GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't make any sense for Gianni to be driving all the way to Chula Vista daily to buy weed and paying $100 for 4-5 grams. He could easily have gotten a medical MMJ card and used a dispensary or delivery service at much better prices. So, I don't believe for a minute he was buying weed from her. JMO, of course.

Just so you know, when I first made that statement about the "Payday" calendar entries from seeing it on the tv news, I couldn't see the whole screen and all the entries. That's why I wondered how to take that entry.

Ah, finally I get to see the whole cell phone screen. Now, it's obviously pertaining to just normal paydays, but that "R.I.P." can't have that many other meanings it would seem. How strange really to have entered it. How does it make sense this hardworking, steady guy worrying about his paychecks, then one specific day to be an assassin?

:gaah: Nothing makes sense yet.

Not even the DA seems to know if he had an accomplice. Seems clear he drove some vehicle to the mall, presumably his brother-in-law's dark Civic. At the time of the killings, he only owned a motorcycle, I believe.

That mall is in an urban area. Where did he store Gianni's vehicle for a month? Every cop in town was looking for it. He did not have a lot of time to get rid of the vehicle that night. Strange.

Also, it came out in court that CM got into a motorcycle accident either the day of the killings or xmas day. He did something like $6,600 worth of damage to his motorcycle, possibly seen here in a photo from myspace:

View attachment 58208

That is a lot of damage. Not sure if he was injured or hospitalized afterwards. Did that delay his disposal of Gianni's car? More unanswered questions.

Here's something I didn't know about. Thanks. Did they mention which area of the city he got in the motorcycle accident? All you're bringing up here is of most interest to me. They still don't know where Gianni's car was for a month? Incredible that it is still a mystery.

From your post - "Not even the DA seems to know if he had an accomplice." Considering he packed so much into those few days, including a motorcycle accident, it seems so likely he had an accomplice.

I guess no more search warrants have been linked by msm?

Tedious work by investigators. Based on these warrants . . .

Baggies, cigarettes and hat were in the proximity and not specifically tied to victims or Carlo, only the drug dealer they busted in a controlled buy to obtain DNA and search warrant of apartment. He's in county jail with a scheduled release in October, convicted of drug sales and child endangerment. Although, he was a suspect in the murders. It doesn't appear he gave up information regarding drug sales to the victims.

Two other dealers were tied to Gianni thru phone calls. They were cooperative and admitted drug sales to Gianni the day he went missing, although the female said she sold him marijuana, not $250 of heroin reported in the news as court testimony. The other dealer sold him Xanax shortly before he went missing. According to the warrants, neither of their homes were searched, only their phones and phone records. No arrests were made.

It seems DNA on the baggies was sufficient to conduct a search warrant of the first dealer's residence, without a controlled buy and related consequences. He may have been more forthcoming with information that led to a motive or other suspects. The child endangerment charge was an unnecessary enhancement.

I'm not suggesting cops should turn a blind eye on drug activity, only that DNA evidence collected at the crime scene justified a search warrant and confirmation of a DNA match. The guy was stupid to sell drugs to a stranger via a text message, and to have drugs/paraphernalia scattered all over his apartment, after a prior drug arrest (presumably the only criminal charge shown @San Diego Court Inquiry in 2005). This could have been accomplished AFTER they determined he wasn't a murder suspect, but gained information on other possible suspects and motive.

He was not treated the same as the two other dealers who faced no drug charges, particularly the female who admitted selling heroin to Gianni every day. Heroin dealers are in a different league than cocaine dealers, as far as I'm concerned. Common sense says she lied about it being marijuana, which is usually not sold in gram increments on a daily basis at a location 20+ miles from Gianni's home and workplace. Seems Gianni spent a good part of his day and pocketbook, investing more time "hooking up" than working. The money and time he spent suggest his drug activities were "work", and the murders are drug related.

Still no explanation why two baggies were left at the scene and who did they belonged to. I'm amazed DNA on a baggie connected to dealer #1, as well as a shell casing that brushed against the interior of the vehicle that connected to the Sal's and Gianni's father. Was there an altercation outside the vehicle that caused them to drop? This might explain why the keys and Sal's cell phone were never found. Unless he wore gloves, the murderer would have left DNA inside the vehicle when he reached in to confiscate the keys and phone.

The threat of a "death penalty" might encourage Carlo to cooperate in exchange for a plea deal. He's sequestered in the psychiatric unit after a perceived suicide attempt, perhaps it's for his own protection, not only against himself, but co-conspirators in this triple murder.

This is just something I need to go back to on the warrants #46063 and #46917, but I'll mention it to see if anyone else can provide input.

Of note from the warrants, AN the girl dealer in Chula Vista, tried to reach Gianni on 12-24-13,
then she got 11 calls she missed, then she answered one call from a private # and they hung up. Forensics were done on her phone and Det. Valentin says it appears the device had been set to factory default and data had been removed. So I guess that one strange hang up call led no where. I just wondered if she purposely removed data or it got wiped out just as common "business" practice.

There's two more warrants in regards to her referenced as #45975 and #46000 that haven't been released yet, as far as I know. Those may clarify it wasn't weed Gianni bought from her. I would think LE really concentrated on her quite thoroughly as she saw Gianni on a daily basis.

This is just something I need to go back to on the warrants #46063 and #46917, but I'll mention it to see if anyone else can provide input.

Of note from the warrants, AN the girl dealer in Chula Vista, tried to reach Gianni on 12-24-13,
then she got 11 calls she missed, then she answered one call from a private # and they hung up. Forensics were done on her phone and Det. Valentin says it appears the device had been set to factory default and data had been removed. So I guess that one strange hang up call led no where. I just wondered if she purposely removed data or it got wiped out just as common "business" practice.

There's two more warrants in regards to her referenced as #45975 and #46000 that haven't been released yet, as far as I know. Those may clarify it wasn't weed Gianni bought from her.

I was just reading that and was confused if all 11 calls came from the same number? She claimed the number was private or blocked but then when they did forensics on the phone they were able to determine the #. Which means she was most likely lying....again. So when she said she sent Gianni a text asking if he was ok, I wonder if that was because she saw the news, or because of the 11 missed calls??

Also, I find it interesting they wanted the phone records for Ilona's step father. I know it was most likely related to the blog she wrote, but still find it interesting.

Greetings to all, I've been following this from day one and you guys are all so clever that I have answers to questions in my head before I could ever comment. That being said I'm curious about something, the drug use. I'm completely naive about how drugs are purchased. But does anyone find it odd that GB would go around town and purchase drugs daily? Seems like a lot of work. Why wouldn't someone just purchase a weeks worth at one time? Unless you just don't have the cash available. And can only come up the next days cash for drugs the previous day. So where is this money coming from? $250 of heroin a day? $100 for majiuanna ? Not sure what the other (Xanax) miscellaneous drugs were costing. For just the first two it's a staggering $127,000 a year. I can't imagine what the salary is at a restaurant, but I have a hard time believing its going to cover a $127,000 plus drug habit.

Was GB using and dealing what he was buying? Where would someone get this kind of money, if not from his job? Is it common to purchase drugs on daily basis?

Please forgive me if there is an obvious explanation. I just think this kind of cash floating around is unusual, well, unless you're on Wall Street.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone insights.

God bless these kids and their families.

I'm certainly no expert in the whole drug use/buying thing but from the little I do know, no, I don't find it odd that he'd go around and not only purchase daily but probably from multiple people. And yeah... a lot of work! The guy I mentioned earlier who had a horrible painkiller addiction would buy them a pill at a time when he was broke. He had 2 or 3 people he bought from.. I think he spent half of his days getting to and from the sellers. If he was injured enough to get a prescription he'd sell those to buy the stronger ones.

It was weird how many other seemingly unexplainable things fell into place after I found out what was going on. I have this odd feeling that will happen in this case, too - that things will start making sense as we get more info.

It doesn't make any sense for Gianni to be driving all the way to Chula Vista daily to buy weed and paying $100 for 4-5 grams. He could easily have gotten a medical MMJ card and used a dispensary or delivery service at much better prices. So, I don't believe for a minute he was buying weed from her. JMO, of course.

Agreed, this was during the time when I'd drive past at least 3-4 marijuana dispensaries daily within a few miles of my house (the "Mary Jane Wellness Center" was my favorite name). They were all over the place in California for awhile. There was no need for him to go that far to get weed.

Shall we start emailing every news outlet to ask when they are going to post the rest of the warrants for us?

Thank you all for you insights concerning if it's common for a person to put so much effort into purchasing drugs on a daily basis. Makes more sense to me now.

I'm still wondering how it was all paid for on a restaurant salary? Could this be borrowed? Maybe from loan shark? Neighbor? Friend? Relative? Embezzled? Trust fund? You know the old saying "follow the money". Ha, maybe I've seen too many crime shows.

And maybe it's not really a lot of money for them. I'm sure it's one of those things I'll never know, unless it comes up in evidence later.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

People, there was no daily weed buys...it was heroin. And yes, people buy on a daily basis. Having said that, three drugs will either kill you (or get you killed) - those drugs are Meth, Cocaine, and Heroin. And no, you don't get discounts for being a steady customer. The drug world doesn't have blue light specials. The further your addiction rises, so do the prices. Also, with Meth its possible to deal to help offset the cost of your addiction, but not with heroin. So it's my guess the family's financial woes may have been due to pilfering. I also am pretty sure the abrupt move from Utah to SD may be an effort by the family to get the three away from their known sources in Utah and start fresh - I believe the father may have bought them the restaurant hoping it would help. Who knows?

FYI - If your addicted to Heroin, you're most likely also buying cocaine. Why? Because the heroin brings you 'way down', so addicts will often times use cocaine to "get the balance right" so they can function in society and hold a job.
The female in CV who allegedly sold GB weed, also did a factory reset on her phone before detectives had a chance to scan it. Yes, she was lying. Drug dealers/users lie!
I also did some research which shows the alleged drug dealer from CV has many evictions as does her mother and her mothers boyfriend.

The second half of the conversation I witnessed at the fundraiser went like this: "I told Gianni not to f*ck around with the border brother's - because this ain't Utah and we don't play here in Cali!"

I don't like being talked down to, so if I bring something up that seems stupid to anyone else, I hope they'll realize I go through efforts to remain polite on this forum so we can work together.

This has nothing to do with this case, but just came to mind.

Anybody who has watched "Breaking Bad" will probably remember the business fronts to launder the drug money in a sophisticated operation.

I've heard in the past, cars full of drugs that made it across the border were often picked up in C.V. by separate drivers to take it other places. This doesn't have anything to do with Gianni making daily trips to C.V., but it crossed my mind at first. AN must have had the quality he could trust and it was somehow worth him to drive all that way daily. Poor him.

I don't like being talked down to, so if I bring something up that seems stupid to anyone else, I hope they'll realize I go through efforts to remain polite on this forum so we can work together.

This has nothing to do with this case, but just came to mind.

Anybody who has watched "Breaking Bad" will probably remember the business fronts to launder the drug money in a sophisticated operation.

I've heard in the past, cars full of drugs that made it across the border were often picked up in C.V. by separate drivers to take it other places.

Totally agree with you Curious Me. I don't see any need to put people down while discussing this case or any other.

ha... it's funny you mentioned Breaking Bad. I was thinking of that show related to this case too, for some reason. I think it's because of the large amount of money that they must have had, when you consider their jobs (restaurant, some sort of mall kiosk type thing, or even Target if you want to factor in CM - none of those are exactly high paying).

People, there [were] no daily weed buys...it was heroin [and apparently other drugs, like benzos and cocaine].

Drug dealers/users lie!

Others asking questions on this board as to the illogicality of Gianni buying marijuana on a daily basis have already discovered the absurdity of this. With due respect to the deceased, no one in the East County would drive to the South Bay on a regular, daily basis to buy marijuana.

A heroin addict with somewhat limited (access to?) funds, IMO, would do that on a daily basis. It is probably difficult for people who are not addicted to narcotics (or cocaine, or meth) to even imagine this. Only by living with the monkey on your own back ravaging your body--and your sanity--day after day would the power of addiction become so frighteningly clear.

And, as relevant, it is hard to imagine these beautiful young people living with the scepter of addiction hanging over their heads every single day. (It appears that Sal was the only one who dealt with this problem successfully, and it had to be difficult for him to know that his brother and Ilona had not.) It may be difficult to accept that today's heroin addicts don't necessarily hang out in grimy bus stations and seedy hotels using dirty needles to get their fix. It is much more likely that they are your neighbors, maybe your lawyer or doctor--regular people who dabbled with substances that stole their lives from them, slowly and insidiously, until it was far too late to "just say no".

LE has done a pretty good job getting down to the nitty-gritty of the addictions that plagued these three young people in an effort to find out who is responsible for their deaths. I still do not understand exactly how CM fits into this picture, but it is highly likely that these three met people in the drug trade that care very little about people except for what they can extort out of them--by drugs or otherwise--and have absolutely no remorse in eliminating them in a most vicious manner should they become a big enough problem. (I do not know if they became a big enough problem for anybody--this is one of the great mysteries related to these murders.)

I remain profoundly sad about what happened to Ilona, Gianni, and Sal. They are no different than countless numbers of people in this city that struggle with addiction. They did not deserve to die violently in a dark parking lot separated from their family and friends, given no chance to overcome any mistakes they made in their short lives to become the best people they could have been.

There is obviously something (and someone) very evil behind all of this. CM is almost certainly only a part of it.

Sorry...quote broke but responding to Hmmm_what_if.
People, there was no daily weed buys...it was heroin. And yes, people buy on a daily basis. Having said that, three drugs will either kill you (or get you killed) - those drugs are Meth, Cocaine, and Heroin. And no, you don't get discounts for being a steady customer. The drug world doesn't have blue light specials. The further your addiction rises, so do the prices. Also, with Meth its possible to deal to help offset the cost of your addiction, but not with heroin. So it's my guess the family's financial woes may have been due to pilfering. I also am pretty sure the abrupt move from Utah to SD may be an effort by the family to get the three away from their known sources in Utah and start fresh - I believe the father may have bought them the restaurant hoping it would help. Who knows?

FYI - If your addicted to Heroin, you're most likely also buying cocaine. Why? Because the heroin brings you 'way down', so addicts will often times use cocaine to "get the balance right" so they can function in society and hold a job.
The female in CV who allegedly sold GB weed, also did a factory reset on her phone before detectives had a chance to scan it. Yes, she was lying. Drug dealers/users lie!
I also did some research which shows the alleged drug dealer from CV has many evictions as does her mother and her mothers boyfriend.

The second half of the conversation I witnessed at the fundraiser went like this: "I told Gianni not to f*ck around with the border brother's - because this ain't Utah and we don't play here in Cali!"[/QUOTE]
I simply came back on to load the warrant information. Again, since you have so much inside information...please become a "verified insider". If you choose not to I can only consider your posts as hearsay. I don't have the time to investigate a lot of the avenues you suggest either.

WS is simply a venue to express and share information via MSM. We are here as a group and support each others idea's, information and theory's. Yes we debate a lot but that's what we do here.

Hopefully you can find the time to support all of your statements. I for one would be interested.

People, there was no daily weed buys...it was heroin. And yes, people buy on a daily basis. Having said that, three drugs will either kill you (or get you killed) - those drugs are Meth, Cocaine, and Heroin. And no, you don't get discounts for being a steady customer. The drug world doesn't have blue light specials. The further your addiction rises, so do the prices. Also, with Meth its possible to deal to help offset the cost of your addiction, but not with heroin.

I have no experience in the heroin trade, but imagine it's similar to that of other illegal substances.

Steady customers who pay cash are a drug dealer's dream. They get preferential treatment, from quantity to quality, from availability to response time.

They present little risk, from being ripped off to ratted out, their financial investment and regularity allows the dealer to "re-up" to meet their customers' needs. It's no fun for a jonesin' addict to put his money up front, then sit around in a drug house or his car, waiting for delivery.

Users and dealers are ranked in their drug circles. "Word" = Reputation. They are highly valued if low risk, reliable, consistent, appreciative, trustworthy (ha ha! they are to each other), out of the public/LE eye, and follow the "rules". Padilla was a risky drug dealer, the girl slinging heroin in Chula Vista "was not" until somebody died.

Others asking questions on this board as to the illogicality of Gianni buying marijuana on a daily basis have already discovered the absurdity of this. With due respect to the deceased, no one in the East County would drive to the South Bay on a regular, daily basis to buy marijuana.

A heroin addict with somewhat limited (access to?) funds, IMO, would do that on a daily basis. It is probably difficult for people who are not addicted to narcotics (or cocaine, or meth) to even imagine this. Only by living with the monkey on your own back ravaging your body--and your sanity--day after day would the power of addiction become so frighteningly clear.

And, as relevant, it is hard to imagine these beautiful young people living with the scepter of addiction hanging over their heads every single day. (It appears that Sal was the only one who dealt with this problem successfully, and it had to be difficult for him to know that his brother and Ilona had not.) It may be difficult to accept that today's heroin addicts don't necessarily hang out in grimy bus stations and seedy hotels using dirty needles to get their fix. It is much more likely that they are your neighbors, maybe your lawyer or doctor--regular people who dabbled with substances that stole their lives from them, slowly and insidiously, until it was far too late to "just say no".

LE has done a pretty good job getting down to the nitty-gritty of the addictions that plagued these three young people in an effort to find out who is responsible for their murders. I still do not understand exactly how CM fits into this picture, but it is highly likely that these three met people in the drug trade that care very little about people except for what they can extort out of them--by drugs or otherwise--and have absolutely no remorse in eliminating them in a most vicious manner should they become a big enough problem. (I do not know if they became a big enough problem for anybody--this is one of the great mysteries related to these murders.)

I remain profoundly sad about what happened to Ilona, Gianni, and Sal. They are no different than countless numbers of people in this city that struggle with addiction. They did not deserve to die violently in a parking lot separated from their family and friends, given no chance to overcome any mistakes they made in their short lives to become the best people they could have been.

There is obviously something (and someone) very evil behind all of this. CM is almost certainly only part of it.

Very, very well put lynxofsd. The "thanks" button wasn't enough.

Yeah.. daily marijuana buys, I don't think so (especially when it's semi-legal here in California and not AT ALL hard to find - I don't even smoke it, or eat it, or whatever but I know where to find it). I have however known people hooked on various other drugs who would spend their entire days and nights working to find it, pay for it, get more so that they could function in order to work and try to appear normal. I also really don't think these 3 (or even the 2 of them) were making $100k+ per year to spend on drugs, after all other expenses. No disrespect is intended to any of them - in fact my heart breaks even more the more I hear.

ETA: especially the fact that they were alone in a dark parking lot, and most likely looking forward to being with their families for the holiday. For all we know maybe they were 'stocking up' so they could get through the holiday with their family without having to mysteriously leave to get more (or not, we really don't know, but the thought has crossed my mind). You said this really well They didn't deserve to die this way and their families didn't deserve to lose them this way.

I have no experience in the heroin trade, but imagine it's similar to that of other illegal substances.

Steady customers who pay cash are a drug dealer's dream. They get preferential treatment, from quantity to quality, from availability to response time.

They present little risk, from being ripped off to ratted out, their financial investment and regularity allows the dealer to "re-up" to meet their customers' needs. It's no fun for a jonesin' addict to put his money up front, then sit around in a drug house or his car, waiting for delivery.

Users and dealers are ranked in their drug circles. "Word" = Reputation. They are highly valued if low risk, reliable, consistent, appreciative, trustworthy (ha ha! they are to each other), out of the public/LE eye, and follow the "rules". Padilla was a risky drug dealer, the girl slinging heroin in Chula Vista "was not" until somebody died.

This is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking too. I'm not sure how much the drugs factored into it but IF they did - from what little we know it seems these 3 were good 'customers.' What happened to change that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back