GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think they can forbid any citizen from passing out fliers, but I do know this much as far as the spouse goes they can give him orders not to do something for example: He could have been ordered not to speak to the media and or participate in flyer distribution or the search. As for the family they can not order them to do anything, but they certain can ask them not to do it and give a reason as to why they are requesting this. I know it does not seem right but they are keeping this close to the hip and tight lipped about everything. This must be a very good reason as to why they are proceeding as they are.

As JC is military, it's easy to understand why he's not in the public eye and why other military friends would not be publicly involved. I was just wondering how other family and friends were convinced. Since they couldn't be ordered, it dawned on me maybe the only family she had there were JC, his mother & her own mother. Even online, though, I've read where a FB page deleted any tips/questions. But, what about residents of the town and surrounding areas? Iirc, the water dept. employee was aware of EC's car only because he heard it on their local radio station. If LE believed early that she was no longer alive, wouldn't they want tips/leads from the community? After all, it was a member of the community that found the car. What about people that don't read the local paper or listen to the local radio? There are many everywhere that fall into that category. Fliers put up early on in an investigation (not just locally, but in surrounding towns) could have reached those people. By now, surely most are aware even without the fliers, but it's a month later. Memories fade quickly.

This coded message was put out around the time everybody behind the scenes started learning CL's name. It confused some people at the time, but the name was already out there when this was posted.

But how come there are no posts up to that point that even mention CL or his wife? That was around the time the red car was discovered and people were posting about him being the BF and possible killer..That post was made in the 3rd thread

Hi everyone. I am new here and although I am caught up with current events of the case I have been reading up on the old threads and found this on the 3rd thread and found it quite eerie. I have removed the posters' name so as not to offend but I am wondering if anyone else can see what I see here.....the "clues" in the post were totally unknown at this point in time.

07-16-2014

Some things I've learned:

-Christopher robin said it best: "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
-B , I didn't have all the information at the start and I made some assumptions like that JC must have done it.
-LEE seem so focused on searching JT and I don't really understand it.

-Nichole Waller, another girl missing in Montana, reminds me that the search is never really over.
-LEE's across the country really are our best assets in finding these missing girls, despite their closed lips at times.
-Husband may not always be the person who did it. sometimes things are more complicated.

Welcome, Jambri! :welcome6:

BBM & underlined by me: Good catches!
Welcome to our group and keep posting and sharing ideas/thoughts!

Does this particular police department deal with a lot of murders and crime? Would this be a big case for them or just one of many that major crimes is working on?

I know they are working the McStay case. Not sure about their crime stats though.

And just bouncing off your post here. They were found about an hour away from 29 Palms, not at all far off the main highway, in an area busy with off road bikers. And it still took over three years for their buried remains to be discovered. I look at the area around 29 palms and fear that Erin will never be located.

As JC is military, it's easy to understand why he's not in the public eye and why other military friends would not be publicly involved. I was just wondering how other family and friends were convinced. Since they couldn't be ordered, it dawned on me maybe the only family she had there were JC, his mother & her own mother.

I can speak to this from my experience as a military spouse. While a spouse or family member can't be ordered not to speak, we are so used to keeping quiet on anything that could put a service member in danger that it's likely JC asked them not to speak and they are obliging. Plus JC or other service members could still get in huge trouble for their families or friends actions. It's been drilled in our heads that msm is not our friends, that they will print just about anything with no regard to who or how it affects our loved ones. There's no way I'd ever speak to anyone from any media about anything. Especially if I truly knew something. I would not want to be responsible for damaging an investigation. IMOO

But how come there are no posts up to that point that even mention CL or his wife? That was around the time the red car was discovered and people were posting about him being the BF and possible killer..That post was made in the 3rd thread

Because the mods were constantly deleting posts as we were not yet authorized to sleuth CL or NL

Because the mods were constantly deleting posts as we were not yet authorized to sleuth CL or NL

Aw that makes sense then. I thought that was way too much of a coincidence lol

Welcome Jambri!

We were not allowed to sleuth the Lees until they were publicly named and associated with the case. These are the rules/terms of Websleuths.

I can speak to this from my experience as a military spouse. While a spouse or family member can't be ordered not to speak, we are so used to keeping quiet on anything that could put a service member in danger that it's likely JC asked them not to speak and they are obliging. Plus JC or other service members could still get in huge trouble for their families or friends actions. It's been drilled in our heads that msm is not our friends, that they will print just about anything with no regard to who or how it affects our loved ones. There's no way I'd ever speak to anyone from any media about anything. Especially if I truly knew something. I would not want to be responsible for damaging an investigation. IMOO

From the moment my son was sworn in to the USMC, they have stressed to family over and over, the importance of Operational Security (OPSEC). The general public may view this as the USMC hiding things, but in fact, it's for the safety of the Marines.

There was a case, years ago, where excited Marines took pictures of new helicopters on a base in Afghanistan, and posted them online. Al Qaeda was able to extract the location from encrypted info in the photos and blew up the helicopters.

Someone knows the TRUTH and I just know it has to be someone we've all read about and keep hearing about. I wish they would knock off this nonsense and just TALK. Get it over with! Please tell LEO where EC is and let everyone try to deal with it and have some peace. I almost can't read about this case anymore. It's annoying and I feel like these people are getting away with everything. :gaah::scared::gaah:

Someone earlier in the thread reminded us all it takes a few months to get all the evidence properly analyzed at the labs. From there, the Prosecutor and D.A. will determine whether the evidence is strong enough that there is a strong probability of conviction. With all the various agencies involved, and the thumb-nosing attitude the L couple appears to have....I'd say game on! As for me, I'm bettin' on the Marines! They don't like people messin' around with their people, or their honor. Stay tuned....

The Salton Sea is an interesting theory...

However... IMO... The Salton Sea has an incredibly high level of salinity... Which would make a body more buoyant than in another body of water having "average" salinity....

It would take more effort to weight a body down... But I suppose it could... And has.... Been done...

All...JMO

Yes, it seems unlikely when the desert is out their back door. (Just trying to help the person with the "water" theory...my money's on the desert.)

Does this particular police department deal with a lot of murders and crime? Would this be a big case for them or just one of many that major crimes is working on?

It's the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (which is huge and deals with deals with murders, etc. on a daily basis), along with the national agencies that were called in - FBI, etc.. So while it's a small town, especially if you don't count the military base, it's not Andy and Barney leading the investigation. :)

If what I have read on this thread is an accurate portrayal of Mrs. L's demeanor, she isn't a wilting flower. If she does indeed "wear the pants" in the family, then could you see her finding out her husband had an affair and responding by staying quiet and rushing off to Alaska together? Especially after the woman in question goes missing? Heck noooo. She would have offered that dude up on a silver platter to LE! Unless of course, she herself was involved in the disappearance of her "rival?" Speculation and opinion only.

There's an interesting thought, just how many different theories are there?

-Mine -Desert -Lake -Big City Dump -Farm/Ranch
-Ocean -Fire - Someone said something about concrete - Forest

That's like nine so far. Can anyone think of others?

empty cabins
fire (hate to think of that one)

Cave, deep ravine, down a well

Cave, deep ravine, down a well

Personally I think she's in a mine. I've been to them many times in JT and they truly are a great hiding/dumping spot. The perp wouldn't necessarily have to kill her first. Just a quick shove and she's gone for ever. Very, very sad case. My heart aches for her mom.

Alive but hiding. No-I don't think this is a viable theory but if we r brainstorming......

77dh7-u think 2 perps? Or 1 plus accomplice? worth it to go back thru old comments?

Fire - extremely unlikely. California is in a drought worse than any we have ever seen. If something was burning in the desert it would be noticed and would more likely catch the entire desert on fire; if it didn't there would still be a large and noticeable burn area. Also, bones don't burn away to nothing.

Ocean - extremely unlikely. Her body would have washed ashore by now unless taken out and dumped out in the middle of the ocean. Doubt CL had access to a boat.

Forest - where?

Concrete - ???

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads