GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the L's bought any interesting items in the days leading up to and shortly after Erin's disappearance?

Alaska. In duffle bag. Horrible thought. Or potentially on horse ranch.

As JC is military, it's easy to understand why he's not in the public eye and why other military friends would not be publicly involved. I was just wondering how other family and friends were convinced. Since they couldn't be ordered, it dawned on me maybe the only family she had there were JC, his mother & her own mother. Even online, though, I've read where a FB page deleted any tips/questions. But, what about residents of the town and surrounding areas? Iirc, the water dept. employee was aware of EC's car only because he heard it on their local radio station. If LE believed early that she was no longer alive, wouldn't they want tips/leads from the community? After all, it was a member of the community that found the car. What about people that don't read the local paper or listen to the local radio? There are many everywhere that fall into that category. Fliers put up early on in an investigation (not just locally, but in surrounding towns) could have reached those people. By now, surely most are aware even without the fliers, but it's a month later. Memories fade quickly.

That is a very good question which I am sure there is an answer to but unless someone in authority is more forthcoming it is all a guessing game at this point in time.

I agree. If NCIS is helping, where would the evidence be sent for analysis, and when will the results be back?

Depending on what they are seeking it could be shipped (hand carried) to Washington, DC or any other number of places.

Does this particular police department deal with a lot of murders and crime? Would this be a big case for them or just one of many that major crimes is working on?

I looked up some information in regards to the statistics of the department. I am not positive that I am allowed to post the link here but this speaks volumes as to what they normally deal with. http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/twentynine-palms/crime/
the charts can show in comparison with larger communities.

Is the People issue already out? I asked my husband to grab it and he got the only issue they had available, with Prince George on the cover. :banghead:

It's generally mailed to subscribers Thursday (ETA mailed so it'll arrive Thursday) and comes out in the stores/newsstands on Friday. I will be looking for it later today.

I looked up some information in regards to the statistics of the department. I am not positive that I am allowed to post the link here but this speaks volumes as to what they normally deal with. http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/twentynine-palms/crime/
the charts can show in comparison with larger communities.

This is only relates to Twentynine Palms, neglecting the rest of the county. It is the SBSO that is lead on this investigation.

This is only relates to Twentynine Palms, neglecting the rest of the county. It is the SBSO that is lead on this investigation.

SBSO is an excellent department. They have a huge success rate but they also cover a huge area. If I remember correctly San Bdo. is the largest county in the U.S. and they are not strangers to homicide investigations. I wish them the best of luck with this and the McStay case.

Here is the link to Wikipedia which tells a little more about the department: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bernardino_County_Sheriff's_Department

Worth noting that San Bernardino is the largest county in the United States and the 12th most populous, needless to say, the SB Sheriff's department is no stranger to homicide and missing persons investigations.

ETA - Jinx, la2cabo...we posted at the same time :)

Yes, it seems unlikely when the desert is out their back door. (Just trying to help the person with the "water" theory...my money's on the desert.)

Last time I was at Salton Sea it was shallow and horrid. The fish are dying (do to salt content) and scattered remains in various stages of decomposition around. It was funny from my POV when on road trip I stopped with cousin and niece. Both jumped out of car running to beach to see and taste landlocked saltwater. Both spun around and ran back about halfway to shore. My cousin had dry heaves from smell.

The area was less populated than last time I was there. Not sure if still there, but there was a border check point around there, but it struck me as odd since it was open like 9-5.

ETA, not sure if still in the family, but there were cabin rentals in area and run by LE mom. Really nice place for the money back then.

Yes, it seems unlikely when the desert is out their back door. (Just trying to help the person with the "water" theory...my money's on the desert.)

bbm

The mods say theories are welcome here at Websleuths and we should not tell others how or what to post.

My money is on bringing Erin home to Tennessee to rest in peace.

It would be nice to know day by day how many deputies are searching for Erin. 5 ? 15? weekends only.

bbm

The mods say theories are welcome here at Websleuths and we should not tell others how or what to post.

My money is on bringing Erin home to Tennessee to rest in peace.

Ummm...HUH??? Not sure what you think I was saying here, but it was a long shot from telling others "how or what to post." I'm not taking the time to look back at the posts (you're welcome to) but it went something like this...

1. Someone posted about Lake Perris being a possibility for hunting, and something about searching the lake.
2. I replied about it being crowded, hunting season starts in September so shots would be noticed, they haven't searched the lake so far because the lake hasn't been closed since she went missing, and other locations were closer which they might want to consider such as Salton Sea.
3. Someone else responded to my post, and stated some issues with the Salton Sea angle.
4. I responded to that person: Yes, it seems unlikely when the desert is out their back door. (Just trying to help the person with the "water" theory...my money's on the desert.)

What in the world is wrong with that??? I was providing information so people working their "water" theory...I'm trying to HELP them, but I CERTAINLY don't have to agree with them! I was never discouraging other theories; in fact, I was helping others with a theory I think is completely wrong.

What did you take offense at, Flutterflies?

Last time I was at Salton Sea it was shallow and horrid. The fish are dying (do to salt content) and scattered remains in various stages of decomposition around. It was funny from my POV when on road trip I stopped with cousin and niece. Both jumped out of car running to beach to see and taste landlocked saltwater. Both spun around and ran back about halfway to shore. My cousin had dry heaves from smell.

The area was less populated than last time I was there. Not sure if still there, but there was a border check point around there, but it struck me as odd since it was open like 9-5.

ETA, not sure if still in the family, but there were cabin rentals in area and run by LE mom. Really nice place for the money back then.

They wanted to taste Salton Sea???!!! You made my day! :floorlaugh:

Yeah, that "limited hours" border check point is still there, but there are side roads to avoid it so it seems rather pointless.

It's generally mailed to subscribers Thursday (ETA mailed so it'll arrive Thursday) and comes out in the stores/newsstands on Friday. I will be looking for it later today.

I purchased it at the local grocery store yesterday.

Yeah, that "limited hours" border check point is still there, but there are side roads to avoid it so it seems rather pointless.

A 9-5 border check seems sort of pointless to begin with - I mean wouldn't one just go at 8:55am or wait til 5:05pm if they could, or didn't want to go through it? It sounds even more useless knowing there are roads around it. Seems likely unrelated to this case, but still... interesting to know and might fit into someone's theory. Thanks for sharing the info.

I used to subscribe but let it lapse. Anything more than what the desert sun article told us?

Here's that link for reference ...
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/erin-corwin-people-magazine/13359369/

The Desert Sun did a great job of giving you the most of it in my opinion. The article does state that JC did call around to various people enquiring about EC in the evening of the 28th thinking that she may have just gone to visit a friend. So it does sound like he was genuinely concerned of her whereabouts. (No mention of him being on duty, nor would I think he would be allowed to call around while standing duty).

The article also stated that the potato gun was found in the back of CL's truck. I thought it was found in the Honda? I'll have to visit the warrant details again to confirm that though.

Lastly, the article states that JC had already told his father of the new pregnancy but was waiting with EC to tell their moms in person.

Our tax dollars at work sealing up those borders.

Re Lake Perris, I've been there once and have no desire to go back. I drove down with a friend for a dog show. It was hot, crowded and my dog was stung by a bee on her face before we even got to ring. I didn't even get near the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx