But if she planned a life with Chris after he got out of the military, how does Jon fit in to this? Did she love Chris enough to leave Jon for him? Did she love Jon at all? Why tell him on Father's Day that she's pregnant if she thought the baby might be Chris'? That would be cruel. So she must have told Jon, letting him believe he was Daddy. And if it were Chris', she was going to pass the baby off as Jon's. That's my thought anyway.

I wonder when the move back to Alaska came in to play. Had it been planned all along once he got out of the Marines or was it just a very convenient time to head north? I'm almost thinking they were planning to live at the rescue for a while but due to the current circumstances they got out of dodge. Surely EC knew CL would be getting out and moving somewhere. Perhaps he lead her to believe that NL was moving north and he was staying here in Cali where they could raise their love child together and live happily ever after.

Just curious...does anyone know how close the Corwins and Lees lived? Next door? Upstairs/downstairs? Different buildings?

I'm not sure but from the pictures I saw, they lived next door in a separate building, different duplex.

I'm not sure but from the pictures I saw, they lived next door in a separate building, different duplex.

Thank you. It would be very awkward if they lived within feet of each other knowing what we now know.

Jmo I don't believe LE lied about the texts...they would have to show them at some point, if not to judge for warrants.

I want to make clear that I didn't mean to suggest LE lied, I'm thinking more in line with another group of people framing the Lee couple. I know the odds are high that's not the case but just trying to cover all the bases.

We have some rumor that CL had a falling out with another neighbor and everyone seems to know about the affair so, let's say, another neighbor decided to follow Erin off base that morning - wouldn't it be easy for them to point fingers at CL? Especially knowing he planned to go hunting (so the story goes). AND does he (both neighbors to include the Corwins) know the friend in TN too?
Okay, I have an active imagination but I hear bells go off sometimes when other people insert themselves into cases apart from LE. Do they think they are being helpful (???) or are they planting seeds? It is a criminal investigation after all.

Pawn shops from 29 to Alaska should be checked, as well as Craigslist and ebay, for Erin's wedding ring.
That money could come in very handy if you need to go poof.

Ha, I hear ya.

She did, apparently, text her friend that CL was worried his wife would keep his daughter from him if she found out about the pregnancy. So she should have known he was not in a celebratory mood. But when i was very young I was in WEIRD RELATIONSHIP WITH MY MARRIED BOSS- who swore he was separated. Anyway, I was 20, and very naive, and believed all the BULL he sold me.

Anyway, I can believe that he tried to get her trust back, and told her how thrilled he was about 'their baby' and suggested they take a day to themselves to celebrate. I think she would naively believe that. Sadly.

Do young people text everything? It seems like such personal info to be sharing via text. Don't they use email anymore at least or PM via FB? Plus sort of long concepts to explain via text - over detailing is what I'm getting at. Pretend Erin is formulating this text - oh and btw the the guy I'm having an affair with told me if his wife finds out she'll take their daughter away from him. Then think about her sending that text, 20 yo or not, and not having her conscious kick in about what she's about to do. La-dee-da, so what, who cares!?

Isn't it a strange topic to be sharing via text messages?

Can someone post the link to the probable cause affidavit that was all over the net....and now I can't find for the life of me.
Thank you so much :):daisy:

And this makes me think about Jon. What did she perceive his role in all this? She apparently told him she was expecting. It's unclear whether or not she told him it could be Chris'. But if she planned a life with Chris after he got out of the military, how does Jon fit in to this? Did she love Chris enough to leave Jon for him? Did she love Jon at all? Why tell him on Father's Day that she's pregnant if she thought the baby might be Chris'? That would be cruel. So she must have told Jon, letting him believe he was Daddy. And if it were Chris', she was going to pass the baby off as Jon's. That's my thought anyway.

I am just speculating. But from what I know about 20 yr olds, and how they deal with relationship drama, I think it went something like this:

She apparently finds out on Fathers Day, with a home pregnancy test. So she shares the good news with hubby. Then she ponders, and worries about it possibly being CLs baby. So she tells him, and his first response is 'OH NO, my wife will be so angry, keep me from my daughter, etc.'

But later on, at some point, things change. I think that CL did some thinking and planning, and decided he needed to clean things up. He needed his honorable discharge and for his marriage to work out. So I think he contacted Erin and tried to convince her that he was on board. And that he wanted to 'celebrate' the pregnancy. He must have been pretty convincing to sell that load of BS.

Had the same thoughts...or similar thoughts. It could go so many diff scenarios. Right now I think only CL can answer....but even then we'd only get his version.
If your thoughts are right...IF...she would have had to be somehow positive it was CL's but it also would have had to be reasonably believable that it could have been her husband's as well...aka conception occurred around two diff intimate times. Fairly easy to pull off if done right.

Sometimes the obvious suspect and motive are the right one...jmo this is one of those times.

LE will you be so kind to release evidence that Erin was seen outside the base on June 28th?

<modsnip>

How does this scenario fit Occam's razor theory?

Do young people text everything? It seems like such personal info to be sharing via text. Don't they use email anymore at least or PM via FB? Plus sort of long concepts to explain via text - over detailing is what I'm getting at. Pretend Erin is formulating this text - oh and btw the the guy I'm having an affair with told me if his wife finds out she'll take their daughter away from him. Then think about her sending that text, 20 yo or not, and not having her conscious kick in about what she's about to do. La-dee-da, so what, who cares!?

Isn't it a strange topic to be sharing via text messages?

NOPE. not strange at all for 20 yr olds. My kids are 22 and 26. Texts are the new e-mail. They text everything and anything. My DD is constantly having long text convos with her boss, her boyfriend, her bffs, me, her brother....it is unreal.

And I don't think she was 'bragging' to her friend. I don't think it was casual or 'who cares.' I think she was commiserating and trying to explain how complicated things were. I am sure they talked on the phone in more depth at some point, so when CL offered to take her out on that special day to celebrate, she only needed to say it simply to her friend, who already knew the whole story.

When my daughter was trying to decide what to do when her lease was up on her studio apt, she texted in depth with her bff in NYC about her options. One was to get a bigger place with her boyfriend, but that had some drawbacks. I couldn't believe how long and detailed their texts were on that subject. lol And how FAST she could text.

I think those texts make perfect sense, in my experience with 20-somethings.

LE will you be so kind to release evidence that Erin was seen outside the base on June 28th?

<modsnip>

It doesn't really. He didn't purportedly go ballistic until after he started going through her things when she went missing. LE tends to believe, according to their affidavit, that CL, and possibly NL and others, are the reason she is missing. No mention of JC in that affidavit other than to provide context.

<modsnip>

In this scenario, where did the crime take place? They searched ECs home so not there. They live on base so it would have to be there somewhere - after this much time I would think they would find the crime scene if it happened on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87