CA - Five unprovoked murders of men ages 21 to 54, Stockton, July-Sept 2022 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
STOCKTON, Calif. — Stockton police now say there is no connection between the possible serial killer investigation in Stockton and Chicago's so-called "Duck Walk Killer” case.

Snip>>>

There were many similarities between the cases in Chicago and Stockton.
All the victims were alone when the shooting occurred. In Chicago, the victims were approached from behind and shot in the head, according to ABC7 in Chicago. In Chicago, the alleged killer wore all black and a face covering.
The two victims in Chicago were men and so are most of the victims in California.

Schug, a forensic psychologist, said the shooter appears to have “his life set up to where he has a job that lets him be out in the middle of the night. Or, he doesn’t have a job.” He uses a gun, which Schug says represents a lack of physical investment, and proximity seems to be important due to the closeness of the Stockton crime scenes. “He seems to know where the dark streets are, which might suggest some familiarity.” It’s also possible the killer lives in the area between Stockton and Oakland, and commutes into the city to commit murder, Schug said.

The last known murder connected to this killer was on September 27, 2022. Do locals know of more shootings in Stockton afterwards that could be connected and are investigated by LE? It's seems Stockton has a lot of shootings and many, many unsolved murders.

It's likely he stays low for a while (again), moves to another city to kill or changes his MO entirely.

The last known murder connected to this killer was on September 27, 2022. Do locals know of more shootings in Stockton afterwards that could be connected and are investigated by LE? It's seems Stockton has a lot of shootings and many, many unsolved murders.

It's likely he stays low for a while (again), moves to another city to kill or changes his MO entirely.
There have been further shootings but so far not related … and some have been solved already .. from what I have read about Stockton while looking for updates….

I have wondered if he has moved on ???

There was a shooting in Kansas City last night but too early in the evening I think to be related….

Stockton does have a lot of shootings. It’s not unusual to hear gun fire at night. Sometimes it’s semi automatic weapons. Most of those shots don’t seem to turn into much. From what I can tell most of the shootings besides the SK are either related to gang violence or arguments that get out of hand. This case is different by targeting strangers.

I’ve lived here now for almost two years. Stockton is not all bad, but it has it’s issues. There are a lot of homeless. The downtown area has tried things to revitalize it but it’s a tough area. Most crime that I hear about happens south of where these killings have taken place. The north Stockton area has some of the nicer homes and shopping centers, including some nice restaurants. We mostly stay in that area and don’t venture out beyond that too much. We do most of our grocery shopping in Lodi because we feel safer there. I live in North West Stockton and feel safe in our area but there is private security and lots gated communities in this part of town.

Life goes on out here. I doesn’t seem like people are not coming out of their homes. Last night we had dinner out and there were a lot of people out and about. There’s street vendors and restaurants open on Pacific Ave near UOP. Lots of night life.

We are never out late at night and I would not feel safe driving around some of these areas 9 or 10pm.

There have been shootings but nothing clearly fitting his MO or relating to him. I do wonder though if there are other older shootings/murders where he used a different gun or forensics weren’t checked. There was an upswing of shooting deaths in Feb 2022.

For example: http://ww1.stocktonca.gov/-/media/S...hash=11576E483EB41B083DB06015C0AB20724E9AC789

They made an arrest. The police conference announced it. I can't find his pic, but there is a YouTuber who says he has, but he hasn't put it up yet. The suspect lived "not too far from one of the homicides". Wesley Brownlee 43 yrs old. Drives to area, then on foot looks for victims. 'Something led them to his residence' and they watched it closely.

Abc News Stockton Police Press Conference 10/15

Last edited:
The press conference did not say what led them to him, I am so curious. Did LE get a tip from someone seeing the video, who recognized the unique walk? Was there someone he lived with who noticed him leaving at odd times? Was there physical evidence that led them to him? Wondering? THANK the Lord they stopped him.

Wesley Brownlee, 43, of Stockton was arrested this morning "while out hunting," police chief Stanley McFadden said at a news conference with City Manager Harry Black, Mayor Kevin Lincoln and San Joaquin County District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar.

McFadden believes they "stopped another killing."

rbbm.
'Based on the tips, police said they were able to zero in on a possible suspect. A surveillance team followed the suspect while he was driving and watched his patterns. They determined early Saturday morning he was on "a mission to kill," officials said.

"He was out hunting," said Chief Stanley McFadden. "He was stopped by our own team in the area of Village Green Drive and Winslow Avenue around 2 am this morning."

I think this interview is important for several reasons, but I'd like to highlight that she believes that there are many more victims like herself that were targeted by this man, but due to the treatment they received from LE were not investigated throuhrougly. This leads me to my following question.

Does LE take ballistics/evidence from every case? Or do they write things off as they see fit?

And, is it possible this man switches out his weapons?
I strongly suspect that there very likely may be other victims and that ballistics/evidence is not collected and/or reviewed at the same level in every case.

The Stockton police department is understaffed and has a high turnover rate. I think they have more work than they can handle.

I also think some of the people targeted may not have had family following up and pushing the police for answers.

In this case a local group of what used to be an online or maybe print publication called 209 times put out info on Facebook and YouTube about a serial killer, only then did the police release more info, which led to the tips and the pressure to make an arrest. I wonder if he would still be out there if that pressure wasn’t put on them.

The chief is new as of June. We also have a new mayor. I think the last administration got lots of negative attention over crime and it may have been accepted practice to brush things under the rug.

I see lots of notices for deaths shootings with literally nothing more than the victim description and a general location and a plea to send them tips. Perhaps if those notices gave more info people could help more. IMO only

1665879483021.png

1665879357802.png

rbbm.
''He was caught around 2 a.m. on Saturday at Winslow Way and Village Green Drive and was wearing dark clothing with a mask around his neck and armed with a firearm.''

''Stockton's mayor said the city will be able to get past this and that public safety is their number one priority.

"I want to make this very very clear, to the people of Stockton, to the United States and around the world. When the people of Stockton come together and we unite we can get things done. Stockton will be a place where people can live, raise a family and grow a business," Mayor Kevin Lincoln said.

Salazar on the arrest of Brownlee said, “The crime was solved because we’re Stockton. You don’t come to our house and bring this reign of terror.”

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem