GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, the Marines are a sub branch of the U.S. Navy.

My guess is they "asked" JC not to comment on the situation. Even though they may not be legally tell him he can not speak of it, if your CO "ask or request" you to remain silent, as a Marine you are going to honor that request! Also if JC plans to remain in the Marines, not complying would, not might, hurt he career. I also believe the military is as responsible as LE for the lack of information being released. This is a major PR problem for both. Eight years service and a Vietnam vet. I realize the military has changed over time, but not that much as to not to attempt damage control. Hope I am wrong here. Peace to all and I hope this weekend is a success!

I want to take this time to thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam Era army wife. Hubby didn't go but it hung over our heads for 6 years until he was issued his DD214 and final discharge.
Because of the climate when our troops came back from Nam, I never pass up the opportunity to say thank you and more importantly to say "Welcome Back" since that wasn't done originally.

I do have to say, when my husband was drafted into the U.S. Army and was stationed in another state, it was MY choice to join him in that other state, away from my family and away from my friends. I knew he was going into the military when I married him. I didn't get to cry cuz he was assigned to a different state and I was going to be leaving my family.

I imagine the Corwin's knew this as well. She could have chosen to stay in TN with her family while he was stationed at 29 Palms.

I want to take this time to thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam Era army wife. Hubby didn't go but it hung over our heads for 6 years until he was issued his DD214 and final discharge.
Because of the climate when our troops came back from Nam, I never pass up the opportunity to say thank you and more importantly to say "Welcome Back" since that wasn't done originally.

Great post! :) I too, say to shadetree44 Thanks for your service. :) And to your husband as well, Seajay. And to you Seajay for being an Army Wife!
(Off topic):
For myself, my dad served 2 tours of Viet-Nam, the first was during the Tet Offensive. Very scary time! Both tours were scary! And scary for me watching it unfold on TV knowing
that my dad was there. And not knowing if he would come home....... And he did come home!!! Unfortunately many did not....
I am grateful for everyone's service, during war time and peace.
IMOO.

So, getting back to Erin....
Where are you? Maybe this search will yield results.
IMOO.

I do have to say, when my husband was drafted into the U.S. Army and was stationed in another state, it was MY choice to join him in that other state, away from my family and away from my friends. I knew he was going into the military when I married him. I didn't get to cry cuz he was assigned to a different state and I was going to be leaving my family.

I imagine the Corwin's knew this as well. She could have chosen to stay in TN with her family while he was stationed at 29 Palms.

Yes, she definitely could have chosen to stay in TN.

I chose to follow my Marine spouse to 29 Palms twice....once before he went to Vietnam and again when he returned.

Great post! :) I too, say to shadetree44 Thanks for your service. :) And to your husband as well, Seajay. And to you Seajay for being an Army Wife!
(Off topic):
For myself, my dad served 2 tours of Viet-Nam, the first was during the Tet Offensive. Very scary time! Both tours were scary! And scary for me watching it unfold on TV knowing
that my dad was there. And not knowing if he would come home....... And he did come home!!! Unfortunately many did not....
IMOO.

Ah Treelights, thank you. It was a scary time for sure. Your father is a hero to me, all the men and women who went and fought for our country are. It takes special people to dedicate themselves and risk their lives for the freedoms we all enjoy.

I was just talking with hubby about how important the individual branches of our military were to each person who was a member of them. There is a certain pride in each branch. Each branch is unique and has a certain set of skills and proficiencies. For those who have served in those branches understand that. The must insulting thing to someone in the Navy is to be called a soldier, for they are a sailor. There is an unspoken competition between the different branches yet they act as one while defending our freedoms. It's a military mindset, I guess. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

Ah Treelights, thank you. It was a scary time for sure. Your father is a hero to me, all the men and women who went and fought for our country are. It takes special people to dedicate themselves and risk their lives for the freedoms we all enjoy.

I was just talking with hubby about how important the individual branches of our military were to each person who was a member of them. There is a certain pride in each branch. Each branch is unique and has a certain set of skills and proficiencies. For those who have served in those branches understand that. The must insulting thing to someone in the Navy is to be called a soldier, for they are a sailor. There is an unspoken competition between the different branches yet they act as one while defending our freedoms. It's a military mindset, I guess. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

Thank you for saying my father is a hero to you! You just made me cry...tears of joy, though.
I love my father. :)

Took a break from here and have been on the Jenise Wright case the past few days :(....... was anxious to check in here & see if there were new developments for Erin's case....more searchers this weekend for Erin? Sending positive vibes out that something will be revealed soon....:peace:

Yes, the air force is a recognizable division in the military. Marines aren't all that well established.

I really don't get why we're fighting over what branch of the army he's in. It's not that important. What is important is that the army seems to be far too important to him than it would be to a normal person in his situation. That's all I'm saying :moo:

Not to mention he needed to say something about his missing wife, a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago

WOW

Just WOW.

The Marine Corps is the ELITE branch of the armed forces.

NOT established??????? smh. They've been around OVER TWO HUNDRED YEARS!!!

Not just ANYONE can be a Marine.

THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES!!!!!!!

Back to the topic: What I think is that the Marines did not order JC not to give interviews but strongly suggested he not give interviews. In military speak, it amounts to the same thing.

Because according to that link given earlier today again, EC's mother stated they were specifically told by the Marines not to give interviews and that he was told not to as well.

If JC plans on having any type of career in the Marines when this is over, he knows what he has to do. IMO, IME.

WOW

Just WOW.

LOL I knew this was coming. See my post #828.

WOW

Just WOW.

AND they are Navy not Army and yes-that does matter. And it matters even more when we are talking about a missing Marine wife.

WOW

Just WOW.

:goodpost::tyou: A simple "thank you" doesn't seem sufficient.

Heck, he could even be helping the investigation right now by begging the Sheriff's to release more information to the public to get more sightings and possibly tack down a search location. Is his army career really worth all this?

BBM. Marine! Big no no to confuse the two. And it wouldn't be just losing his career. He could be dishonorably discharged, which would follow him the rest of his life. Every potential employer would see this. There could be years of being dragged through military court and fines to pay. You can't have a platoon who doesn't obey their CO. That would be deadly in the field.

1969 was a bad year. Glad your dad made it home. Two tours in country, he had an angel on his shoulder. Give him my best. 50K of our guys did not make it out. You just have to get past it.

Great Explanation!! Was trying to put that together in my head so I would not insult anyone when I saw your post. That is exactly right! As you stated, anyone being in the military understands that difference. Thanks for the help.

My son is in the Navy and it was on here that when talking about soldiers most are talking about people in the Army. I always though soldier was a generic term for anyone serving in the armed forces. Boy did I get schooled! :)

Yes, she definitely could have chosen to stay in TN.

I chose to follow my Marine spouse to 29 Palms twice....once before he went to Vietnam and again when he returned.

(Off topic):
IMOO.

More heroes! Thank you to all your loved ones who served, and thank you for your sacrifice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop