GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you all for you insights concerning if it's common for a person to put so much effort into purchasing drugs on a daily basis. Makes more sense to me now.

I'm still wondering how it was all paid for on a restaurant salary? Could this be borrowed? Maybe from loan shark? Neighbor? Friend? Relative? Embezzled? Trust fund? You know the old saying "follow the money". Ha, maybe I've seen too many crime shows.

And maybe it's not really a lot of money for them. I'm sure it's one of those things I'll never know, unless it comes up in evidence later.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

I just realized this was marked as only your second post. So even though you've been lurking for awhile...

:welcome:

Glad to see you posting!

All I can say is be careful what the media reports... they tend to make HUGE errors on a daily basis!
Today News 8 posts a timeline showing Gianni's (last) interrupted call was with an Uncle, while the search warrants reveal it was his younger cousin MD.

I don't know how or what becoming a verified insider means? Would you have me risk my life in revealing who I am? If so, I'll stop posting, (facts).

Here's a fact from "x-warrant" which should help...

"Detective VALENTIN interviewed Chance FELLER, an acquaintance of Gianni BELVEDERE. FELLER told Detective VALENTIN he knew Gianni because he was introduced to him by one of "Gianni's relatives".

NOTE: 30 minutes after FELLER met with BELVEDERE, (11:00PM), BELVEDERE went missing...

Perhaps your discussion with a Belvedere relative and your subsequent report to police was perceived as "insider information". If that was the limit of your contact with family, it's doubtful you or details presented to police qualifies as a source of newfound information, i.e. all 3 victims used drugs.

On the other hand, Best in the West has been a "verified insider" since this thread opened. She knows the family personally and her friend was in the courtroom during the preliminary hearing, he works for a local news agency. I find the information in her posts interesting and valid, as opposed to the rest of us who are playing amateur detective. I think Best's posts are a recount of perceptions and facts, rather than opinion.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a fascinating crime story that has cops baffled. While their experience and drug related theories justify search warrants, many of us have personal exposure to the drug trade that justifies our opinions.

...a person on drugs will do anything to re-up...they'll lie, cheat and steal to get them. They'll drive ridiculous miles at all hours of the day and night to score. They'll miss your wedding; leave your kids in a hot car; or take money from their mothers purse. Such is their world.

I don't know how or what becoming a verified insider means? Would you have me risk my life in revealing who I am? If so, I'll stop posting, (facts).

Here's a fact from "x-warrant" which should help...

"Detective VALENTIN interviewed Chance FELLER, an acquaintance of Gianni BELVEDERE. FELLER told Detective VALENTIN he knew Gianni because he was introduced to him by one of "Gianni's relatives".

NOTE: 30 minutes after FELLER met with BELVEDERE, (11:00PM), BELVEDERE went missing...

I haven't seen that x-warrant, or this person's name mentioned yet, so please supply a link for us.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

<modsnip> however, the search warrants and court testimony are the true presenter of facts.

We all have stories, but it's starting to seem slightly off topic to discuss where to buy meth in S.D.

:cow:

Anyone have links to all 30 search warrants? I have only 9. Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen that x-warrant, or this person's name mentioned yet, so please supply a link for us.

"Detective VALENTIN interviewed Chance FELLER, an acquaintance of Gianni
BELVEDERE. FELLER told Detective VALENTIN he knew Gianni because he was introduced to him by one of Gianni's relatives."

"The reason for their introduction was so that FELLER could
supply Gianni with controlled substances. FELLER admitted to Detective VALENTIN that he met
with Gianni at approximately 2300 hours on 12-23-13.
"

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x_warrant.pdf

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

We all have stories, but it's starting to seem slightly off topic to discuss where to buy meth in S.D.

:cow:

My experiences date back many years and my reply was an attempt to converse on a neutral level with "hmmm", not to provide meth sources. Drug transactions, during the course of business at food establishments, is relevant.

No more inside information posts please. I have contacted hmm_what_if? so things should settle down.

Thank you.

"Detective VALENTIN interviewed Chance FELLER, an acquaintance of Gianni
BELVEDERE. FELLER told Detective VALENTIN he knew Gianni because he was introduced to him by one of Gianni's relatives."

"The reason for their introduction was so that FELLER could
supply Gianni with controlled substances. FELLER admitted to Detective VALENTIN that he met
with Gianni at approximately 2300 hours on 12-23-13.
"

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x_warrant.pdf

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

You came through with the link and I appreciate it. Thanks. Bolded part noted.

I can't tell from the warrant if this guy supplied Gianni with just Xanax or more.
It seems the news said "11 p.m. - more drugs including Xanax". So, Heroin?

Anyone have links to all 30 search warrants? I have only 9. Thanks in advance.

There are a total of 35 unsealed warrants now and we are still waiting for the remaining ones. There is a good chance that they have decided to redact certain information from the others since to much personal information was released on the first ones. MOO

All I can say is be careful what the media reports... they tend to make HUGE errors on a daily basis!
Today News 8 posts a timeline showing Gianni's (last) interrupted call was with an Uncle, while the search warrants reveal it was his younger cousin MD.

I know! He wasn't talking to his uncle, but his cousin. Heads up, News8, get it correct.

BBM

I just want to say that I appreciate everyone's perspective, insight and input on this crazy case. With that I bid you all a good evening and TOMORROW I promise to catch up on the recently released warrants :blushing: Way behind! But for now maybe old reruns on TV... I Love Lucy, Andy of Mayberry...you get the hint. Nothing to solve :doh: Have a great evening all!

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

<modsnip> however, the search warrants and court testimony are the true presenter of facts.

Posts that violate TOS (Terms of Service) are generally deleted pretty quickly.

I agree with you, search warrants and court testimony will 'overrule' anything else I've seen. I look forward to hearing/reading more.

I know! He wasn't talking to his uncle, but his cousin. Heads up, News8, get it correct.

BBM

CBS 8 does a thorough job investigative reporting and the only news source to provide unsealed search warrants for us to look at. I suppose sifting thru a huge amount of data explains some discrepancies, including the Target store Carlo worked.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/man-pleads-not-guitly-in-triple-murder-case
"Here is the current update on information we just received. It's been confirmed Carlo Mercado worked at Target in the Mission Valley Mall. Although we believe in a fair trial this news is upsetting because I'm sure quite a few San Diegans go to that Target. I personally shop there often and I keep wondering if I have seen him. This case needs to hit home for everyone as this tragedy could happen to any one of us or our loved ones."

A public relations firm for the Target corporation declined to confirm Mercado's employment or the store where he may have worked. Target emailed CBS News 8 the following statement:

"Our thoughts and sympathies go out to the victims' families and friends. However, out of privacy for all current and former Target team members, we typically do not release employment information in situations like these."

UPDATE: On Wednesday morning, CBS News 8 contacted a former coworker, who said he had worked with Mercado at the Target store in Mira Mesa for the last couple years. In an interview Monday, Mercado's attorney said the suspect had worked at the Target chain for approximately eight years.

Despite the correction, upon receipt of the unsealed warrants, CBS 8 once again inferred he worked at the Mission Valley store when they reported he worked at Target in close proximity to the shootings. Also, one of the warrants (not available) focused on fellow employees, and a possibility of their involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back