CA - Five unprovoked murders of men ages 21 to 54, Stockton, July-Sept 2022 *Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 373495

View attachment 373494

rbbm.
''He was caught around 2 a.m. on Saturday at Winslow Way and Village Green Drive and was wearing dark clothing with a mask around his neck and armed with a firearm.''

''Stockton's mayor said the city will be able to get past this and that public safety is their number one priority.

"I want to make this very very clear, to the people of Stockton, to the United States and around the world. When the people of Stockton come together and we unite we can get things done. Stockton will be a place where people can live, raise a family and grow a business," Mayor Kevin Lincoln said.

Salazar on the arrest of Brownlee said, “The crime was solved because we’re Stockton. You don’t come to our house and bring this reign of terror.”
I hope there is evidence.

Stockton does have a lot of shootings. It’s not unusual to hear gun fire at night. Sometimes it’s semi automatic weapons. Most of those shots don’t seem to turn into much. From what I can tell most of the shootings besides the SK are either related to gang violence or arguments that get out of hand. This case is different by targeting strangers.

I’ve lived here now for almost two years. Stockton is not all bad, but it has it’s issues. There are a lot of homeless. The downtown area has tried things to revitalize it but it’s a tough area. Most crime that I hear about happens south of where these killings have taken place. The north Stockton area has some of the nicer homes and shopping centers, including some nice restaurants. We mostly stay in that area and don’t venture out beyond that too much. We do most of our grocery shopping in Lodi because we feel safer there. I live in North West Stockton and feel safe in our area but there is private security and lots gated communities in this part of town.

Life goes on out here. I doesn’t seem like people are not coming out of their homes. Last night we had dinner out and there were a lot of people out and about. There’s street vendors and restaurants open on Pacific Ave near UOP. Lots of night life.

We are never out late at night and I would not feel safe driving around some of these areas 9 or 10pm.
The "Stockton Symphony" of gunshots and sirens has been popular in north Stockton for 30 something years.

Have you been surrounded yet by gangs of 300 bicyclists while driving? Happened to an associate after leaving Bud's Seafood Grille on a Friday evening.

rbbm.
''Investigators allege the suspect used his vehicle in the attacks but then got on foot before opening fire. In previous news conferences and statements, Stockton police indicated the shooter essentially sneaked up on victims.
"His pattern and preying was at some point to get on foot,
" McFadden said Saturday''

''Most of the victims were Latino although authorities have said they found no evidence the killings were race based. Three victims were homeless.
McFadden said at a news conference Oct. 4 that no evidence existed to support a hate motive. "We have no witness that has said this person has said anything like that, or even spoke for that matter," he said.''

''The chief said the suspect has a criminal history, the details of which McFadden did not reveal, and he lives near one of the homicides.

The arrest was made at the north end of the city, near a community center that houses a police substation, and not far from a high school named for late Central Valley labor leader Cesar Chavez.

A Stockton police SWAT team subsequently searched the suspect's residence, described as an apartment, McFadden said. Findings were not divulged.''

rbbm.
''Investigators allege the suspect used his vehicle in the attacks but then got on foot before opening fire. In previous news conferences and statements, Stockton police indicated the shooter essentially sneaked up on victims.
"His pattern and preying was at some point to get on foot,
" McFadden said Saturday''

''Most of the victims were Latino although authorities have said they found no evidence the killings were race based. Three victims were homeless.
McFadden said at a news conference Oct. 4 that no evidence existed to support a hate motive. "We have no witness that has said this person has said anything like that, or even spoke for that matter," he said.''

''The chief said the suspect has a criminal history, the details of which McFadden did not reveal, and he lives near one of the homicides.

The arrest was made at the north end of the city, near a community center that houses a police substation, and not far from a high school named for late Central Valley labor leader Cesar Chavez.

A Stockton police SWAT team subsequently searched the suspect's residence, described as an apartment, McFadden said. Findings were not divulged.''
It would be interesting to know if he wanted to be caught, and the notoriety that goes with that?????

Or was the “Thrill” of the Kill” too great for him to resist, despite a manhunt being in place to catch him out???
imo

Stockton does have a lot of shootings. It’s not unusual to hear gun fire at night. Sometimes it’s semi automatic weapons. Most of those shots don’t seem to turn into much. From what I can tell most of the shootings besides the SK are either related to gang violence or arguments that get out of hand.

The chief is new as of June. We also have a new mayor. I think the last administration got lots of negative attention over crime and it may have been accepted practice to brush things under the rug.

I see lots of notices for deaths shootings with literally nothing more than the victim description and a general location and a plea to send them tips. Perhaps if those notices gave more info people could help more. IMO only

That is good news with my first cup of coffee! I see some people responding on the PD Facebook page having doubts if this is really the serial killer. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...gJhBpBs9118RZt24B9ATKKLqEl&id=100044633520183

At this point I think they have the right guy. I'm curious if the gun he had with him was the same or a different one. I hope there is enough evidence to convict this man.

@Jaded_musician Thank you (and others) for posting about Stockton as a local. Always very much appreciated to get a view how it is like behind a thread header...:)
@Helloyou I'm happy to see there is a new chief (what is it that I think he is such a cuty :)) and mayor. Up-thread I said there are many unsolved murders in Stockton, just like you describe it. Only pictures of the victim and a plea for tips. I know that because I'm still looking out for Stockton Pond Jane Doe and check the PD site on a regular basis. She is still not up there. Maybe she wasn't murdered, but that's hard to believe.

In the Jane Doe thread there are interesting remarks about the PD. To the Stockton locals...please take a look. Now important people (Chief, Mayor) were replaced and that gives me hope there will be a different approach solving more homicides.

1665923553271.png
rbbm.
''A police photo showed the black-and-gray weapon allegedly carried by the suspect. It appeared to be a semi-automatic handgun containing some nonmetallic materials.''

''McFadden added that Brownlee was detained after engaging in what appeared to be threatening behavior, including going to parks and dark places, stopping and looking around before driving on.

Investigators were trying to identify a motive for the attacks. Police said some victims were homeless, but not all.''

What I’m particularly interested in is the tip they received that caused them to put this guy under surveillance. The people on Facebook questioning if it’s him seem to think the arrest was just based on the fact he was wearing black with a mask and had a gun on him at night, which is clearly not the case.

That is good news with my first cup of coffee! I see some people responding on the PD Facebook page having doubts if this is really the serial killer. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...gJhBpBs9118RZt24B9ATKKLqEl&id=100044633520183

At this point I think they have the right guy. I'm curious if the gun he had with him was the same or a different one. I hope there is enough evidence to convict this man.

@Jaded_musician Thank you (and others) for posting about Stockton as a local. Always very much appreciated to get a view how it is like behind a thread header...:)
@Helloyou I'm happy to see there is a new chief (what is it that I think he is such a cuty :)) and mayor. Up-thread I said there are many unsolved murders in Stockton, just like you describe it. Only pictures of the victim and a plea for tips. I know that because I'm still looking out for Stockton Pond Jane Doe and check the PD site on a regular basis. She is still not up there. Maybe she wasn't murdered, but that's hard to believe.

In the Jane Doe thread there are interesting remarks about the PD. To the Stockton locals...please take a look. Now important people (Chief, Mayor) were replaced and that gives me hope there will be a different approach solving more homicides.
She had to have been. If not she OD and they tossed her there which is just as bad.

''STOCKTON, Calif. —
Stockton police say there will be a payout of reward money after community tips helped lead to the arrest of the man accused in a string of deadly shootings.''

''Community tips helped police zero in on a possible suspect. From there, they had a surveillance team watching him before determining that he was driving around early Saturday morning in the dark "on a mission to kill," according to Stockton police.''

"His patterns were consistent with some of the patterns that we had seen ... around parks, around dark places, stopping, looking around, moving again," the chief said.

The district attorney there believes the weapon in the first two shootings in April 2021 was then used again.

"We then have a dormant period with the weapon and then it becomes back in use this summer and is involved in the five homicides," explained San Joaquin County District Attorney, Tori Verber Salazar.

Our media partner The East Bay Times reports that earlier in his life, Brownlee lost a brother to gun violence. He had also been arrested in Alameda County on drug charges twice, in 1999 and then in 2001. He served time and was released in 2003.
But police are trying to understand what may have led Brownlee to allegedly begin killing people.

Wondering now if the perp's unsteady (side to side) gait, is typical of one who has spent time in jail wearing legs irons? speculation, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back