GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a picture of Erin with her hair pulled back in a ponytail? In a baseball cap? With sunglasses on? The more I study NL's Facebook (particularly post-6/28 activity) and Pinterest (10 weeks pre-6/28 'til now), the more heebie-jeebies set in. For those who've come up empty handed when sleuthing C & N L, and using NL's maiden name, (imo) about all you can get without a background check subscription or a PI is their high school mentions. I've only been able to find what I think is CL's childhood home from the AK property records, which is still owned by his parents. --- what's crazy is CL has a Pinterest account but I didn't sense anything other than he seemed fed up with 29 and the USMC. From NL's Pinterest, you can definitely make your own conclusions of her mental and emotional timeline and make it coincide with all that we think we know.

I've been tearing through Facebook photos and press videos and photos all day trying to find a recent shot I know I saw of the "green Honda" (CL supposedly "borrowed" from IM) parked inside the gates of WRHR. Darn, if I can't find it now but know I took the time to zoom in on it and think, 'okay, that's the car we're talking about where the potato gun was retrieved'. The picture I saw was definitely not and I don't believe could have been mistaken for a shiny, clean, newer model red compact sedan. I believe we are dealing with two separate cars and IM's green compact has nothing to do with what MB claims to have seen, colorblind or not. I hear "red rental car" screaming at me!

I wouldn't put it past the Lee's to bring in a third party. Yes, supposedly NL has her 6/28 alibi by being home with their daughter. CL says he was out hunting that day. NL could have (easily??) imposed on a friend/neighbor to watch the 6/7 yo daughter for an hour while she ran to the store. That would give her enough time to drive her husband to the car rental location, send him on his way to set the scene, then get back home to her daughter. CL "rendezvous" with EC someplace around 8:00am...well enough time for EC to leave home at 7:00am and drive to JTNP :)23), take some photos for her alibi, and then meets CL in or around JT, jumps in his disguise car, and comes to her demise all before 9:30. CL either disposes of evidence in a shallow grave, mine, or keeps it in the red car. CL drives the red car to meet and pick up NL (who's off to the store or yoga again and needs a short-term caregiver), they meet right off base and drive to EC's car, NL retrieves and relocates it to Ranch/Valle, cleans the interior, and waits for CL to pick her up. 10:00- MB notices the blue car. 10:30- MB passes back by and sees NL exiting the blue car and climbing in the red car with her "bag".

CL and NL meet up with the third party who takes the red car and disappears. NL and CL go on with their day, pack, and work on their story to LE. Heck, at this point, it may have been IM that MB saw! She certainly fits the ball cap, ponytail, glasses description. I still feel it was NL, and IM is just being loyal...something she'll regret come trial time. Her phone and camera interviews disgust me and wreak of horse doo-doo.

Has anyone taken the time to download any of the photos we feel were taken by EC to see the camera properties? All we know is that the camera confiscated in the search warrant was a Canon digital....and I have one of those too. That wouldn't tell us much, but it's at least some hope to lean on that it could have been hers...And pictures don't lie! I'll work on the photo properties thing next chance I get to satisfy my own curiosity, unless somebody chimes in beforehand and saves me the time!!

One last post before my weary eyes close... The Enterprise car rental is 1/2 mile/:02 from the Lee's residence and is the only car rental franchise I can find in 29. Would they be that bold?? Or, if the haunting thoughts I can't shake are on to something, did a third party fly in and drive the car from another location (LAS, LAX, etc)? Arrrgh, have to sleep on it again! I cannot imagine what Erin and Jon's families go through every passing night when it's time for them to sleep. Praying for answers and closure for these people.

Has anyone taken the time to download any of the photos we feel were taken by EC to see the camera properties? All we know is that the camera confiscated in the search warrant was a Canon digital....and I have one of those too. That wouldn't tell us much, but it's at least some hope to lean on that it could have been hers...And pictures don't lie! I'll work on the photo properties thing next chance I get to satisfy my own curiosity, unless somebody chimes in beforehand and saves me the time!!

There was a post back a few threads that stated Erin had a Canon camera that she used to take some photos she posted on an online album. This is the link to her album that was posted: https://www.popphoto.com/photo-contest/ybsaugust2012/photos/all/281888

I couldn't find the original post about the camera (might be my computer acting up or might have been deleted?) but I found the original post copied in a post replying to it (I know that sentence stinks...hopefully you understand what I am trying to convey here.) Here is the link to the post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Palms-28-June-2014-5&p=10777065#post10777065

One last post before my weary eyes close... The Enterprise car rental is 1/2 mile/:02 from the Lee's residence and is the only car rental franchise I can find in 29. Would they be that bold?? Or, if the haunting thoughts I can't shake are on to something, did a third party fly in and drive the car from another location (LAS, LAX, etc)? Arrrgh, have to sleep on it again! I cannot imagine what Erin and Jon's families go through every passing night when it's time for them to sleep. Praying for answers and closure for these people.

That is the Enterprise Car Rental that is on base, right? http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/wls.do?gpbr=32z4#

Yep, thanks! Now that you mention this I remember looking at this link. Canon EOS REBEL T3 ($299)- a digital SLR (and I'm by no means camera savvy) but not the pocket or compact style. Only LE knows whose camera and what's on it- hopefully some really telling stuff!

Myself and a reporter in CA contacted the Media, but they aren't interested at this time ! I roll my eyes and shake my head. We have other leads from the area that have been helpful.

DarkHorse, I found the scanner traffic. Your translation is off on those GPS coordinates, I believe. The deputy gives that LAT and LONG in a strange "degrees decimal" format. His coordinates translate to 34.107333,-115.77300 in DECIMAL format, which is near Hwy 62 and Gold Crown Rd.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...773,4433m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Converter here:
http://www.directionsmag.com/site/latlong-converter/

So, this is the location of an old looking burned out Toyota truck that the EC search teams first responded to on Monday morning before they found her Corolla. The audio of this initial dispatch begins on the 8:19am audio archive file at about 11:30 running time into the audio. It picks up again at the very end of the file around 27:30 running time and continues to the end of the file.

There is some chatter about it being an old truck that is pretty beat up and may have been there for a while. The teams soon realizes it is not EC's Corolla. Nevertheless, they stay on scene looking for "any of the tire track that match," meaning they already had some idea what type of Corolla tires they were looking for.

As they are out at that scene off Gold Crown Rd, they get the call that the water dept. employee has found the actual car, so they all go running over to Valle Vista and Ranch Rd.

EDIT: I posted this in the scanner forum too.

Listened again; the guy says "North thirtyfour six point four four by West One One five four six point three eight zero"

Well first the guy was talking while someone else was already talking and he got cut off so he trailed them with what sounded to me like "35 west" but when I listened again he said "3 by west" so there's going to be a 3 at the end of the north coordinates. Except he skipped the last two numbers in the North set when he repeated it for the dispatcher.

Time: June 30th just before 9:00am(~8:58am)

As mentioned earlier, if CL and NL moved the car together or they both did something to EC, etc., someone would have had to watch their child during this time. This would be a good line of inquiry for LE, imo.

As mentioned earlier, if CL and NL moved the car together or they both did something to EC, etc., someone would have had to watch their child during this time. This would be a good line of inquiry for LE, imo.

If the child already had plans that day, CL and NL wouldn't have needed to make special arrangements for her. What sports were in season in June in 29? For example, in my area, we've got youth swim teams, softball, baseball, and then some indoor sports (gymnastics, futsal, etc.) in June. She (the daughter) could also have been involved in a camp or girl scouts - our local bases have all sorts of youth camps and our girl scouts do camp-outs and special events all the time. JMO.

Enterprise on base opens at 8 on Saturday. I am having a hard time with rental car. I think they would have had enough to arrest someone if the car was rented in their name, on top of everything else. I'm guessing it was owned by someone. These are young testosterone filled guys. I'm betting many have red cars.

Edited--just go on Google maps and look at base. No shortage of red cars.

If the child already had plans that day, CL and NL wouldn't have needed to make special arrangements for her. What sports were in season in June in 29? For example, in my area, we've got youth swim teams, softball, baseball, and then some indoor sports (gymnastics, futsal, etc.) in June. She (the daughter) could also have been involved in a camp or girl scouts - our local bases have all sorts of youth camps and our girl scouts do camp-outs and special events all the time. JMO.

Believe she is still younger-mom would prob need to be there although if the L's went riding together on the weekends, maybe they had child care at the ranch......

Believe she is still younger-mom would prob need to be there although if the L's went riding together on the weekends, maybe they had child care at the ranch......

Based on what I read on FB, there is no childcare at the ranch from what I can tell.

Has anyone found a picture of Erin with her hair pulled back in a ponytail? In a baseball cap? With sunglasses on? The more I study NL's Facebook (particularly post-6/28 activity) and Pinterest (10 weeks pre-6/28 'til now), the more heebie-jeebies set in. For those who've come up empty handed when sleuthing C & N L, and using NL's maiden name, (imo) about all you can get without a background check subscription or a PI is their high school mentions. I've only been able to find what I think is CL's childhood home from the AK property records, which is still owned by his parents. --- what's crazy is CL has a Pinterest account but I didn't sense anything other than he seemed fed up with 29 and the USMC. From NL's Pinterest, you can definitely make your own conclusions of her mental and emotional timeline and make it coincide with all that we think we know.

I've been tearing through Facebook photos and press videos and photos all day trying to find a recent shot I know I saw of the "green Honda" (CL supposedly "borrowed" from IM) parked inside the gates of WRHR. Darn, if I can't find it now but know I took the time to zoom in on it and think, 'okay, that's the car we're talking about where the potato gun was retrieved'. The picture I saw was definitely not and I don't believe could have been mistaken for a shiny, clean, newer model red compact sedan. I believe we are dealing with two separate cars and IM's green compact has nothing to do with what MB claims to have seen, colorblind or not. I hear "red rental car" screaming at me!

I wouldn't put it past the Lee's to bring in a third party. Yes, supposedly NL has her 6/28 alibi by being home with their daughter. CL says he was out hunting that day. NL could have (easily??) imposed on a friend/neighbor to watch the 6/7 yo daughter for an hour while she ran to the store. That would give her enough time to drive her husband to the car rental location, send him on his way to set the scene, then get back home to her daughter. CL "rendezvous" with EC someplace around 8:00am...well enough time for EC to leave home at 7:00am and drive to JTNP :)23), take some photos for her alibi, and then meets CL in or around JT, jumps in his disguise car, and comes to her demise all before 9:30. CL either disposes of evidence in a shallow grave, mine, or keeps it in the red car. CL drives the red car to meet and pick up NL (who's off to the store or yoga again and needs a short-term caregiver), they meet right off base and drive to EC's car, NL retrieves and relocates it to Ranch/Valle, cleans the interior, and waits for CL to pick her up. 10:00- MB notices the blue car. 10:30- MB passes back by and sees NL exiting the blue car and climbing in the red car with her "bag".

CL and NL meet up with the third party who takes the red car and disappears. NL and CL go on with their day, pack, and work on their story to LE. Heck, at this point, it may have been IM that MB saw! She certainly fits the ball cap, ponytail, glasses description. I still feel it was NL, and IM is just being loyal...something she'll regret come trial time. Her phone and camera interviews disgust me and wreak of horse doo-doo.

Interesting theory!

I read about Missy Avila today (watched the movie too-excellent). Her two best friends murdered her (in the 80's) and had another girl present during the incident. One of the murderers even moved in with the victim's mother. A few years later the witness to the murder finally confessed all to the police. Can you imagine that two girls could not only think to harm their friend but also discuss it and actually carry it out? They intimidated the witness so much so that she was unable to reveal the truth for years.

I think it's possible that there were two or even three people involved in Erin's disappearance. I hope that one of them breaks down and confesses because looking for Erin is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Very difficult.

DarkHorse, I found the scanner traffic. Your translation is off on those GPS coordinates, I believe. The deputy gives that LAT and LONG in a strange "degrees decimal" format. His coordinates translate to 34.107333,-115.77300 in DECIMAL format, which is near Hwy 62 and Gold Crown Rd.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...773,4433m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Converter here:

So, this is the location of an old looking burned out Toyota truck that the EC search teams first responded to on Monday morning before they found her Corolla. The audio of this initial dispatch begins on the 8:19am audio archive file at about 11:30 running time into the audio. It picks up again at the very end of the file around 27:30 running time and continues to the end of the file.

There is some chatter about it being an old truck that is pretty beat up and may have been there for a while. The teams soon realizes it is not EC's Corolla. Nevertheless, they stay on scene looking for "any of the tire track that match," meaning they already had some idea what type of Corolla tires they were looking for.

As they are out at that scene off Gold Crown Rd, they get the call that the water dept. employee has found the actual car, so they all go running over to Valle Vista and Ranch Rd.

You guys are AMAZING!!!

The phrases "We are looking for a crime scene" and "Although suspicious circumstances have existed from the inception of this investigation" don't quite explain the Voluntarily Missing listing, huh? Just because that can't be ruled out, does that keep LE from listing her as Missing-Unknown or Missing-Suspicious Circumstances?

Converter here:

Listened again; the guy says "North thirtyfour six point four four by West One One five four six point three eight zero"

Well first the guy was talking while someone else was already talking and he got cut off so he trailed them with what sounded to me like "35 west" but when I listened again he said "3 by west" so there's going to be a 3 at the end of the north coordinates. Except he skipped the last two numbers in the North set when he repeated it for the dispatcher.

Time: June 30th just before 9:00am(~8:58am)

You are correct in the numbers. But for both the North and West coordinates the first numbers he is reading are in DEGREES and the second numbers are DECIMAL.

North 34° 6.44 -- West 115° 46.380

To convert this combo degrees-decimal coordinate, you have to use the MIDDLE converter of the three posted here:

The one that looks like this:
Degrees: Minutes.M:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics