GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherry Barkas from Desert Sun just tweeted that they found bullet casings and pieces of rebar in the mine shaft, per the arrest warrant. Has anyone found that outside of twitter?

ETA: if it is from an MSM reporter, can we link to twitter? Here is some info from Sherry Barkas
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ErinCorwin?src=hash

She also tweeted that CL researched ways to dispose of body on internet, according to arrest warrant.

This whole case is so sad. I almost hope he shot her and she didn't even know what happened, rather than think her last moments were spent in fear of someone she cared about. RIP Erin.

For once, I can say I'm glad for an idiot. Thank goodness he was so dumb to leave so many pieces of evidence. It seems that all he didn't do was write a full confession and put it in the mine.

The ex-Marine accused of killing Erin Corwin admitted searching the Internet about how to dispose of a body, and .22-caliber cartridge casings at the mine shaft where she was found matched those found in his Jeep and home, according to an arrest warrant filed in California Superior Court.

Christopher Brandon Lee also asked a witness about the best way to dispose of a body and told investigators he was collecting tires the morning Corwin disappeared. A tire and pieces of rebar also were found at the mine shaft.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...opher-lee-murder-charge-erin-corwin/14294995/

What a tragic case this is. The lesson in all of this isn't about the perils of naivety and infidelity. It is about the utter uselessness and cruelty (seems self-evident to most of us I know) of murder. Chris had his whole life ahead of him regardless of his supposed agonies of being caught between two women. Healthy choices could have been made. Hearts could have mended and healed. Instead he faces the prospect of spending his life behind bars. If the wife is on it as well then she too might spend a long time in prison. What a waste. How awful for their child. This seems obvious and typing it out borders on being silly but it's never, ever, ever a good idea to take the life of another. It's wrong, cruel, heartless and will only bring destruction. I hope this tragedy makes the Scott Petersons and Christopher Lees (if he is found guilty) of this world think twice about resorting to murder.

Ah rose, when my browser opened to this new page with your post at the top my eye misread it to say, "the lesson in all this isn't about the pe***..." and I thought "wow, rose it really putting it bluntly." My apologies for thinking that!

Here is the Warrant:
WARNING: GRAPHIC :(

FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

0f83f331401da8db31d61737410dd409.jpg

6c1a451558863609b60995a6abbb09ef.jpg

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Portals/8/PressReleases/2014/FMB1400414 Lee warrant and declaration.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ex-Marine accused of killing Erin Corwin admitted searching the Internet about how to dispose of a body, and .22-caliber cartridge casings at the mine shaft where she was found matched those found in his Jeep and home, according to an arrest warrant filed in California Superior Court.

Christopher Brandon Lee also asked a witness about the best way to dispose of a body and told investigators he was collecting tires the morning Corwin disappeared. A tire and pieces of rebar also were found at the mine shaft.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...opher-lee-murder-charge-erin-corwin/14294995/

I wonder if the witness that he asked about disposing a body was IM....

Collecting tires?

I thought he claimed he was hunting.

Actually it looks like California is a "partial" state when it comes to unborn babies. They need to be 7 to 8 weeks along.

California: California Penal Code § 187(a) says, “Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.” The words “or a fetus” were added by the legislature in 1970. The California Supreme Court later interpreted “fetus” to apply “beyond the embryonic stage of seven to eight weeks.” (People v. Davis, 1994) In addition, Penal Code § 190.2(3) makes a defendant eligible for capital punishment if convicted of more than one murder, and the California Supreme Court ruled that fetal homicide is included under this provision as well (People v. Dennis, 1998).

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

It wonder if there is a provision if the intent of the murder was to kill the fetus and the mother ... No matter how developed the fetus was....

:waitasec:

Rebar and tires? Ugh.

I feel sicker about this whole thing than I did before, if that's even possible.

Did the worthless *&(#^$%#*&^! beat Erin with the rebar AND shoot her??!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! And what's with the tire in the mine with her? I hope that this miserable (&^#^%&#*^%! Christopher Lee gets what he has coming to him, PLUS some. Sorry for my rant.

Prayers for Erin, her family and friends. So, so sad. RIP Erin.

So he shot her before pushing her in the mine shaft. Wonder if he bludgeoned her hence the rebar. Poor Erin. Malice aforethought, lying in wait, premeditated.

How did he get to that? He makes a mistake with Erin, and he decides his way out of it is to make her pay with her life. Jeez, this sounds so cold blooded. He felt nothing for her. How could he and then do that? I had thought all this time that in his mind, her dying was a "necessity", but this shows anger as well as feeling this is what he needed to do. What is wrong with this guy? How could he punish her with death for doing exactly the same thing he had done? Oh, this boy needs the DP. IMO, MOO.

Ah rose, when my browser opened to this new page with your post at the top my eye misread it to say, "the lesson in all this isn't about the pe***..." and I thought "wow, rose it really putting it bluntly." My apologies for thinking that!

omg best post of the day ---- I needed this! :laughing:

I know this opinion is not going to be popular, but I am inclined to agree with this concern. I can't think of any situation in which I am comfortable with the police outright lying to the public (if that is what happened--perhaps they really didn't have enough information at that time). A simple "we are not releasing any further details of this investigation" is the appropriate response. That said, I do want to give them the benefit of the doubt--they may truly have not had enough concrete evidence yet to rule out "voluntary" disappearance even though they THOUGHT it wasn't.

MOO LE didn't lie at all. They stated to the media that they have not "identified" or "named" any persons of interest or suspects and, up until their press conference at noon yesterday, they hadn't. Having cell phone pings putting CL in an area of the desert on Saturday and finding electronic interest in a specific area of the desert would not have meant much if they didn't then also locate the crime victim in that area. Finding Erin was crucial and I, for one, am not going to criticize the men and women who worked their butts off to find her. I would feel differently if there was a serial murderer on the loose and LE was being tight lipped about it but I think we can all agree that the general public wasn't at risk of entering into an affair with CL and ending up pregnant with his baby during the course of LE's investigation of Erin's disappearance.

Maybe the witness is his wife and/or ranch lady. After all, according to the Probable Cause Statement, it was NL who told them the 22 rifle was at the "ranch" and NL seems to be the first to mention a 22 caliber rifle (as far as we know at this point anyhow, according to Probable Cause Statement). Maybe, just maybe, she (NL) has been cooperating?? Thoughts?? Please don't throw tomatoes at me, I know I'm probably giving her credit where credit isn't due but it was just a thought.

ETA: Just to make my thoughts clear, I do NOT think NL was an innocent bystander. What I was trying to say is, to try and save herself, maybe she decided to help with the investigation. However, I DO think she played a part in Erin's demise.

I think I'm missing something as I don't find the graphic content?

The only reason I put that was because of reading what was found with her body may be difficult for some people and the talk about asking someone the best way to dispose of a human body etc. Sorry if it wasn't necessary to do that but I would rather be safe with the warning than not I guess. Sorry if it caused confusion, just looking out for fellow WS's.

The only reason I put that was because of reading what was found with her body may be difficult for some people and the talk about asking someone the best way to dispose of a human body etc. Sorry if it wasn't necessary to do that but I would rather be safe with the warning than not I guess. Sorry if it caused confusion, just looking out for fellow WS's.

No problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member