Found Deceased CA - Erin Elizabeth Henry, 22, Arcata, 30 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's Ana and thanks. I was in the same graduating class as Erin at back in Sheridan. Haven't had much contact with her other then at a party a little more than a year ago.

The family has set up a youcaring page. I am happy to see this. I hope the extra resources help the family in this horrible time.
https://www.youcaring.com/erinhenry-1035457

And here is the latest news article:
http://khsu.org/post/wyoming-family-and-humboldt-community-search-missing-hsu-student#stream/0

Here’s a quote from the sheriff at the university conference...

Bergstresser said it’s also important to not engage in speculation, especially on social media networks.
“One of the things we’ve learned about social media is that speculation becomes fact really fast and we don’t want people to take as fact things that we are still working on,” he said. Additionally, Bergstresser noted that a professional search party will take place on Wednesday to look for Henry.

http://khsu.org/post/wyoming-family-and-humboldt-community-search-missing-hsu-student#stream/0

It's odd that the roomie waited 5 days to report her missing. I wonder if she contacted Erin's family in-between?

It's odd that the roomie waited 5 days to report her missing. I wonder if she contacted Erin's family in-between?

That was my first thought too. But I got the impression from seeing her interviewed on a video posted upthread that she didn’t realize Erin was gone at first until others missed her in class. According to bopking, classes resumed Nov. 27. So the roommate saw (or heard) her around 11:00 pm Sunday Nov. 25. I’m not sure what day she realized that Erin wasn’t in the house, but it sounds like she just thought she was coming and going at different times and just hadn’t seen her. Then she started calling her, but still tried to respect Erin’s privacy. At some point she entered Erin’s room and eventually became alarmed and called LE on Thursday Nov. 30.

It looks to me that they are just two nice girls who share a place, but are not the kind of close friends who know each other’s plans, families, etc. I can see how she would let a few days go by before realizing something was very wrong and feeling she should do something. She must feel awful.

I agree and I am trying not to jump to conclusions because I know that maybe the police have asked her to only release certain details. What did not make sense to me is that you would think that in a small apartment her roommate would hear hear or notice that she has not heard her for days. Especially since she mentioned that she always said bye when she was leaving. In her news interview she said she text her and got no response, text her the next day and no response, called and it went to voice mail, THEN she checked her room...🤔 If I was really concerned and classmates/friends were concerned and my roomate was not responding by phone and I had not seen her I imagine I would have knocked on the door the first day and then maybe opened the door. I can't imagine waiting so long. Also, the report is that her car keys, phone and wallet were left. What about a purse of bag? Most women cary those items in some sort of bag or purse. Did the roommate see the purse and go through it? Where the items set out on a dresser? I'm wondering if there apartment is spotless or a pigsty because it would take either of the two to not realize that your roommate has not been in there for 5 days.

Again, maybe Erin spent days away at a time or maybe the roommate did. Maybe the roommate has that young, invincible mentality and the thought of Erin being in danger did not cross her mind and that is why she did not open the door sooner. If Erin rolled the scooter out of her room and out the front door it seems like you would be able to hear that. Was Erin's phone on silent, was it turned off? If friends were worried and trying to get a hold of Erin I would think you could hear the phone vibrate and ring from her room. I wonder if the mailbox has been checked. That might show if she went there to remove the mail.

When Erin's mom asked about someone loaning her a car while she is in town nothing caught my attention. Then I was thinking about it last night and wondering why her mom could not use Erin's car if the keys and car were left. I am guessing those things might be considered evidence and unavailable. I am also starting to wonder if the Crescent City sighting was not credible.

So many questions....

Update from Erin’s Mom last night...

Along with new members of their team, they had a productive meeting yesterday with LE that gave them all jobs to complete. Canvassing with fliers is still the family’s focus as it gets her photo out. The meeting last night at HSU was well attended and the family knows why Erin loves it there and it feels like she has family. Her brother Ian is the family spokesman with media and doing well. She thanks their friends back home for feeding pets, keeping up the FB page, etc.

In response to a question, she said that the official search will be today.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...88564506553.2014376.1599666666&type=3&theater

I agree and I am trying not to jump to conclusions because I know that maybe the police have asked her to only release certain details. What did not make sense to me is that you would think that in a small apartment her roommate would hear hear or notice that she has not heard her for days. Especially since she mentioned that she always said bye when she was leaving. In her news interview she said she text her and got no response, text her the next day and no response, called and it went to voice mail, THEN she checked her room...樂 If I was really concerned and classmates/friends were concerned and my roomate was not responding by phone and I had not seen her I imagine I would have knocked on the door the first day and then maybe opened the door. I can't imagine waiting so long. Also, the report is that her car keys, phone and wallet were left. What about a purse of bag? Most women cary those items in some sort of bag or purse. Did the roommate see the purse and go through it? Where the items set out on a dresser? I'm wondering if there apartment is spotless or a pigsty because it would take either of the two to not realize that your roommate has not been in there for 5 days.

Again, maybe Erin spent days away at a time or maybe the roommate did. Maybe the roommate has that young, invincible mentality and the thought of Erin being in danger did not cross her mind and that is why she did not open the door sooner. If Erin rolled the scooter out of her room and out the front door it seems like you would be able to hear that. Was Erin's phone on silent, was it turned off? If friends were worried and trying to get a hold of Erin I would think you could hear the phone vibrate and ring from her room. I wonder if the mailbox has been checked. That might show if she went there to remove the mail.

When Erin's mom asked about someone loaning her a car while she is in town nothing caught my attention. Then I was thinking about it last night and wondering why her mom could not use Erin's car if the keys and car were left. I am guessing those things might be considered evidence and unavailable. I am also starting to wonder if the Crescent City sighting was not credible.

So many questions....
BBM

I think the sentence I’ve bolded above is probably the key. That, and being busy, doubting your own instincts and then not wanting to intrude. There have been times that I’ve seen something that worried me and I weighed whether to act immediately and be thought a fool or wait and see. At my age, I act immediately. But I can’t say that a young person would.

I will again recomment Gavin DeBecker’s book “The Gift of Fear” about trusting your instincts. It’s a bit of a slog to read, but everyone should read it, especially young women.

I agree and I am trying not to jump to conclusions because I know that maybe the police have asked her to only release certain details. What did not make sense to me is that you would think that in a small apartment her roommate would hear hear or notice that she has not heard her for days. Especially since she mentioned that she always said bye when she was leaving. In her news interview she said she text her and got no response, text her the next day and no response, called and it went to voice mail, THEN she checked her room...�� If I was really concerned and classmates/friends were concerned and my roomate was not responding by phone and I had not seen her I imagine I would have knocked on the door the first day and then maybe opened the door. I can't imagine waiting so long. Also, the report is that her car keys, phone and wallet were left. What about a purse of bag? Most women cary those items in some sort of bag or purse. Did the roommate see the purse and go through it? Where the items set out on a dresser? I'm wondering if there apartment is spotless or a pigsty because it would take either of the two to not realize that your roommate has not been in there for 5 days.

So many questions....

I was thinking maybe before Thanksgiving break they had a tense disagreement? Nothing crazy, just roommate stuff that made Erin's roommate feel awkward about nagging her over her whereabouts.

I have read a few post on Facebook of people that claim to know Erin. They are saying that she recently expressed that she was upset about something that happened to her recently and that she needed a break.

If this is true then it is unfortunate that she has been hurting so much. I hope she is somehow aware that so many people are trying to find her, care about her and want to come home. This really makes me hopeful that she might be alive and somewhere that she can be rescued from. Many days have gone by since she was last seen but these posts show that everyone needs to keep spreading the word about her and looking for her.

Hi again. If you happen to see anything about the family needing donations can you please post it here or at least send me a message with it. I don't have a lot of money but I would be happy to contribute.

I'll definitely let people know. That's really nice of you.

https://www.facebook.com/nazyjavidnews/videos/325679224577412/
Local news coverage

This might clear things up: lots of people have been asking why there isn't a clothing description because originally it seems like she was seen outside the house - lots of articles mention something like "Erin was last seen on X street." It sounds like the last time she was actually seen is not the last time the roommate knew she was home. The roommate saw her that night, but heard Erin even later that same night. If she didn't report for a few days then it makes sense that she wouldn't remember what Erin was wearing.

Thanks. I actually saw they posted a link on Facebook last night and I donated as soon as I saw it. I also read a comment where a local restaurant offered the family free food. I am happy to hear that the local community is being supportive. It is so hard to feel helpful from hours away.

I hope Erin at some point is able to see how many people across the country care about her wellbeing.

https://www.facebook.com/finderinhe...827.1581090081937022/1583664415012922/?type=3

This is the post someone referenced about. A friend says in part: [FONT=&quot]Her last message to me from her. Was that something had happened and she needed space for quite sometime and wished she had taken the semester off. I wasn't available to talk to her and we were supposed to hangout that day which didn't happened due to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]me being busy. we exchange text that day and I told her I couldn't hangout and that's when she sent me the text saying something had happened and she needed space for sometime.[/FONT]

So if she left on her own free will and said she wanted a break, left everything behind and traveled far north with pretty much nothing but the clothes on her back then where was she going?

I know this will sound crazy but I am trying to think of any possibility. I wonder if she planned to head toward a commune to live off the grid. I imagine investigators can pull her browser history from her computer and phone that would show if she searched for anything like this.

I found a directory of communes. You can show up, work hard, live amoung the community and only contribute labor. You would not have to contribute money. Here is the directory I found https://www.ic.org/directory/basic-elements-commune/

I live in Arcata and had a class with Erin last year. She seemed so nice and hardworking. This disappearance makes no sense to me and I hope we can get to the bottom of it.

Sorry if this has been shared, but I just saw a video the news shared with an interview with Erin's roommate. She said that she noticed Erin not showing up to class and texted her. Then after a while when she didn't reply she checked the bedroom. It seems weird to me that they live together and she wouldn't have just checked her room and noticed her phone and all her stuff still there.

If she did to decide to run off, why/how would she do it with a broken ankle?

Welcome to WS, nahum. :seeya: It’s really nice to have several who have known Erin join this thread.

I live in Arcata and had a class with Erin last year. She seemed so nice and hardworking. This disappearance makes no sense to me and I hope we can get to the bottom of it.

Sorry if this has been shared, but I just saw a video the news shared with an interview with Erin's roommate. She said that she noticed Erin not showing up to class and texted her. Then after a while when she didn't reply she checked the bedroom. It seems weird to me that they live together and she wouldn't have just checked her room and noticed her phone and all her stuff still there.

Yes, we all wondered about the roommate being so slow to get worried. I posted my thoughts upthread. I just got the sense that she was trying to respect Erin’s privacy. I’m sure she’s learned a hard lesson.

If she did to decide to run off, why/how would she do it with a broken ankle?

That’s what’s so strange. If it weren’t for the woman who said she saw a blonde woman on one of those scooters going north on 101, I would assume she’d been abducted. If she was just trying to get away for awhile, I don’t know why she wouldn’t take her wallet and phone. And that’s what worries me. What was her intention if she left on her own?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back