Found Deceased CA - Erin Elizabeth Henry, 22, Arcata, 30 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would want to hire a PI too and if I could not afford one I would be begging everyone to help in even though I am not one to ever ask for money. I did a little reading on the Humboldt Missing Five and when I saw Erin's picture I thought that she resembles the other missing girls but that could be a coincidence.

My child's neighbor and friend accidently hanged himself in the forest behind campus in their freshman year. It was absolutely heartbreaking but news and info traveled quickly. Within 24 hours it was determined to be an accident based on the fact that he was known to climb trees and the things he had with him and had left in the dorm. It was just a terrible accident. That is what confuses me most, so little information and it seems that there is so little urgency.

I would want to hire a PI too and if I could not afford one I would be begging everyone to help in even though I am not one to ever ask for money. I did a little reading on the Humboldt Missing Five and when I saw Erin's picture I thought that she resembles the other missing girls but that could be a coincidence.

My child's neighbor and friend accidently hanged himself in the forest behind campus in their freshman year. It was absolutely heartbreaking but news and info traveled quickly. Within 24 hours it was determined to be an accident based on the fact that he was known to climb trees and the things he had with him and had left in the dorm. It was just a terrible accident. That is what confuses me most, so little information and it seems that there is so little urgency.

I’m so sorry your child went through that. I remember that tragedy. Yes, Erin does resemble the other girls but I think it’s coincidence. There are more than 5. Some never get publicity. Most had some involvement in counterculture/drugs and sketchy people. I hope Erin has reputable friends.

I noticed on her mom's page there are a lot of comments from friends and family members who are basically all saying they are praying for her. That is another thing caught my attention. The delay in the reporting her missing, the delay in her mom getting to Arcata and then just prayers. I am not sure if she comes from a sheltered community or maybe there were existing mental health issues that they might be not making public.

Sheridan is a very small community in Wyoming. I'm not friends with the family, but I do know them because it's a small town - they're kind people. The delay could be financial, it could be because her step-dad is a teacher, it could be that there aren't flights from the tiny airport in Sheridan to CA. Likely they'll have to drive to Billings, MT or Denver, CO to get a flight to CA.

People sending prayers from this area is incredibly common and shouldn't be read into. I'm not saying that Erin does or doesn't have a mental illness - I only knew her in high school - but how the family and community is reacting seems very normal to me as a fellow Sheridanite.

IThat is what confuses me most, so little information and it seems that there is so little urgency.

Maybe I can see more posts because of my friends list, but I'd disagree. There is a lot of urgency. People who graduated 5-6 years before her are posting.

Sheridan is a very small community in Wyoming. I'm not friends with the family, but I do know them because it's a small town - they're kind people. The delay could be financial, it could be because her step-dad is a teacher, it could be that there aren't flights from the tiny airport in Sheridan to CA. Likely they'll have to drive to Billings, MT or Denver, CO to get a flight to CA.

People sending prayers from this area is incredibly common and shouldn't be read into. I'm not saying that Erin does or doesn't have a mental illness - I only knew her in high school - but how the family and community is reacting seems very normal to me as a fellow Sheridanite.

Thank you. This explains a lot. Arcata is a small town with a tiny airport too. As soon as I heard that Erin was missing I felt like she was my own child and I have been trying to think of any way to help from a distance. Early on I made a suggestion that the family should make a Facebook page dedicated to searching for her. Her uncle responded and said they would work on it. As soon as it went live I have been sharing the info on social media as much as possible. Searching anything I could think of online and I keep checking with my child to see if she hears anything.

In my searches I found her mom and step-dad's facebook page and I keep checking for any possible lead. I don't think prayers are bad but I figured that if funding was an issue then maybe they would have made a gofundeme account. I am 99% against financial crowdsourcing but this is one of the few cases that I think it is totally appropriate.

I hope my tone did not come accross wrong. I mean no ill will or judgement. I have been beginning to think that maybe her parents know what is going on and they want privacy. If that is the case then I understand and will back off.

Maybe I can see more posts because of my friends list, but I'd disagree. There is a lot of urgency. People who graduated 5-6 years before her are posting.

This is probably the case. Maybe the people in your social circle have private accounts so I am not able to view them. I was also thinking that maybe her parents are not super tech savy and are not aware of how to maximize the opportunity to spread information that way.

I initially became involved in missing person cases when a young girl in my community went for a jog and never came home. My husband and I went out and participated in the organized search efforts. Unfortunately the girl was killed by a local predator. Since then I have followed some missing person social media accounts and this forum. When Erin went missing I felt it was time to create an account here to post about Erin to try and get a lot views on her story but when I came here I found that a seasoned member had just posted Erin's story. I guess I am desperately trying to help in any way that I can.

This is probably the case. Maybe the people in your social circle have private accounts so I am not able to view them. I was also thinking that maybe her parents are not super tech savy and are not aware of how to maximize the opportunity to spread information that way.

I initially became involved in missing person cases when a young girl in my community went for a jog and never came home. My husband and I went out and participated in the organized search efforts. Unfortunately the girl was killed by a local predator. Since then I have followed some missing person social media accounts and this forum. When Erin went missing I felt it was time to create an account here to post about Erin to try and get a lot views on her story but when I came here I found that a seasoned member had just posted Erin's story. I guess I am desperately trying to help in any way that I can.

Trust me, you’re helping by spreading the word on FB and by being here and tossing ideas around. Threads get lonely sometimes. Some attract lots of attention and some don’t.

You mentioned Chelsea King. We have family in San Diego so I remember that tragic case (and Amber DuBois, killed by the same predator). Our daughter, a very petite adult, was jogging a lot at Lake Murray and I was worried until Gardner was arrested. You’ve probably discovered the entire forum for Chelsea’s case already.

Anyway, it’s good to have you and captaincrunch here helping out. :seeya:

Bopking: I'm sorry if I came off as defensive. I haven't talked to her in probably 3 years, but her step-dad was my science teacher in high school and I knew her step-sister and it's just really... upsetting. I'm not close to them so I feel guilty feeling upset, but I just want them to be protected during this time. Anna died just last year and I can't imagine what they're dealing with now searching for their other child.

Thank you for spreading the word. I think it seems likely that this won't end well and I hate that...

I'm sure her friends would be thankful that strangers are trying to find Erin too. I hope this thread gets some more views and there's a good ending for Erin

I'm sorry if I came off as defensive. I haven't talked to her in probably 3 years, but her step-dad was my science teacher in high school and I knew her step-sister and it's just really... upsetting. I'm not close to them so I feel guilty feeling upset, but I just want them to be protected during this time. Anna died just last year and I can't imagine what they're dealing with now searching for their other child.

Thank you for spreading the word. I think it seems likely that this won't end well....

HUGE HUGS!! :heartbeat: Even as somewhat of a bystander you’ve been through a lot and have every right to feel upset and protective. I can’t imagine what her parents are going through, especially after losing Anna. I agree that it doesn’t look good. My hope is that they find her, no matter what.

I love Wyoming and have been through Sheridan. My late mil spent her teens in Shell and went to high school in Greybull where she met my late fil. This was before and during WWII. She had lots of great stories. Beautiful country.

I'm sure her friends would be thankful that strangers are trying to find Erin too. I hope this thread gets some more views and there's a good ending for Erin

Bopking: I'm sorry if I came off as defensive. I haven't talked to her in probably 3 years, but her step-dad was my science teacher in high school and I knew her step-sister and it's just really... upsetting. I'm not close to them so I feel guilty feeling upset, but I just want them to be protected during this time. Anna died just last year and I can't imagine what they're dealing with now searching for their other child.

Thank you for spreading the word. I think it seems likely that this won't end well and I hate that...

No apology necessary. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. When I was trying to gather clues I found the pictures of the step-dad, family and friends building a beautiful casket for Anna. The fact that she lost her life at such a young age is really sad. Seeing all of the thought and effort that went into building the casket for her is one of the most loving things that I have ever seen.

I am hoping for the best outcome. I keep brainstorming trying to come up with possibilities because I don't want to think the worst. If the sighting of a girl on Crescent City was her maybe she hitched a ride up north. The Oregon border is not too far away. If she is going by foot I just cant imagine her being able to walk to much considering her injured ankle.

I wonder who is running the Find Erin FB page. They just posted that Erin has no social media presence and didn’t go online much. She has a FB page and even though her last FB post was in April, she has 900 friends.
https://www.facebook.com/erinhenryoriginal

They need to keep the page updated or people will lose interest. Post even if there isn’t news.

https://www.facebook.com/finderinhe...090081937022/1582171978495499/?type=3&theater

Those are some of the things I was referring to. I have also noticed when people make comments or suggestions that instead of taking them as feedback that can be helpful they respond defensive. For example, someone pointed out a typo in the hashtag. It was originally #arcada instead of #arcata. Someone pointed it out and the information was not well received. It was explained that there is a place called Arcadia in CA in addition to Arcata and the person wanted to point it out to prevent confusion.

Im not trying to blame or criticize. In a perfect world an advocate or social worker would be immediately assigned to families put in this situation. We all can easily say what we would do different but if we were really in the situation we probably wouldn't be able to stay calm and make the best decisions. As long as the family isn't asking for privacy then I will continue to try and help.

So while I was typing her I was thinking about her possibly traveling along highway 101. I have driven California from botrom to top and back multiple times. It just occurred to me that Dutch Brothers Coffee shops are along the 101 in Northern CA. I just tweeted them the missing person poster and asked that they shared and their shops and with their customers.

I wonder who is running the Find Erin FB page. They just posted that Erin has no social media presence and didn’t go online much. She has a FB page and even though her last FB post was in April, she has 900 friends.
https://www.facebook.com/erinhenryoriginal

They need to keep the page updated or people will lose interest. Post even if there isn’t news.

https://www.facebook.com/finderinhe...090081937022/1582171978495499/?type=3&theater

sounds like whoever is running the page doesn't know she has a facebook..
Drop them a heads up..
could be they didn't do a search.
never know.

Those are some of the things I was referring to. I have also noticed when people make comments or suggestions that instead of taking them as feedback that can be helpful they respond defensive. For example, someone pointed out a typo in the hashtag. It was originally #arcada instead of #arcata. Someone pointed it out and the information was not well received. It was explained that there is a place called Arcadia in CA in addition to Arcata and the person wanted to point it out to prevent confusion.

Im not trying to blame or criticize. In a perfect world an advocate or social worker would be immediately assigned to families put in this situation. We all can easily say what we would do different but if we were really in the situation we probably wouldn't be able to stay calm and make the best decisions. As long as the family isn't asking for privacy then I will continue to try and help.

As you can imagine, I’ve seen it all on Find the Missing FB pages and groups. The best pages are handled in a mature and grateful way. They are not defensive or rude and they shut down bickering. And they post daily or even more often with little updates or even messages to their missing loved one. I notice Erin’s mother posting things on her own page that would be best on the public page. It’s not like the family “owes” anyone information, but people care and it’s wise to “feed” that caring to keep people interested. No one in this situation is prepared to launch a public relations campaign, but that’s exactly what it is. If the family isn’t up to it, I always thinks it a good idea to turn the page over to a cool-headed and capable friend to handle.

So while I was typing her I was thinking about her possibly traveling along highway 101. I have driven California from botrom to top and back multiple times. It just occurred to me that Dutch Brothers Coffee shops are along the 101 in Northern CA. I just tweeted them the missing person poster and asked that they shared and their shops and with their customers.

Great idea! You’re a pro!

sounds like whoever is running the page doesn't know she has a facebook..
Drop them a heads up..
could be they didn't do a search.
never know.

Yes, someone needs to tell them. Although I have a FB account, I only have it for sleuthing and I don’t post. So if someone who posts would send them the link to Erin’s FB page that would be great.

Just now posted by Erin’s Mom (good job Mom!). I will summarize, rather than paste a quote, per TOS.

LE is coordinating with university, students and agencies. Helicopter searches today in new locations. Several leads and she believes those people have been contacted. LE looked at surveillance tapes from several locations. Mom even got to do some detective work today. LE Has met with them face to face twice today. They still don’t know where Erin went or how she got there. Due to some leads the family will be heading north of Arcata to place flyers. They have received help from Cal Advocates for the Missing and they are being very helpful. Erin’s face has been plastered all over and on the news. She thanks everyone for their help and is trying to stay positive that Erin will be found soon.

https://www.facebook.com/finderinhe...090081937022/1583565798356117/?type=3&theater

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back