GUILTY CA - Gerardo Hernandez, 39, TSA agent, killed, 3 injured in LAX shooting, 1 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the full complaint:

http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/filed-ciancia-complaint-1.pdf

2a4zswh.jpg

2s6a2i1.jpg

2195axg.jpg

w1d076.jpg

15yc092.jpg

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...nt-against-lax-shooting-suspect-paul-ciancia/

FBI Officially Files Criminal Complaint Against LAX Shooting Suspect Paul Ciancia
November 2, 2013 8:34 PM

Snipped:
In addition, the FBI also set up a website asking the public to submit any digital materials pertaining to Ciancia or the incident.

To leave tips or digital materials about the shooting, click here:
https://laxshootingtips.fbi.gov/

Witnesses are also asked to call the FBI Los Angeles tip line at (888) 226-8443.

The FBI wrote in a statement, “No piece of information or detail is too small.”

Words cannot describe the sorrow my heart feels for those that died, for their loved ones and the community.

It also breaks my heart that someone so young with mental illness was either blind to the fact that what he was doing would lead to his execution or felt so hopeless that he did not care his actions would be punished with the death penalty.

See link for the graphic pic...

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: First photo of shot TSA killer
By Philip MessingNovember 2, 2013 | 4:07pm

http://nypost.com/2013/11/02/warning-graphic-content-first-photo-of-shot-tsa-killer/

Snipped:
In this stunning first image of the alleged shooter, Ciancia is seen with his hands cuffed behind his slim body, surrounded by law enforcement as he stares off into space, next to a thick, bright pool of his own blood on the floor.

The shot he took to the mouth knocked out teeth and split his tongue, sources said. Ciancia, a Pennsville, NJ, native, is in critical condition at UCLA Medical Center.

I honestly am having a hard time vilifying this young man. Perhaps it is because he is my children's age. Perhaps it is because one of my children has controlled MH issues. I just wish he had had the help he needed out in LA. There are so many kids with MH issues that go umdiagnosed,or they are non compliant with treatment and medicine. Despite the best efforts of the parents, more tragedies like this are bound to occur. Maybe this will prompt a referendum on our mental health system in this country. My heart goes out to all those affected by this. The passengers, the airport workers, the families, the young children., the TSA workers. Thousands of people.
I still think of boys his age as kids, not men. Thankfully, this kid has a father who seems to love him. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much he can do at this point to help. Sigh....

It seems like in so many cases when it comes to these types of shootings we're dealing with people that have undiagnosed mental health issues or mental health issues that if properly paid attention to and treated tragedies could have been avoided. So I agree with you, I think their should be a referendum on the mental health system in this country. And it's not just tragedies like this one. Such a referendum could also help avoid at least some children, families and other innocents from being killed or kidnapped. I don't know if we could totally prevent all of them, but at least there would be less of them.

I've been reading about the Patriot movement and The New World Order. It seems like people like that believe these things range from the harmless conspiracy theorists to the extreme of monsters like Timoty McVeigh. The shooter in this tragedy was so young though. If he would have been treated, maybe he wouldn't have been vulnerable to take the ideology to such an extreme.

I understand your compassion for the shooter. I wish something had been done, I wish we could do something to prevent incidents like this.

Cali is no Flori so if a defensive insanity plea can be proven via this Axis I disorder (i.e. Schizophrenia), it will happen & it will take the death penalty off the table.

Well California really doesn't have the death penalty anyway. Okay, they SAY they do but it has been what...nearly 8 years since their last execution and they have nearly TWICE the number of death row inmates than any other state?

Seems like another joke being pulled on the CA taxpayers, death penalty decisions are VERY expensive so if they won't actually execute any of their heinous killers what is the point? So lawyers can make more money filing appeals?

deathrow_2_men.png

He has been charged with FEDERAL crimes, not State crimes. California's Death Penalty policies are irrelevant. If convicted, he will go to Federal prison, not State prison.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/02/warning-graphic-content-first-photo-of-shot-tsa-killer/

Snipped:
In this stunning first image of the alleged shooter, Ciancia is seen with his hands cuffed behind his slim body, surrounded by law enforcement as he stares off into space, next to a thick, bright pool of his own blood on the floor.

The shot he took to the mouth knocked out teeth and split his tongue, sources said. Ciancia, a Pennsville, NJ, native, is in critical condition at UCLA Medical Center.

Despite the possibility he suffers from mental illness of some type, seeing Ciancia in this photo does not disturb me. He is still alive whereas Mr. Hernandez is not.

There is no excuse for what he did.

MOO

Snipped:

Are we sure this photo is not a fake, the clothes seem wrong from what people said he was wearing!

Its totally fake, imo. No 2 inch thick pools of blood or giant blood stained carpet in photos after he is removed.

Are we sure this photo is not a fake, the clothes seem wrong from what people said he was wearing!

Looking at it again, the blood pool does look fake, however the blood on the face seems consistent with the injuries to his mouth (knocking teeth out, splitting the tongue).

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's fake considering the source.

:waitasec:

MOO

Looking at it again, the blood pool does look fake, however the blood on the face seems consistent with the injuries to his mouth (knocking teeth out, splitting the tongue).

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's fake considering the source.

:waitasec:

MOO

He doesn't look 23 but an old balding man the photo is surreal...

Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-rifle-20131101,0,4682951.story#axzz2jbiWFIEQ

"“They hit him multiple times before he went down,” said one law enforcement source. A witness said the gunman was wearing a bulletproof vest."

"Vernon Cardenas, 45, was one of the last people still inside Terminal 3, and was trying to determine whether he’d be safer running or staying when he found himself face to face with the gunman. The gunman, dressed in dark clothing and no longer carrying a bag, had his weapon pointed to the ground and stared directly into Cardenas’ face.

“He wasn’t moving like he was being chased,” said Cardenas, the executive chef at State Social House restaurant in West Hollywood who was preparing to fly on Virgin America to Philadelphia to conduct auditions for the television show “MasterChef.”"

New York Daily News:

"“It was surreal,” recalled Tom Lagos, who saw the airport killer in action. “My wife and I were waiting for our flight to Newark at Gate 33 in the Virgin terminal, and we just saw a stampede of people headed in our direction with incredible fear in their eyes.

“He was alone, wearing a lot of baggy clothes and a dark flannel shirt. He was a slender, young white guy and walking with this long gun. It was so eerie. He wasn’t in a hurry, not really engaging anyone. He looked like he was moving in a methodical way.”"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...re-la-airport-article-1.1503916#ixzz2jblgoTq0

Despite the possibility he suffers from mental illness of some type, seeing Ciancia in this photo does not disturb me. He is still alive whereas Mr. Hernandez is not.

There is no excuse for what he did.

MOO

And while I pray for justice, nothing will bring him back. Nothing can be done to reverse the ripple effect of this tragedy. Nothing.

Vernon again:

"Los Angeles chef Vernon Cardenas, who was en route to Philadelphia to audition for the MasterChef TV programme, said the gunman looked at him but didn't shoot.

He described a white man in his 20s with "dirty blonde hair". Mr Cardenas said: "He was dressed in navy blue clothes, he almost looked like an employee of the airport. He was walking around in sort of a daze.""

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/lax-shooter-hated-the-government-2013-11#ixzz2jboRaE6M

Originally from The Telegraph

He described a white man in his 20s with "dirty blonde hair". [/I]

Sorry but on what planet is his hair color "dirty blonde"? Even the AFTER photos clearly show his very short hair is dark brown.

Interesting how the media keeps talking about the color of his hair. :rolleyes:

By TAMI ABDOLLAH | Associated Press – 37 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The 23-year-old gunman charged in a deadly shooting at Los Angeles International Airport told authorities at the scene that he acted alone and had been dropped off at the airport by a friend, a law enforcement official who has been briefed on the investigation said Sunday.
Authorities do not believe the friend knew that Paul Ciancia, the man charged in the attack, planned to open fire inside LAX's Terminal 3 just moments later, killing one Transportation Security Administration officer and wounding four others, including two more TSA workers, said the official, who is not authorized to speak publicly about the investigation and requested anonymity.
Ciancia was dropped off in a black Hyundai and was not a ticketed passenger. He was able to respond to investigators' questions at the scene Friday, the source said. more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/gunman-told-police-acted-alone-lax-shooting-174959371.html

Tribune wire and newspaper reports 11:35 a.m. CST, November 3, 2013

LOS ANGELES—
The suspected gunman in last week's deadly attack at Los Angeles International Airport wrote a note saying he intended to die after killing at least one security officer, the chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security said on Sunday.

Twenty-three-year-old Paul Anthony Ciancia also discussed weaknesses in airport security in the "suicide" note before Friday's attack, Michael McCaul, the Republican congressman from Texas who chairs the committee, told CNN.Ciancia is accused of fatally shooting a Transportation Security Administration officer, the first employee from the agency to die in the line of duty since it was created 12 years ago. Airport police shot and wounded the gunman, ending the rampage.

"It's clearly one of those notes that reads, 'I'm going to kill people and I don't want to kill civilians,' with the idea that he's going to die at the end of this," McCaul, who said he had read the note, told CNN.

He said the note "talks a lot about killing TSA agents, and he said, 'If I just kill one, my mission is accomplished.'"

In a criminal complaint filed on Saturday, investigators said they found a handwritten letter signed by Ciancia in his bag that addressed TSA officials, writing that he wanted to "instill fear in your traitorous minds." more at link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-lax-shooting-20131103,0,119366.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back