CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but if you consider the alcohol and benadryl how close to the time they drive off the cliff do you think their decision could have been? Like I think it's possible they didn't have it planned before they left, but for sure hours before they pulled off the road they knew what they were going to do.

Oh, I totally think it was planned. Maybe not very far in advance but still planned. I just like to think about all the options and was just thinking of other reasons why there might not have been a note. There's also the chance that they always gave the kids Benedryl when they went on roadtrips.

True, but if you consider the alcohol and benadryl how close to the time they drive off the cliff do you think their decision could have been? Like I think it's possible they didn't have it planned before they left, but for sure hours before they pulled off the road they knew what they were going to do.

Why do you think this time? Devonte did not want to be split up so I would think they would cover any story the gruesome twosome came up with.

What was different this time?

It seems like they left quickly after CPS was there.

Maybe they looked around for an alternative to move away but nothing was working out. Sarah did text at 3:00 am that she was sick and would not make it to work.

I don’t know why they would drive that far. Driving a long distance is not fun. What was the conversation for hours and hours? Jen and Sarah could not be
private.

How did the Benadryl come into play ( the ingredient that makes up Bemedryl. Who knows if it was Benadryl)

LE did not find anything amiss at the house. I would think if there was an altercation, they were not going to straighten the house. Or maybe they would, but why go on such a long drive? If something dire had happened at the house, why not a quicker “accident”?

Longshot speculation - they got on the road to get away and plan, maybe find friends in California or run to Mexico. Then reality hit and they made the decision to end it. Proceed no further and no going back.

Or they had it in mind the whole time but it took them that long to finalize the details, pick a spot, and work up the nerve to do it. Perhaps one needed that time to get the other on board?

Why do you think this time? Devonte did not want to be split up so I would think they would cover any story the gruesome twosome came up with.

What was different this time?

I don't know.

They were hiding something big and knew CPS was bound to find it? They knew the knocks on the door weren't going away.

What do you think was different?

Thank you!! So much this!! Not every - or even most - adoptive parents have bad intentions!! For every case such as the Hart’s, there are so many more loving, caring, parents who adopted their children and live regular lives sans abuse, neglect, racism, etc. some assumptions and accusations in this thread regarding interracial adoption have been really cringey and inappropriate imo

What about the "white saviours" and "narcissist" comments? They seem pretty accusatory and assumptive too imo. At least until there is some sort of confirmation about exactly how the deaths occurred anyway. Even the criticism of the seemingly few bananas purchase was harsh.

I am thinking of the photos

I of the two boys and Jen’s comments about teenagers and being drunk. And the martini glass pictures.

There is nothing teenager about those kids. They were not out with peers doing anything.

People who groom kids oftern get them drunk. I wonder if leting the kids drink was another way of exercising control. Let them do an adult thing to cement the relationship.

I don't know.

They were hiding something big and knew CPS was bound to find it? They knew the knocks on the door weren't going away.

What do you think was different?

I am mystified. The only things I can think of are that some of the kids may be filled with bruises or may be emaciated. Something that cannot be explained away.

They were able to coach the kids before and CPS left them alone

What about the "white saviours" and "narcissist" comments? They seem pretty accusatory and assumptive too imo. At least until there is some sort of confirmation about exactly how the deaths occurred anyway. Even the criticism of the seemingly few bananas purchase was harsh.

Is Devonte begging for food something to be nonchalant about? How about Hannah jumping out of a second story window and crawling through blackberry bushes? Mind your own business?

How about putting a six year old head under cold water and beating so much that there are bruises? Too harsh and accusatory about the “parents”?

I just had a thought - what if everyone was asleep and the driver nodded off. Could that cause the slowing for 70 feet that someone mentioned then loss of traction going over the edge cause the wheel spins and 90 mph recorded before impact? In my mind that would be the best outcome here - a tragic accident.

It would also explain the turning round at Fort Bragg and heading back wouldn't it?

:cow:

I am mystified. The only things I can think of are that some of the kids may be filled with bruises or may be emaciated. Something that cannot be explained away.

They were able to coach the kids before and CPS left them alone

Malnourished, missing teeth, scars, broken bones that hadn't healed correctly... And I was thinking since no one had seen the kids in months what if one of them was seriously ill? What happens if CPS shows up and one of your children has pneumonia or a broken wrist?

I just had a thought - what if everyone was asleep and the driver nodded off. Could that cause the slowing for 70 feet that someone mentioned then loss of traction going over the edge cause the wheel spins and 90 mph recorded before impact? In my mind that would be the best outcome here - a tragic accident.

It would also explain the turning round at Fort Bragg and heading back wouldn't it?

It wasn't a slowing for 70 feet. It was a stop 70 feet from the edge and then an acceleration over the edge. The driver was reportedly (according to LE) alert, awake, and intoxicated.

Longshot speculation - they got on the road to get away and plan, maybe find friends in California or run to Mexico. Then reality hit and they made the decision to end it. Proceed no further and no going back.

Or they had it in mind the whole time but it took them that long to finalize the details, pick a spot, and work up the nerve to do it. Perhaps one needed that time to get the other on board?

It makes sense that they were going to try and get away. They did that in the past. Maybe the friends were not home? You need a passport or a special ID to go to Nexico.

It is weird to me that they would take such a long drive for no purpose.

Is Devonte begging for food something to be nonchalant about? How about Hannah jumping out of a second story window and crawling through blackberry bushes? Mind your own business?

How about putting a six year old head under cold water and beating so much that there are bruises? Too harsh and accusatory about the “parents”?

That was dealt with by CPS and the assault charge. CPS becoming involved again appears to have prompted their departure. We don't know the reason - but fear they could lose the kids, certainly possible imo.

It wasn't a slowing for 70 feet. It was a stop 70 feet from the edge and then an acceleration over the edge. The driver was reportedly (according to LE) alert, awake, and intoxicated.
Could you post the link for that so I can compare to the links I posted? TIA.

(I read one report where they did not know who was driving, a report that the two women were wearing seatbelts but the kids weren't and another that said none were wearing belts so its hard to know the exact circumstances)

That was dealt with by CPS and the assault charge. CPS becoming involved again appears to have prompted their departure. We don't know the reason - but fear they could lose the kids, certainly possible imo.

They managed to explain things away two times in the past. So why not this time? Devonte did not want to get split up so the kids would probably lie.

Since the outcome won't change either way, I wish they WOULD come out and decide that it was accidental. The mothers could have a bad history with the kids, even be abusive and neglectful, but still innocent of actually killing them. I go back and forth, especially since we haven't had any professionals associated with the case come forward and talk about some of the things we've speculated on. For example, we've spoken of they appearing malnourished (FWIW, I can't tell from photos whether they're malnourished or not), but the coroner or former physicians haven't come forward and verified that. Because LE has changed their minds about some things involving the crash, I am still hesitant to say that I absolutely believe it was intentional or not. As Bluesneakers said above, I tend to believe that they got on the road quickly to get away, maybe with the intent of staying with friends or maybe to just kind of get as far away as possible. I think it was done in a panic. Once on the road, however, the reality of the situation sank in and they realized that actual "disappearing" is not as realistic as they may have thought. I think they continued panicking. Then, out of desperation and/or fear of facing jail time, having the children removed, losing the image of their "perfect family", or whatever, one or both of them decided to end their lives.

That's what I think may have happened. I am totally open to other suggestions, though, and I won't be surprised at all if they come forward and said that the crash was accidental. Even an accidental death would not negate some of the things they did in the past.

I'm betting on #2. Where else would they find a cliff with a drop off that big to drive off? There are certainly many cliffs like that here in Oregon, but most of them have guardrails, walls, or fences to keep cars from going over. The locations that don't have barriers, are on smaller drop offs, that would not necessarily kill the occupants of a car. They could have probably driven into a river and drowned, but apparently they wanted a big Thelma & Louise ending, and that was the location they picked to do it. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member