GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A mannequin showed up in my garage one day (assume it was from thieving teenagers, probably mine, didn't ask) and I used it on the front porch for a few years at Halloween, and then threw it away in a dumpster upside down with the legs sticking out. I was a bit worried someone would think it was a dead body. Lol.

That's hilarious, Crayola!!!

I guess I'm the only one who has actually seen a mannequin in the desert, but it requires an explanation. A cabin near an area we visit burned down several years ago. The next time we were out there, people were saying that after the fire it was discovered the man living there had built a "basement of sorts" under the cabin. We walked over to take a look at the remains and sure enough there was a tiny basement half caved in under what was left of that cabin! I'm not sure what exactly he did down there, but I'm glad the kids were too young to ask any questions. lol Does anyone remember that scene in Foul Play when Goldie Hawn is looking out the window and she later turns around to see Dudley Moore had "prepared" the room for an adventure? It almost felt like we had stumbled upon that scene...mannequin and all. lol So that's my "mannequin in the desert" story! :)

I think I'm with you.....but lost on fit the description.

I think that can be taken as, does this fit the description. Potentially it could. Not sure how likely, but you never know. I can only see a pimple like bump though :dunno:

NL-FB-AL. Be a friend. Scratch-look at date. Be a Leader......fit the description.

Sorry for the riddle.

Well, well, well!!! Why am I always "Fascinated" by your posts? lol I tried to find more but came up empty handed. :(

Please reread the article then correct your post. A MARINE spokesman made the comment. nowhere is the army mentioned.

Okay, but if the marines aren't part of the army then why is the NCIS involved??

1969 was a bad year. Glad your dad made it home. Two tours in country, he had an angel on his shoulder. Give him my best. 50K of our guys did not make it out. You just have to get past it.

(Off Topic):
Yes, he was/is very fortunate. His first tour was 1967-1968, and the second was 1970-1971.
My dad has some interesting Viet-Nam stories.

wow

just wow.

The marine corps is the elite branch of the armed forces.

Not established??????? Smh. They've been around over two hundred years!!!

Not just anyone can be a marine.

The few, the proud, the marines!!!!!!!

oooooooo ra!

Okay, but if the marines aren't part of the army then why is the NCIS involved??

NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Naval, as in Navy, of which the Marine's are a part of. NCIS isn't Army, it's Navy.

Fwiw the marine corps sails w the navy because the marine corp is part of the navy. Actually to,further mess up this situ, the us army also has it's own fleet of boats, they Hv their own navy, waterborne, cuz they Hv boats In Hawaii Ft eustis va and ft story va. Just an FYI ;) we Hv lived these mos's so...personal exp ��
tryin to break it dwn for our dark horse ⭐️

Bickering is nonproductive. Please move past it.

Salem

Well, either the Army is lying, or they really did say these things to JC officially but then said something else unofficially, or JC had every opportunity to speak to the media. In any of these three cases, the implications are deeply disturbing.

Most disturbing of which would be JC willingly not saying anything at all. It is absolutely unconscionable for a husband to say nothing when his wife goes missing. Even Hannibal Lecter would have said something if his wife was missing for this long.

Yes, Hannibal Lecter would have said she went well with a good Chianti. :D Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I think it's perfectly possible and likely that the Marine Corps said one thing to JC officially, but that he was privately asked to keep his mouth shut. We are, after all, talking about the United States Government, who lied about how Pat Tillman died, and expect us to believe that Benghazi was over a stupid video. I'm sure his unit and CO are genuinely concerned about him. I think the chain of command are primarily concerned about how the Marines look through everything - including this.

I just barely believed him not saying anything because the army told him not to. What made that make some sense was the fact that he cared so much more about the army than he did for his wife, that he dragged her half way across the country to the middle of a sparse and scorching desert away from her friends, family and beloved animals, just to advance his marine career.

Well, the Army hasn't told him anything, because he's a Marine. Not the same thing. But, they are called orders for a reason. It's not like he kidnapped her and took her across country in his trunk. She drove herself out there and set up the apartment before he arrived. That sounds like she was pretty gung-ho about it at the time to me. Based on that, I don't really feel it's fair to conclude that he cared more about his career than his wife.

MW, frankly, I'm a little surprised at your reaction to Jonathan's silence given your statements in post #684 regarding IM. Why should you expect so much from someone who barely knew her, who actually managed to say something about Erin. Yet be content with so little, in fact absolutely nothing, from the person who professed to love her so much that he vowed to spend the rest of his life with her.

That's a fair question. JC has not said anything, obviously, so his motivations are unknown to me. Since JC is rumored to have gotten drunk and destroyed the apartment on Sunday, I take that to mean he was feeling very betrayed, hurt and angry. Being a woman, I can only guess what a young man would or would not do under those awful circumstances, especially also feeling the pressure of the Marine Corps watching everything he does.

On the other hand, I'm much closer to IM's age than I am to JCs, so I come closer to having a similar amount of life experience. Once that probably cause statement came out, and it became known she was involved, you couldn't shut her up. So, yes, I think the fact that she couldn't find anything nicer to say about Erin than she did is very telling. Did she have to speak warmly of her? Obviously not. She wasn't put on this earth to satisfy my expectations. But I still find it telling. I think her demonstrated inability to even feign genuine concern for Erin means it's more likely she would do anything she could to help CL and NL. That's just my take on the situation. I could be wrong.

Now, turn about is fair play. For someone who obviously feels quite strongly about adultery, aren't you being a bit hard on JC overall?

Jmo but if I had an affair and went missing, presumably leaving with the other man, I doubt my husband would make public pleas on my behalf. Maybe he does not want to work it out, does not want her back, just wants no part of her. It may be harsh, but emotions are pretty intense at times. Also I have almost never, if ever, seen it matter in the long run whether or not a spouse speaks out. Jmo

If soldiers are only Army -- which I did not know -- is there a general term that can be used to refer to somebody who's in the military but you don't know which branch?

If soldiers are only Army -- which I did not know -- is there a general term that can be used to refer to somebody who's in the military but you don't know which branch?

In my experience, most just state that he/she is in the military if the branch is unknown. There is no need to state sailor, marine, soldier, etc if you do not know the branch that they are in.

I have even heard the term military used, as in "he/she is military".

Yeh, it's called someone being in the military when you don't know the branch. I'm not being a smarty pants or anything, That's what you call them, is military personnel or serviceman/woman. Even the use of G.I. for Government Issue denotes the branch of the Army.

Its very dark in the desert now. One could still search mines using lights. I have not seen any reports of discovery. The PI has returned to his home in San Diego. My computer keeps referring me to articles on UFOs as the area Erin disappeared is known for them.

Back to the topic: What I think is that the Marines did not order JC not to give interviews but strongly suggested he not give interviews. In military speak, it amounts to the same thing.<snipped for space>

From what I have heard from good friends in the military (Army for what it's worth, but I imagine all branches are similar) even so much as a hint that they not give an interview would be enough to keep them from doing so, if they valued their future careers no matter what the outcome. It wouldn't even have to be an order IMO. I've asked one of my husband's friends in the Army about this case in general terms - not specific names or anything. I just told him I was curious how the military might respond and he immediately got kind of quiet - all he'd say was "I'm sure the guy would do what he's trained to do... so how's the weather out there?"

What if it's Jonathan or his family finally doing something? Isn't it strange that they would omit them from that statement?

Since she and Jonathan are married maybe they consider everyone family (whether it's by blood or marriage)? I agree it is unusual wording but it's also extremely unusual and stressful circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en