GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's all hope that 2016 brings justice for the three young people murdered last year. I am disgusted that Mercado pretends he is unfit to stand trial. Luckily, he has the IQ of a piece of bologna. Thanks to you all for keeping this thread active. Will be looking forward to the trial with u guys. Hi SDHELPS !!

🎉🎉🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! 🎉🎉🎉

:goodpost: EmmaRose!

Justice must prevail!

ETA: Thank you to everyone who has remained so dedicated to this thread. I know your hearts remain focused on the victims and their loved ones. :heartluv:

I send my best wishes to my fellow WSers for a safe and amazing New Year as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gianni and Ilona.jpgGianni and Sal.jpg
10346542_466753810127543_1096899271607375662_n.jpg

I just felt the need to add a couple of pictures to the thread. Justice will prevail...it must! And as EmmaRose and Kimi stated...thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I still can't believe it's been two years. You are all the best!!!

Happy New Year filled with blessings and health for all! :rose:

Anyone see anything about the hearing this morning?

I've heard absolutely nothing through local media and checked the docket this morning and it still said he was scheduled for this morning. But now I see it has been changed.

Best I clarification I came up with for a Arraignment on Information is: After the preliminary examination, if the case is bound over for trial, the complaint (the document setting forth the charges against you) is deemed an "information". The complaint has now been supported by some evidence. You will be arraigned again on the "information". You will enter a plea of not guilty to the charges and allegations. The prosecutor may amend the information to conform to facts proved at the preliminary examination by the probable cause standard. You should be asking your attorney these questions; unless you are a pro per defendant.

Link and info on the new court date is:

Suspect: Carlo Mercado
Charge: Murder
DOB: 03/16/1985
Court No.: CD256872
Prosecutor: Brian Erickson
Defense: Gary Gibson
Synopsis:
Custody Status: In custody
Next Court Date: Arraignment on Information, Feb 18 2016 8:45AM, Department 26, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#0092488900515841

Lord...please let these families find justice! :gaah:

So many things about this case I don't understand. But I still don't get why Gianni's shirt was pulled up over his head or why his pants and underwear were found pulled down to his ankles. Is it possible that Gianni was the one that Mercado was obsessed with after possibly meeting at the nearby gym?

Still wondering.

So many things about this case I don't understand. But I still don't get why Gianni's shirt was pulled up over his head or why his pants and underwear were found pulled down to his ankles. Is it possible that Gianni was the one that Mercado was obsessed with after possibly meeting at the nearby gym?

Still wondering.

I don't recall these details. I need a refresher course!

I don't recall these details. I need a refresher course!

This is a fairly in depth article that highlights some of the mysteries we are all still struggling with. I'm in hopes that with the new hearing date which IMO brings to light there is additional and new information to add that we will get some sort of glimpse into the motive.

On Jan. 17, officers called a tow truck worker to unlock the vehicle and pop the trunk. Once inside, they found a deceased Gianni.

“He was laying on his – I wanna say – right side. His upper clothing was up above his head and tangled in his arms,” said Fuller. “There was some pants…his lower clothing was entangled around the lower parts of his legs. His torso was exposed, and he was very decomposed.”
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...t-to-Stand-Trial-273845581.html#ixzz3ykrAWygd

It's so frustrating how the wheels of justice are turning so slooooowly for these victims and their families.

Two weeks from today, back in Court for "further proceedings".

SCN331802 2 2 33410 PC POSSES FIREARM SILENCER F SD26 02/18/2016 08:45 PHS 0
SCD256872 1 2 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD26 02/18/2016 08:45 FP 0
SCD256872 1 3 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD26 02/18/2016 08:45 FP 0
SCD256872 1 4 187(A) PC MURDER:FIRST DEGREE F SD26 02/18/2016 08:45 FP

Looks like the hearing is still on for tomorrow morning. Please Lord let justice be served and let the trial move forward. I have a crazy work day tomorrow so counting on you all for any updates :D If I hear anything on my end I will update when I can. Group hugs :grouphug:

Suspect: Carlo Mercado
Charge: Murder
DOB: 03/16/1985
Court No.: CD256872
Prosecutor: Brian Erickson
Defense: Gary Gibson
Synopsis:
Custody Status: In custody
Next Court Date: Arraignment on Information, Feb 18 2016 8:45AM, Department 26, San Diego Superior Court, Central Division, County Courthouse

http://www.sdcda.org/case/high_profile2.php#0092488900515841

Thank you gettez and thank you Lord! From the links above:

Erickson said that, because this is a death penalty case, Mercado’s trial may take longer to get moving. He said a trial date has not yet been set, but said his goal is to get the case tried within this year.

Status conference set for March 17

:wave: My thanks, too, gettez.

I wonder how this is going to turn out. Will he get the Death Penalty? I'm just not sure.

I worry that the vague motive will hinder the jury's decision. Gosh, what a weak sounding motive for such horrific murders.

Then, there's also the mental illness angle that defense will probably use.

On the other hand, there isn't doubt that he killed three people and the evidence seems strong to support it. It will definitely be an interesting trial to follow.

Deputy District Attorney Brian Erickson said there appeared to be no connection between Mercado and the victims and the defendant allegedly shot the victims in a case of "chance road rage," killing one and then coming back to murder the other two.
http://www.10news.com/news/death-penalty-sought-in-christmas-eve-mall-murders

Erickson said it does not appear there was any connection whatsoever between Mercado and the victims, and said the slayings appear random, or perhaps the result of a “road rage” incident.

He said it does not appear the killings were a hit, as has been speculated with this case in the past.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...riple-Homicide-Belvedere-Flint-369304281.html

:thinking: Question -- When were all three in a car together before the murders that started this supposed "road rage" of Mercado?

I think the word rage implies a momentary crime when, in fact, he had to premeditate killing the other two because he was definitely waiting to do it. Did this rage come upon him that night? When were all three in a car that might have set him off? :dunno:

:sigh: It's the mysterious motive to this day that is so troubling. I'm glad I'm not going to be on that jury.

I should have pressed send on my previous message 4 hours ago haha always late to the party even online

Curious Me: from what I understand it was a coicidence he got Ilona and Sal. Maybe when he shot Gianni he went through his phone? His phone was never recovered nor was Sal's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back