GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, I am sure LE knows he is. I don't think so because he told Jane Valez-Mitchell that the guy in the red car could very well be CL when he was shown his photo.

I he were, friends with CL, I'm sure LE would know, too. And I'm sure the follow up interview would have scared him silly. Enough so that he wouldn't want to answer ANY more questions about what he saw. MOO

I also think the arrest of CL on July 4th for the potato gun was a red herring. LE knew he was moving to Alaska soon, and wanted to get his fingerprints and DNA.

Yes indeed. And with Mrs. CL stating "they missed something in our garage during the search" and "they'll never find the body".......well, seems like our LE heroes have a mighty good chance of being right. BTW the "quotes" are based on my recollection of the statements, not direct quotes to be perfectly fair.
That being said, I want to hear more from ol' Horse Ranch owner. She's gotten mighty quiet all of a sudden, whereas that gal was chatty as a child all sugared up at one point. She sure seems to know an awful lot about an awful lot. Can hardly wait to see her cross examined. It's also unbelievably suspicious to see the L couple abruptly skedaddle up to the high country in Alaska. If they weren't directly involved in the disappearance, any innocent couple would have stayed put lest face the scrutiny and suspicion they are under now. Can you imagine having your face splattered all over PEOPLE magazine? Good grief! CL should have acted like a MAN and stayed put and answered questions. What a COWARD. Good thing he left the Marines. They don't look kindly upon COWARDS.
Of course this is just all OPINION and SPECULATION.

I can see MB being the water guy. Saturday he saw someone getting out of one vehicle getting into another. Not really anything to report to LE and EC wasn't even reported missing yet. Then he hears on the radio about EC being missing and the description of the car. So he drives back by and sees the car is still there and calls it in. MOO

Yes indeed. And with Mrs. CL stating "they missed something in our garage during the search" and "they'll never find the body".......well, seems like our LE heroes have a mighty good chance of being right. BTW the "quotes" are based on my recollection of the statements, not direct quotes to be perfectly fair.
That being said, I want to hear more from ol' Horse Ranch owner. She's gotten mighty quiet all of a sudden, whereas that gal was chatty as a child all sugared up at one point. She sure seems to know an awful lot about an awful lot. Can hardly wait to see her cross examined. It's also unbelievably suspicious to see the L couple abruptly skedaddle up to the high country in Alaska. If they weren't directly involved in the disappearance, any innocent couple would have stayed put lest face the scrutiny and suspicion they are under now. Can you imagine having your face splattered all over PEOPLE magazine? Good grief! CL should have acted like a MAN and stayed put and answered questions. What a COWARD. Good thing he left the Marines. They don't look kindly upon COWARDS.
Of course this is just all OPINION and SPECULATION.
BBM ~

Here ya go rose! This is the latest

http://www.kesq.com/news/search-for-...later/27196518

Does someone have cl court date. I looked in several places and it did not come up.

All we know is this :

Lee was charged on July 4th with possession of a destructive device. Lee secured a $25,000 bond according to police records and is scheduled to be arraigned in September

I also think the arrest of CL on July 4th for the potato gun was a red herring. LE knew he was moving to Alaska soon, and wanted to get his fingerprints and DNA.

I know they would have obtained his fingerprints, however, I'm not sure about his DNA unless he voluntarily gave it up at their request. Unfortunately, in California DNA is not automatically obtained upon arrest. It is only obtained under certain circumstances.

I just listened to it again; I think either of you could be right, but I am leaning more towards 77DH7 interpretation. It seems like he was talking about her passenger side, and then he skipped a beat and started talking about the red car.

You can't really justify your viewpoint even if based on just MSM though. You're right, car remotes are everywhere; which is why everyone knows you cannot lock a singular door with them. You lock the Entire Car. She's not likely to wait until she gets to the other car to lock hers. MB is not going to recall a simple remote locking as a significant enough detail to mention. It wouldn't be ambiguous to him if it was a remote locking, the car honks, lights flash, locks click, etc. "Maybe locked her door" Door , no "s"; singular, as in what you can only do while physically present at the object itself. And he didn't say 'locked her car'. Simple enough, right?

Has anyone thought that perhaps it wasn't EC OR CL in those cars? I know we've talked about NL wearing ballcaps. What if someone else picked her up? I know it's a stretch, but just brainstorming. Is there any scenario in which this could have been JC and NL, and they were trying to track down their missing spouses to see if they were together? I know this is unlikely, but...

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

I am still really struggling with the description of the guy in the red car; at one point MB says light colored, sandy hair, and NOT a big buff guy.
CL has dark hair, and is definitely buff. :/

I struggle with his accuracy as well. He later said the man could be CL when shown a photo. If the car was parked behind the blue car as he stated, I would think it was a bit more difficult to see the driver of the red car clearly because of the angle, not to mention the fact he was sitting inside.

I know they would have obtained his fingerprints, however, I'm not sure about his DNA unless he voluntarily gave it up at their request. Unfortunately, in California DNA is not automatically obtained upon arrest. It is only obtained under certain circumstances.

LE can indeed collect DNA and fingerprints during a felony arrest. I think it is likely they have CL's DNA and fingerprints from the military as well. It would be much easier for the sheriff dept to simply collect it at the time of his arrest.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dna-arrests-20140320-story.html

two possible other scenarios:

NL with a Marine whom she asked a favor/ride?

NL with a male volunteer or teen from the ranch whom she asked a favor? ETA: Not sleuthing, just a possible scenario based on the fact that NL/CL appear to have volunteered with past teen activities at the ranch and have been known to drive around other teens with them..

Has anyone thought that perhaps it wasn't EC OR CL in those cars? I know we've talked about NL wearing ballcaps. What if someone else picked her up? I know it's a stretch, but just brainstorming. Is there any scenario in which this could have been JC and NL, and they were trying to track down their missing spouses to see if they were together? I know this is unlikely, but...

what is the general consensus on AK media not picking up this story? It surprises me, because we know MSM loveeesssss stories like this. Is it just a "protecting our own" mentality?

two possible other scenarios:

NL with a Marine whom she asked a favor/ride?

NL with a male volunteer or teen from the ranch whom she asked a favor? ETA: Not sleuthing, just a possible scenario based on the fact that NL/CL appear to have volunteered with past teen activities at the ranch and have been known to drive around other teens with them..

I would think if NL recruited someone just to give her a ride, they would have come forward. Why risk being found out later if you're only "guilty" of giving a ride to a friend?

I would think if NL recruited someone just to give her a ride, they would have come forward. Why risk being found out later if you're only "guilty" of giving a ride to a friend?

Thinking on it, I guess someone could have come forward and we just aren't aware.

Maybe they have and we just don't know?

what is the general consensus on AK media not picking up this story? It surprises me, because we know MSM loveeesssss stories like this. Is it just a "protecting our own" mentality?

Yes, I feel that is why the media in Alaska isn't picking it up. He has not been named as a suspect by LE (and LE went as far as to state they have no suspects or persons of interest identified several weeks after the search warrants were served .) They may think it possible that LE hit a wall with their investigation of CL after serving those warrants very early in their investigation and may have started moving in another direction with their investigation (possibly supported by the remaining sealed search warrants.) Without an arrest for her disappearance, without him being named as a suspect, and no one on record with other news sources proving he actually had an affair, they may see him as nothing more than a local hero who served his country, was honorably discharged, and moved back to his hometown with his family. I also don't see reporters in Alaska really caring about the charges against him in California for having a dismantled potato gun in his possession. At the very least, he hasn't even answered to those charges so if on the slight chance they did care they probably wouldn't report on it until he responds in September. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop