GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, he was going to be sentenced on July 9th for those gun-related charges.

I found the Case # in Vista through a court index search, but still don't know the actual gun-related crime.

Found this too.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jun/21/belvedere-flint-arrest-mercado-shooting/

"According to jail records, Mercado previously was arrested on April 29 and booked into county jail on gun-related charges. Court records show he was charged on May 5 in Vista Superior Court. The nature of the case was not immediately available."

bbm

I could be wrong but I think maybe when they got him and the gun on April 29, since it was a felony they could get a swab for DNA and possible ballistic match to bullets used in the killings. IIRC he plead guilty so must have bonded out until sentencing. In the meantime LE connected some dots. And maybe even lined him up with video surveillance from that night and a car match.

But apparently they interviewed him for nearly 8 or 9 hours, between the arrest time and the booking time. Perhaps the delay in first arraignment is to allow time to act on information learned from the interview. I'm sure going through his cellphone records will be a real party for LE.

JMO's

Oh, gotcha. Apologies. I was thinking that maybe the reason why there's no mug shot is because he had facial injuries when they brought him in and jumped to conclusions on what the "Welcome wagon" was.

Either way, I just really, really hope it wasn't a suicide attempt ... my husband mentioned that possibility earlier today and it would be crushing if that we're allowed to happen. It has happened before though!

Ooh, I wonder if there was someone else who is involved that was arrested, too, and what if that person was seeking payback for getting arrested along with main suspect? We still need the driver accomplice, right?

Eeeek, marble ... I didn't even think of that possibility. The no mugshot thing is pretty weird, right?

I hadn't thought of that. :-( I was definitely just referring to other inmates. Given all the SD police drama recently, I sure hope they're keeping their noses clean. When the neighbor spoke of the arrest that took place on the front lawn,, she did not indicate violence. I know that means very little though...
Oh, gotcha. Apologies. I was thinking that maybe the reason why there's no mug shot is because he had facial injuries when they brought him in and jumped to conclusions on what the "Welcome wagon" was.

I was thinking along the lines of fellow detainees having at him ... no one said it was a laughing matter!

I believe a new inmate with charges of this magnitude is usually kept in solitary and suicide watch at least for the first week or two while they go through initial court hearings and a period of diagnosis.

I wonder if he tried to cut himself or hang himself somehow? If nothing else they'll get a Psyc Eval now before allowing him to appear in a Court.

JMO's

It is! I don't think it would be withheld for being all beat up, we see those all the time.
Eeeek, marble ... I didn't even think of that possibility. The no mugshot thing is pretty weird, right?

Either way, I just really, really hope it wasn't a suicide attempt ... my husband mentioned that possibility earlier today and it would be crushing if that we're allowed to happen. It has happened before though!

Ooh, I wonder if there was someone else who is involved that was arrested, too, and what if that person was seeking payback for getting arrested along with main suspect? We still need the driver accomplice, right?

Man arrested in triple murder taken to hospital
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25841029/man-arrested-in-triple-murder-taken-to-hospital

Channel 8 news reporting Mercado was moved to a hospital overnight!
Oh, you knew already. :blushing:

I know, poor News 8 ... they're still awaiting a return call from suspect's attorney, too! I just can't believe how much KNSD knows compared to them!

My heart is with the families of Gianni Ilona and Sal tonight. I can't imagine what they are going through, and can only pray they have all the support they need at this time.

:praying:

Thank you all for your links and updates to the thread. While we await official word, being able to count on my fellow WSers is a comfort I truly appreciate at times like this.

:heartluv:

#RIPGianni
#RIPIlona
#RIPSal
:rose: :rose: :rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting comments, but I still can't find a pic of this guy.
Suspect in Christmas Eve triple homicide transferred to hospital
http://www.10news.com/news/man-arrested-in-connection-with-mission-valley-mall-shootings-06212014

Here's KNSD
Triple Homicide Suspect Hospitalized, Faced Serious Weapons Charges
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Faced-Serious-Weapons-Charges-264177631.html

That comment about the google map is interesting (and accurate). I'll save a screenhot and when a photo is release, see if it matches.

I sure hope SDPD went through Carlo's closet, could be a certain hoodie in there!

Police discovered a loaded weapon in Mercado's vehicle as he was heading back from target practice on Jan. 18 -- the day after Gianni Belvedere's body was found in Riverside -- according to police records and his attorney.

Mercado was arrested for the violation months later on April 29.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Weapons-Charges-264177631.html#ixzz35Qofu5v7
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Some coincidence, huh? LE's been working on this guy and others all this time.

JMO

I'm totally confused how this guy was linked to the murders? Through ballistics testing? I'm not sure what else it could be. Does anyone know or is it all hush hush still? I don't see anything in MSM.

Police discovered a loaded weapon in Mercado's vehicle as he was heading back from target practice on Jan. 18 -- the day after Gianni Belvedere's body was found in Riverside -- according to police records and his attorney.

Mercado was arrested for the violation months later on April 29.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Weapons-Charges-264177631.html#ixzz35Qofu5v7
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Some coincidence, huh? LE's been working on this guy and others all this time.

JMO

Thank You!

"According to Berg, his client pleaded guilty to possessing a silencer, and prosecutors dropped the three other charges."
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Weapons-Charges-264177631.html#ixzz35Qofu5v7

Apparently, silencers are illegal, in most cases, in California. It's a big deal that he was caught with one. I never gave the subject much thought.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Silencers
Penal Code 33410
Any person, firm, or corporation who within this state possesses a silencer is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or by a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.

I'm still confused as to how that one picture was linked to the supposed perp in this case. Was it the same guy using a completely different name? Or just a really messed up case of mistaken identity?

I'm totally confused how this guy was linked to the murders? Through ballistics testing? I'm not sure what else it could be. Does anyone know or is it all hush hush still? I don't see anything in MSM.

I don't believe anyone outside of LE knows yet. Obviously they were interested in him prior to charging him for the silencer. That wasn't a coincidence, imo. Perhaps LE was acting on an anonymous tip. Or, more likely, LE questioned someone connected to him who gave up his name. Someone connected to both him and one or more of the victims would be my guess. (And it truly is just a guess.) We'll have to wait and see. Keep your fingers crossed that we get a few tidbits tomorrow from the presser.

I'm still confused as to how that one picture was linked to the supposed perp in this case. Was it the same guy using a completely different name? Or just a really messed up case of mistaken identity?

Google images shows that picture when you google his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member