GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:thud: I'm having a hard time believing it. Really? All this time asking why, why, why...and if this is the reason, it is even more senseless and terrifying. The victims names were dragged through the mud and it had nothing to do with their being murdered in cold blood. :sigh:

Not one person, but he killed three! :panic:
He didn't even know them? I guess, especially now days when the why often is illogical, but I need to hear more because it's hard to believe.

DA: Christmas Eve Triple Killing Was Random Shooting

Prosecutor in the case of Carlo Mercado said there appears to be no connection between the defendant and the three victims in the Christmas Eve 2013 crime

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Mission-Valley-Triple-Homicide-Belvedere-362498281.html

I'm going to go with possible car accident and maybe Carlo had been following them for a while I'll have to dig through incident reports when I get some free time. He had RIP in his phone I think the shooting was random and it could have been anyone. On a side note you know that San Bernardino gun range he used to practice at? Im 99% sure It's the same one those terrorists target practiced at. I'll link it when I get home I'm stuck at work waiting for carbon fiber to finish so I can turn off the vacuum pumps (no life haha) Since Carlo was arrested I had a feeling it was random and then small details would come out here and there which would make feel even more strongly that he is just a monster who wanted to thrill kill. He's competent and needs to be locked away; he shot 3 people point blank in the head and drove Gianni's body to Riverside he was competent to know he needed to cover up the smell and he was competent enough to buy a car on Craigslist to drive home...

I'm going to go with possible car accident and maybe Carlo had been following them for a while I'll have to dig through incident reports when I get some free time. He had RIP in his phone I think the shooting was random and it could have been anyone. On a side note you know that San Bernardino gun range he used to practice at? Im 99% sure It's the same one those terrorists target practiced at. I'll link it when I get home I'm stuck at work waiting for carbon fiber to finish so I can turn off the vacuum pumps (no life haha) Since Carlo was arrested I had a feeling it was random and then small details would come out here and there which would make feel even more strongly that he is just a monster who wanted to thrill kill. He's competent and needs to be locked away; he shot 3 people point blank in the head and drove Gianni's body to Riverside he was competent to know he needed to cover up the smell and he was competent enough to buy a car on Craigslist to drive home...

Bought a car on CL? Where is that info from? I must have missed that!

Thank you Lord for opening the door for JUSTICE! Next trial info below... This has been a difficult journey for the family and praying they get the answers they need. Thanks my "Best" for sending the text! I'm still shaking my head about random and road rage!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/30758489/...e-murder-suspect-mentally-competent-for-trial

Booking Nbr: 15752824 Last Name: MERCADO First Name: CARLO
Middle Name: Sex: M Race/Ethnicity: F
Date of Birth: 3/16/1985 Age: 30 Hair: BLK
Eyes: BRO Height: 5' 07" Weight: 170 lbs.

HOUSING LOCATION

Facility: San Diego Central Jail Area/Housing Unit: 3/PSU
Address: 1173 Front Street City: San Diego

Arrest Agency: San Diego Sheriff Office Date Booked: 08/13/2015 Time Booked: 13:11:41

Bail Information

Not Eligible For Release, No Bail

SCN331802 2 1 1372 PC MENTAL COMP PROCEDINGS F SD26 01/29/2016 08:45 FP 0
SCD256872 1 1 1372 PC MENTAL COMP PROCEDINGS F SD26 01/29/2016 08:45 FP 0

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wijDetail.aspx?BookNum=abumC6kB4LyhBphVSgGVslU/f21kebPLTyCLannfQqg=

Bought a car on CL? Where is that info from? I must have missed that!

It was said in court I know that for sure I'll have to find a link for it in the media it was said at the preliminary hearing along with him going to home depot within a few miles of the body when it was dumped to purchase febreeze and tape (his DNA was on the tape and the roll of tape was recovered from his home) I don't want to make Bessie mad so I better cover my tracks but I know for sure that was said in open court (cheers to Bessie the only person who has ever been able keep me on check haha)

Right when my friend at nbc sent me the link I was like omg I need to send to sdhelps! So as I'm sending it to you I realized I never finished sending you a text from like 4 months ago of my new pet pig it was hard to choose which text was more important I feel like if you had been a better babysitter I wouldn't have a pig for my new roommate! He's the greatest he thinks he is a dog so when people knock at the door and my dogs bark he oinks and he walks on a leash! He also loves dogs treats. See how much trouble I get in when I go on vacation from sleuthing.

From the video: While Marcado was at the State Hospital he swam, played pool and had a lot of different activities. He had relationships with people. When he talked with the doctor he said he was hearing and seeing things, which was inconsistent with his actions. A call with him and family members was also played in court which led the the judge saying he can face trial.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Mission-Valley-Triple-Homicide-Belvedere-362498281.html

From the video: While Marcado was at the State Hospital he swam, played pool and had a lot of different activities. He had relationships with people. When he talked with the doctor he said he was hearing and seeing things, which was inconsistent with his actions. A call with him and family members was also played in court which led the the judge saying he can face trial.

Comment under the article is interesting.

Not everybody believes it was random yet. I have my doubts. Sorry, I don't have much confidence in DA Bonnie either.

Anyways, I'm going to need convincing this was random when it seems methodical. Keep in mind, Mercado almost got away with it! It was almost a fluke he got stopped that day and the pieces were put together.

I want to know if the investigation looked into who might have hired Mercado to satisfy his "assassination hit man fantasies". He didn't have to have phone connections with the victims if someone else was involved, relaying info to him, and wanted the hits done. Just saying, I hope the details at trial will make my doubts go away.

Well, he's guilty of three cold-blooded murders anyway you look at it, IMO. Makes me sick to hear he went swimming and having an enjoyable time at Patton, then shows up in court looking like he's incapable of combing his hair. Reminds me of that saying "crazy like a fox".

My sympathies to the families of Ilona, Gianni, and Sal.

Right when my friend at nbc sent me the link I was like omg I need to send to sdhelps! So as I'm sending it to you I realized I never finished sending you a text from like 4 months ago of my new pet pig it was hard to choose which text was more important I feel like if you had been a better babysitter I wouldn't have a pig for my new roommate! He's the greatest he thinks he is a dog so when people knock at the door and my dogs bark he oinks and he walks on a leash! He also loves dogs treats. See how much trouble I get in when I go on vacation from sleuthing.

I want a pig so bad! I almost got one a few weeks ago, but I don't know how to take care of one. My dog would LOVE a friend!

Thanks for all of the info - and yay for trial going forward! I too have grave doubts it was random, it was only a coincidence that RIP was on his phone calander that date, or that he planned a murder and only coincidence it was 3 people connected to each other? That he followed Ilona in the parking lot? That he was seen on security camera more than once at the mall that evening? I'm just not seeing random, or road rage-like, but am pleased the judge saw through his feigning and it will be going to trial.

I don't think random, I think he was stalking Ilona and targeted her but the others got in the way so they had to be killed too.

Both you and SDHELPS need a good wine night based on this news. OT: I can just see you with your Jackie O sunglasses walking your pig down the street. How is the restaurant and the family doing now?

JMO

I don't think random, I think he was stalking Ilona and targeted her but the others got in the way so they had to be killed too.

That has been a popular theory from the beginning. He did seem to be waiting for her to get off work. I can understand why you suspect stalking Ilona.

For awhile, we thought he was working at the Target
store right at that mall, but then we found out he worked for the one up in Mira Mesa. Did he ever work at the Mission Valley mall? If he was stalking her from before that night, then he must've seen her before. I'm trying to figure out how, and where, he would've developed an interest in her prior to that night.

Alas, we still don't seem to know enough, and I hope we learn more during the trial.

P.S. Best, can we see a picture of that cute Pig of yours? :smile:

BBM

HI , I do know about heroin addiction my ex has been an addict for over 20 years. That said he did buy daily because if he bought sone for the following day he would use it . He went to several places to get what he needed . I do not to this day understand but addicts can find the money for what they need it for , he had a $250.00 habit a day and he managed to get what he wanted . At one point he got involved with the wrong people and started dealing drugs , that way he could use what he needed and sold just enough to try to keep people happy. At one point he almost got killed for basically messing up. He talked his way out of it some how. My ex would try to charm you , and when that did not work he was nasty. As the person that was dealing with an addict , I truly did not know how to get out myself. I do want to say I never did or do drug. I always felt like an addict without doing the drugs . I was always broke and I had a great job , I borrowed from my family to help him. I always pretended that things were great , never told anyone what was going on because I was ashamed that I was in the situation. Family and friends will look the other way because you love the person or persons . Btw , it did not take my ex long to acquire a expensive habit , it seems the more he did the more he wanted.. Everyone in his family knew but made excuses for him. I hope this might help a bit on the drug use if anyone was wondering.

Bringing this forward
7) Entered R.I.P. onto his phone calendar, on the date of the murder
8) His password for syncing his electronics was 'assassin'
Quote Originally Posted by SDNV View Post
There are multiple indications that CM may not have been the brightest "Assassin":

1) Did not dispose of the murder weapon (including the silencer)
2) did not dispose of the clothes he was wearing
3) did not dispose of the the disposible phone
4) driving around with an un-registered AR-15, in a easily recognizable rifle case, just lying on the back seat of his car in plain view
5) keeping a link to the imdb list of assassin movies on his computer
6) Gloves were found but were not used, at least when he was fueling the car and duck taping the fabreeze can

This is everything that was listed in the ‘Receipt and Inventory’ for the warrant executed at CM’s home (see pp. 17-21 of the PDF).
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/mercado_warrant.pdf

I’ve typed out everything exactly as was written (except I didn’t use all CAPS).

(1) Box containing misc. boxes of ammunition (from elevated rafter/platform in garage)
(2) Misc. documents / CDs / receipts (from box on metal shelf rack in garage)
(3) Dominion and control mail documents (from metal rack shelf) (garage)
(4) Digital video camera (from metal rack shelf) (garage)
(5) Case for the digital video camera (from box on top metal rack shelf in garage)
(6) Black duct tape (from metal rack shelf in garage)
(7) Receipts, dominion and control docs, special police badge, Fastrack (FasTrak) device (from box on third shelf on metal rack shelf in garage)
(8) Dominion and control documents, receipts, film, checks (from box in garage)
(9) Fox Rental Car receipts, dominion and control docs. and key (from box on floor at south wall of garage)
(10) Baseball cap (BLK) (from entry-way near front door – on shoe rack)
(11) Samsung cell phone (atop table in entryway)
(12) Dominion and control mail (atop table in entryway)
(13) Flash drive (atop mantle in family room/dining area)
(14) Samsung cell phone w/ pink case from night stand in master bedroom south wall
(15) USB flash drive, top left dresser drawer in master bedroom, east wall
(16) Acer mini lap top with black case, on table in s/w bedroom.
(17) HP computer tower, on floor next to the desk in s/w bedroom
(18) External hard drive, from desk in s/w bedroom
(19) USB flashdrive on top of computer tower in s/w bedroom.
(20) Black HP laptop from drawer in s/w bedroom.
(21) 3 cell phones in a bag in the closet in s/w bedroom.
(22) Target work schedule. Inside pink clip on board. South wall of n/w bedroom.
(23) Roll of black duct tape, on closet floor in n/w bedroom.
(24) Canon digital camera. Closet shelf in n/w bedroom
(25) Blue & yellow sweatshirt from closet in n/w bedroom.
(26) Blue sweatshirt w/ white stripes from closet in n/w bedroom.
(27) One box of .223 ammunition from closet shelf in n/w bedroom.
(28) X Box video game console in n/w bedroom
(29) 2 external hard drives and one cell phone from desk in n/w bedroom.
(30) Blue and black external drive from desk in n/w bedroom.
(31) Mail addressed to Mercado on desk in n/w BR
(32) Black Gateway laptop, on floor in n/w BR
(33) HP touch screen computer, on desk in n/w BR.
(34) Tan pair of mens pants from laundry hamper in n/w BR.

From the white 2001 Ford Explorer

1. One black digital “Counter Culture” watch.
2. One black knit hat and gloves
3. One black baseball cap
4. Kenneth Cole sunglasses
5. “Mechanix Wear” gloves
6. Sunglass holder and sunglasses.
7. Annual park pass, vehicle registration and insurance card.

Also bumping this.

gianni_belvedere_new_1391810504356_2420556_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
RiNRpf1.jpg
BELVEDERE3_1390346399742_2099729_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

:rose: Remembering :rose:
Ilona Flint, Gianni and Salvatore Belvedere

Wasn't there a status conference today?

Wasn't there a status conference today?

Geevee it is Jan. 29, 2016. Hopefully after the 1/29 hearing a murder trial will be set. One can hope at least. :jail:

Happy New Year All :newyear:

Carlo Mercado
Charge: Murder
DOB: 03/16/1985
Court No.: CD256872
Prosecutor: Brian Erickson
Defense: Gary Gibson
Synopsis:
Custody Status: In custody
Next Court Date: Further Proceedings, Jan 29 2016 8:45AM, Department 26, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#0092488900515841

Geevee it is Jan. 29, 2016. Hopefully after the 1/29 hearing a murder trial will be set. One can hope at least. :jail:

Happy New Year All :newyear:

Carlo Mercado
Charge: Murder
DOB: 03/16/1985
Court No.: CD256872
Prosecutor: Brian Erickson
Defense: Gary Gibson
Synopsis:
Custody Status: In custody
Next Court Date: Further Proceedings, Jan 29 2016 8:45AM, Department 26, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#0092488900515841

Egads, I wrote it on the 29th of December on my calendar. :blushing: Thanks SD, sure hope they set a trial date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back