GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Way too high profile...I had the media waiting outside my office for a comment or update last year. Honestly I'd be surprised if he doesn't get life without parole as a plea bargain. I remember after he was arrested both sides of the victims families had empathy for his family and what they must be going through. I do wonder where Gianni's car was parked for those few weeks. Thanks SD HELPS for messaging me on Facebook right as I finished my sleuthing detox :p None the less I think tragedy as well as others involving guns needs to bring attention to gun control at a different level other than political I think if you are trying to buy a gun you need have clearances from some sort of database such as CURES and if you are on medication or have been on medication for psychological disorders that can be on a spectrum of violence or potential for violence you can't have a gun or access to one and there needs to be some accountability with family members who try to bond with their children at shooting ranges such as CM or the Sandy Hook shooter. There are so many incidents that could have been prevented to a certain degree if there was more resources for a psychologist/psychiatrist to step in and say this person should not have access to guns without it being a violation of the paitent's rights. James Holmes, Carlo Mercado, Eliot Rodgers, The guy who shot the reporters on live TV recently, and the Sandy Hook shooter all had documented mental illness with the potential for violence yet still acquired guns legally.

I saw this on the news last night. So the Dr.s at Patton deems him competent but he still has two more trials set before he can move forward to a trial for murder.

Last year, Mercado was deemed incompetent to stand trial and was sent to Patton State Hospital for treatment. He was recently returned to San Diego after doctors at Patton declared him competent.

The mental competency trial is scheduled for Nov. 12. A status conference is set for Sept. 28.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29990413/man-accused-in-christmas-eve-killings-in-court

Sorry BITW for waking you from your sleuthing slumber but we have work to do! Missed you! :slap:

OT but I almost forgot how to post here lol

I've been looking in over here lately and didn't see the thread bumped up with the news of the Patton docs saying he's competent and now a trial to prove such, thank goodness this is finally moving forward, thanks for all the links, folks!

I saw this on the news last night. So the Dr.s at Patton deems him competent but he still has two more trials set before he can move forward to a trial for murder.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29990413/man-accused-in-christmas-eve-killings-in-court

Sorry BITW for waking you from your sleuthing slumber but we have work to do! Missed you! :slap:

OT but I almost forgot how to post here lol

"The mental competency trial is scheduled for Nov. 12. A status conference is set for Sept. 28."

Anyone know what time the status conference tomorrow is set for?

OT...have followed this case all along, without posting, but wondering if it should be moved to "Upcoming Trials" or some other forum? Jmo

OT...have followed this case all along, without posting, but wondering if it should be moved to "Upcoming Trials" or some other forum? Jmo

Good point cluciano. My only thought is that we don't know yet if he will stand trial for murder until his further proceedings hearing October 19. I'm not exactly sure how this all works but I think that hearing the court will then decide if he is competent to stand trial and proceed from there? Anyone else familiar with the judicial system, please feel free to chime in :)

http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#0092488900515841

Suspect: Carlo Mercado
Charge: Murder
DOB: 03/16/1985
Court No.: CD256872
Prosecutor: Brian Erickson
Defense: Gary Gibson
Synopsis:
Custody Status: In custody
Next Court Date: Further Proceedings, Oct 19 2015 9:00AM, Department 11, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

Just came to check when the next court date is, hope I don't forget to check for tweets Monday morning.

Good point cluciano. My only thought is that we don't know yet if he will stand trial for murder until his further proceedings hearing October 19. I'm not exactly sure how this all works but I think that hearing the court will then decide if he is competent to stand trial and proceed from there? Anyone else familiar with the judicial system, please feel free to chime in :)

Synopsis:
Next Court Date: Further Proceedings, Oct 19 2015 9:00AM, Department 11, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

Yes, thanks. I just heard it on the news. He has a hearing tomorrow - Monday, October 19, 2015. Looks like this is going to start moving forward.

:wave:

It's at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time so isn't that about 2 1/2 hours from now? I have to be out of pocket for a while, hope to be back by then.

Just got back, anybody see any tweets about the hearing? I don't find any on #CarloMercado twitter search.

:dunno: Can't find anything about what happened in court today. Wasn't mentioned on the news I watched.

Hi all!!! Sorry I've been out of pocket for a bit so catching up...again! I have not heard one word about the 10/19/15 hearing on local news or msm. However, it appears his next hearing has been changed to Nov. 3rd.

Synopsis:
Next Court Date: Further Proceedings, Nov 3 2015 8:45AM, Department 25, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

Just a note that this site is updated daily so it's one to watch. Perhaps the October 19th hearing was postponed till Nov. 3rd? Just a guess?

Also, as many of you know we have not been making any updates to the Justice FB page for the kids. This is out of respect to the family and LE who made the request after CM was arrested. Interestingly enough it has had many visits and likes in the past couple weeks. Looks like many are searching for any updates. :waiting:

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back