Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommy, slightly O/T, I am reminded of the case of Tanya Ryder. She had a car accident and searchers passed her many many times. She was just off the highway under a bridge embankment thing totally covered by leaves. On Day 8, her husband was brought into the Police Dept and in his words (paraphrasing) was being grilled and about to be charged. It was at that moment they got the call that she and her vehicle had been found and that she was alive. If they had gotten to her any later, she would have died.

So yes, if she’s had an accident she still could be alive.

I am also reminded of the case of Terrilyn Monette. She had a car accident as well, but sadly did not survive. Her car had gone off into the water.

this woman did exactly this in the same general area. however her phone would have pinged closer to palo alto if she took a wrong turn onto the Dumbarton.

Missing woman found dead off of East Bay freeway

IMO
Sounds like foul play. I use to travel solo for work at all times of day. One thing I would do is get gas long before I head to return the car so to avoid predators looking for an easy prey.

Do anyone know if the car rental drop off is at the airport or off site?

Very scared for her

yes it is.

Honestly I haven’t read the whole thread here yet. I will say generally though that cell pings can be tricky sometimes as far as towers go. I can elaborate on that more if necessary after I catch up with the details of the case. Again, I’m not saying the ping info is wrong here.

Once again I am reminded of Terrilyn Monette. LE had said that according to traffic cam footage she had turned in a direction which turned out to not be correct. Hence the search occurred in an opposite direction and Tim Miller from TES said “off an inch, might as well be off a mile”.

I think I should catch up before commenting, I may have jumped in too soon and if so my bad. :)

i would agree towers are strange but this is silicon valley and almaden is way far south. there are a dearth of towers.

this woman did exactly this in the same general area. however her phone would have pinged closer to palo alto if she took a wrong turn onto the Dumbarton.

Missing woman found dead off of East Bay freeway

Similar indeed.

This article mentions the element of license plate readers (or lack thereof).

Also mentioned is the lack of camera resolution able to detect her vehicle.

(Just mentioning these two aspects as related to factors which may or may not play a role here in helping to find her.)

Last edited:
Her FB page is interesting... she never mentions hubby nor are there any pics of him/them. July 4th post is sad and may be telling in her disappearance. As for car wreck ... unless she drove south on 101 towards Gilroy or took 17 ( treacherous road ) towards Santa Cruz it’d be hard to wreck without anyone noticing.

Is there mention of what time hubby last spoke to her ? How’d he know what she was wearing ? I suppose she could’ve sent him a selfie .
We don't know that what she was last seen wearing came from her husband. A selfie is sure a possibility, though.

I don't think we know what time they spoke either. Just afternoon, IIRC. MOO

So many things that we just don’t have info on yet ... like Debit/CC purchases. What time was her flight ? Was someone supposed to pick her up from the airport ? San Jose and the silicon valley freeways are confusing for a native .... however with gps it’s really hard to get lost .

Similar indeed.

This article mentions the element of license plate readers (or lack thereof).

Also mentioned is the lack of camera resolution able to detect her vehicle.

(Just mentioning these two aspects as related to factors which may or may not play a role here in helping to find her.)

if she drove directly from palo alto to south san jose, she wouldn't have crossed any bridges. however, the area she was in south of blossom hill, ventures into more woods and field. heavily traveled but sparser buildings.

Her FB page is interesting... she never mentions hubby nor are there any pics of him/them. July 4th post is sad and may be telling in her disappearance. As for car wreck ... unless she drove south on 101 towards Gilroy or took 17 ( treacherous road ) towards Santa Cruz it’d be hard to wreck without anyone noticing.

she would be seen right away on 101 between here and Gilroy too. its a little more country but heavily populated.

So many things that we just don’t have info on yet ... like Debit/CC purchases. What time was her flight ? Was someone supposed to pick her up from the airport ? San Jose and the silicon valley freeways are confusing for a native .... however with gps it’s really hard to get lost .

i can drive them with my eyes closed but I'm super good w directions. i know some ppl struggle.

Utah tech CEO goes missing in California | East Idaho News
[...]

Valenti is the founder and CEO of Tinker Ventures and was due to return for the Women Tech Awards Wednesday evening where she was to receive an award for Entrepreneurial Excellence, said Sara Jones, co-founder of the Women Tech Council, of which Valenti is a member.

“The awards is a big event. … (It’s) very surprising to have a finalist not show without notice,” Jones said. “The tech community is very worried about her.”

[...]

Valenti’s husband said nothing like this has ever happened before, and it’s very unlike her to go days without contact. Police are treating her case as a “voluntary missing persons case,” and there isn’t an active search by law enforcement, according to San Jose Police Sgt. Enrique Garcia.

According to preliminary investigations, there does not seem to be any evidence of foul play, but police are not releasing any more information at this time, Garcia said.

[...]

Her phone’s movement initially reminded me of Brittany Drexel’s case. But that was so long ago and in this day and age it’s common knowledge that the first thing LE is going to look at is her phone’s activity and pings. That’s Kindergarten. But then again, AA (McKenzie Lueck’s killer) was stupid.

So, with that being said, if this is Foul Play, perhaps the phone ping is a red herring, or not.

Waiting for more info from LE.

she would be seen right away on 101 between here and Gilroy too. its a little more country but heavily populated.
Yeah .... Between Morgan Hill and Gilroy and south are not wooded except in a few spots .... a car accident isn’t likely ... and like you said heavily traveled... I was on 101 near Gilroy on Monday night and the traffic was light comparatively speaking .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734