Found Deceased CA - Erin Elizabeth Henry, 22, Arcata, 30 Nov 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Realizing that Erin’s car is still at home makes traveling to the redwood grove less likely, of course. But I still wonder if she got there somehow. Where is Erin?

I read in more than one place that a female with a knee scooter was seen walking along the 101 north in the rain around 9am on 11/26. It could be another rumor that will be proven wrong but it kind of sounds like a possibility.

I was curious about the tattoo on her arm. I did some googling and I believe that it is in remembrance of a step-sister that passed away in a car accident last year. If I am correct then this just multiplies the sadness of the story.

I read in more than one place that a female with a knee scooter was seen walking along the 101 north in the rain around 9am on 11/26. It could be another rumor that will be proven wrong but it kind of sounds like a possibility.

I was curious about the tattoo on her arm. I did some googling and I believe that it is in remembrance of a step-sister that passed away in a car accident last year. If I am correct then this just multiplies the sadness of the story.

I was just coming here to post the Arcata Police FB Page. There is a comment posted by SHC from SG about seeing a blonde woman going north along the highway on a knee scooter, as you describe. Very odd, if it’s a coincidence. She was about 8.5 miles north of Arcata! She had to be cold and wet. Who was it and where was she going?It must have been somewhere she really needed or wanted to go.That was a week ago today.

https://www.facebook.com/arcatapd/posts/10155211577543526

Yes, you’re right about her stepsister and it’s tragic. It makes me worry even more about Erin. Upthread in post #20 I posted a link to a very poignant post Erin made about her stepsister. One of the photos sent me on a search online for the trail she went on in her honor, thinking she might go back there. But her car is at home and it’s unlikely she can drive. If they run out of ideas it might be worthwhile to check it out, even though it seems a long shot. Hugs for her family and friends. :heartbeat:

Hoping that Erin is just upset and went somewhere safe to get her head straight.
I'm worried though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It concerns me that she left her wallet and phone home if Erin was the girl seen going north on Highway 101 on her knee scooter.

She's cute as a button, as they say.
Hoping she will soon be found.

I am perhaps wondering if maybe if there is a chance she may in some form of fugue state, not sure with the little information provided. Also curious as if any information is released as to why the roommates waited so long in reporting the disappearance? Multiple people have said as to how she was afraid of a silver car following is there follow up on that?

I am perhaps wondering if maybe if there is a chance she may in some form of fugue state, not sure with the little information provided. Also curious as if any information is released as to why the roommates waited so long in reporting the disappearance? Multiple people have said as to how she was afraid of a silver car following is there follow up on that?

It was Thanksgiving break, and according to a student’s Mom upthread, classes didn’t resume until Nov 27. It could be that her roommate didn’t return from break until Nov. 30. Just guessing.

No word on the silver car, but the ex-bf has been cleared.

Here is the official Find Erin FB page. There is currently follow-up on the possible sighting near Clam Beach. Her mother TLHR says that Erin’s crutches were at the apartment, but the scooter is missing. However, she also said that Erin was about to be released from having to use the scooter soon.

https://www.facebook.com/finderinhenry/posts/1582379168474780

It concerns me that she left her wallet and phone home if Erin was the girl seen going north on Highway 101 on her knee scooter.

if something happened to her at home would explain leaving her things.
I'd check into the history of all the surrounding neighbors..
Maybe she had a stalker and didn't know it.

if something happened to her at home would explain leaving her things.
I'd check into the history of all the surrounding neighbors..
Maybe she had a stalker and didn't know it.

Yes, I hope they went to all the neighbors to scope out their reactions. And I assume family and LE aren’t putting all their efforts into the possible Clam Beach sighting, although it does sound promising. Otherwise it’s a bizarre coincidence.

There was someone she was getting a restraining order against but he’s been cleared

I’m not familiar with the area but could she have gotten on a bus to bring her to a trail head or something?

I could totally be wrong but I keep getting a strange feeling about this situation. It has been 9 days since she was last seen. They haven't shared what she was last seen wearing. Hobbies or places she might gravitate towards for example she liked spending time on tje beach, in bookstores, doing yoga, etc. I read about a mentally unstable ex boyfriend but he has been cleared. I have read online a few people mentioned she said she was being followed. I am wondering if that is true since her ex was cleared. Has someone else been following her? Were these stories made up by others or was she in the early stages of some sort of a mental breakdown?

I mean no disrespect by any of my questions. I am whole heartedly concerned. I am just baffled by how little confirmed information has been released. It makes it really hard to brainstorm and try and help. I know Arcata is a small town so they probably have limited resources and that could be part of it. From my experience being part of the search parties looking for Chelsea King that sometimes law enforcement and close family cannot share information because it might ruin a lead. Maybe that is what is going on here. All I can thinl is that if my child was missing I would want everyone on the lookout for them. Without knowing much about her but a vague description of her appearance makes it so challenging.

I’m not familiar with the area but could she have gotten on a bus to bring her to a trail head or something?

I kind of doubt it, but I haven’t lived in Humboldt County for over 30 years, so I’m not familiar with what kind of public transportation is available in and around Arcata or to other parts of the county. The trail I mentioned upthread is in southern Humboldt County, at least an hour away by car. But there are trails closer, of course.

I could totally be wrong but I keep getting a strange feeling about this situation. It has been 9 days since she was last seen. They haven't shared what she was last seen wearing. Hobbies or places she might gravitate towards for example she liked spending time on tje beach, in bookstores, doing yoga, etc. I read about a mentally unstable ex boyfriend but he has been cleared. I have read online a few people mentioned she said she was being followed. I am wondering if that is true since her ex was cleared. Has someone else been following her? Were these stories made up by others or was she in the early stages of some sort of a mental breakdown?

I mean no disrespect by any of my questions. I am whole heartedly concerned. I am just baffled by how little confirmed information has been released. It makes it really hard to brainstorm and try and help. I know Arcata is a small town so they probably have limited resources and that could be part of it. From my experience being part of the search parties looking for Chelsea King that sometimes law enforcement and close family cannot share information because it might ruin a lead. Maybe that is what is going on here. All I can thinl is that if my child was missing I would want everyone on the lookout for them. Without knowing much about her but a vague description of her appearance makes it so challenging.
BBM

You’re not being disrespectful at all. These are real concerns. As far as what she was wearing, that may be hard for the roommate to determine by looking in her closet and trying to figure out what is missing. I don’t think my husband would be able to do that! Her lack of mobility, car, phone, keys, etc being left behind make this difficult to pin down.

I expect all her friends have been contacted and have shared what they know of her habits and her thinking. Personally, I think Erin has either been abducted or gone somewhere on her own and come to harm due to exposure, accident or suicide. After participating in half a dozen missing persons threads here that ended in suicide, that’s usually my first thought...especially after this length of time. Her stepsister’s death seemed to have affected her deeply (of course) and we just don’t know if boyfriend stress, her injury and possible depression combined with being alone during part of the break tipped the balance somehow. Usually, if there are known mental health issues these aren’t revealed until after someone is found. LE and family have to cover all the possibilities, but suicide is my concern, sadly.
JMO

I agree with you. At first when I heard the rumor that it was possible that an ex had got to her I got so scared. Then when he was cleared I actually had hoped he had her because there was a chance she would be able to escape.

Then when I heard about her possibly walking down the highway. That was really alarming to me because of the fact that she left all of her belongings at home made me question her mental state.

I noticed on her mom's page there are a lot of comments from friends and family members who are basically all saying they are praying for her. That is another thing caught my attention. The delay in the reporting her missing, the delay in her mom getting to Arcata and then just prayers. I am not sure if she comes from a sheltered community or maybe there were existing mental health issues that they might be not making public.

At this point I am hoping that maybe she had some sort of breakdown and she is hospitalized somewhere as Jane Doe since she does not have her wallet. I can't imagine her being able to survive out in nature without food this many days. I saw on the news the the lows at night are going to be below freezing so that isnt going to be to her advantage.

I keep checking here, the local news and Facebook in hopes that she has been located alive.

I agree with you. At first when I heard the rumor that it was possible that an ex had got to her I got so scared. Then when he was cleared I actually had hoped he had her because there was a chance she would be able to escape.

Then when I heard about her possibly walking down the highway. That was really alarming to me because of the fact that she left all of her belongings at home made me question her mental state.

I noticed on her mom's page there are a lot of comments from friends and family members who are basically all saying they are praying for her. That is another thing caught my attention. The delay in the reporting her missing, the delay in her mom getting to Arcata and then just prayers. I am not sure if she comes from a sheltered community or maybe there were existing mental health issues that they might be not making public.

At this point I am hoping that maybe she had some sort of breakdown and she is hospitalized somewhere as Jane Doe since she does not have her wallet. I can't imagine her being able to survive out in nature without food this many days. I saw on the news the the lows at night are going to be below freezing so that isnt going to be to her advantage.

I keep checking here, the local news and Facebook in hopes that she has been located alive.

Being hospitalized would be the best case scenario. Humboldt has abysmal mental health care, so I doubt she’d be kept long. Humboldt also has an abundance of unsolved missing person cases dating back years. LE is poorly funded. I would hire a P.I. who would work along with LE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean
Back