CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the outcome won't change either way, I wish they WOULD come out and decide that it was accidental. The mothers could have a bad history with the kids, even be abusive and neglectful, but still innocent of actually killing them. I go back and forth, especially since we haven't had any professionals associated with the case come forward and talk about some of the things we've speculated on. For example, we've spoken of they appearing malnourished (FWIW, I can't tell from photos whether they're malnourished or not), but the coroner or former physicians haven't come forward and verified that. Because LE has changed their minds about some things involving the crash, I am still hesitant to say that I absolutely believe it was intentional or not. As Bluesneakers said above, I tend to believe that they got on the road quickly to get away, maybe with the intent of staying with friends or maybe to just kind of get as far away as possible. I think it was done in a panic. Once on the road, however, the reality of the situation sank in and they realized that actual "disappearing" is not as realistic as they may have thought. I think they continued panicking. Then, out of desperation and/or fear of facing jail time, having the children removed, losing the image of their "perfect family", or whatever, one or both of them decided to end their lives.

That's what I think may have happened. I am totally open to other suggestions, though, and I won't be surprised at all if they come forward and said that the crash was accidental. Even an accidental death would not negate some of the things they did in the past.

Why do you think they turned round at Fort Bragg?

Also, why call in sick for work if you are going to top yourself. That doesn't make sense.

Since the outcome won't change either way, I wish they WOULD come out and decide that it was accidental. The mothers could have a bad history with the kids, even be abusive and neglectful, but still innocent of actually killing them. I go back and forth, especially since we haven't had any professionals associated with the case come forward and talk about some of the things we've speculated on. For example, we've spoken of they appearing malnourished (FWIW, I can't tell from photos whether they're malnourished or not), but the coroner or former physicians haven't come forward and verified that. Because LE has changed their minds about some things involving the crash, I am still hesitant to say that I absolutely believe it was intentional or not. As Bluesneakers said above, I tend to believe that they got on the road quickly to get away, maybe with the intent of staying with friends or maybe to just kind of get as far away as possible. I think it was done in a panic. Once on the road, however, the reality of the situation sank in and they realized that actual "disappearing" is not as realistic as they may have thought. I think they continued panicking. Then, out of desperation and/or fear of facing jail time, having the children removed, losing the image of their "perfect family", or whatever, one or both of them decided to end their lives.

That's what I think may have happened. I am totally open to other suggestions, though, and I won't be surprised at all if they come forward and said that the crash was accidental. Even an accidental death would not negate some of the things they did in the past.

I agree with your theory. But I have many questions (so many) I hope will be answered as LE continues to investigate and search for Hannah and Devonte.

Also, why call in sick for work if you are going to top yourself. That doesn't make sense.

To keep people from checking in on me? To buy me some time? I don't think the deaths were planned that far in advance. As I said in my post, I think they originally left with the intentions of just trying to get away-maybe go off the grid, go to a friend's house, or just drive as far away as possible. The idea for dying came later, I think.

And, as Bluesneakers said, they may ave been returning to the pullout area.

I don't know. It's all theories and speculation at this point.

I actually consider the text sent by Sarah as a "I don't feel good, maybe you should check on me if I don't text back or take your calls". I mean, I feel like the text was sent for someone to call her and, obviously, she wouldn't pick up. I think she wanted someone to look for her.

I actually consider the text sent by Sarah as a "I don't feel good, maybe you should check on me if I don't text back or take your calls". I mean, I feel like the text was sent for someone to call her and, obviously, she wouldn't pick up. I think she wanted someone to look for her.

Was it those exact words? I didn't remember it being that. (Lots of info in lots of cases to keep up with.) If so then I agree with you. That sounds like an SOS.

Was it those exact words? I didn't remember it being that. (Lots of info in lots of cases to keep up with.) If so then I agree with you. That sounds like an SOS.

I haven't seen the specific wording, only that she said she was sick and might have to go to the hospital. I thought she was buying time, sort of a pre-emptive don't expect to hear from her for a day or two. If she didn't know what was going to happen but thought she would be back? Like she needed a few days free of whatever obligations.

I have no idea if she knew her friend would call 911, but by the time she did it was already too late.

If she knew what was going to happen when she sent the text - people who are suicidal do puzzling things all the time.

I haven't seen the specific wording, only that she said she was sick and might have to go to the hospital. I thought she was buying time, sort of a pre-emptive don't expect to hear from her for a day or two. If she didn't know what was going to happen but thought she would be back? Like she needed a few days free of whatever obligations.

I have no idea if she knew her friend would call 911, but by the time she did it was already too late.

If she knew what was going to happen when she sent the text - people who are suicidal do puzzling things all the time.

See, I thought she was buying time as well. But if she said "check on me" (or something to that effect) then that changes something for me. Still could have been using the text to buy time, of course.

Ha ha, we've basically been talking amongst the 3-4 of us all night. Don't you people sleep!? :snooty:

See, I thought she was buying time as well. But if she said "check on me" (or something to that effect) then that changes something for me. Still could have been using the text to buy time, of course.

Ha ha, we've basically been talking amongst the 3-4 of us all night. Don't you people sleep!? :snooty:

I am in a way different time zone.

No, not the exact words. That's just the vibe I got from the text. Like, she sent the text to say she wasn't feeling good so someone should check up on her.

I think she wasn't expecting to be back. They left everything behind. Maybe she kind of knew it wasn't going to end well. That's why I think she sent the text to make sure someone would be looking for her.

Spending the night with my old friend Insomnia. Sometimes it's easier to not fight it and catch up the next night. :)

"She sent out a text message at 3 in the morning on Saturday morning [sic], saying that she was sick, but nobody's been able to get ahold of her, talk to her, or seen her since that text message," the friend told the dispatcher.

The friend added that Sarah said she was unable to go to work and that she thought she would have to go to a doctor.

Okay, I'm back to my original line of thinking-she was buying time for them to get on the road. One way or the other, I don't think she expected to return.

No, not the exact words. That's just the vibe I got from the text. Like, she sent the text to say she wasn't feeling good so someone should check up on her.

I think she wasn't expecting to be back. They left everything behind. Maybe she kind of knew it wasn't going to end well. That's why I think she sent the text to make sure someone would be looking for her.

Do you mean looking for their bodies? Because I hadn't thought of that and damn, what a creepy thought.

And you're right that's exactly what happened. Two days go by and her friend called 911.

Do you mean looking for their bodies? Because I hadn't thought of that and damn, what a creepy thought.

And you're right that's exactly what happened. Two days go by and her friend called 911.

Exactly, I think that's what she was trying to do. Making sure someone would find them.

BBM

I remember discussion in an earlier thread where people who know that stretch of highway were saying that particular turnout area was the last high sea cliff that was accessible to vehicles for quite some distance, that after that one it's miles of beach & lower lying areas (or something along those lines).

Only about 25% of people who complete suicide leave notes. It's probably a lower percentage of family annihilators who do. I think LE might find clues in their electronic communications - J and S wouldn't have needed to exchange emails or texts discussing their plans, but they might find info like map routes or googling effects of benadryl.
Do you have a link for the 25%. That is low imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member