GUILTY CA - Gerardo Hernandez, 39, TSA agent, killed, 3 injured in LAX shooting, 1 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
anyone know anything about paul?
23-year-old American. Moved from New Jersey to L.A. Targeted TSA employees and carried anti-government materials. Threatened suicide to his father/brother.

That's what I think should happen- put the metal detectors at the front door, not way back in where they are now. They were prepared for terrorist bombers, not shooters.

This might work in warmer climates, but, baby, it's cold outside. Many airports also have minimal sidewalks meant for drop-offs rather than lines waiting to get inside.

This might work in warmer climates, but, baby, it's cold outside. Many airports also have minimal sidewalks meant for drop-offs rather than lines waiting to get inside.
Well in the airports I've been in in the last couple of months, the TSA screening is way past the baggage check-in. Couldn't they put it where the baggage check-in is??

I have searched for a facebook or myspace, and nothing, I even tried my paid sites! I don't get a young man that age with no history!

What a freaking shame. :(

The Ciancia family is so nice, good people, raised their kids right. Gosh, if this can happen to them, it can happen to anybody. How did this kid, whom was raised by such wonderful people, decide to do what he just did? It's so hard to comprehend.

God bless all the TSA officers that he targeted, as well as others injured as bystanders. So sad that such a senseless atrocity was even able to occur.

Sending peaceful wishes to everyone, especially the Ciancia family, as everyone struggles to figure out how this could have happened.

Can't wrap my head around it. Jesus...

What a freaking shame. :(

The Ciancia family is so nice, good people, raised their kids right. Gosh, if this can happen to them, it can happen to anybody. How did this kid, whom was raised by such wonderful people, decide to do what he just did? It's so hard to comprehend.

God bless all the TSA officers that he targeted, as well as others injured as bystanders. So sad that such a senseless atrocity was even able to occur.

Sending peaceful wishes to everyone, especially the Ciancia family, as everyone struggles to figure out how this could have happened.

Can't wrap my head around it. Jesus...
Well, since Ciancia didn't die he can be prosecuted, and maybe we will learn his motives for this senseless tragedy.

Well, since Ciancia didn't die he can be prosecuted, and maybe we will learn his motives for this senseless tragedy.

He'd better be prosecuted to the highest extent! Not only has he taken innocent people's lives, he's destroyed his whole family! They're hurting so deeply. Looks like he may have had issues that seemed innocent as a teen, but in hindsight kinda go hand in hand with the type of person that could be easily swayed by anti govt truther jargon. I'm curious to see if that's how this ends up and exactly what kind of connection there could be.

One thing I know for a fact is that his family are absolutely positively 100% amazing people that are now completely destroyed by Paul's senseless terroristic actions!

I have searched for a facebook or myspace, and nothing, I even tried my paid sites! I don't get a young man that age with no history!

I haven't found much either. I wonder if he was living off the grid and just has a very minimal presence online?

The LA Times has a short article about his high school life.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...iancia-20131101,0,7194078.story#axzz2jQsF5xeY

I looked but nothing popped out at me right away, only his brother's, & he's not on his friend's list. Maybe he doesn't have a social media acct. Idk. I'll look later.

Real quick wanted to note that not a single conversation has come up in which someone would say something negative about him from his past, only that he was a loner. In 1 article it said he had a speech impediment in HS but wasn't bullied, yada yada. I cannot stress enough that his family are wonderful people. Such a damn senseless tragedy! :mad:

I'm curious if he had a hunting license or license to carry/own a gun. Could he have taken a gun from NJ to CA when he decided to move across the country?

I would like to know what kind of anti-government stuff he was carrying! Most people that live off the grid, follow someone and in this day and age it is on the internet! And why would he go after TSA, that is a new one on me! I kinda keep my eye on anti-government stuff because of my husbands shooting!

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around some of this!

He'd better be prosecuted to the highest extent! Not only has he taken innocent people's lives, he's destroyed his whole family! They're hurting so deeply. Looks like he may have had issues that seemed innocent as a teen, but in hindsight kinda go hand in hand with the type of person that could be easily swayed by anti govt truther jargon. I'm curious to see if that's how this ends up and exactly what kind of connection there could be.

One thing I know for a fact is that his family are absolutely positively 100% amazing people that are now completely destroyed by Paul's senseless terroristic actions!
The FBI is taking the lead because the TSA agent was a federal employee and airports are also considered federal territory. He'll end up in a Federal prison, rather than some jail in L.A. LE doesn't take kindly to killing their own.

Real quick wanted to note that not a single conversation has come up in which someone would say something negative about him from his past, only that he was a loner. In 1 article it said he had a speech impediment in HS but wasn't bullied, yada yada. I cannot stress enough that his family are wonderful people. Such a damn senseless tragedy! :mad:

I'm curious if he had a hunting license or license to carry/own a gun. Could he have taken a gun from NJ to CA when he decided to move across the country?
He must have bought the gun in New Jersey, because you sure can't buy an assault rifle here!!

Found this but really have to roll now. Late for a game...

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...-new-world-order-conspiracy-theory-tract?lite

Sources: Alleged LAX gunman had 'new world order' conspiracy theory tract
NBC News
Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23, is shown in a driver's license photo.
By Pete Williams and Andrew Blankstein, NBC News

v78702.jpg

Snipped:
The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the material recovered from Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23, after the shootout at LAX appeared to have been prepared by a group called “New World Order.” One source said it also expressed animus toward racial minorities.

Snipped:
Pennsville, N.J., Police Chief Allen J. Cummings then contacted the Los Angeles Police Department to do a well-being check on Ciancia at his apartment in California. He wasn’t there when LAPD officers contacted his roommates about 10 a.m. local time, but they said everything was fine.

Snipped:
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said at a news conference later Friday that the gunman had with him at least 100 more rounds of ammunition that “literally would have killed everyone in that terminal.”

http://ktla.com/2013/11/01/accused-...ancia-targeted-tsa-sources-say/#axzz2jVnatFau

Accused LAX Gunman, Paul Anthony Ciancia, Targeted TSA, Sources Say
17 hours ago
by Kennedy Ryan
Web Producer

Snipped:
Passenger Leon Saryan hid in a corner and watc.hed as the shooter “calmly walking down the corridor” toward him.

“He said, ‘TSA?’” Saryan said. “I just shook my head, and he kept going.”

An anti-government note was also found in Ciancia carry-on bag that expressed “his disappointment with government,” the L.A. Times reported.

The note ended with the letters “NWO” which was believed to stand for “New World Order,” law enforcement sources said.

Snipped:
In texts to his brother and father, Ciancia said he was unhappy and discouraged living in Los Angeles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back