CA - FBI asks for help identifying pedophile

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
image_thumb

Is this the cough medicine in the above picture? I've been through pages of images and this is the only one that matches. Weird that it comes up to a company in the UK, I wonder if it is sold in Canada, as well?
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/medicine/asda-chesty-cough-syrup/

asda-chesty-cough-syrup.jpg

:bump:

Back to the top so this **** can be identified and sent to jail...or maybe he is already in H*ll where he belongs. IMHO Where is this little girl now?

For what it's worth, the DVD behind the QuikTrip cup is a copy of "Bringing Down the House," a 2003 comedy starring Steve Martin and Queen Latifah. Specifically, it's a widescreen copy, indicated by the red bar across the bottom.

I rotated the FBI photo in the image comparison below:

mysterydvd.jpg

According to these articles, the photos first appeared online in November 2005, prompting the FBI investigation:

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/19/3925676/fbi-wants-to-id-man-seen-in-photo.html

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_20e76f08-b384-5bf0-b7e2-34f12cddd56a.html

They also state the man is seen watching from the bed while a girl of about ten is nearby. I assume she's standing near the nightstand with the items on it since a corner of the nightstand photo has been cropped.

Amazon.com gives the home-video release of "Bringing Down the House" as August 5, 2003.

So that's a likely timeline of August 5, 2003 to November 2005 and the girl may well be an adult now. I hope she is okay. :(

image_thumb

Is this the cough medicine in the above picture? I've been through pages of images and this is the only one that matches. Weird that it comes up to a company in the UK, I wonder if it is sold in Canada, as well?
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/medicine/asda-chesty-cough-syrup/

asda-chesty-cough-syrup.jpg

For what it's worth, the DVD behind the QuikTrip cup is a copy of "Bringing Down the House," a 2003 comedy starring Steve Martin and Queen Latifah. Specifically, it's a widescreen copy, indicated by the red bar across the bottom.

I rotated the FBI photo in the image comparison below:

mysterydvd.jpg

Now that I can see what is at the top of the DVD, it doesn't look like cough syrup to me because I can't see the top of the bottle. It looks more like a coke/beer generic type can with big lettering going across the lower part of it.

Does the hat look like it has 7001 and then Paint and then a phone number on it?

MFMBF.St.81.jpeg

This pic from The Kansas City Star has a little better resolution. Is there another hat, grey with a round brim underneath the ball cap?

I couldn't tell from the Kansas City Star picture since I didn't know how to enlarge it.

I do see what you mean about the gray at the front of the cap. It looks like it is the same color as the gray "flames" or whatever is on the back so could the brim be rolled or curved around enough that the inside of the brim is what is being seen?

It does look like something on the side of the hat where it bends is showing. It looks a little lighter.

< SNIP >
ETA - Never mind. It's a pack of cigarettes. I found out at this link. I can't tell what brand they are.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/ecap/unknown-suspect-4/person_view_multimedia#images

I've actually smoked this brand before when we lived in CO (IIRC, and yes, I know... very bad habit.) Yes, it is a generic brand (as someone mentioned in another post).

I'll see if I can't jog my memory on a brand using google images, and I'll have my husband take a look at the pic when he gets home from work in a bit as well.

This is only my 2nd post here, so I'm hoping I can contribute something. As a survivor of abuse myself, I long to be able to do something concrete to help others.

UPDATE: The cigarette brand is "Best Value" cigarettes. A generic brand produced by Phillip Morris Tobacco company. Seeing as it's a PM brand I don't think it's going to narrow down a geographic region, unfortunately. [Thanks to my husband who threw out a couple names and it "clicked" as I was thinking "America's Best" for some reason.]

Here's a link to a page with a clear picture of the brand packaging at Cigarettespedia :
http://www.cigarettespedia.com/index.php/Best_Value_BV_(Full_Flavor)_KS-20-S_-_USA

Dex phone books are in 29 states per this link. Qwest Phone service is here in Tucson, AZ, as well as Quick Trip. I'll see if the generic cigarettes are still being sold here too but I've seen the package type before. Phoenix would also probably have all 3. Doesn't mean the other states don't have them too. jmo

http://www.ehow.com/how_7496308_obtain-printed-dex-phone-directory.html

How I dislike quoting my own quote but is this guy a truck driver? Oh no, we do have sleezy motels here or did. I'll check them out and truck stops too. gah spit grrr..one was called No tell Motel. gross.

Fantastic job on that cigarette pack identification!

For some reason, the photos attached to this article look a little more clear:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Do-y...r-help-179999171.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=2&c=y

Photo #3 in that gallery shows the items on the nightstand, and the red object on the far right looks like possibly a candle with a hole in the top where it's been burned down a little and a wax drip on the left. (I'm not sure about this, though.) Directly to the right of the QuikTrip cup is what appears to be a small glass aftershave or cologne bottle, or maybe a liquor bottle. There's a metallic lid or spray top on this bottle. And behind the glass bottle is the silver can that watcher9 mentioned. This photo also shows the flame cap resting on something flat, thin and whitish, maybe a shipping envelope? Whatever it is, it's stronger than a single sheet of paper if it's holding up the cap without bending. I'm not seeing a second cap underneath the first, just a single cap resting in the center of a flat item that sticks out on both sides.

I've actually smoked this brand before when we lived in CO (IIRC, and yes, I know... very bad habit.) Yes, it is a generic brand (as someone mentioned in another post).

I'll see if I can't jog my memory on a brand using google images, and I'll have my husband take a look at the pic when he gets home from work in a bit as well.

This is only my 2nd post here, so I'm hoping I can contribute something. As a survivor of abuse myself, I long to be able to do something concrete to help others.

UPDATE: The cigarette brand is "Best Value" cigarettes. A generic brand produced by Phillip Morris Tobacco company. Seeing as it's a PM brand I don't think it's going to narrow down a geographic region, unfortunately. [Thanks to my husband who threw out a couple names and it "clicked" as I was thinking "America's Best" for some reason.]

Here's a link to a page with a clear picture of the brand packaging at Cigarettespedia :
http://www.cigarettespedia.com/index.php/Best_Value_BV_(Full_Flavor)_KS-20-S_-_USA

Welcome aboard and thanks for this informative post.
You named the brand and backed it up.
Good job!

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Do-y...r-help-179999171.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=2&c=y

Photo #3 in that gallery shows the items on the nightstand, and the red object on the far right looks like possibly a candle with a hole in the top where it's been burned down a little and a wax drip on the left. (I'm not sure about this, though.) Directly to the right of the QuikTrip cup is what appears to be a small glass aftershave or cologne bottle, or maybe a liquor bottle. There's a metallic lid or spray top on this bottle. And behind the glass bottle is the silver can that watcher9 mentioned. This photo also shows the flame cap resting on something flat, thin and whitish, maybe a shipping envelope? Whatever it is, it's stronger than a single sheet of paper if it's holding up the cap without bending. I'm not seeing a second cap underneath the first, just a single cap resting in the center of a flat item that sticks out on both sides.

Wow!
All I can say is you all have some good eyes.

Dex phone books are in 29 states per this link. Qwest Phone service is here in Tucson, AZ, as well as Quick Trip. I'll see if the generic cigarettes are still being sold here too but I've seen the package type before. Phoenix would also probably have all 3. Doesn't mean the other states don't have them too. jmo

http://www.ehow.com/how_7496308_obtain-printed-dex-phone-directory.html

Yep, I know Denver, CO has all three as well (or did at that time period).

I was hoping the cigarette ID might narrow it down, but since it's Phillip Morris distributing I'm guessing that they were/are available nationwide. However, I have not verified that, it's just a hunch. We don't actually buy packs of cigarettes any longer, so I haven't looked at a rack in a long time (we make our own now, and for the last several years due to cost).

Welcome aboard and thanks for this informative post.
You named the brand and backed it up.
Good job!

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to help at least a little. And, I'm happy to be here. Several of the missing persons cases you all have worked on/are working on hit very close to home for me - being, or having been local. And, as a survivor myself, I long to find people like this man and make sure they are where they belong. I didn't realize there were so many people out there who spend their time as all of you do, but I am very grateful... You're all angels - that I know. :)

How I dislike quoting my own quote but is this guy a truck driver? Oh no, we do have sleezy motels here or did. I'll check them out and truck stops too. gah spit grrr..one was called No tell Motel. gross.

I remember that place! It was right by the big Goodwill HQ building on Federal, IIRC! Definitely some really nasty little places in that area. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe someone actually named a motel that! Gross is right... why ANYONE except perhaps a prostitute would rent one of those rooms is completely beyond me, and that was almost 15 years ago. I wonder if it's still there, and still as gross?

When we first moved to CO years back we actually stayed for a couple weeks in that Super 8 motel pretty close by to there off I-25 (till we moved into our house). . I can only imagine it hasn't gotten any better. So strange how in an urban area like that there can be sections of bad places only blocks from decent places.

We kept to ourselves completely while in that motel - it was clean, and the staffers were very nice, and went out of their way to help us get situated, but the other "guests"? Yeah, there were definitely some with real problems. Needless to say we kept our kids far away from all of them...

Oddly, my husband found this poi to look Middle Eastern, does anyone else see that?

Thank you! :blushing:

I'm seeing the same as you in front of what may be a bottle of cold/cough medicine. To me it looks like a cologne bottle with a spray top that is missing the little white part that you press down upon to spray the mist through (only the "straw-like" part is there). I'm not seeing any markings on the bottle, it seems completely clear to me, so perhaps it's missing a label.

Thanks for the links to the other pictures. I'm trying to make out what the hat says. It's going to take me a bit though. I think I've made out a few letters, but I'm going to come back to it later to see if I notice anything more clearly.

Oh, and I agree with the other poster - you've got great eyes! :)

Oddly, my husband found this poi to look Middle Eastern, does anyone else see that?

Maybe a bit, but it's so hard to guess ethnicity from a photo like this - especially as he is older and his hair is gray/white. People's facial structures change as they age, and if this person has rosacea that could be the cause of what I see as a rounded, more bulbous nose. I think it's more likely he is of European/Caucasian descent, but again, it's just too hard to tell, IMO - from these pictures especially.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery
Back