GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see this has become a full time job for me :facepalm: JK Still awaiting any information on the inmate that was killed yesterday in the same prison housing unit as CM. Nothing new on msm to link this morning. Although chances are slim that it's him I would just like to hear that it's confirmed as not being him.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July everyone!!! :fireworks:
I thought you were in the shower :mad: haha I'm so creepy...it's more like a career that you can't get out of. I can't believe you didn't adopt a piggy with me and share custody. For SDHelps sake let's hope this trial happens swiftly. Have a safe holiday everyone!!!

Happy July 4 everyone!

CM still shows on the inmate roster at SDC. I believe it must not have been him. Plus they have to produce him to court on the 9th. After his little Tylenol fiasco I would imagine they have him on 24 hour video.

JMO's

Happy 4th wherever you are today ... it's beautiful here today in San Diego and I know that's certainly not the case everywhere! Stay safe WSers!

I agree that I don't expect it to be CM but these types of deaths are often reported on the San Diego Coroner's page so I've been looking there periodically:

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/me/press/press.html

I'm bummed I missed best's photo post, but I'll keep watching for it to come back.

Happy 4th wherever you are today ... it's beautiful here today in San Diego and I know that's certainly not the case everywhere! Stay safe WSers!

I agree that I don't expect it to be CM but these types of deaths are often reported on the San Diego Coroner's page so I've been looking there periodically:

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/me/press/press.html

I'm bummed I missed best's photo post, but I'll keep watching for it to come back.

Thanks for adding the link gettez! From what I understand the picture you missed is an 2012 picture of CM at a target range just solidifying his attraction of guns IMO

Happy 4th :fireworks2:

I wonder if CM is still having his sentencing hearing today for the weapons charges?

Berg also confirmed Mercado was previously arrested earlier this year on four gun-related charges. Public records show Mercado had pleaded guilty, with his sentencing for those charges scheduled for July 9.

I for one am anxiously awaiting his status hearing tomorrow on the murder charges but in all honesty I'm not sure what all they would tell us on that? I'm hoping we will hear something about the evidence against him and possible motive.

Mercado is due back in court for a status hearing on July 10.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Belvedere-Flint-264616411.html#ixzz36ykXpDQp
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Since I don't see a thing in MSM regarding Carlo's court dates I browsed through the Superior Court calendar for today and tomorrow and I didn't see his name at all but may have missed it. Mind you it appears San Diego Superior Court see's a LOT of cases on a daily basis.

Off to work, but here is the link for the court calendar if anyone wants to take a gander?

http://www.sdcourt.ca.gov/portal/page?_pageid=55,1056880&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I believe it would be interesting if at !:30 sentence hearing if Prosecutors will or would let the Judge know if that silencer was used in the killings before sentencing. If so at least the Judge can sentence him to the maximum for the charge.

Also I am wondering how the Belvedere family feels about the death penalty. In so much that Mercado was "lying in wait" in committing these killings he should be eligible for the death penalty. Many times the victim's family has a lot of input with Prosecutors decision as to whether to pursue the DP. And I have seen situations where a family changes their feelings on the subject once faced with it on such a personal level.

JMO's

I believe it would be interesting if at !:30 sentence hearing if Prosecutors will or would let the Judge know if that silencer was used in the killings before sentencing. If so at least the Judge can sentence him to the maximum for the charge.

Also I am wondering how the Belvedere family feels about the death penalty. In so much that Mercado was "lying in wait" in committing these killings he should be eligible for the death penalty. Many times the victim's family has a lot of input with Prosecutors decision as to whether to pursue the DP. And I have seen situations where a family changes their feelings on the subject once faced with it on such a personal level.

JMO's

Ok back for a quick reply then really off to work :floorlaugh: BBM above, it is my understanding the family does not wish to seek the death penalty but Best can chime in here with her first hand comments. But IMO I would think as the motive and story unfolds a family could certainly change their stance on that. :moo:

As a fellow California resident, I don't know that I'd bother seeking the death penalty either. Odds are he'd die in prison before he'd ever be put to death, and there would be so many appeals, trials, etc. to go through where they'd have to relive their pain. If they can get several "life in prison" sentences plus a few hundred years (which tells you what a joke the prison sentences are, but that's a separate rant) they're probably better off. Don't get me wrong, I want him punished, but I hope they can find a way to do it that minimizes their pain so they can heal.

I have a friend that works for the State Facility that houses death row inmates in MO. According to him death row inmates actually are treated better than general population prisoners. Lifers are in gen pop and subject all the perils that brings, with hundreds of prisoners. Their facility and cellmate can change at any time for any reason. They are no longer going to lawyers, a walk to the courthouse or any "field trips".

On the other hand, a DP prisoner gets to see appeal attorneys progressively for years, many trips to court etc. According to my friend DP prisoners get more law library time and out of cell time than lifers. Protected from gen pop prisoners they have a routine usually not interrupted. Almost like a small club.

JMO's

Thank you for this gettez :tyou:

I was on my way here to give an update via "Best" and her media friend that the weapons charge will probably not be settled until the trial resolved. And now the "status conference" will actually be on August 5th.

Sorry I do not have links but was sent the information via text from Best/NBC contact. As soon as links are available I will add. I will let Best fill in the blanks when she is up to it as she is a sick puppy. It's going to be a very long month before we hear anything else :gaah:

Apparently rifling on the silencer cannot be matched to bullets used in the killings. Otherwise LE would combine the cases. Wishful thinking on my part. Since he has plead guilty to this charge I do not understand why it won't conclude until after the triple homicide. Hope Best get Bester.

JMO's

Great posts today, everybody!!!

At least we now know CM wasn't the jail death from last week.

Get better, Best!!!

Hello All - I've been following this case from day one like many of you on here. I was in that mall parking lot the night before the murders and it just really affected me. So, I've been reading all the postings since December and finally now getting around to posting myself.

I am so glad to know they have caught someone for this crime. However, I find it hard to believe CM acted alone. I'm wondering like everyone - what the DA will say the motive is. I still can't shake the idea that this had to have been a murder for hire (IMO). I'm wondering if police will be making more arrests. Wish we had a bit more info to comprehend why this horrific murder happened to these three beautiful young people. Has anyone heard if there definitely is/or is not any type of connection between CM and anyone related to Sal, Gianni, and Ilona? I thought I read somewhere on here that it was unclear if someone in the Belvedere family knew CM. Does anyone know?

Apparently rifling on the silencer cannot be matched to bullets used in the killings. Otherwise LE would combine the cases. Wishful thinking on my part. Since he has plead guilty to this charge I do not understand why it won't conclude until after the triple homicide. Hope Best get Bester.

JMO's

BBM: We don't his for sure yet and with what little information we do know going forward I feel in my gut that might change... Everything is still very quiet on the CM front.

Hello All - I've been following this case from day one like many of you on here. I was in that mall parking lot the night before the murders and it just really affected me. So, I've been reading all the postings since December and finally now getting around to posting myself.

I am so glad to know they have caught someone for this crime. However, I find it hard to believe CM acted alone. I'm wondering like everyone - what the DA will say the motive is. I still can't shake the idea that this had to have been a murder for hire (IMO). I'm wondering if police will be making more arrests. Wish we had a bit more info to comprehend why this horrific murder happened to these three beautiful young people. Has anyone heard if there definitely is/or is not any type of connection between CM and anyone related to Sal, Gianni, and Ilona? I thought I read somewhere on here that it was unclear if someone in the Belvedere family knew CM. Does anyone know?

Welcome aboard Barbarella :welcome4:

To answer your question regarding any connection between CM and Sal, Gianni and Ilona we just don't know yet. At first there was speculation he worked within the same MV Mall but now that seems to be a rumor. We were hoping for some answers today but that has now been postponed till Aug. 5th.

Carlo-Mercado-07092014.jpg

Apparently he now has a Public Defender...

Carlo Mercado, 29, was in San Diego Superior Court for sentencing on a separate charge of having a gun silencer, but it was reset for Aug. 5.

A spokeswoman for the District Attorney’s Office said that case likely won’t be resolved until after the triple homicide case concludes.

Mercado also was appointed a public defender to represent him in the killings – a case that the district attorney has indicated he could seek the death penalty.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rt-Carlo-Mercado-266515061.html#ixzz3728km0Jh
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Thank you for this gettez :tyou:

I was on my way here to give an update via "Best" and her media friend that the weapons charge will probably not be settled until the trial resolved. And now the "status conference" will actually be on August 5th.

Sorry I do not have links but was sent the information via text from Best/NBC contact. As soon as links are available I will add. I will let Best fill in the blanks when she is up to it as she is a sick puppy. It's going to be a very long month before we hear anything else :gaah:

Hope Best is feeling better. Yes, thanks gettez.

What a great team of dedicated sleuthers we have here. Just want to say thanks to all of you for keeping me updated. I thought it was scheduled for today. :blushing:

So, he's alive and we have to keep waiting for answers. As you said, :gaah:

You deserve some flowers, too, SDHELPS. :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads