DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted yet? His mug shot from another arrest:

imagejpg1_zps7b53fd09.jpg

He's getting quite a collection of these... Isn't he...:no:

They looked at many mine shafts, maybe not 100 but they were looking everywhere. Experts explaining where the mines were to guide search teams.

No. They recovered rebar at the scene that was similar to what CL had at home. I think people are making a jump to say that he beat her. It doesn't say that anywhere.

I can't speak for others but that's where I am... they recovered rebar that matched what CL had. So it seems unlikely IMO that someone else put that rebar down there. It could've broken off in the mine shaft (they use rebar in mines don't they?) but why would CL have the same stuff? The fact that they mentioned it makes me think it was related to the crime somehow.

Given that any hope of finding her alive is gone, some tiny part of me hopes that maybe he hit her in the head from behind with the rebar and knocked her out before whatever else he did. I'd rather think she was out anticipating an enjoyable day and never knew what hit her. I know we have nothing showing this to be the case, it's just my hope for "best possible case in a horrible situation" (for lack of a better description).

LOCATION OF OCCURRENCE: Rose of Peru Mining District, East of Joshua Tree National Park

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Corwin was reported missing by her husband on June, 29, 2914. She was last seen on June, 28, 2014, at approximately 0700 hours. Through investigation, detectives determined Corwin and Lee were together on the morning of June 28, 2014. Corwin also informed a friend, a few days prior, that Corwin and Lee would be taking a "special" trip together, on June 28, 2014. During the investigation, detectives learned Corwin and Lee were having an affair, which Lee initially denied. Lee admitted to conducting internet searches regarding how to dispose of a human body. Lee also told detectives he was collecting tires on the morning Corwin disappeared. A witness also informed detectives that Lee asked him what was the best way to dispose of a human body. On June 30, 2014, a vehicle registered to Erin Corwin was found abandoned in the desert, near Valley Vista and Ranch, in Twentynine Palms. On Saturday, August 18, 2014, Corwin's body was located in a mine shaft, more than 125 feet down. A tire, .22 caliber fired cartridge casings and pieces of rebar were recovered at the scene as well. The head stamp on the fired cartridge casing was consistent with head stamps on .22 caliber casings recovered from Lee‘s vehicle and his residence. The rebar found near Corwin’s body was also consistent with pieces of rebar recovered from Lee’s vehicle. Tire impressions, consistent with the tire tread found on Lee‘s vehicle were located where Corwin’s vehicle was recovered by detectives. It is believed Lee picked Corwin up from the Location where her vehicle was located. Such evidence tends to lead detectives to believe Lee was the last person to have contact with Corwin, at the time of her disappearance.

During an autopsy, a forensic pathologist determined the manner of death to be homicide.

I'm a little perplexed by this too. Did she just plan on telling both men she was pregnant, maybe infer to each one that he was the daddy and see what sticks, who wanted her and the baby? I'm not understanding what she was doing but telling them both she was pregnant.
We might never know. Could be that she planned on staying with JC but thought the baby was CLs. Maybe she romanticized their relationship and although she knew he was moving ..she would always have his child?
If thays the case...CL couldve been afraid NL would find out eventually or he would have to pay to support the baby. JMO

DA office have not talked to anyone of the Corwins about the case.

Did the worthless *&(#^$%#*&^! beat Erin with the rebar AND shoot her??!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! And what's with the tire in the mine with her? I hope that this miserable (&^#^%&#*^%! Christopher Lee gets what he has coming to him, PLUS some. Sorry for my rant.

Prayers for Erin, her family and friends. So, so sad. RIP Erin.

BBM: If we, as complete strangers feel this sick, I can only imagine how the families must feel, including the parents of CL. They must all be so sad and disgusted.

Once again, so glad that many criminals are as stupid as %#*^. So helpful to LE. Jmo

Keep waiting to hear if he waived his extradition this afternoon. Hope he doesn't drag that out.

[/B]

BBM: If we, as complete strangers feel this sick, I can only imagine how the families must feel, including the parents of CL. They must all be so sad and disgusted.

I can't even imagine. Her husband. omg. I know no relationship is perfect, but what he is dealing with now... damn.

I don't think any posters have said for sure what CL did with the rebar because obviously we don't know. In my previous post/rant where I mentioned the rebar, I was simply asking/wondering if it may have played a role in Erin's demise. JMO and just speculation/thoughts

Keep waiting to hear if he waived his extradition this afternoon. Hope he doesn't drag that out.

Let him drag it out. As long as he is in the slammer, he can drag whatever. Justice will come, and it will be swift. And that gives LE more time to get the goods on NL.

I wonder when he started looking up how to dispose of a body. I would love to be on this jury but I'm way too biased and opinionated to ever be picked.

I wonder when he started looking up how to dispose of a body. I would love to be on this jury but I'm way too biased and opinionated to ever be picked.

I doubt I will ever be jury material. I read too much into things, I love sleuthing and man do I have strong freaking opinions. And then, I would never ever sentence someone to death, so there goes my qualification for this one. Oh, and the fact that I don't live in sunny California :p

Let him drag it out. As long as he is in the slammer, he can drag whatever. Justice will come, and it will be swift. And that gives LE more time to get the goods on NL.

May not be swift if he fights extradition. Not sure how cooperative AK is. Especially when LE is talking about the DP. I am just thinking about his six years of service and whether it was just a job for him, or a calling. If a job, he likely has no special code of honor, Imo (well-obviously, but as far as owning up and doing the right thing now, I mean.)

Not meant to offend any military...my nephew joined the Navy at about age 21 to have a steady paycheck and a place to live...it was really good for him, he stayed in for six years, but it certainly was not a calling, so to speak.

I personally had a hard time sleeping last night thinking of her down there and hoping she didn't know she was there.

Thankful CL is a moron because it seems like Erin's family will get the answers they need for closure (circumstances around her demise). I mean- LE now has CL now asking how to dispose of a body, doing internet searches of mines in specific areas, both of them gone at same time, CL lying about his relationship with her, Erin telling who she is with and that she is pregnant with his child and that he is worried that his wife will find out and take their child away, spent casings with no gun, wife saying he is not keeping lies straight, and "they will never find the body". Not the smartest horses in the stable.....

I would have no issue with bias being a Juror. Yet I pray I never have to serve. I have had 3 notices and thankfully cases settled. Speaking to bias I would decide based on what I heard in Court. If it was a case I commented on here I would sure out it from the get go. It has to be life altering for Jurors in these horrific crimes. Could I sentence somebody to Death? You betcha. Being Canadian I will never be in that position. There are some cases I fully support the DP. IMO.

I don't know about Alaska but in San Bdo. County CPS doesn't typically get involved until a person has been convicted of a crime. Simply being charged with a crime or being a POI isn't enough for them to remove a child from a home.

The Lee's had to have seen this day coming and would hopefully have prepared for it. This is a stretch, but they can't possibly think that their 20 years of life experience would outsmart the 100 plus years of combined LE experience, can they? Let's just hope they didn't let their egos get in the way of what's best for any minor children that may come in to play. (I'm treading lightly so as not to irk the mod's.)

Honestly? Yes I think he/they thought that he/they had outsmarted everyone. If this was premeditated (and I believe it was) he/they HAD to have thought that he/they had committed the perfect crime otherwise what was the point in killing Erin if he/they thought that ultimately he/they would be caught.

I think they never thought that LE would keep up an active search for this long.

Mel

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they will have a change of venue because of the media coverage of this and how many people have heard about it and change it to my County. This would be one time I would love to be called to Downtown Los Angeles to have to serve. The last three times I've served, I've had to go to Dtwn LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l