GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you go to this x_warrant that was posted earlier about Gianni meeting with a drug contact at
11 p.m., you'll see he used emails to contact and arrange to meet for drug purchases.

The fact that surprises me the most is that he had a new email address with his own first initial and real last name he used to arrange to buy drugs. That's not cool, IMO.

I say this for several reasons, one being that I wouldn't want a dealer to know how to look up me and my family finding out where we live, etc., plus emails to buy drugs can be traced and there's your real name.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x_warrant.pdf

I guess no more search warrants have been linked by msm?

There are a total of 35 unsealed warrants now and we are still waiting for the remaining ones. There is a good chance that they have decided to redact certain information from the others since to much personal information was released on the first ones. MOO

All 38 search warrants have been unsealed and are available for review and/or purchase at .50 cents per page at the downtown San Diego courthouse. Because most of the remaining search warrants contain almost identical affidavits, the MSM did not purchase all of them. A lot of them relate to cell phone records, bank records, email records, and social media records. The returned warrants contain handwritten lists of what the cops seized, not the actual cell phone records or bank records or emails themselves. So, for example, the cops request all bank records for Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678. The handwritten return page just lists something like, "bank records from Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678."

The only warrant that contains additional information not already posted by MSM is the Target store search warrant, but the items seized are detailed in that CBS8 article linked below. (That warrant is #47297, I believe).
http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

"Detective VALENTIN interviewed Chance FELLER, an acquaintance of Gianni
BELVEDERE. FELLER told Detective VALENTIN he knew Gianni because he was introduced to him by one of Gianni's relatives."

"The reason for their introduction was so that FELLER could
supply Gianni with controlled substances. FELLER admitted to Detective VALENTIN that he met
with Gianni at approximately 2300 hours on 12-23-13.
"

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/x_warrant.pdf

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

That guy is assumed to be the 11 p.m. Xanax guy. JMO.

You came through with the link and I appreciate it. Thanks. Bolded part noted.

I can't tell from the warrant if this guy supplied Gianni with just Xanax or more.
It seems the news said "11 p.m. - more drugs including Xanax". So, Heroin?

The female marijuana dealer was referred to during the prelim as the same female who sold GB heroin at 7 p.m. that night.

I know! He wasn't talking to his uncle, but his cousin. Heads up, News8, get it correct.

BBM

Yeah, he could be the cousin:
https://www.facebook.com/mario.donato.9/photos

CBS 8 does a thorough job investigative reporting and the only news source to provide unsealed search warrants for us to look at. I suppose sifting thru a huge amount of data explains some discrepancies, including the Target store Carlo worked.

I believe CM only worked at the Mira Mesa Target and the "update" posted on the June CBS8 report below is basically a correction explaining that:

1) The original rumor that CM worked at Mission Valley Target was first posted on the Justice for Sal, Gianni and Ilona Facebook page. (That post was later taken down).

2) Co-workers at the Mira Mesa Target later confirmed CM actually worked there.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/man-pleads-not-guitly-in-triple-murder-case

Meantime, a Facebook page entitled Justice for Salvatore and Gianne Belvedere and Ilona Flint posted a new statement shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday, which has since been removed:

"Here is the current update on information we just received. It's been confirmed Carlo Mercado worked at Target in the Mission Valley Mall. Although we believe in a fair trial this news is upsetting because I'm sure quite a few San Diegans go to that Target. I personally shop there often and I keep wondering if I have seen him. This case needs to hit home for everyone as this tragedy could happen to any one of us or our loved ones."

UPDATE: On Wednesday morning, CBS News 8 contacted a former coworker, who said he had worked with Mercado at the Target store in Mira Mesa for the last couple years. In an interview Monday, Mercado's attorney said the suspect had worked at the Target chain for approximately eight years.

One other thing that I'm wondering about is the idea that CM didn't have to use his own computer to run all his computer searches. Maybe friend's or a library computer?

Enough! No more crime solving tonight. Think I'll take SDHELPS suggestion and watch some I Love Lucy, Andy of Mayberry, or maybe roku some Dexter. :peace:

After catching up with this thread, I just wanted to clarify that I don't think they were buying weed everyday because no one does that, really. Yes, it is possible/probable she lied about what she was selling him.

This got me to thinking that it's possible that Gianni was looking to mitigate his drug costs by selling drugs himself. I could see what was meant to be a means to some extra money turn into a bigger operation then was intended, and that could ruffle some established feathers, but this is all moo anyway.

As an aside, I live in Canada, so I base what I say on what I know. I don't know how things work in California in terms of the drug trade, or the ease of getting a medicinal marijuana card.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

This is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking too. I'm not sure how much the drugs factored into it but IF they did - from what little we know it seems these 3 were good 'customers.' What happened to change that?

I wonder about the fact that Sal had gone to rehab and was actually clean once he had returned.

If they were really each buying as much a day as things are indicating, that's a chunk of reliable money that dealer/dealers suddenly were no longer getting.

Could someone have been angry about the loss of 'income?'

Obviously killing them would eliminate any potential source of income for dealer(s) - especially since many who get clean don't necessarily stay that way for long - but I wonder if that is somehow relevant?

Heck, as several have said, they were all spending a heck of a lot of money - and certainly to an amount that seems nearly impossible to explain given their employment - and that could point to perhaps them funding their habit by turning around and selling something 'on the side.'

Could that have been the case and Sal getting clean anger a possible 'downstream'?

This is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking too. I'm not sure how much the drugs factored into it but IF they did - from what little we know it seems these 3 were good 'customers.' What happened to change that?

Now that I just wrote what I did, I had another thought.

Could Sal have come home from rehab and then threatened either dealer(s) or even Gianni and Ilona, with suggesting that he was going to 'out' them or turn them in?

Like telling Gianni and Ilona they also needed to get clean or he'd tell family members? (Though that's working on the assumption their families truly didn't know as had been originally indicated, though Sal going to rehab seems like it'd negate that possibility...unless they only thought Sal was into drugs :waitasec:)

Could he have essentially held that over their heads and dealer(s) found out?

That could fit with a possible 'hitman' scenario it'd seem...dealer(s) eliminating a possible threat that could get them in trouble and so taking them down before there was any chance of that happening.

All 38 search warrants have been unsealed and are available for review and/or purchase at .50 cents per page at the downtown San Diego courthouse. Because most of the remaining search warrants contain almost identical affidavits, the MSM did not purchase all of them. A lot of them relate to cell phone records, bank records, email records, and social media records. The returned warrants contain handwritten lists of what the cops seized, not the actual cell phone records or bank records or emails themselves. So, for example, the cops request all bank records for Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678. The handwritten return page just lists something like, "bank records from Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678."

The only warrant that contains additional information not already posted by MSM is the Target store search warrant, but the items seized are detailed in that CBS8 article linked below. (That warrant is #47297, I believe).

That guy is assumed to be the 11 p.m. Xanax guy. JMO.

The female marijuana dealer was referred to during the prelim as the same female who sold GB heroin at 7 p.m. that night.

Yeah, he could be the cousin:
https://www.facebook.com/mario.donato.9/photos

I believe CM only worked at the Mira Mesa Target and the "update" posted on the June CBS8 report below is basically a correction explaining that:

1) The original rumor that CM worked at Mission Valley Target was first posted on the Justice for Sal, Gianni and Ilona Facebook page. (That post was later taken down).

2) Co-workers at the Mira Mesa Target later confirmed CM actually worked there.

Thank you very much for detailing all of this out! I had it all bouncing around in my head but hadn't quite connected some of it yet. I appreciate the time you took to put this all together.

Could Sal have come home from rehab and then threatened either dealer(s) or even Gianni and Ilona, with suggesting that he was going to 'out' them or turn them in?

Like telling Gianni and Ilona they also needed to get clean or he'd tell family members? (Though that's working on the assumption their families truly didn't know as had been originally indicated, though Sal going to rehab seems like it'd negate that possibility...unless they only thought Sal was into drugs :waitasec:)

That could fit with a possible 'hitman' scenario it'd seem...dealer(s) eliminating a possible threat that could get them in trouble and so taking them down before there was any chance of that happening.

I believe you are correct in many ways. One of the most important things stressed in rehab (especially a three month long one) is to form and maintain a support group for yourself. Much changing who you hang with, places you frequent and at times your friends. If your best friends are also family members who continue to use it makes it even more challenging. Rehab can be a very humbling, almost embarrassing experience depending on the catalyst that caused it. Whether it be court ordered, family intervention, a plea agreement or mental health realization. It could be possible that Sal had been pinched on possibly a possession charge earlier and gave a dealer information and agreed to rehab to make it all go away legally. Thus the charges not even showing. I find it convenient that when the baggies were found outside the car after the killings that LE knew who to go after quickly and knew DNA was already in the system from a previous arrest. And I find it even more interesting that Sal went to a rehab so far away from SD. One report said Oregon and one said Utah, so not sure which. But to me it seems that Sal was stashed out of the area while arrests made.

Many "dealers" share the same supplier. It appears to me that the dealers (suppliers) knew where the three were that particular night. And many times through casual conversation with them reveals who your g/f is, where you have to pick her up at a certain time to accommodate a particular transaction time.

JMO's

After catching up with this thread, I just wanted to clarify that I don't think they were buying weed everyday because no one does that, really. Yes, it is possible/probable she lied about what she was selling him.<snipped for space>

As an aside, I live in Canada, so I base what I say on what I know. I don't know how things work in California in terms of the drug trade, or the ease of getting a medicinal marijuana card.

I agree... I think at that point the person would just grow it themselves rather than drive for hours daily to buy it. IMO they were buying something else.

In terms of getting a card... funny thing is I have never smoked (or eaten or whatever) it myself but I live in California and I know a number of people who've gotten medical marijuana cards. It's not difficult. For awhile there all you had to do was walk into one of the clinics that was conveniently located next door to the dispensary and say you had a headache recently. My father in law who grew up in the 60s did this on a dare with one of his buddies and they both thought it was hilarious. My neighbor has a license to grow up to 5 plants for personal use because she (her words) "gets anxious sometimes." There's really no reason IMO to drive a long way on a regular basis to get this particular drug.

Hmm... possible. Plus of course he's no longer a 'good customer' if he's not buying what's being sold anymore.

...[did a dealer (or a higher level supplier) eliminate] a possible threat that could get them in trouble and [took] them down before there was any chance of that happening?

It is easy to become numb to homicide, as frequently as it occurs in our own community and the nation at large.

Still, it is quite unusual to kill three people at the same time. The coordination of a multiple murder like this one is far more complex. The more degrees of freedom, the greater the chance of something going wrong and being apprehended. There has to be a motivation commensurate with the risk involved in murdering three people in a public place known to be frequented with late-night holiday shoppers and employees.

There is hardly another explanation to kill these three people in cold blood that makes sense except that they were perceived as a threat. And, unfortunately, because the three of them were so close to one another (they lived together and engaged in illegal activities with the same people), someone concluded that they had to be dealt with as a single unit.

Put differently, only one of the three being perceived as a threat likely put the other two at jeopardy.

Somebody in this volatile mix of crime, drugs, and dirty money felt extremely vulnerable to take on the task of murdering three people--at least one of which must have been looked upon as a serious threat to another person's (or organization's) freedom, livelihood, or survival.

Ilona, Gianni, and Sal (or possibly, only one of them) got way in over their heads. What may have started as something they felt was of limited risk led to a lethal association with heartless, savage animals.

It is easy to become numb to homicide, as frequently as it occurs in our own community and the nation at large.

Still, it is quite unusual to kill three people at the same time. The coordination of a multiple murder like this one is far more complex. The more degrees of freedom, the greater the chance of something going wrong and being apprehended. There has to be a motivation commensurate with the risk involved in murdering three people in a public place known to be frequented with late-night holiday shoppers and employees.
There is hardly another explanation to kill these three people in cold blood that makes sense except that they were perceived as a threat. And, unfortunately, because the three of them were so close to one another (they lived together and engaged in illegal activities with the same people), someone concluded that they had to be dealt with as a single unit.

Put differently, only one of the three being perceived as a threat likely put the other two at jeopardy.

Somebody in this volatile mix of crime, drugs, and dirty money felt extremely vulnerable to take on the task of murdering three people--at least one of which must have been looked upon as a huge threat to another person's (or organization's) freedom, livelihood, or survival.

Ilona, Gianni, and Sal (or possibly, only one of them) got way in over their heads. What may have started as something they felt was of limited risk led to a lethal association with heartless, savage animals.

BBM Yes THIS ^^^^! This could never be considered random and there was certainly planning involved. Way too many things could have gone wrong! CM does not by appearance seem like the sharpest tool in the shed...or is he? I'm still leaning towards an accomplice here. Alone I can well imagine that he could have shot all three right there in the parking lot. But no...he transported GB 100 miles away. WHY?

The keys and his phone!

Morning SDHELPS. Sal's keys in all probability had keys to Gianni's car and the restaurant as well. Hope Best is OK. A lot for her to digest at this point. I do believe the business is the common thread in this case due to the timing of the sale, the financials prior to, the money it took to subsidize the addictions and most of all who was the loser financially that paid for the lifestyle, and again it did not begin in Nov 2013.

JMO

This sounds like the most logical scenario.
After catching up with this thread, I just wanted to clarify that I don't think they were buying weed everyday because no one does that, really. Yes, it is possible/probable she lied about what she was selling him.

This got me to thinking that it's possible that Gianni was looking to mitigate his drug costs by selling drugs himself. I could see what was meant to be a means to some extra money turn into a bigger operation then was intended, and that could ruffle some established feathers, but this is all moo anyway.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

If Gianni was at the mall during his conversation with cousin/uncle, why wasn't he answering Ilona's calls to pick her up? She finally called Sal to come get her, then called hospitals and at least one jail looking for him but the cousin/uncle thought Gianni was at the mall to pick her up when they were talking and then interrupted/disconnected - so why wasn't Gianni answering any of Ilona's calls?

If Gianni was at the mall during his conversation with cousin/uncle, why wasn't he answering Ilona's calls to pick her up? She finally called Sal to come get her, then called hospitals and at least one jail looking for him but the cousin/uncle thought Gianni was at the mall to pick her up when they were talking and then interrupted/disconnected - so why wasn't Gianni answering any of Ilona's calls?

The cousin call disconneced at 1143.

Illona didn't get off work until midnight. She likely didn't start calling Gianni's phone until she was just off work. Then, when he didn't answer, Sal was about 10 minutes away at the home in Tierrasanta.

There is hardly another explanation to kill these three people in cold blood that makes sense except that they were perceived as a threat.

While I agree with you that perception of the victims as being a threat is a possible motive, I also believe that revenge is a strong possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back