ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone has the chance to check out the youtube video "sarah's 37th birthday adventure", pay close attention to markis, the oldest boy and hannah, the girl with the missing two front teeth.

This is the first time I've watched it all the way through. Those kids are amazing.

My first impression is that the four younger kids (Jeremiah, Devonte, Abigail, and Sierra) really love each other. They look more like four best friends than four siblings. Which isn't a bad thing, given the circumstances. I'm glad they had each other. My second impression is that Markis and Hannah really are on their own. They're left out (at least in this video) from the goofing around by the other four kids, and they're certainly put in the background of this video. But they also seem to stick together. I'm glad they had each other, too. My third impression is that I get no warmth from either Jen or Sarah. The hug between Abigail and Sarah is difficult to watch. Sarah just seems completely absent.

Supposedly Hannah originally went to the other neighbors house, but he had a gate that was locked. Mr DeKalb states she was covered in blueberry burrs from going to that neighbors house, before coming to their house as they had no gate

What do I look up to find this video on Youtube?

Hello. First post here, I have read al the Hart threads but have not seen this article here https://medium.com/@DeepGreenPhilly...ite-gaze-the-hart-family-tragedy-bb02416bb0ad

It certainly was written in anger and whatever you may think of its point of view, what struck me is this:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]One of the most difficult aspects of the Hart family tragedy to comprehend is why these women chose to starve their children. Days before his disappearance, Devonte had gone to his next door neighbor begging for food. This begging continued for five days in a row, and he was asking for food not only for himself but for his siblings as well. Here are the estimated weights and heights of the three missing children who were not recovered from the crash site: Devonte Hart, 5'1, 90 lbs, 15 years old; Sierra Hart, 4'5, 60 lbs, 15 years old; Hannah Hart, 4'1, 45 lbs, 16 years old. These are nowhere near age appropriate stats for children of their age. They were being starved. They were literally withering away.[/COLOR]

I guess the estimates are by the author because I have seen no other, let alone official, source for the weight of the children. What would be your guesstimate for especially Hannah? 45 lbs can’t be right, that’s less than 22.5 kilo, impossible methinks. My healthy, tall, sporty daughters were around 60 kilo at age 16 (thinking they were too fat, as you do at that age).

However, imo, the Hart children certainly were under weight. Regarding Markis’ cheeks/jawline, it is the first thing I noticed about him and certainly I’ve never seen anything like it. My heart goes out to him, he seems so unloved, always at the edge, in the corner, almost out of the frame.

Those are the weights listed on their missing person posters. Obviously the posters haven't been distributed widely. That's really a shame. The Sheriff's office needs to do better.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DaDecLpUwAEQL_R.jpg
    DaDecLpUwAEQL_R.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 616
  • DaDeeuCU8AAPwCx.jpg
    DaDeeuCU8AAPwCx.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 607
  • DaDefuJUwAASv4g.jpg
    DaDefuJUwAASv4g.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 602
if anyone has the chance to check out the youtube video "sarah's 37th birthday adventure", pay close attention to markis, the oldest boy and hannah, the girl with the missing two front teeth.

They barely make an appearance. :(

I don't believe that a parent should be reported to the government for missing a 'well baby' check up. I think it is intrusive and unnecessary.

My kids had the same pediatrician, and there were a few times where I took one child in for a set appointment, had the other with me, and our doctor would take a quick look at the other child if I had a question.

I took my kids to every toddler check up, for the most part, but I may have missed one or two as they got older, OR as they would have been quickly checked out when at the office with the other one.

I don't like legislating something like this, forcing a parent to bring a healthy child into the doctor, under threat of a CPS investigation. It seems heavy handed and unnecessary.

But maybe that is the libertarian in me rebelling...

Honestly, the idea of legislation like that scares me to death. If this was on a state level, I would move.

We don't actually know that they didn't do things that helped the kids learn about their culture. We don't know what they did or not teach their children about their culture or heritage. Social media posts don't show everything, as we've repeatedly discussed.

As a "hippie" myself, I personally enjoy "hippie festivals" and "going out in nature" and I have many African American friends who do as well.

I don't feel that the issue here is what kind of festivals they attended but, rather, the abuse that the children suffered.

Not teaching them about their culture is abusive, If they had done anything, Jen would have been bragging about it on FB.

OMG Hannah was the oldest at 16 she was only 45lbs and 4’1

https://www.livestrong.com/article/374611-the-average-weight-height-for-a-16-year-old/

Sixteen-year-olds in the fiftieth percentile stand 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weigh 115 lbs as their growth curves level off.

Her physical stats are just brutal.

It's just supposition but I've been wondering if Hannah might've been a premature baby & the Hart's dietary rules prevented her from gaining any catch up that she might have achieved if she was placed in any other home.

If they enforced food deprivation as punishment on a kid with that kind of history, that child would've had no reserves to hold off the damage to their growth & development :(

$2.5 mil. A year is less than $1 per person, so imo yes it’s worth it.

My understanding is that the sex offender registry is so civilians can look up if there are sex offenders in their area. Imo, that’s not really what we immediately need for child abusers. Imo there needs to be a national database for authorities for child abusers. Because I dont think many people are going to search for which of their neighbors are convicted of abuse, unless it’s a situation that’s at the point where the police should be involved anyway. I feel like it’s far too easy for child abusers, once accused of abuse or once they think people are on to them, to up and leave to another state where no one knows their past.

It’s been a long day so to avoid speculation- I of course think there should be a national database for law enforcement to cross reference sex offenders as well.

I would rather pay for this than golf

Those are the weights listed on their missing person posters. Obviously the posters haven't been distributed widely. That's really a shame. The Sheriff's office needs to do better.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I don't think they're wasting time and resources on flyers when they're basically convinced the missing kids are in the water. Even though I know all of us wish they were safe somewhere.

Interesting, different view of couple from the early beginnings. Even with one child they were a little harsh. I can't imagine being taken to a beauty counter and made to have a 'makeover', parents watching arms crossed...

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...-remember-previous-foster-child-in-minnesota/

So their very first foster child also ate out of their garbage. I'd seriously suspect they were starting their food deprivation/punishment way back then. I still wonder if these women didn't both have food issues in their past also.

I wonder why they ran to the DeKalbs rather than the other neighbor. The other neighbor seemed somewhat acquainted with him whereas the DeKalbs were like, "Huh who are you?" when Hannah first showed up. Maybe the other neighbor was friendly with the mothers and they were worried that he would side with the moms if they confided in him so they decided to reach out to the DeKalbs instead. Maybe they figured the DeKalbs would be more neutral and less likely to side with the moms. So tragic that the DeKalbs failed them. I hope they never ever sleep peacefully again.

That is extremely cruel. They did call CPS. We all can go on about what we would do in a situation like this but it's all fun and games until we actually have to do something, to say something.

I don't believe that a parent should be reported to the government for missing a 'well baby' check up. I think it is intrusive and unnecessary.

My kids had the same pediatrician, and there were a few times where I took one child in for a set appointment, had the other with me, and our doctor would take a quick look at the other child if I had a question.

I took my kids to every toddler check up, for the most part, but I may have missed one or two as they got older, OR as they would have been quickly checked out when at the office with the other one.

I don't like legislating something like this, forcing a parent to bring a healthy child into the doctor, under threat of a CPS investigation. It seems heavy handed and unnecessary.

But maybe that is the libertarian in me rebelling...
I am curious why a parent would not bring a child in for check ups at certain recommended ages?

A doctor has actual training to discuss and notice things.

That is extremely cruel. They did call CPS. We all can go on about what we would do in a situation like this but it's all fun and games until we actually have to do something, to say something.

I agree. When you are on the outside of a situation it is very easy to stand back and judge. Many people failed these kids; the Dekalbs DID try.

I wonder why they ran to the DeKalbs rather than the other neighbor. The other neighbor seemed somewhat acquainted with him whereas the DeKalbs were like, "Huh who are you?" when Hannah first showed up. Maybe the other neighbor was friendly with the mothers and they were worried that he would side with the moms if they confided in him so they decided to reach out to the DeKalbs instead. Maybe they figured the DeKalbs would be more neutral and less likely to side with the moms. So tragic that the DeKalbs failed them. I hope they never ever sleep peacefully again.

Hannah went to the other neighbor’s but the gate was locked. She crawled through blackberries to get there.

The DeKalbs are not trained in reporting are they?

I was a mandated reporter and it is not as easy as it looks . All reporting I did was discussed with other professionals to see what they thought.

With one of the worst abuse cases ( which no one knew until the investigation), I literally had to scream at the police to do something.

With my neighbor across the street ( a teenage boy who was hitting his three year old sister on the hood of a car), I called my husband to come and look to see if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.My husband went and had a discussion with the boy.

We called LE and what did they do? Call mom at work. They never came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed