GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a tragic case this is. The lesson in all of this isn't about the perils of naivety and infidelity. It is about the utter uselessness and cruelty (seems self-evident to most of us I know) of murder. Chris had his whole life ahead of him regardless of his supposed agonies of being caught between two women. Healthy choices could have been made. Hearts could have mended and healed. Instead he faces the prospect of spending his life behind bars. If the wife is on it as well then she too might spend a long time in prison. What a waste. How awful for their child. This seems obvious and typing it out borders on being silly but it's never, ever, ever a good idea to take the life of another. It's wrong, cruel, heartless and will only bring destruction. I hope this tragedy makes the Scott Petersons and Christopher Lees (if he is found guilty) of this world think twice about resorting to murder.

I am thinking he lured her to her death, that can bring higher charges, I think?

Also, doesn't a military person have a commanding officer who can maybe talk with CL, explain that the honorable thing to do now is confess, and not create more heartache? I wonder if that would help at all.

BBM: Something tells me the military would like to forget that Christopher Lee ever served along side them.

and they're all so young! This guy has been through more than most 40 year olds. When I read news accounts, it's all about Erin and her lover, the suspected father of her unborn child, and on and on, while her husband is just an afterthought...his 'life' as he knew it, was just an allusion and he's left picking up the pieces.

I can't even begin to imagine the pain this man is going through. It has to be unbearable. I really do hope he seeks counseling. Bad enough to have a wife who was cheating on him, bad enough that she got pregnant by the guy she was cheating with, bad enough everyone in the world knows he got cheated on and so many details of the affair, but to have her murdered by the guy on top of it??? No chance to work things out, no chance to express his feelings to her about what she did. Nothing. He already lost a child through a miscarriage. This poor man has had a lot of loss and grief. And who could blame him if he were angry about it all? Anger is one of the stages of grief. He has to be wondering what went wrong, what he could have done differently and there has to be an element of self-blame as well.

It's hard enough to process that your spouse cheated on you, let alone have to deal with all this additional stuff. IMO, MOO.

You pretty much summed up everything that I was trying to say to my husband about JC. On one hand he has to be so very hurt and on the other hand he has to be so very pissed off. He has more to deal with at his young age than most men will ever deal with in a life time.

What a tragic case this is. The lesson in all of this isn't about the perils of naivety and infidelity. It is about the utter uselessness and cruelty (seems self-evident to most of us I know) of murder. Chris had his whole life ahead of him regardless of his supposed agonies of being caught between two women. Healthy choices could have been made. Hearts could have mended and healed. Instead he faces the prospect of spending his life behind bars. If the wife is on it as well then she too might spend a long time in prison. What a waste. How awful for their child. This seems obvious and typing it out borders on being silly but it's never, ever, ever a good idea to take the life of another. It's wrong, cruel, heartless and will only bring destruction. I hope this tragedy makes the Scott Petersons and Christopher Lees (if he is found guilty) of this world think twice about resorting to murder.
and they're all so young and young people really can't see past the noses on their faces. I'm sure CL felt like he was trapped and his life was ruined, never realizing how resilient people really are, and how things have a way of working out and being ok. And I don't understand how someone could make the leap from 'I've got to get out of this mess', to murder. Even for a cold blooded, desperate person, I would think breaking into a pharmacy and stealing some kind of miscarriage pills, would have made more sense than all this. moo

You pretty much summed up everything that I was trying to say to my husband about JC. On one hand he has to be so very hurt and on the other hand he has to be so very pissed off. He has more to deal with at his young age than most men will ever deal with in a life time.

I agree and wish him well.

Would the military offer counseling services to Erin's family since she was a military wife? Just wondering.

Too bad he didn't get injured so that he couldn't have murdered Erin. I know - God is going to strike me down for saying that.

Interesting. On another site, they were saying he didn't serve. I wonder if his defense will claim he has PTSD and that played a role in this tragedy.

I don't see this coward confessing.

jmo

I agree and wish him well.

Would the military offer counseling services to Erin's family since she was a military wife? Just wondering.

I don't think they would be eligible for any military benefits. I'm a Navy mom and in the Navy's eyes it doesn't mean diddly.

Interesting. On another site, they were saying he didn't serve. I wonder if his defense will claim he has PTSD and that played a role in this tragedy.

I don't see this coward confessing.

jmo

I can definitely see a defense attorney grasping at that straw. They will grasp at just about anything they think might help their client. That's their job, even if it doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

and speaking of how young people react and don't react, I don't think enough can be said about Erin's friend who came forward with information and texts. She had a tough decision to make, and being so young, she very well could have chosen to stay out of it and protect her friend's reputation, thinking LE could solve this without her help. Without her, the husband would have been the obvious suspect, and by the time LE got around to maybe hearing something might have been going on between Erin and the neighbor, he would have been long gone. moo

Sherry Barkas from Desert Sun just tweeted that they found bullet casings and pieces of rebar in the mine shaft, per the arrest warrant. Has anyone found that outside of twitter?

ETA: if it is from an MSM reporter, can we link to twitter? Here is some info from Sherry Barkas
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ErinCorwin?src=hash

She also tweeted that CL researched ways to dispose of body on internet, according to arrest warrant.

BBM

That's good to know. If he were found not guilty in State court can he be retried in Federal or Military court? I seem to recall that happening with someone. .was it Jeffrey McDonald?

Mel

Yes, if found not guilty at the state level, he could be retried in military court

Desert sun is reporting the arrest warrant has been released, can't find it in this dang phone, uggg.
Might be in their site soon

Sherry Barkas from Desert Sun just tweeted that they found bullet casings and pieces of rebar in the mine shaft, per the arrest warrant. Has anyone found that outside of twitter?

ETA: if it is from an MSM reporter, can we link to twitter? Here is some info from Sherry Barkas
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ErinCorwin?src=hash

She also tweeted that CL researched ways to dispose of body on internet, according to arrest warrant.

Casings have been mentioned multiple times in MSM reports since late June - but not the rebar. I just did a google web search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they would be eligible for any military benefits. I'm a Navy mom and in the Navy's eyes it doesn't mean diddly.

I don't think so either. Benefits are just for military and their dependents for as long as they serve active duty or unless they retire from the military. Retired personnel would still have commissary rights, and medical, plus their pension. Their spouse has commissary rights, and medical. None of them really have any dental to speak of, they have to pay for a plan if they want one.

Relatives of military are persona non grata as far as the military is concerned. FWIK.

It looks like it is breaking news, and Desert Sun just hasn't had time to move it from twitter to their main site. But she is their reporter. Also the info about his internet searches. Did he really think he wouldn't be arrested????

Casings have been mentioned multiple times in MSM reports since late June - but not the rebar. I just did a google web search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ex-Marine accused of killing Erin Corwin admitted searching the Internet about how to dispose of a body, and .22-caliber cartridge casings at the mine shaft where she was found matched those found in his Jeep and home, according to an arrest warrant filed in California Superior Court.

Christopher Brandon Lee also asked a witness about the best way to dispose of a body and told investigators he was collecting tires the morning Corwin disappeared. A tire and pieces of rebar also were found at the mine shaft.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...opher-lee-murder-charge-erin-corwin/14294995/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734