Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking at EV's twitter page, went back a couple years, she makes some jokes about the price of traveling, including one that says: "We let you take your insulin on-board .... for $600."

Any chance she may have had diabetes and had some time of diabetes-related medical emergency? Would something like that manifest the "symptoms" we've discussed here?

I'm almost positive someone posted in the first couple of days as that as their theory. Whether or not they knew about that insulin post I don't know. Interesting, though!

Except that, if someone is voluntarily missing, you can't put their license plate number up on a billboard.

We've heard the family's perspective only here, because police don't normally go public with the rationalizations for their actions. But from their point of view, this case was wide open with possibilities. They didn't have any evidence of foul play, and that would be their first priority to look out for, and they would have stepped in if there was any sign of it.

They had the case of a woman who had sole possession of a car, a cell phone, high balance credit cards, friends and family and local contacts, who wouldn't cooperate in being found by police. It could easily have been the common situation of a wife who'd decided she didn't want to go back home to her husband. Who perhaps was having an affair, or was on a bender, or having some form of emotional upheaval. None of these things are illegal, none of these things give police the right to broadcast her photo and license plate, etc. The family, of course, can do that, and police cooperated with them to launch their own campaign, no doubt assisting them to get cell phone pings, etc.
It is my opinion that police had reason to believe this was a possible medical emergency. They should have acted.

I'm almost positive someone posted in the first couple of days as that as their theory. Whether or not they knew about that insulin post I don't know. Interesting, though!
There may have been others, but a diabetic crisis was my first theory! I still think it’s a good possibility.

There was a guy a few years ago who was pulled over for driving erratically, and he was acting so weird and not making sense that they thought he was on drugs. Fortunately one of the officers was familiar with diabetes and suspected he may have a blood sugar issue and got him an ambulance. They said had they not done that he would have died.

I did not know about the insulin post. That is definitely interesting.

There may have been others, but a diabetic crisis was my first theory! I still think it’s a good possibility.

There was a guy a few years ago who was pulled over for driving erratically, and he was acting so weird and not making sense that they thought he was on drugs. Fortunately one of the officers was familiar with diabetes and suspected he may have a blood sugar issue and got him an ambulance. They said had they not done that he would have died.

I remember a story like the one you mentioned. I don't know if it was the same man, but same circumstance anyway.

If she was diabetic and her family including her nurse mother spoke with her I am quite sure they would have called the police and alerted them to the fact she was diabetic and possibly having a medical emergency. I suppose they did do that but didn't release that infomation to the public to protect her privacy.

It is my opinion that police had reason to believe this was a possible medical emergency. They should have acted.
Her husband and her parents would know if she was a diabetic, nothing was mentioned in LE reports that she was endangered missing and family and friends did not say anything that reached the public.

I agree its a good explanation (assuming she is diabetic)- And the worst part is that as her blood sugar dropped she would be less and less able to help herself.

Most diabetics are now fitted with a pump which would have been obvious to an EMT or the ME. Even if she is old-school she would have insulin in her luggage.

If she died from a medical condition, either acute or chronic, that should show up on autopsy. They still may wait on the toxicology report, which takes longer so to rule out any other contributing factors. Her husband should be pulling together her medical records and forwarding them to the medical examiner. I wonder if they will release COD, if they don't WS will be in total meltdown.
Yes I agree. Meltdown city! I think it’s because her behavior was so unexpected and extreme and there are SO MANY good theories on what in the world could have caused this to happen to her. I can buy almost any of them as being possible, and I think it will drive me nuts if I don’t know what happened to this poor woman who had so much going for her.

Her husband and her parents would know if she was a diabetic, nothing was mentioned in LE reports that she was endangered missing and family and friends did not say anything that reached the public.
Yes I originally was thinking undiagnosed diabetes, but then the insulin post wouldn’t mean anything. I think it could fit here, but many theories fit.

Yes I agree. Meltdown city! I think it’s because her behavior was so unexpected and extreme and there are SO MANY good theories on what in the world could have caused this to happen to her. I can buy almost any of them as being possible, and I think it will drive me nuts if I don’t know what happened to this poor woman who had so much going for her.

Yes, it's these types of cases that get me going where I have to know! The last case I can remember that I felt this way about was the Elisa Lam, so bizarre! Did you read about that one?

Yes, it's these types of cases that get me going where I have to know! The last case I can remember that I felt this way about was the Elisa Lam, so bizarre! Did you read about that one?
I know some about Elisa Lam and it is baffling! It’s unsettling not to know how a person ended up in such a wild situation.

A potentially fatal diabetic reaction progresses quickly, there's only a short time frame (an hour, a few hours) between feeling the beginning effects and going into a severe reaction like fainting or vomiting, certainly it doesn't linger with only the symptoms of a manic personality as long as 8 hours. All the person has to do is drink some pop or other sugar, and get to a hospital. Diabetic coma - Wikipedia

I think our bodies have a very powerful, instinctive reaction to life-threatening physical illness: it produces symptoms like severe pain, nausea, fevers and unconsciousness, which force us to stop doing things like driving around and making phone calls, so that we rest and all our energy gets directed to trying to survive. Lucky thing too, without those instinctive reactions we'd probably often prioritize other things over actually staying alive.

I went on a blind date with a guy who had diabetes. I didn't know.

The date did not go well and I suspected he was on drugs. My first thought was that this guy was loaded and then I decided he had done some serious drugs. He was slurring, acting really strange and eventually passed out in the garage. He just crumpled. I called 911 because I had no idea what was going on.

Sure enough, he was having a diabetic reaction. Who knew? It happens.

I know some about Elisa Lam and it is baffling! It’s unsettling not to know how a person ended up in such a wild situation.
I think people don't understand mental illness. Maybe they're afraid of it. They prefer explanations involving devils like serial killers, or mass conspirators.

This is just what people have always done. Calling in an exorcist rather than a counsellor, burning a woman as a witch instead of investigating bullying in the community.

It made me think of Teleka Patrick. That's the case that brought me to Websleuths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back