GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was already discussed, but is there a ping from where her cell phone last was? If not, then why was her phone turned off so soon?

Maybe this was already discussed, but is there a ping from where her cell phone last was? If not, then why was her phone turned off so soon?

I have always suspected since she was meeting for a liaison with another man, she might have turned it off herself as to not leave a footprint on where she might have gone. Especially if she thought she was going to have a special day with CL and hopes that they may be more so she wouldn't want to give up her rendezvous sight. IMO, MOO.

I have always suspected since she was meeting for a liaison with another man, she might have turned it off herself as to not leave a footprint on where she might have gone. Especially if she thought she was going to have a special day with CL and hopes that they may be more so she wouldn't want to give up her rendezvous sight. IMO, MOO.

Well, I would think turning off the phone when saying you're going to the JTNP would be even more suspicious to her husband if he tries calling her. And, considering she already texted a friend where she was going, seems like she'd want to keep it on... this coming of course from me, a girl who rarely turns off her phone.

Also could be that she got in the car with CL and he asked her to turn the phone off, either because he told her he didn't want someone interrupting them or for her to be distracted. I can see a gullible 19 year old who liked to text believing that.

I'm pretty sad, too! Not entirely surprised, as he has battled lifelong bipolar disorder. But sad.

O/T That's so strange because the other day I was watching Pacific Heights (I'm on a Michael Keaton kick. So after seeing Batman's 1 and 2 naturally I'll watch the psychokiller version of Keaton next) and the street scene comes up and I was like 'wow this all takes place like three doors down from Mrs. Doubtfire's place.' I love "Mrs. Doubtfire" so much and have seen it so many times that I recognize the Doubtfire house in the background of an eight second scene in a horror-thriller movie shot three years before it was even staged. All the great actors keep dying and we're stuck with Justin Bieber and the likes of Chris Lee? I'm starting to think that hell might BE earth.

Well, I would think turning off the phone when saying you're going to the JTNP would be even more suspicious to her husband if he tries calling her. And, considering she already texted a friend where she was going, seems like she'd want to keep it on... this coming of course from me, a girl who rarely turns off her phone.

BBM

Phones don't work everywhere in JTNP. If she was in the habit of turning it off so it didn't wear down the battery by "roaming" JC might not have thought it was weird if he couldn't reach her.

I think LE was a bit embarrassed when MB first gave his interview on TV and they hurried up and re-interviewed him and his sister the next morning. I think, privately, LE does not believe the red car report is related. They have timeline problems with MB and his sister's report. However, LE is not willing to say on the record that they don't believe MB. This is why the media cannot report it, because no one from SBCSD will go on the record and say the MB story is false. In fact, LE is not going on the record and saying anything, which is part of the problem.

Even after they found the Jeep tire tracks, LE said nothing like, "We believe Erin may have been transported in a Jeep Cherokee and we are asking members of the public who may have seen a dark colored Jeep in the desert to give us a call." Nothing like that was put out. Why? Were they afraid of getting too many false leads? Who knows.

I have spoken to MB on his cell phone. He tells me he is not color blind. He believes the woman he saw could have been either NL or EC but he can't be sure either way.

Regarding the search of JTNP. Keep in mind that they have not limited their search to JTNP. They also have searched outlying areas to the east, to the north, and near the base. This tells me the search is not based solely on surveillance video of EC entering the park and not exiting, for example. It may be they only have video of EC leaving the base, we don't know.

However, we do know that LE is searching old, abandoned mines; and not just abandoned mines inside JTNP. This tells me that LE discovered that CL had searched mine locations on his computer. If that is the case, it makes perfect sense that LE would be searching mine locations all over the place, not just inside JTNP, which is exactly what they have been doing.

Way to go!!! :applause:

I was told that there is no "red car" in this case and that MB gave a bogus report.

On Websleuths we look for links when someone posts something as if it's a fact. I'm wondering why you aren't replying to everyone's request that you post a link? Or is this just that same, tired Facebook comment which has been noted as being a rumor many, many times? If that's the case, it may or may not be true, but if you read through the posts in this case you will see it has been exposed numerous times as just being a rumor. If you have something new, by all means post the link.

BBM

Phones don't work everywhere in JTNP. If she was in the habit of turning it off so it didn't wear down the battery by "roaming" JC might not have thought it was weird if he couldn't reach her.

Well, that's why I ask if anyone knows where it last pinged from... and if in JTNP, then we know she made it there.

i cant believe this hasnt been solved yet, i thought for sure an arrest was coming soon after the affidavit was released... :(

Why would he be memorizing a license plate number? Its not like he knew what he was seeing was of significance. It didn't look like a crime was in progress. If I saw someone switching cars and it didn't look like they needed help I'd be on my merry way too and wouldn't give it a second thought

What is the story on the Red Car?

1. Two unrelated persons looking at the blue vehicle.
2. Unknown person (male) picking up driver of blue car. Depending on how you reason, either EC or NL. Any chance the red car had Tennessee Plates? Just thought I’d ask.
3. CL driver, NL was woman leaving blue car and entering red car.
4. JC driver, NL was woman leaving blue car and entering red car.
5. CL driver, MI was woman leaving blue car and entering red car. (doubtful)
6. I don’t think JC and MI would be working together on this.
7. I don’t think it would be JC picking up EC.
8. Red car does not exist. Never was there.
9. Choose your poison folks!!

It has been posted (tvscum: Thread 8, #474), that he (tvscum) had called MB and confirmed: (1) MB is not color blind, (2) That the woman could have been either EC or NL, MB is not sure which person.

MB was pretty darn specific about the type of vehicle he saw. He said Kia or Hyundai Accent, a red four door. (tvscum: Thread 8, #487)

Yes, he (MB) was sure it was not a Jeep Cherokee. (tvscum: Thread 8, #489)

I think MB is legit. I also think LE was some solid data and know where they are going with this case. Normally if additional info or tips are needed, LE will ask the public for assistance.

This is also a PR nightmare for the military (government). This may also be the reason why there is very little information being released. I hope this case does not just go away.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the relationship situation, A PERSON IS MISSING, and could possibly have met foul play. Whoever is responsible for this (if a crime has been committed) needs to be brought to justice.

Although there appears to be strong evidence as to who may be involved, and some of us (me included) would like to have a serious “Come to Jesus” conversation with certain folks, we have to stay vigilant and continue to gather and evaluate information until it is confirmed we have the correct people before action is taken. Just my .02

But then her husband could have tracked her NOT going to JTNP, the she has some 'splainin to do. Better to turn it off and say she did for some reason and forgot to turn it on then to have him track her to wherever she went that wasn't JTNP. IMO.

Perhaps the car didn't have plates. MB stated the red car he saw was brand new. "It looked like a little red Hyundai or a little red Accent. You know, it was a small car, it was a new - brand -- new car. " Brand new cars sometimes don't have plates.

I thought about Erin last night as I was watching Shark Week.:croc: The scientists were looking for a great white shark named Colossus, in the big ocean. One shark in a big ocean. And they found him. I got a little mad, then I got very, very sad. I will NEVER understand how they can find one shark in a big ocean, but not a young lady.

IMO- I still believe that Erin left and met up with somebody she trusted. She got in the car with them and they drove to wherever (probably a mine)and they were shooting guns (or whatever they do for special events)
I believe they got out of the car. They were probably talking or whatever- and that person blindsided her with a quick weapon (like a gun) Her body was either left there or dumped in a close by mine. That person probably disposed of the weapon where Erin is. No mess. Somebody else even suggested that person may have just pushed Erin in the mine. That's possible, but I believe the person shot her then pushed her body in the mine.

Every ID show I've watched that involves a desert- it always seems to take forever to find a body. I may have mentioned once, but there was a hiker that was missing. They looked for him everywhere. Big search teams. A few years later they found him LESS than a mile from his campsite. He had fell in a crevice in the earth. There are so many cracks and crevices out there.

Now after saying that- I do also wonder if maybe Erin went out in the desert to take pictures and fell in one? I doubt that's what happened, but it does cross my mind sometimes. Especially considering the police haven't said they have a POI and the fact that they haven't ruled anybody out either. Then the police say stuff like they were not ruling out that she left voluntary.

http://www.z1077fm.com/six-weeks-missing-still-no-evidence-of-crime-in-erin-corwin-case/

Sloppy reporting. It infuriates me when glaring errors are printed/produced. Does no one proofread anymore? Is there a race to get the scoop that reporters are this careless?

It says she DID return home. The proofreaders need a proofreader. I see this all the time in my local news. They are replying on spell check, I think. Spell check only corrects spelling errors not incorrect facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop