GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing, mrsobrien ... just when we thought we had the pieces falling together!!!

It's ok...we'll get there! This is the typical *****storm we tend to see at this stage, right?
I was thinking the same thing, mrsobrien ... just when we thought we had the pieces falling together!!!

gettez -

The the most recent article I could find (posted today, updated 4 hours ago) only says 'tomorrow afternoon'. Sorry if you've received a response by the time this posts, having a heck of a time getting a posting window to open so trying to use the quick reply, hope it'll post sometime tonight. lol

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/families-looking-for-motive-in-triple-murder-case

Why does it say he's still in the hospital?

Updated: Jun 24, 2014 6:28 PM PDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/families-looking-for-motive-in-triple-murder-case

"Mercado is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon, but remains in the hospital. His attorney says he will plead not guilty." BBM

Tylenol is that paracetamol? I wonder how many he took? Maybe he has liver damage and that is why he is still in hospital. JMOO

:waitasec:It's such a long drive up to the Riverside area. If you google map the address where Gianni's car was found, you'll see it's an odd place, and quite populated, to think of going on the sly. Everybody was looking for Gianni and his car at that time! Again, a bold action. (must think he has the power to be invisible, huh) :hiding:
<snippped for space>

Based on what we know I think he either:

- Thinks he can be invisible
- Is so cocky he thought he was getting away with it so he doesn't care
- Or... just doesn't care about being caught for some other reason

I mean, we know he's cold-blooded and heartless, and it's pretty damn bold to choose such a relatively public place, plus go in and out of the mall (if that was him on the camera) several times. To then shoot people in a mall parking lot at point blank range not far from a Christmas Tree farm where people were staying in a trailer. Oh and I'm not sure where Target is in proximity to where the shootings happened but wasn't there a reasonable possibility one of his coworkers might have stumbled across him in the parking lot?

Just seems to me to be so cocky, bold, or "don't give a <censored>" about the whole thing.

Of course my opinion may change once we hear from him. Somehow I doubt we'll hear much from the arraignment but I can hope we do. So many questions.

Tylenol is that paracetamol? I wonder how many he took? Maybe he has liver damage and that is why he is still in hospital. JMOO

I've always heard the generic of Tylenol called acetaminophen, but that may be a regional thing. A quick Google search shows it's the same thing and yes, it can lead to liver damage in high doses.

A few pages back someone said taking the Tylenol actually makes him look more guilty right from the start. If he is as innocent as his attorney says then why would he be so worried . According to his attorney, it's just a simple misunderstanding on the part of LE. Why get so dramatic and take the Tylenol if you're innocent?

I guess it's possible he damaged his liver. Hey, if he did the crimes, then he definitely ruined, not only his liver, but the rest of his life.

This is about Ilona, Gianni, and Sal and the Justice they, and their loved ones, deserve.

I'm pretty sure he worked in Mission Valley I'm sure I've seen him unless he works at Target in Point Loma...I'm there often too... I know I can see him in my head I'm good at remembering weird details like that but maybe all of this is making me start to crack

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Someone a ways back (maybe best?) had mentioned the car-to-go being around that area. I suppose that could be a possibility as the "suspect's" car and not having to leave his real car behind ... but I think LE would check who last rented that really quickly.

I don't know how a guy of his smaller size could manage the maneuver into the trunk ... that's very bothersome.

And I just remember that one person up at the Riverside mall saying they noticed the car because it was parked in their regular spot and it hadn't been there long.

I suppose there's a small possibility that there is some room in the suspect's garage and maybe his sister and brother-in-law were gone for a long while for the holidays. But how could he get all the way to Riverside undetected unless he switched plates ... unlikely though!

I sure hope this all becomes clearer tomorrow!

BBM He probably made Gianni go into the trunk at gunpoint. :( So horrible to even type that out.

I believe he may still be in the hospital due to a suicide attempt. That would put him on psych hold. Also HIPPA laws could prevent releasing the nature of his health issues.

JMO's

On a tv news report, the anchor broadcasted from outside UCSD hospital in Hillcrest. They do have facilities for inpatient psych care.
http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/psych/Pages/adult-inpatient.aspx
I don't believe it's been confirmed that he's there, just speculating based on the report being done there.
I believe he may still be in the hospital due to a suicide attempt. That would put him on psych hold. Also HIPPA laws could prevent releasing the nature of his health issues.

JMO's

BBM He probably made Gianni go into the trunk at gunpoint. :( So horrible to even type that out.

I know, Vedder ... that had crossed my mind, and I didn't even want to think about that, but it's probably the only way this smaller man could have done it :-( I'm claustrophobic so I hope it didn't last long for him.

I'm so angry about all of this and it keeps me up at night. And even if we find out the "why" today, it's not going to make me any less angry.

Someone a ways back (maybe best?) had mentioned the car-to-go being around that area. I suppose that could be a possibility as the "suspect's" car and not having to leave his real car behind ... but I think LE would check who last rented that really quickly.

I don't know how a guy of his smaller size could manage the maneuver into the trunk ... that's very bothersome.

And I just remember that one person up at the Riverside mall saying they noticed the car because it was parked in their regular spot and it hadn't been there long.

I suppose there's a small possibility that there is some room in the suspect's garage and maybe his sister and brother-in-law were gone for a long while for the holidays. But how could he get all the way to Riverside undetected unless he switched plates ... unlikely though!

I sure hope this all becomes clearer tomorrow!

I'm thinking he had Gianni get in the trunk himself - at gunpoint.

Sorry - redundant

Tylenol, or acetaminophen, is the same as paracetamol. Paracetamol is more a UK name. Tylenol is a bad drug to OD on. Usually slow death, liver failure, renal failure, and survivors may need liver transplants depending on the amount taken and time duration before treatment is started. Can lead to long hospitalizations.

Ugh...forgot to mention encephalopathy...which can lead to memory loss...convenient...

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/victims-family-says-triple-murder-suspect-worked-at-same-mall

Carlo Mercado, 29, denies any involvement in the deaths of the Belvedere brothers and Ilona Flint. Mercado is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. in downtown court. His attorney says he will plead not guilty.

Mercado was jailed Friday and later transferred to UC San Diego Medical Center to be treated for an overdose of Tylenol, according to a law enforcement source. His online booking screen currently indicates he is being housed on the 3rd floor, Psychiatric Security Unit of the San Diego Central Jail.

"One day after Gianni's body was found, Mercado was stopped at the San Onofre checkpoint. Officers confiscated two handguns, an assault rifle and a silencer. Other charges were dropped, but he pleaded guilty to possessing a silencer on May 5."

BBM

Yeah...not booted off yet :-) This story and news reports about him being stopped at the San Onofre checkpoint has a some holes in it somewhere and nags at me. They have said he was pulled over at the checkpoint on his return from target shooting in the desert. The only checkpoints are going north out of San Diego and not south into San Diego and that goes for all Boarder Patrol check points throughout the county.

Also they don't pull many automobile over unless they assume you are from Mexico and not a resident. Perhaps he just looked more Hispanic than Filipino?

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member