Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

This thread is making me really sad today. :(

Me too, RSC, and it's giving me a headache...I just can't keep up with all of it anymore...red car, green car, Cherokee, EC, JC, CL, NL, IM, and Lord knows what else. I try to follow along with each scenario yall throw out there but it's all jumbled up inside my poor brain right now. I just want to see the headlines that Erin has been found!!!

But all the pic's we are seeing Of CL are not recent ones, I don't think?? I don't know but I totally without a doubt believe MB. I don't really think he got that good of a look at him. He was more focused on the girl, thinking maybe she was having car trouble. I still think that what MB happened to observe that Saturday morning will add a lot of relevance to this case, that plus the texts from Tn. We don't have a clue of what all LE has that has been sealed from the public. There are still 6 search warrants that we are not privy to. MOO ~

BBM ....or more.

Threads always start getting like this when we have nothing new to discuss and we've dissected everything we have ad nauseum. Patience. Something will break eventually.

I personally think that LE knows exactly what they're doing, and are keeping all this as quiet as they can. Even going so far as to say EC may have left on her own. They don't want to scare CL into taking off and leaving the country. They want to make sure CL comes back to Calif. for his court date in Sept. But I'm willing to bet that they are keeping a real good eye on him.
Just my own speculation of course.

I will say that LE is spending A LOT of time searching for her which makes me think that they are certain she is not voluntarily missing, despite their statements to the contrary. I can't think of a case that I have followed lately in which they have used so much manpower and searched so long. I think they are hell bent on finding her. I think their searches will make sense to us once (and if!) all of the evidence is made public.

I agree with most everything you said except CL. I don't think she ever liked CL, she just put up with him for NL's sake. She obviously couldn't really let on that she didn't like him though, nobody takes 'you married a complete moron' very well at all.

We'll have to disagree about that. She could not make herself really say much of anything about Erin, the whole reason she was being interviewed, but she found plenty of wonderful things to say about CL. She clearly feels very sorry for NL after all this but, from what IM has said, I think she largely blames EC for it all. The old 'boys will be boys" thing, I think.

LE can indeed collect DNA and fingerprints during a felony arrest. I think it is likely they have CL's DNA and fingerprints from the military as well. It would be much easier for the sheriff dept to simply collect it at the time of his arrest.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dna-arrests-20140320-story.html

I contacted The Morongo Basin Station, which is where CL was taken at the time of his arrest, and asked the deputy if they collect DNA as a matter of routine for someone who has been arrested for a felony. She said they DO NOT and only do so by way of a court order. Again, he may have given his consent at the time of his arrest but it isn't collected as a matter of routine. Fingerprints, however, are obtained as a routine procedure.

Megli STILL shows NO remorse at all for Erin. All she said was "I'm hoping. They're doing everything they can and that makes me feel better. We'll be here waiting for her". :confused: COME ON :gaah:
Yet in her 1st interview she spoke at lengths about how great CL is. I cannot imagine why there is absolutely NOTHING about Erin missing on her Horse Rescue Page. Erin was one of their own!!! I mean she volunteered for IM for at least 7 months and paid her $100.00 a month to sponsor a horse there. The only thing she said about EC in her first interview was she was very gentle with her horse????

Folks seem to have vastly different opinions on this point, but I lean more to Dmacky's POV on this one. I find IM to be suspiciously sympathetic to the L couple, given the circumstances. I understand being a loyal friend, but her statements seem very hinky to me. I want to hear what she has to say under oath. Hinky.
My opinion only.

Look it, if something bad happened to someone that my best friend's spouse was having an affair with I wouldn't have very many condolences or consoling, or good things to say about them either, would you? Seriously? :confused: COME ON ... (If I'm looking at things from her perspective: ) I'm not going to forget what they did just because of foul play, or because the whole world is suddenly looking on expecting me to. MOO Just saying, Megli has perfectly justifiable reasons not to comment on Erin's disappearance at all.

Wow, I didn't realize she and NL were best friends! Yes, that does makes things make a lot more sense in this convoluted case ................ hmmmmm.

:websleuther::waiting::hanging: Watching, waiting, hangin' around, logging in off & on daily....hopefully something new comes our way soon so we can all add our
2cents.gif
...... :)

OK, I think I can clear some things up...

Does someone have cl court date. I looked in several places and it did not come up.

Per IM in one of her interviews, she stated CL returns to court 9/9. Not sure which video - I just made a note of the date and where I heard it. (May not be correct, considering the source! lol)

I can see MB being the water guy. Saturday he saw someone getting out of one vehicle getting into another. Not really anything to report to LE and EC wasn't even reported missing yet. Then he hears on the radio about EC being missing and the description of the car. So he drives back by and sees the car is still there and calls it in. MOO

I don't think this could be correct, without the truth coming out by now. The water guy has done everything possible it seems to stay anonymous, and MB is totally happy to talk to everyone...even some of our WSers who called for clarification! If they were the same person, I REALLY think people like LE, the water guy's boss (who knew of the call and I think may have done an interview or something), MB's neighbors, that radio station news guy, etc. would have jumped at the chance to expose him.

I struggle with his accuracy as well. He later said the man could be CL when shown a photo. If the car was parked behind the blue car as he stated, I would think it was a bit more difficult to see the driver of the red car clearly because of the angle, not to mention the fact he was sitting inside.

One of the CBS News 8 videos shows the location of the cars. The screen shot below was taken 7/16 (if that helps), but sorry I don't have the link to the video I took it from. If you would like to see what the area looks like, click on the link below. We took these videos around the area her car was found, so they might be helpful for anyone who has never been to that area. Beneath each video is the location of the video and the connection to this case.

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Gr...en near where her car was found?sort=6&page=1

Location of Red & Blue Cars.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize she and NL were best friends! Yes, that does makes things make a lot more sense in this convoluted case ................ hmmmmm.

I don't think IM has said that NL is/was her best friend. At best, it was inferred from her loyalty to the L's. I could believe NL sees her as a mother figure, but literal best friends? I doubt it. MOO

That is what my grandmother called "damning with faint praise".

Snipped and bolded by me to really praise your grandmother's way with words. Thanks maskedwoman for sharing "damning with faint praise". Love it!

I have an awful feeling that this is going to become a cold case soon and languish in a box somewhere. :cry:

I don't think so katydid23. This mission involves the Marines, and you could never find a more tenacious bunch. They have technology that the average LE doesn't. They will find her. It's a mission. They will succeed.

I think someone is taking liberty with that "best friend" description.

IMO, IM felt "motherly" concern for Nichole.

I noted that Nichole was facebook friends with only couple of family members, but no immediate family. Maybe there was friction, and she discussed this with IM. All just MOO.

Anyway, coming up on the two month mark. Think those lab results are due back yet?

Thanks for following up. I can't imagine ever being unhappy enough with someone over something like infidelity that I wouldn't feel absolutely horrid about a 19 year old girl who has possibly been murdered. Even if had been my own husband's lover.
But I do recognize that not everyone feels like that, which is why we have these horrid cases to begin with :(

Okay, you guys are going to have to help me out on this one because I don't quite understand where you are coming from.

We know IM at least has affection for Nichole, and her child.

We know IM must know by now that Nichole's husband was having an affair with Erin

We know that an affair at least put the Lee's marriage at risk, including stable family life for their little daughter.

Why is it surprising that IM wouldn't have that many good things to say about Erin? I'm actually asking you, both Dmacky and RSC, because I
don't understand your points of view.

I contacted The Morongo Basin Station, which is where CL was taken at the time of his arrest, and asked the deputy if they collect DNA as a matter of routine for someone who has been arrested for a felony. She said they DO NOT and only do so by way of a court order. Again, he may have given his consent at the time of his arrest but it isn't collected as a matter of routine. Fingerprints, however, are obtained as a routine procedure.

This is not a routine case. The fact of the matter is, they can LEGALLY collect DNA in California on any felony arrest. It's the special investigations/homicide team handling this case. And, they ain't talking to anybody about their techniques related to this case. For all we know, they did get a court order to collect CL's DNA.

Bottom line, I think it's very very safe to assume that LE already has CL's fingerprints and DNA, one way or another. Still, it may not matter!

If CL was having an affair with EC, it makes perfect sense that his fingerprints and DNA would be all over EC's vehicle. That is a big problem for LE. Even if CL's DNA is found on EC's body at some point in the future, it can still be explained away by the affair. LE absolutely LUCKED OUT that CL stupidly denied the affair early on and then admitted to kissing her. Still, IMO, if they find EC's body and charge CL with murder, he will change his tune in court and openly admit the affair; if for no other reason than to explain his DNA and fingerprints in her vehicle.

This is not a routine case. The fact of the matter is, they can LEGALLY collect DNA in California on any felony arrest. It's the special investigations/homicide team handling this case. And, they ain't talking to anybody about their techniques related to this case. For all we know, they did get a court order to collect CL's DNA.

Bottom line, I think it's very very safe to assume that LE already has CL's fingerprints and DNA, one way or another. Still, it may not matter!

If CL was having an affair with EC, it makes perfect sense that his fingerprints and DNA would be all over EC's vehicle. That is a big problem for LE. Even if CL's DNA is found on EC's body at some point in the future, it can still be explained away by the affair. LE absolutely LUCKED OUT that CL stupidly denied the affair early on and then admitted to kissing her. Still, IMO, if they find EC's body and charge CL with murder, he will change his tune in court and openly admit the affair; if for no other reason than to explain his DNA and fingerprints in her vehicle.

Remember that IM also stated that EC carpooled with CL/NL to the Horse Rescue, which would also put her DNA & fingerprints in their car(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop