CA - Five unprovoked murders of men ages 21 to 54, Stockton, July-Sept 2022 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

'He will continue to leave clues': Former FBI agent on potential serial killer​

ABC News' Linsey Davis spoke to former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett about the investigative tactics used in the search for a potential serial killer in Stockton, California.''​

I think this is a very interesting read. It explains the similarities and differences between Modus Operandi and Criminal Signature. I think this is part of the reason LE thinks this is the same killer. It's a petty we don't know more details about the 'why' LE comes to their conclusion.

Are these all random killings or do the victims have something in common, besides being (mostly) men?

As an aside; There are many unsolved homicide cases in Stockton. Police now have to let them rest, if they even investigate, like in this case, where the silence is deafening. CA - CA - Stockton, Fem, UP52688, "JB" & marijuana leaf tattoo, in pond, 10 Aug 2018

At this point very much reminded of this alleged serial shooter of random people, similar profile type?
fwiw

CNN — 2017
“He seemed fine to me, which is a strange answer for me to give, because why is he out murdering people?” Dugan said. “He seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on. He was very much aware of where he was and what he was doing.”

Howell Donaldson III, 24, was arrested on four counts of murder on Tuesday in connection with a series of seemingly random killings that had terrorized neighborhood residents over the past 51 days.''

''But the arrest and police interview have shed little light on the motives for the killings, and police did not provide an explanation for how a quiet college graduate with no criminal record turned into a serial killer.

“He was friendly and nice to the cops, but he didn’t give us anything. He didn’t tell us why he was doing it, or anything like that,” Dugan said.''

I live in the area and find this case to be really disturbing. I was looking at the Stockton PD's Facebook site about the case and was reading some posts people left. One person's comment struck me as really odd so I looked him up and what I saw gave me reason for concern. I also found a youtube site this person has.

I don't recall the rules on whether I can provide a name here for others to research so I thought I'd check first.

I felt it was disturbing enough, so I did call the Stockton Hotline number to report it.

I live in the area and find this case to be really disturbing. I was looking at the Stockton PD's Facebook site about the case and was reading some posts people left. One person's comment struck me as really odd so I looked him up and what I saw gave me reason for concern. I also found a youtube site this person has.

I don't recall the rules on whether I can provide a name here for others to research so I thought I'd check first.

I felt it was disturbing enough, so I did call the Stockton Hotline number to report it.
Although without a news link the name cannot be posted here, but good for you for contacting LE about the weird comments!

An Oakland man was identified on Tuesday who, according to investigators, may have been the first victim of a possible California serial killer.

Juan Miguel Vasquez Serrano, 39, of Oakland, was slain on Harmon Avenue at 4:18 a.m. on April 10, 2021, an Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson told KRON4. Serrano died from gunshot wounds at the scene. The Oakland Police Department was alerted to the shooting by its ShotSpotter gunshot audio detection system, but when officers arrived, the killer had already slipped away.

Stockton police said they uncovered evidence linking Serrano’s killer with recent serial killings in their city. Detectives believe that one person likely carried out eight shootings in Stockton over the summer, targeting victims who walk alone down dark, empty sidewalks. Five of the eight Stockton victims were fatally shot.

"

Serial killing victims​

April 10, 2021: Juan Miguel Vasquez Serrano, 39, of Oakland was shot on Harmon Avenue at 4:18 a.m. The Oakland Police Department was alerted to the shooting by its ShotSpotter gunshot audio detection system, but when officers arrived, the killer had already slipped away.

July 8, 2022: A white man was gunned down on the 5600 block of Kermit Lane at 12:31 a.m.

August 11, 2022: A 43-year-old Hispanic man was fatally shot on the 4900 block of West Lane at 9:49 p.m.

August 30, 2022: A 21-year-old Hispanic man was slain by a gunman on the 800 block E. Hammer Lane at 6:41 a.m.

September 21, 2022: A 52-year-old Hispanic man was shot on the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue at 4:27 a.m.

September 27, 2022: A 54-year-old Hispanic man was shot on the 900 block of Porter Avenue at 1:53 a.m.

Lone survivor​

April 16, 2021: A 46-year-old Black woman was shot next to her tent on Park Street near Union Street in Stockton at 3:20 a.m. The woman said she was inside her tent when she heard footsteps. The gunman never said a word before firing multiple shots at her. The injured woman fought back by charging at the person. She said the shooter was thin, about 6-feet-tall, wore dark clothing, and had a COVID-style mask."

Two more shootings that happened in April 2021 have been linked to this case, the first one in Oakland, the second one a woman in Stockton who survived.

Would LOVE to know what the woman who survived has to say? This is a very skinny person in the LE POI picture. Do we have any information on the possible height of the person in the pic? I got a gut reaction as to race when I saw the pic, but I cannot figure out why I think that way, so I will hold my tongue until later.

April 10, 2021 4:20 AM - 40 yo Latino Male Oakland
April 16, 2021 3:20 AM - 46 yo Black Female Park & Union Stockton *survived
July 8, 2022 12:31 AM - 35 yo Paul Yaw - Homeless- Kermit Ln Stockton
Aug 11, 2022 9:49 PM - 43 yo Salvador Debudey Jr - West Ln Stockton
Aug 30, 2022 6:40 AM - 21 yo Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez - E Hammer Ln Stockton
Sept 21, 2022 4:27 AM - 52 yo Juan Cruz - Manchester Ave Stockton
Sept 27, 2022 1:53 AM - 54 yo Lawrence Lopez Sr.- Homeless (didn't want to burden friends), Independent Contractor, Father of 6 - Porter Ave Stockton

When looking at the victims many have Latino names and were of Hispanic descent with only 2 not fitting an Hispanic Male criteria.
Any patterns evident? April to July is a bigger jump between killings than the other dates, and all of the shootings occurred between 9:49 pm and 6:40 am. They know if the gun is registered, and to whom by now. So, is it registered, stolen, or an illegal gun? I hope LE begins to release info to the public for serious help. 8 people shot, 6 dead in 6 months is a serious situation. Definitely serial killer.

Last edited:
I don’t think the ballistics would tell them anything about the gun being registered. I believe it only indicates that the same weapon has been used. They might be able to determine the type of gun, but I don’t think it can be traced back to the purchase. If the gun becomes evidence they could test it for a match.

Last edited:

"Uneven stride"

rbbm.
''Ballistics tests have linked the fatal shootings of six men and the wounding of one woman in California — all potentially at the hands of a serial killer — in crimes going back more than a year, police said.''

“I have absolutely no answer as to why that pistol went dormant for over 400 days,” between the April 2021 shootings and the first case this summer, the chief said. “We don’t know what the motive is. What we do believe is that it’s mission-oriented. This person’s on a mission.”

In the fatal Stockton cases, none of the men was robbed or beaten before the killings, which all took place within a radius of a few square miles between July 8 and Sept. 27, and none appeared to have known one another, Silva said. The shootings also do not appear to be related to gangs or drugs.''

“When you all see the video I want you to pay close attention to uneven stride,” said Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden. “We also want you to notice just how upright this person’s posture is.”

''There may even be multiple people involved in the violence.

“To be honest, we just don’t know,” Silva said. “This person or people who are out doing this, they are definitely very bold and brazen.”

Last edited:
At this point very much reminded of this alleged serial shooter of random people, similar profile type?
fwiw

CNN — 2017
“He seemed fine to me, which is a strange answer for me to give, because why is he out murdering people?” Dugan said. “He seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on. He was very much aware of where he was and what he was doing.”

Howell Donaldson III, 24, was arrested on four counts of murder on Tuesday in connection with a series of seemingly random killings that had terrorized neighborhood residents over the past 51 days.''

''But the arrest and police interview have shed little light on the motives for the killings, and police did not provide an explanation for how a quiet college graduate with no criminal record turned into a serial killer.

“He was friendly and nice to the cops, but he didn’t give us anything. He didn’t tell us why he was doing it, or anything like that,” Dugan said.''
I just came over here to say, that upon looking at the Stockton suspect's gait (see below), I immediately thought of that couple that was shot in Florida (?). Didn't that guy have a strange way he picked up one foot, hence a super awkward walk? I know there is a thread here about that case, and people here have even pondered the possibility that the strange-footed fella could be the suspect in the Missy Bever's case. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Here is live footage just released of the Stockton suspect:

Edit to add: here is the thread. Looks like they caught this guy. The couple was slashed, not shot, my bad. I just remembered the strange gait being a big discussion. FL - Terry 48, & Brenda Aultman 55, stabbed to death while biking, Daytona Beach, 6 Mar 2022 *Arrest

Last edited:
I wonder if Stockton PD has access to, and utilized, the ATF’s NIBIN (National Integrated Ballistic information Network) - and if so, why it took so long to connect the shootings?

Maybe they entered the casings (or bullets?) from each shooting and did find common markings, but didn’t want to tip off the killer by announcing that they think they have a serial killer on the loose?

I think that now that it’s hit the news though, the killer may try to change weapons and/or go outside of the Stockton area when searching for a next victim, which might make it harder to identify him.

Hopefully somebody will recognize this guy or call in a tip, and he’ll be arrested before he can kill again

All jmo

This is scary & extremely disturbing. It appears to me that the victims may have been homeless. Yes, it's true that the article(s) I've read don't seem to specify this. However, given that they all appeared to be outside alone & on foot in the late evening - early morning hours, this does make sense. However, if that's not true for all of the cases - the other possibility is the victims may have been going to or from work late at night/early in the morning.

In any case, these crimes are especially egregious, horrible, and cowardly. Hopefully this person gets caught/stopped ASAP.

Last edited:

"

Serial killing victims​

April 10, 2021: Juan Miguel Vasquez Serrano, 39, of Oakland was shot on Harmon Avenue at 4:18 a.m. The Oakland Police Department was alerted to the shooting by its ShotSpotter gunshot audio detection system, but when officers arrived, the killer had already slipped away.

July 8, 2022: A white man was gunned down on the 5600 block of Kermit Lane at 12:31 a.m.

August 11, 2022: A 43-year-old Hispanic man was fatally shot on the 4900 block of West Lane at 9:49 p.m.

August 30, 2022: A 21-year-old Hispanic man was slain by a gunman on the 800 block E. Hammer Lane at 6:41 a.m.

September 21, 2022: A 52-year-old Hispanic man was shot on the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue at 4:27 a.m.

September 27, 2022: A 54-year-old Hispanic man was shot on the 900 block of Porter Avenue at 1:53 a.m.

Lone survivor​

April 16, 2021: A 46-year-old Black woman was shot next to her tent on Park Street near Union Street in Stockton at 3:20 a.m. The woman said she was inside her tent when she heard footsteps. The gunman never said a word before firing multiple shots at her. The injured woman fought back by charging at the person. She said the shooter was thin, about 6-feet-tall, wore dark clothing, and had a COVID-style mask."
Interesting is there is nothing about race. Did the poor woman really not see it, fighting for her life or was it left out on purpose and the police knows and keeps it to the vest for "political" reasons? Would they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back