Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ John Root Fitzpatrick, 55, (fnd dec.), 30 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the full search warrant:

Page 9 includes the below "homicide attachment" - It is unclear to me what discovered evidence led to this, but from this warrant and the details of the homicide attachment, it seems this has been a homicide investigation since at least August 1st, per the probable cause information attached to the warrant.

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 10.17.39 PM.png

Where does it say they made contact with him ??
In the Statement Of Probable Cause, it reads, "Jin was last heard from by friends on July 22. Deputies were in the Roadrunner Mobile Home Park and spoke to Fitzpatrick, an unknown Asian female adult was seen with him."

Very confusing but to me it sounds like LE spoke to JRF in the presence of FJ on 7/22.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 52
In the Statement Of Probable Cause, it reads, "Jin was last heard from by friends on July 22. Deputies were in the Roadrunner Mobile Home Park and spoke to Fitzpatrick, an unknown Asian female adult was seen with him."

Very confusing but to me it sounds like LE spoke to JRF in the presence of FJ on 7/22.
Purchasing duct tape?!

Okay so that was just coincidence and prior to Misspers being reported...I guess they just added it as confirmation they'd ID'd him prior. Dates in that Statement of PC are all over the show...

List of Items Taken on page 2 of the warrant, for the sake of easier reading:
  1. red suitcase w/Fang Jin property
  2. hat - straw
  3. sandals
  4. book Chinese
  5. green shoes
  6. mail for Fitzpatrick 1 envelope
  7. receipts 2[???]
  8. SD card from Ring camera (128)
  9. paperwork under mattress
  10. DD214 for Fitzpatrick
  11. white purse with Jin's belongings master bedroom
  12. green helmet
I can't make out what comes after "receipts" in item #7. ETA: MCX (thank you @tvscum)

Last edited:
Link to the full search warrant:

Page 9 includes the below "homicide attachment" - It is unclear to me what discovered evidence led to this, but from this warrant and the details of the homicide attachment, it seems this has been a homicide investigation since at least August 1st, per the probable cause information attached to the warrant.

View attachment 454079
SO frustrating for Fang's next of kin would be an understatement!

As mentioned by Mark, LE told them NOTHING. The family group literally paid out $$$ for a PI because they had been given no information. Then waited and waited (posted here by Mark) for PI to give them info - still they heard nothing until finally when it was made known JRF's remains had been found.

List of items on page 2 of the warrant, for the sake of easier reading:
  1. red suitcase w/Fang Jin property
  2. hat - straw
  3. sandals
  4. book Chinese
  5. green shoes
  6. mail for Fitzpatrick 1 envelope
  7. receipts 2[???]
  8. SD card from Ring camera (128)
  9. paperwork under mattress
  10. DD214 for Fitzpatrick
  11. white purse with Jin's belongings master bedroom
  12. green helmet
I can't make out what comes after "receipts" in item #7.
7. receipts 2 MCX (Marine Corps Exchange)

Borrego Springs weather temps history below

Attachments

• july.JPG
    july.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 20
  • sept.JPG
    sept.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The search warrant documents state that Fang Jin sent a picture to her family/friends of JRT's driver's license and JRT with his truck. Did she do this because she felt uneasy about something and wanted them to have this information in case something happened to her?

The duct tape seems irrelevant based on the date. Duct tape is a pretty regular purchase.

Odor of decomposition is more concerning.

I'm taking some of the things in the article with a grain of salt, but it now sounds like the truck was found first, and his remains were found a few miles away which is new information if true.

Moment of pause as we're all taking in this new information and processing it.

@mark1969 I am so so sorry for you and all of Fang's loved ones for going through everything you've gone through, and for likely finding out so much new information only tonight, through all of these new reports.

I cannot imagine what it feels like to have fought for so long for information, and then to learn such key and heartbreaking findings on a message board like this.

I know all of us on here are holding you and Fang's other loved ones in our thoughts. We are here with you as strangers, but joined with you in doing whatever we can to find Fang and bring her home.

It's clear LE has been working this case quietly and taking it seriously. The contents of the second affidavit would be interesting. I don't know what is generally standard of practice for information that LE will share with the family of a missing person when LE suspects it may be a homicide case but hasn't yet reached that conclusion.

The few times I’ve been out to that location, was to ride dirt bikes or quads. There’s nothing but desert and dunes. The summer months (July-August) are unbearably hot. He might have driven to that area to hide “evidence” , but drove himself into a tight spot. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

Actually, I've been surprised there hasn't been a stronger response by the Chinese government. No news conferences, no press releases. It doesn't seem like there's much government interest at all. And similarly, the Chinese press and public haven't expressed much concern. Fang Jin's plight doesn't seem to have permeated the public discourse over there at all.

I think we would have seen a stronger reaction to date if the Chinese were going to use this to ramp up tensions.

You can contrast the Chinese response to other incidents. Like, for example, when Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba there was a huge outcry that affected the island's tourist economy. Or even more recently, Jaahnavi Kandula's death in Seattle and subsequent comments by the police union caused fury in India and a diplomatic storm.

We've seen nothing like that in this case.
The answer is culture difference.....Americans go all the way for the Individual........Chinese go all the way for the community and bigger ...... So lets hope this case can bring both cultures to eachother....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand