GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no doubt that 'mom', cant even call her that, will be locked up forever too...:jail:

I hope your right katydid. It's taking so long that I can hardly believe there is finally some justice! Not that anything will bring this little guy back, but it's something.

The last death row inmate put to death in California was 2006 and there are currently 744 death row inmates on California’s death row. In just scanning over the list of death row inmates currently awaiting execution in California the inmate that has served the longest time was convicted in 1971. The odds of dying from old age on death row in California is astronomically higher than than of actually being executed. I personally do not understand why California continues to place the emotional and psychological burden on juror to make such a difficult as to determine to put another to death when in all likelihood the penalty will not be administered.

Simply put the only punishment value to a death row sentence is a) knowing 12 of their peers decided unanimously decided there were such a horrible unredeemable excuse for a human they are not worth another attempt to rehabilitate (as if it really matters to the person who committs such egregious crimes) or b) having the constant reminder that their life is in the hands of politicians who can at any time stick their finger in the air to determine public sentiment and begin to carry out the sentences ordered by the court and start setting execution dates. That is aleast in my mind a form of justified torture that can ar least render the Scott Peterson and Isauro Aguirres of California a little indigestion while playing basketball on the fresh air courts of California prisons. It’s a shame they can’t can’t be shipped to Texas where they actually comply with court ordered sentences and execute their death penalty reciepients.
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Capital_Punishment/docs/CondemnedInmateListSecure.pdf?pdf=Condemned-Inmates

I just don't think he should be allowed solitary confinement! That poor baby didn't even get that kind of PROTECTION! I want him to reap some of what he sowed. It is a sad sad world we live in!

As much as I agree with you about punishment of this killer let's not advocate violence OK?

It will make my job a lot easier.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please refresh my memory.... 2 more trials? I know Pearl, but what is the other one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the 2 social workers and 2 CPS supervisors

Also California death row is not solitary, most of it is single person cells in a group each having and open end (bars across the front so the entire cell is visible) there are other cells with other lovely neighbors to share the accomodations. In true solitary they would not be able to hear or communicate with other inmates.

JMHO

:judge:

Monday, November 27th:
*Sentencing/Penalty Phase starts @ PT (Day 19) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP Dark on Fridays // "mom" court date set for mid November, no actually "date" set.
State rested their case on Fri. Nov. 3rd; Defense began 11/6. Tuesday's (11/7) hearing ended early because the defense simply ran out of witnesses. The trial resumed on Monday (11/13) State & Defense gave closing arguments; jurors started deliberations on Tuesday 11/14.
GUILTY! of 1st degree murder with special circumstance of torture on Nov. 15th. Sentencing Nov. 27th

Does anyone know how many hours it is until IT is next in court. Its monday 11.40pm here in uk. Time zones get me every time.

I think it may have been on, I've just found this
http://abc7.com/palmdale-abuse-case-penalty-phase-for-isauro-aguirre-begins/2702327/
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The penalty phase began Monday for the Palmdale man found guilty of murdering his girlfriend's 8-year-old son, Gabriel Fernandez.

During opening statements, prosecutor Scott Yang and defense attorney Michael Sklar made their cases for and against giving Isauro Aguirre the death penalty.

Yang showed the jury very graphic photos of Gabriel's injuries, including in his mouth and genitals. Many in the courtroom became very emotional, shedding tears or sometimes having to exit the room.

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/11/27...e-for-killer-of-8-year-old-gabriel-fernandez/

Deputy District Attorney Scott Yang told the jury panel that the trial’s penalty phase, which is expected to last seven or eight days, will be “about the severity of the crime, the severity of the injuries to a helpless child, the impact of Gabriel Fernandez’ death on those who knew him and those who loved him. And it’s going to be about the defendant’s lack of remorse immediately after he killed Gabriel.”

“Gabriel was taken from the only parents he knew,” the prosecutor said of the boy’s grandparents, who cared for him before his mother and Aguirre took him away. “And for eight months he was abused, he was tortured and he was beaten, like a prisoner of war, at the hands of the defendant.”

Does anyone know how many hours it is until IT is next in court. Its monday 11.40pm here in uk. Time zones get me every time.

Okay - I am in Latvia, where I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific Time, and for the UK I am 2 hours ahead of you. So.... that would mean you are 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

For East Coast - I am 7 hours ahead, making UK time 5 hours ahead!

:wave:

Okay - I am in Latvia, where I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific Time, and for the UK I am 2 hours ahead of you. So.... that would mean you are 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

For East Coast - I am 7 hours ahead, making UK time 5 hours ahead!

:wave:

That’s a lot of math!! [emoji4][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DO0_Up2XUAA3h2U.jpg

JUSTICE for GABRIEL!!

Be forewarned. As in many articles about this precious boy, there is graphic material in this one.
http://abc7.com/amp/slain-palmdale-boys-father-i-should-have-been-there/2708177/
LOS ANGELES - The biological father of the 8-year-old Palmdale boy who was beaten to death took the stand on Tuesday, testifying against his son's killer.

It was the second day of the penalty phase for Isauro Aguirre, the man convicted of torturing and murdering Gabriel Fernandez, his girlfriend's son.

The prosecutor showed photos of Gabriel's biological father, Arnold Contreras, and his son to jurors.

Contreras said his family will never be the same after Gabriel's death. He explained that he was always against Gabriel moving in with the defendants.

He described how Gabriel was very energetic and kind.

"I was in Riverside County jail and the chaplain pulled me out, said he was on life support, and that they were going to take him off the next day," Contreras recalled.

"I felt... I don't know how to explain it," he said. "I felt hopeless, guilty. I should've been there."

The prosecutor asked Contreras, "If you were out of custody, would you have visited Gabriel like you did before?"

"Yes," Contreras said.

When asked what he would tell Gabriel today, Contreras said, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being there."

Gabriel's father said he asked to see Gabriel in the hospital but "they didn't let me."
http://abc7.com/amp/slain-palmdale-boys-father-i-should-have-been-there/2708177/

from article in post #535 said:
Slain Palmdale boy's father: 'I should have been there'

And "why" wasn't he.... he was in jail.... WHY oh WHY did Gabriel's grandparents give him back to Pearl.... :gaah:

Wondering "when" it will be Pearl's turn for justice?? Haven't seen anything, except for this that I have:

January, no date set:
*Trial set to begin @ 8:30am PT - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013) - Child Services personnel (Stephanie Rodrigues, Patricia Clement, and supervisors Kevin Bloom & Gregory Merritt) for one felony count child abuse & falsifying records - trial will start in January, 2018/starts at 8:30am PT/had hearing on Oct. 20th.
Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; pled not guilty; DA seeks DP; Trial set for mid November, no actual "date" set yet. // Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez); trial started 10/16, found GUILTY of 1st degree murder.

and this for January, no date set:

*Intellectual Disability Hearing @ 8:30am PT - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (34/29 @ time of crime) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; pled not guilty; DA seeks DP. Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez) - accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; trial started 10/16, found Guilty of 1st degree murder.
A 11/9 hearing was held re PF's "Intellectual Disability"; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. Hearing for this will be held sometime in January

:dunno:

and thanks again LaborDayRN for the article updates! :wave:

And "why" wasn't he.... he was in jail.... WHY oh WHY did Gabriel's grandparents give him back to Pearl.... :gaah:

Wondering "when" it will be Pearl's turn for justice?? Haven't seen anything, except for this that I have:

January, no date set:
*Trial set to begin @ 8:30am PT - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013) - Child Services personnel (Stephanie Rodrigues, Patricia Clement, and supervisors Kevin Bloom & Gregory Merritt) for one felony count child abuse & falsifying records - trial will start in January, 2018/starts at 8:30am PT/had hearing on Oct. 20th.
Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; pled not guilty; DA seeks DP; Trial set for mid November, no actual "date" set yet. // Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez); trial started 10/16, found GUILTY of 1st degree murder.

and this for January, no date set:

*Intellectual Disability Hearing @ 8:30am PT - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (34/29 @ time of crime) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; pled not guilty; DA seeks DP. Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez) - accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; trial started 10/16, found Guilty of 1st degree murder.
A 11/9 hearing was held re PF's "Intellectual Disability"; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. Hearing for this will be held sometime in January

:dunno:

and thanks again LaborDayRN for the article updates! :wave:

I believe there was a custody dispute and Gabriel was given back to Pearl.

Gabriel Fernandez had lived with his maternal grandparents since he was a few months old, when his mother, Pearl Fernandez, who struggled with a drug problem, signed over legal guardianship in a notarized document.

In September 2012, when Gabriel was 8, Pearl decided she wanted him back.

Her parents, Robert and Sandra Fernandez, asked the Sheriff’s Department to mediate the custody dispute, telling Deputies Adam Hilzendeger and David Nisenoff that Pearl had a history of neglecting and physically abusing her children.

In grand jury testimony, Robert Fernandez said he showed the deputies a notarized guardianship document as well as school records indicating that he and his wife were authorized to act as Gabriel’s parents.

http://www.latimes.com/local/califo...rnandez-sheriffs-deputies-20161222-story.html

According to the Sheriff’s Department’s policy manual, the welfare of the child “is of paramount concern” in custody disputes. In “problematical situations” such as those where the documentation is in question, deputies should file a report to prompt a thorough investigation by detectives.

But the deputies who came to the Fernandez house did not file a report, according to a court motion filed earlier this year by the district attorney’s office. Instead, they sided with Gabriel’s mother, dismissing the documents his grandparents showed them.

“And he just said it was fraud. So he got into an argument with my wife,” Robert Fernandez said of one of the deputies in grand jury testimony.

Gabriel went to live with his mother and her boyfriend, Isauro Aguirre. The abuse, prosecutors say, started soon afterward.

http://www.latimes.com/local/califo...rnandez-sheriffs-deputies-20161222-story.html

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two more people testified Wednesday in the penalty phase of a man convicted of torturing and murdering his girlfriend's 8-year-old son, Gabriel Fernandez.

The first person on Wednesday was Arturo Martinez Maranda, a security officer working for a welfare office in Palmdale.

He said the boy's mother, Pearl Fernandez, went to the office with Gabriel and her other two children shortly before the young boy's death in 2013.

He described seeing Gabriel's injuries and calling 911 to report it.

http://abc7.com/2-more-testify-in-penalty-phase-of-man-convicted-of-killing-palmdale-boy/2714552/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back